Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where all have you been stationed?

Just found this Military spouse section! Hubby is a Marine.

We met here in Yuma (5 yrs ago), so this is suprisingly the only place we have been stationed. Couple of close calls with recruiting duty, but both times decided to send him to Iraq instead. We like it here. I have a great job, my daughter is in a great school. But we are willing to go any where. We look at it as an adventure.

Army here. DH for 24 years. We've been married 13 years and have been to the following:

95-99-Ft. Benning, Ga

99-2005-Redstone Arsenal, AL (That place was my favorite)

2005-present-Wiesbaden, Germany (love it here, too! I was banded here!:smile:)

94-95 Fort Campbell, KY (met and married there)

95-98 Hohenfels, Germany

98-00 Fort Benning, GA

00-04 Babenhausen, Germany

04-06 Fort Campbell, KY

06-current Fort Hood, TX

We are ssssssoooooo ready to get back to Germany, but with this next duty station possibly being his last, I want to go somewhere we haven't been if we can't get Germany.

IntoLess and Gina S. ... I hear you both...my husband and I are also stationed here. I am living in, as I've heard it called, "Harlem Heights"...lol. But it's all good in the "Hood"...the FORT Hood, that is...lol. I am not impressed with this place at all. I'd rather be in Georgia or N.C. closer to my family to be honest. But wherever my hubby goes, I go with him. It's nice to know that there are other MW's(military wives) on this forum who live here as well. Especially girthy girls. I don't see a lot of big people around here, which surprised me b/c before we moved here, I thought it was all I would see. I thought I'd be in the majority...lol. I mean, it is TEXAS...everything is suppose to be so "BIG" here...NOT! lol

IntoLess and Gina S. ... I hear you both...my husband and I are also stationed here. I am living in, as I've heard it called, "Harlem Heights"...lol. But it's all good in the "Hood"...the FORT Hood, that is...lol. I am not impressed with this place at all. I'd rather be in Georgia or N.C. closer to my family to be honest. But wherever my hubby goes, I go with him. It's nice to know that there are other MW's(military wives) on this forum who live here as well. Especially girthy girls. I don't see a lot of big people around here, which surprised me b/c before we moved here, I thought it was all I would see. I thought I'd be in the majority...lol. I mean, it is TEXAS...everything is suppose to be so "BIG" here...NOT! lol

We still aren't impressed with Hood, and we've been here 2 years now. *lol* The only other duty station we had though was at Camp Shelby, Mississippi - and husband was there for 5 years before we came here. We liked it there though, it was pretty nice.

We're both from east Texas orginally, and you would think their would be some big girls around, but, no. I've never been more self-consicious of myself until we got to Hood and I saw all these wives walking aroundwith shorts that looked like thongs.

We still aren't impressed with Hood, and we've been here 2 years now. *lol* The only other duty station we had though was at Camp Shelby, Mississippi - and husband was there for 5 years before we came here. We liked it there though, it was pretty nice.

We're both from east Texas orginally, and you would think their would be some big girls around, but, no. I've never been more self-consicious of myself until we got to Hood and I saw all these wives walking aroundwith shorts that looked like thongs.

LOL...SOOOOOO TRUE!!! I thought I was the only one. I am from SC, Charleston to be exact. And while we're definitely not a "big girl mecca" we have our share of big women there. Before I moved to Texas I was living in Durham, NC and there were big women there. So I thought that moving to Texas I would be in "la la land"...NO WAY! I felt so self conscious here myself, like never before! A lot of the military wives are so skinny and glamorous looking...again...BIG surpirse for me! I'm mean, I'm no "Whoopi Goldberg" (all though I'm sure there are some men who find her attractive), myself, but still...I was amazed at how skinny and put together they were. I'm getting the band for health reasons mind you...not to compete with anyone, but I was REALLY surprised! But I am glad to see I wasn't the only one who felt that way about the shortage of big women on this side, (because when you visit Dallas...they ARE there...lol), of Texas, Mrs EOD! lol *hi five*

washington (where we met)

groton (him alone but i visited once lol)

kingsbay ga (we got married here)

sigonella

great lakes

portsmouth

great lakes and here we will stay until retirement :0)

Goose Creek, SC 01-02 - school

Ballston Spa, NY 02-02 - 6 months-school

Kings Bay, GA 02-04 - sea duty

Silverdale, WA 04-08 - sea duty

Goose Creek, SC 08-11 - current - shore duty

I was a Navy brat growing up and we were stationed in:

Bremerton, WA

Chula Vista, CA

Charleston, SC

Idaho Falls, ID

Charleston, SC

Norfolk, VA

Then I married into the Air Force and we have been stationed in:

Langley AFB - Hampton, VA

Tinker AFB - Midwest City, OK

Hi, We were always in California(my husband refuses to move out of California). I'm from Brazil and he is from Arizona and we net in San Diego where he was stationed in the Navy and I was there to learn Inglish. When we got married we were in San Diego for one year then we moved to Port Hueneme(Between Los Angeles and Santa Barbara) and we hated the 3 1/2 years we were there. In 2003 we moved back to San Diego ( he joint the US Coast Guard) and we were there for almost 4 years but last year in August we had to move to the Bay Are (San Francisco area). It's nice but nothing is better then SAN DIEGO. I bet if you get to stay there you will never want to move.

Hi all, glad to find this area.

We've been in the Army almost 21 years now:

88-91 Heilbronn, Germany

91-95 Fort Richardson, Anchorage, AK

95-98 Fort Carson, Colorado Springs, CO (DH did a year in Korea 97-98)

98-02 Fort Lewis, Tacoma, WA

02-06 Heidelberg, Germany

06-07 Lubbock, TX (DS and I came home early due to my dad's cancer/death)

07-present Fort Carson, Colorado Springs, CO

To the person who asked about Ft Lewis, this is just my experience and yours would probably be different.....It is beautiful there and loads of fresh seafood but you couldn't pay me to go back. I had seasonal hayfever until I lived there. I now have year round allergies and moderate persistant asthma and can no longer eat fresh apples, peaches, pears, cherries, etc and almonds or hazelnuts....I can have them cooked or processed but not raw....it's related to the allergy to birch pollen. Anyway, if you don't have allergies or if you do, just be aware....there is a reason that WA is called the evergreen state. Something always growing, even the mold. Oh, and one of the biggest reasons I can't lose weight is that the daily medications for the asthma and allergies contain corti-steroids. The drs tell me that it's such a mild dose that it couldn't possibly affect my weight but I find it funny that since 2000 (when I was diagnosed and started taking these meds) I can't lose weight and now have more medical problems because of the weight.

Thanks for the heads up Doxie, we are going to go to Ft. Lewis after this tour of iraq. I hear its a really nice post and family friendly. Ill do research now about the pollen. have a grrreeeatt day!!

Hey everyone!

My husband is in the Navy, and we have been stationed in...

Ingleside, TX - 1994-1999

Colts Neck, NJ - 1999-2002

Guam - 2002-2004

Inglesdie, TX -2004-2006

Corpus Christi, TX 2006-2008

And moving next summer to who knows where.... Probably San Diego, CA.

I think I am going to take my daughters and move back home to Kansas while he goes to the next duty station. My girls only have a few years left till they go off to college and have never lived near any relatives. I want to give them a sense of the extended family life (DH and I are both from a small farm town in KS and all of our family is there)... not seeing grandma and grandpa once a year for a week for the past 15 years of their lives... I know it is going to be hard on our marriage, but I feel that they need this before they are gone.

FL,VA,FL,VA and now back to Jacksonville FL LOL can you tell we like FL and VA. We are both from Tampa FL and just like Va. We just got back to FL this year and have 3 more years here, we hope to stay here for sea duty ,that would be nice.

Gabby