Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Some questions about "the girls"

Yes, I mean those girls...the boobies. After losing 100+ lbs, they seem to be getting droopier and droppier. I've gone from DD's to D's that just kind hang around. I was talking yesterday to a girl that does massage therapy and she said never go without a bra, even when you sleep wear a sports bra or one of those camis with a built in bra..just something with support. Ok..so now that most of the damage is done, and the only thing that I think would help me is a lift or something, do you think it would help to wear a sports bra to sleep in or anything...or is it too little too late?

Okay, so I'm 40 and have nursed 2 kids and have another 65 pounds to lose, so the girls are really swingin'. I wear a soft sports bra at night or a cami with the built in. This keeps me from floppin around all over the bed when I turn over and keeps them from sliding under my armpits so poor hubby doesn't have to go digging around for 'em when, well, ya know.

So for me, it isn't really preventative. I figure my only hope is a lift but with extra weight loss, I may also need implants to get those girls back up and I really don't want to do that (implants). I'm not willing to risk the loss of sensation in that/those areas for perky girls. Not when I can just wear a bra. It's the Tummy Tuck I want!!

I think if you are floppy at all you should at least wear a cami to keep them contained. It surely can't hurt.

You know I have always had large breast and when ever I have lost weight these babies don't disappear they are hear to stay, and after being pregnant so many times, these girls have had it rough and yes they do hang. Yesterday, my best friend told me that my boobs look a little smaller, they aren't, I still wear the same size, it is just my back is thinner so I've had to tighten the back a little more which gives the impression that they are smaller. Well, anyways I was thinking of getting a lift, but my breasts look really pretty decent in a good push-up bra, nice cleavage and nice shape, so I figured why risk something going bad there when a bra is the only thing I need. Maybe in another 10 years I will change my mind and get a lift, but for now I am keeping my saggy girls. I have actually been accused of having had breast implants when I actually show my cleavage and can't convince certain people that I haven't---so hey, if they think these babies look to good to be real, who am I too convince them otherwise.

My boobies sagged about 2 years ago.... I am 34 yrs old.

I have had size DD for a long time, hard.. with clevage in the right bras..

Since I was 12... and I wasnt obese until age 17..

Now, no matter what kind of bra, I cant get good clevage.. they cant even float in Water and look perky anymore.

Its very sad.. They Smooosh to half their size, they are wrinkly too.. (loose skin)

This is not cuz I lost weight..

Sooooooooooo

I cant even imagine whats gonna happen to them when I do loose 100 pounds..

and I have 200 pounds to loose!

Sigh... the pooooor girls. I was a 44 DD when I started this process. I had NO idea that the girls would dissapear. They never did on any of my previous weight loss episodes (highest loss was 95lbs). But, they've gone south... for more than just the winter. They ain't comin' back.

Here's my advice.... go to a place where you can get a professional bra fitting. It is a really fun experience. I loved mine. There was this little, short Italian lady who was the most non-threatening, sweet human being I have ever met. I told her why I needed the bra fitting (due to the weight loss), and she got all excited with me as we found just the right thing. I can't tell you what a difference it made for me to put on the RIGHT bra for my shape (or lack thereof). I never thought I would wear a padded underwire... but here I am!

I will have a breast augmentation this fall. My precious hubby has only ever said ONE negative thing about my weight loss... poor thing... he said, "you look great, but I do miss the girls." Bless his little pea-pickin' heart! If I can do all this other stuff for me, I can get the girls put back in place for him!

I've got a big old ribcage (thanks, Dad) but no girls to back it up (thanks, Mom), so I'm thinking about visiting a lingerie shop for drag queens. It's nearly impossible to find small-cup bras in big chest sizes. I've started wearing a padded push-up underwire, so it's up, up, and away, even though the B-cup is too big! Mind you, at 48 I need all the help and hydraulics I can get.

Zoe, I'm right with you. I'm wearing a 42C but have to smoosh the girls & scoop up extra back-fat to fill in the cups. I need a 41B. I'll be your first and best customer!

[mini-hijack] I want to design a bra that lets customers mix and match the back elastic section and the cups. So you could buy, say, a 42 bra band and just velcro in the cups of your choice! 54AAA? No problem. 32DDD? Easy.

Cambron, to get back to your original question, how about asking your ob/gyn for suggestions? It would be good if you could find out if wearing a bra at night would actually help you. If it's not going to make a difference, it seems like a lot of trouble.

OOPS, sorry but I totally forgot to address the original issue because I'm in a self-serving mode today... forgive me?

My best friend of 25 years had the biggest boobs in school - I'm talking freak-of-nature big. She got loads of attention and dates and refused a reduction till last year. She had day bras and sleeping bras. Wearing the sleeping bras never did anything to help or improve her boobs, it just kept the girls in place so she didn't smother her husband at night.

I think the only thing that could help is serious weight-lifting (a trainer could give you exercises that would tone up and maybe minimize your breasts some.) Either that or surgical intervention. I'd love to join you on the surgery table if you want to pass some to me.

I can hardly wait for my own reduction! Of course, at this point, I don't think it is possible to lose enough weight so my girls actually fit into the freakishly large end of normal. I just hope that my nip to notch measurement will let me have a good reduction. (search the plastic surgery forum)

up intil 2 years ago I had always wanted a reduction..

NOW, I just need them sucked out and refilled!

All a bra will do is keep you from rolling over them in your sleep. (I LOVE massage therapists...mine wanted me to use an old Edgar Cayce cure of flannel pads of...I dunno...cod liver oil (?) wrapped around my hanging pannus to make it go away. Yeah, right.)

I'm happy with my breast reduction and my Tummy Tuck and, if I lose 100 pounds, I'll do it again.