Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old Goat ? Hoping to find other Old Goats to take this L.B. Journey with Me.

Hi Fresca - Been doing some research on the F55 do have a few questions.

Right now my workouts consist of 20 to 25 min walking a day, 30 Min with the weights 3 times a week, and swimming 30 Min 5 times a week.

3 Meals a day no Snacks and 30 to 40 Total Carbs.

Not sure I can push the walking much right now to much weight for the joints.

Looks like the F55 is Water proof if you don't push buttons?

The unit you have uses the chest band?

Do you down load the data to your computer? and track your weekly totals?

Think I will give the elliptical a try at the fitness center, might be able to burn more calories with less stress on the joints.

The F55 probably well be a item for the must have list. The Preliminary Steps start next week with the Dietitian.

Hi Guys - been awhile since I posted. My Journey to join the club has been a slow one.

When I last reported I could just Grumble, shuffle feet, grumble, and wait.

Progress has been made to that I have now added Twiddle my thumbs.

Still exercising now walking 1.8mi/day, doing wgt’s one hour 3 days/wk. Started the Elliptical a couple of weeks ago now that thing is a killer for me 3 min twice a day is my max. But one day I will own that sucker and I don’t mean buy it.

Have lost 10 lbs - What is it about us Guys when we loose weight our Butt is the 1st to go and our Gut is the last can’t keep my damn pants up.

Been to the Dietitian received my training and got my Book with all the requirements.

Been to the Psychologist have received his approval, with more meetings scheduled he is overhauling my head I like this guy. Got a story that will either make you laugh at or with me. On my 1st visit when he was finished talking. He told me that I would need to fill out a questionnaire (think this might be a Medicare requirement) but for this story don’t care why. He turned me over to an assistant. She took me to a small room with a sign on the door test room 2 it was a very nice little room about 8’ x 8’, carpeted, large leather chair and a desk with a small (3’’ cube box) on the desk the box also had a button.

Now she spent time explaining the test, asked do you have any questions? When I said no she reached down pushed that button on the box and left closing the door.

Now I need to give you a little more information by the time she left the room it was 11am I had two cups of coffee with Breakfast and one in the office before my appointment, I took all my Medication that morning one of which is Furosemide (water pill) now when she pushed that button on that little box it exploded with a sound that would equal Niagara Falls complete with a roaring white Water river rushing over boulders. Now after 30 minutes trying to finish that test as fast as I could squirming all the time to the point a hole must of been worn in my pants along with the Water level raising in my eyeballs to the ¾ full level I just said to hell with the tests and went to “P”

After starting my Journey on June 24th I get to see my Surgeon this Wednesday October 15th for the 1st time might get Surgery Date. Wish me luck.:thumbup:

OG- that was a funny story!! When I have that problem it's usually on the road thinking "I can make it to the next Rest Area". I know why some truckers make "Trucker's Lemonade". How they get it in those plastic bottles is beyond me, I'd have a huge mess on my hands (literally!!).

Good luck getting your date.

Bruce

Dont give up, it took me forever to finally get my date and got Strep throat and had to postpone again but finally did get cut! Believe me it is worth the wait, hang in there!

Hi Guys – Just wanted to give you an update.

Got my new running shoes has helped me to move up to 2.1 Miles per day not to bad for a Fat Old Goat soon to be a younger Goat. My Psychologist wants me using a Pedometer bought an Omron HJ-112, It tracks Steps, (Aerobics steps – with time), Calories Burned, and distance. Very happy with its performance.

Still on low carb diet down 13 lbs now.

In the Doctors office last week I had the lowest blood pressure reading I’ve had in years this walking sure is a good thing.

I started a Journal a few weeks back keeping track of food and exercise effort just beginning to see the value of keeping it.

Trying to get stuff ready for the day.

Got my chewable Vitamins.

Any great Protein supplements to get or avoid?

With all this gas pain you Guys keeping talking about should I be thinking about pain Medicine?

It is very encouraging to see you guys losing all this weight. I hope to have a surgery date soon. I am very much hoping to lose the cpap machine!

xtightend, where on LI you from? I grew up there and we are very close to the same age, I just turned 54 on the 22nd.

Any great Protein supplements to get or avoid?

With all this gas pain you Guys keeping talking about should I be thinking about pain Medicine?

I used the EAS Protein powder. I bought it in the bag and blended it with Water and frozen berries. Made it very tolerable....

As for the gas pain, I walked most of mine off. The thing I noticed was they weren't as nasty smelling as before. 'coarse I wasn't drinking beer and eating brats smoothered in onions and sour kraut either. I did had a degree of gas for several weeks. Doc said I was swallowing too much air.

Thanks Jack for sharing this with me. If this Band I am about to receive, only gives me half will make me happy. I was put on the Cpap think it was 1998 know it was before 2000. Take two pills for Diabetes, one for high Cholesterol, one for acid reflux, and 10 for High Blood pressure. Like you said get off all these pills go buy a new truck.

When you started coming off some of the Medications were you working with your Surgeon or your personal MD?

Hey OG I got my surgery date. November 25th. You go first!

Congratulation on getting a date gets exciting to be on the short list. We are less than a week apart keep in touch I'll do the same.

Thanks xtightend by this time tomorrow night will probable be holding my belly and saying what the Hell have I done. Ha! Ha! O SH_T.

I have done what I can to get ready and now just ready for it to be finished.

Old buddy you must be on a prepo Diet yourself or very close to one with only 6 days left yourself? Will try to bring you up to date as how things went before your turn. Good Luck yourself should I not get back be for you go.