Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Old Goat ? Hoping to find other Old Goats to take this L.B. Journey with Me.

Yes OG I started the pre-op diet yesterday. Of course it ended up being an insane 14 hour work day. By the time I got home I was so hungry I was lookin at the dog funny. We get banded so we dont feel this hungry. Next Tues can't come soon enough for me.

I hope by now it's over and it has all gone well for you.

I am now officially a member of the Band of Brothers. Happy to report that the Surgery could not have went much better for me. Was up and walking in my room 4 hours after. I chose to spend the night in the hospital that was a good thing as I had a little bleeding from my port sight, went through 4 Hospital gowns be for we got that under control. My Doctor repaired a small Belly Button Hernia while inside of me. Think I got my 2.1 Mi walk in that night as I had some phlegm in my throat could not sleep or stay in bed so me the Tree with the IV Bag, Pain Drip Med headed out to the Halls.

I am now at home with no shoulder pain no gas pain starting to get some Belly Bruising a little pain getting in and out of bed but for the most of it filling great, been to the Mall walking today only walked for 30 Minutes around a Mi. Staying on the liquids letting my new pouch heal.

Sounds like a nice easy recovery for you, I am happy for you and welcome to the adventure. Life has just changed for you for the better!

It is very good to hear that things went well. Especially since I go in 3 days! The pre-op diet sure makes you hungry. In preparation I bought a whole lot of Gas X strips. Yesterday I gave one to the dog ..ugh he needed it.

Xtightend wish you the best of luck today. I am 6 days post and looking back on the 3 days right after surgery just did not realize how tired I really was at the time. Day one in the hospital as I did not leave till 3:45 my walking was in the halls, and putting up with all those great nurses messing with me. They also told me at the Hospital it would be best to keep ahead of pain so for the 1st 2 days I did take the prescribed liquid pain medication. Day two went to the mall and walked for 30 minuets and took a couple of naps, 48oz of Water, 8oz of dc coffee and a couple 23gm of Protein drinks man those things are just crap. Day 3 was my worst day I did Mall walk for an hour got my Water, coffee, crapping Protein in but at about two PM these last three days caught up with me. I was just exhausted from lack of sleep, cold, shacking, sweating, that lack of food awful feeling. O well day 4 was great and now on the road again. Dropping weight like a rock see the Doctor Wednesday will find out how much

Hi Dave: You are 11 days before me how are things going with you? Any advice or questions you would have for us.

Well, I'm just trying to figure things out. I recently switched from liquids to mushie's and have found I can eat about as much as I could before being banded. Then I learned it will take about 3-4 fills before I feel restricted. So until then I have followed the advice of some of the old timers around here and started exercising and try keep my calories at about 1200. I've lost about 20 lbs. and don't want to give 1 ounce of that back, so I'm trying to be real careful. Sounds like things are starting to return normal for you post surgery?:)

Oh, one more thing I found that I thought was really cool and you guys might be interested in..... I found a scale on e-bay that measures your weight and body fat. It was only $30 and that includes S/H. I haven't received it yet so I can't say if it is as cool as it looks, but if your interested you can go to ebay and search for "396 Pound BATHROOM BODY FAT SCALE" and you'll find it.

Well...I am all banded. Things went well. They kept me in intensive care overnight due to my heart condition. I could not walk because I was hooked to O2 sensor, heart monitor, IV, Cpap machine, leg inflatable things. so I just got out of bed and walked back and forth the 2 ft I enough cable to do. Today I just went for a walk on the beach. I have lots of gas rumbling around and some pain. I have eaten a little broth and some Jello. I havent been hungry at all.

The only bad part was when they made me drink barium for the xray. I drank the whole can to the bottom but then found it was all goop at the bottom. They forgot to shake it up! I had to drink a second can! That was uncomfortable.

I will stay home today and watch the Detroit Lions lose on TV and I will stay away from work until next Tues.

Keep up the good work O.G. and everybody.

xtightend - Man good to see you home well, banded, just one of the guys. What a guy straight from intensive care to walking on the Beach. Keep up the good work bet you keep dropping weight cant believe how I am loosing.