Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is all the CT Lapbanders??

Iam thinking about going to New York for the metting. A lot will depend on funds etc. Glad to hear you are doing well Sil. I am looking at going to the meeting next month as well.

Chris

Sil, congrats! So glad you are doing well. I had my surgery 4 mo. ago at St Raphaels hosp. (Dr. Yood) In New Haven. I, too, couldn't believe that I had no hunger the first week. Be careful, for that will return as soon as you start eating purees and then mushies. You s.l.o.w.l.y start to bring your food content up gradually. and soon you'll be eating more than you want. Thus the need for fills. My advice to you would be to try to never eat more than 1 c. of food at a time and eat very slowly. It's great to hear when someone gets thru the surgery and is doing well! God bless. Patty

Looks like the weather will be much better on Wednesday the 4th in New Haven. Hope to see everyone at the meeting. Enjoyed last month meeting.

Chris

I just had my second fill 6 days ago. I can't eat much at all (4 spoonfuls) and I'm real full. If I wait an hour, I can put in maybe 3 or 4 more mouthfuls, but who wants to be eating all day long just to finish one plate? So I push it away and forget it. I'm not hungry anyway. It's hard to give up eating just to eat. I have to remember that eating is to sustain life.

I was banded at Midstate on May 22, 2008. So far, I've lost 90 pounds and I'm hoping to reach 100 pounds by my anniversary date. My weight loss has really slowed down and, even though I've joined a gym & started working out 3 times a week, I'm only losing about 1/2 pound a week. I'm afraid the last 30 pounds will not come off. My band is nearly completely filled. Any suggestions?

You're kidding, right? Slow? Not at all!! I was banded on May 1, 2008 and haven't even reached 50lbs yet!! That's slow!! I have significantly cut back on my quantity, improved quality of food. I am doing everything RIGHT, but my body is just not responding!! I go to the gym 5 days per week and sweat my butt off!!!

90lbs is amazing!! Don't forget that it will go slower the closer that you get to your goal weight.

Keep up the amazing work and focus on the positive!! Non-scale victories will be important during this last segment of your weight loss....

I will be seeing a nutritionist this week and am going to ask my gyn. to run a "hormone panel"...

I was banded at Midstate on May 22, 2008. So far, I've lost 90 pounds and I'm hoping to reach 100 pounds by my anniversary date. My weight loss has really slowed down and, even though I've joined a gym & started working out 3 times a week, I'm only losing about 1/2 pound a week. I'm afraid the last 30 pounds will not come off. My band is nearly completely filled. Any suggestions?

:hurray: I wish i could be doing this well. I had my surgery at Midstate in November and I'm only down 26lbs. I work out 5-6 days a week and weight train!! What is your success?? and how many oz do you eat at every meal. I see Dr. Benbrahim at Midstate.

Mornin' CT Banders!

Sil - good to see you here! I'm so glad your surgery went well and that your recovery is going well also. Would love to see you at an upcoming support group meeting...

Got my second fill last week, had an 'average' weekend, but pb'ed this morning on a slice of fresh pear! Yuk! Gotta chew, chew, chew!

I'm trying to move to more fresh fruit and less canned - though canned fruit goes down easy, it doesn't keep me full for long, and that's not good when you're fighting roaring head hunger.

Today I'm doing okay after the pear pb - had some hot Cereal and a few cherry tomatoes and they stayed down so far. Hoping to continue THAT trend...

Looking forward to the next New Haven support group meeting on Wednesday, March 4th at 6 pm. If you're in the area, please come on by - we could use more people in the group. We're friendly - a couple of newbies like myself, a couple of veterans (like Chris on this board - Hi Chris!) and 'Patient Zero' - Lisa, who was the first person they banded at Yale-New Haven.

See ya there!

Heather, I'm with you. It looks like we are at the same level, same starting weight and same goal weight. I just keep telling myself to "keep at it!!" I am making lifestyle changes and this is the LAST time that I plan to lose the weight!!!

All the best to you!!!

Hi Everyone..

I thought I was just pop and and say Hello. I am doing really well lately and being super tight has really helped. I went to the gym for the first time in like 2 months last night. I feel really motivated to get this last 20-30 pounds off.

When is the NY meeting???

Thanks for the support, guys. I've never made a weight loss goal before & I'm just afraid I won't make this one either.

Heather, I eat about 1200 calories a day. Since my last fill, I can't eat chicken or bread, so I eat a lot of steamed veggies, salad and Soups. I also make turkey chili with Beans. I figure I'm getting enough Protein, and the carbs are in the rice or noodles I put in my Soup. I have 2 fruits & 2 dairys a day, too.

Do you go to the support groups at Midstate? Last month got snowed out, but the next closed meeting is on March 3rd.

Thanks for the support, guys. I've never made a weight loss goal before & I'm just afraid I won't make this one either.

Heather, I eat about 1200 calories a day. Since my last fill, I can't eat chicken or bread, so I eat a lot of steamed veggies, salad and Soups. I also make turkey chili with Beans. I figure I'm getting enough Protein, and the carbs are in the rice or noodles I put in my Soup. I have 2 fruits & 2 dairys a day, too.

Do you go to the support groups at Midstate? Last month got snowed out, but the next closed meeting is on March 3rd.

I'm soooo going on the third I need the support. Plus I have been so confused with calories and workouts I get some many stories. I got a fill today and I PRAY for more restriction. I take in about 800 calories and burn about 500 and I'm just getting frustrated on not seeing that darn scale to move!!! I only lost 1 lb this month :w00t: Soooo I hope this fill will give me a little bump.

Heather, I'm with you. It looks like we are at the same level, same starting weight and same goal weight. I just keep telling myself to "keep at it!!" I am making lifestyle changes and this is the LAST time that I plan to lose the weight!!!

All the best to you!!!

Went for a fill today and the dr. asked me "how long have you been obese??" How long have you been banded??? GIve it time and don't be so hard yourself ... this was my third fill so I'm praying for restriction!!!:w00t:

Went for a fill today and the dr. asked me "how long have you been obese??" How long have you been banded??? GIve it time and don't be so hard yourself ... this was my third fill so I'm praying for restriction!!!:w00t:

Those were Dr Ben's exact words to me today! LOL!

Heather, it's possible that you are taking in too few calories because you are burning off what you are taking in your body is starting to store the remaing calories/fat of what you are eating. I found that when I eat really well and work out like crazy, nothing. Then for 2 days I dont eat so well and then bam, down 1-2 lbs it seems, all because the calorie intake was higher. Try eating a few more calories and see what happens. I bet your body is starting to store the "fat" you are taking in becuase it's not much at all.

Oh, and you are doing weight training as well so using those muscles burns tons of calories and using those muscles we need high protein/calories to repair the muscles from those type of workouts and again, if you are not taking in enough your body is basically starving itself for them and storing everything.

Mornin' CT Banders!

Heather - something jumped out at me from your last message - you are only eating 800 calories and burning off 500 with exercise?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Isn't that putting your body into 'starvation mode' and it will try to hang on to as much weight as it can? I think I saw on a recent episode of Biggest Loser that one of the contestants was not eating enough in trying to maximize their weight loss, and because of the extreme physical activity, they were basically in starvation mode.

Now, I'm not a doctor or a certified trainer, but I'm definately concerned about you...check with your doctor, please - I'd hate for you to do yourself harm while trying to get healthier!