Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i gave in and weighed myself LOL..

okay well, i was adament about not weighing myself until the 4 week checkup on the 29th. Well today i gave in and just did it. i lost 14.5 lbs in the last 3 weeks, im so excited!!! But look out cause now the OCD is gonna kick in and im gonna obsess LOL..Im going to do my weigh in every Sunday(i hope:scared2:) Gooooo Lap Band!!

Hahaha!! Isn´t it such a great feeling and this is only the begining. The real weight loss starts after our firsts fills.

Keep it up!!

I was giddy when I weighed myself for the first time and saw results that hadn't been there in years!!! Keep up the good work!!

QUOTE: "Hahaha!! Isn´t it such a great feeling and this is only the begining. The real weight loss starts after our firsts fills. Keep it up!!"

Mrs JJ - tell me more.. did the weight start to drop off quicker again after you have a fill??? If so I cant wait for my first one! It'll be a while though cuz I'm only a week post op!! lol

:thumbup:

I haven´t had a fill yet, my fill is scheduled for the last week in July. From what I have read the time from being banded to first fill is our healing time and we shouldn´t be that concerned about losing the weight. We need to concentrate on mending our bodies. So from first fill is when the real deal starts happening. Well that´s how I´m thinking.

In the mean time, I´m eating healthy foods, trying to listen to my body and not over eat. Drinking lots of Water and getting out and about to walk.

:thumbup: thats awesome! keep up the hard work! i weigh myself once a week. I've found if i I put the scale up high and have to get a step stool or ask someone to get it for me I don't obsess about it. You just have to remember that our weight fluctuates from day to day, so if you hop on and it's higher don't get discouraged!

okay well, i was adament about not weighing myself until the 4 week checkup on the 29th. Well today i gave in and just did it. i lost 14.5 lbs in the last 3 weeks, im so excited!!! But look out cause now the OCD is gonna kick in and im gonna obsess LOL..Im going to do my weigh in every Sunday(i hope:scared2:) Gooooo Lap Band!!
Yeah,thats great.I still remember how I felt I lost 18 pounds in 13 days after I got my band.

I need to hide my scale...because I am OCD about it and am getting discouraged!! I am going to try and weigh only once a week...it will probably make me feel a whole lot better!!!!!! Congrats on your loss....

dont get discouraged maryland mom, You are doing great...lets make a weigh in pack. Sundays we will do it, not before and no matter what we willl not be discouraged. We can do this!

Too funny! I made the same proclomation when I was banded on 07/01/08. I ended up breaking down and weighing myself at the gym last week and had lost 10 pounds. I was thrilled of course, but a little disappointed that I couldn't show more restraint either. I have read too many stories of people who get so caught up in the numbers during the first month. I just didn't want to fall into that trap. So now, I am not weighing again till 07/30 which will be my 1 month follow up.

Congrats on your weight loss! :thumbup:

I am weighing myself every day and I know I shouldn't, but I don't get too discouraged on days when I don't lose. I have lost weight several times (but not kept it off). I know it comes off in chunks and then sometimes it just sticks, but inches are going too. I have lost almost 20 lbs since I went on the pre-op diet. I am only having 700-1000 calories a day on full liquid, so I don't know how I wouldn't lose. I am still somewhat swollen from the surgery, wonder how long it takes for the gas to leave?

Once again you guys have helped me talk myself out of buying a scale for the house. I have only weighed myself at the gym and doctors for years. I am so scared taht if I buy one I will be on it almost as much as I am on this web site now. Congrats on al the weight you guys have lost and hopefully I will soon be able to see my ticker start moving that direction.

dont get discouraged maryland mom, You are doing great...lets make a weigh in pack. Sundays we will do it, not before and no matter what we willl not be discouraged. We can do this!

It's a deal!!

Remember to also do measurements. When you have the platues it's nice to see things coming off in other directions. Just this past couple of weeks I haven't lost much weight but I lost another 2 inches off my butt! then of course I OCD'ed on my graghs....lol.

I am so crazy, I weigh myself everyday and I have lost 13 pounds since being banded on the 27th of June but I have not lost any weight this past week at all. I am eating until I am full and trying to eat the Protein first etc. I am also not eating anything bad for me and I am getting upset. I know I should not weigh everyday but I just can't seem to help myself. Good Luck to you and maybe I can stay off of the scale.< /p>