Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

wedding pics

I was looking at my wedding pictures the other day. I was not as heavy as I was before my surgery. But I look at myself now and wonder if I would have done things differently if I would have been a size 8 at the time I got married...

Do you ever feel you wish you would have had the surgery done sooner? What held you back? It was fear for me... I am glad I am done and am at my goal. I am just doing a little reflecting.

I am being banded on the 25th and I told my husband that I want us to have another wedding when I lose weight so I can get rid of the other photos. he said NO WAY. (our wedding was a bit stressful haha) then I said ok well then we just have to go for a photo shoot in wedding attire. I know what you mean.. I joke.. but I am actually glad I got married the way I was and not banded yet.. cause then I think part of me would wonder if I couldnt land my amazing husband unless I was skinny. now I know he loves me for who I am skinny or fat. :)

yes...I hate looking at my wedding photo..I looked and felt awful!!!

I feel like I've been re-gifted my 20s...I just turned 32 last week and my 30s already kick my twenties butt!!!

Rain

Oh yeah...hubby and I just had our 10 anniversary and I was looking at our wedding album. My butt was huge! I wish I could re-do my wedding as now I'd have so many more choices in gowns and would feel so much more beautiful. I asked my hubby if we could get married again...naturally he laughed and said he couldn't afford another wedding! Darn it!

I only got my band on June 16th but what held me back until now at 36 years old was my self denial I was "that big" LOL.

I use to say to my therapist " I am a dyslexic anorexic" (no offense meant to anyone with that dilbilitating eating disorder) as in I was bigger than I ever thought I was, I really would look in the mirror and think I was smaller!

I say make a true celebration of hitting your goal weight once you reach it by renewing your vows and taking tons of new pics!

I don't display any of my wedding photos because I am not happy with the way I looked either. My newlywed friends have beautiful, romantic pics, and had one blown up in black in white for their new home. I am soo jealous. I want to have pictures like that! So, since being banded in late May I have announced to my hubby that we are doing a destination wedding once I hit goal so we can renew our vows... and pic's too! We also never had a chance to go on a real honeymoon so I figure we will make it one big celebration and get married again on the beach. I cant wait to go dress shoping for something sleek and sexy this time around rather than picking from the three large size dresses the local Davids Bridals offer.

I really don't like my wedding photos. Everything was beautiful of course, but I was not happy with my weight at the time.

I have recently been thinking about just having some professional pictures done with my husband. I think that would make us both very happy.

Well I was very tiny when I got married so I have no problem looking at my wedding pictures, except for the fact that after 30 years, we got divorced! LOL. But, two years ago my only daughter got married and I walked her down the aisle. I have a huge regret about not having surgery before then.... on her day, I was ashamed of how I looked. Buying my one and only "mother of the bride" dress wasn't fun, it was a nightmare. At the reception when it was my turn to speak, my wonderful son-in-law introduced me as "My absolutely fabulous, funny, witty (blah blah blah) new mother-in-law --- and guys, she's single!" and I thought.... yeah they're looking at me and thinking "well no wonder she's single".

Why did I wait so long? I truly never even considered weight loss surgery. I've never known how to ask for help with anything and I thought this was something I had to do by myself. Also, as ridiculous as it sounds, I didn't think I was big enough for weight loss surgery. The only reason I ended up having surgery was because I needed hip surgery and this past March, the surgeon told me he didn't want to operate on me until I lost weight, and he recommended weight loss surgery. That was the day I hit bottom. I was never so humiliated in my life. But now I realize that day changed my life.

I can relate to what most people have put on here.

I don't have any pics of my wedding, can't bear to look at them or at my wedding video. I know I have the "reverse anorexia" syndrome & that I see a totally different "me" when I look in the mirror - it was a really unflattering pic that friends took on holiday last year that pushed me that last little bit into getting the band, I was mortified as to how I looked!!

But getting back onto the subject of weddings, I had the fairytale Caribbean wedding - white sand, blue sea & the "beached whale" in the wedding dress! We even took the family with us! I cringe at the thought of what a mess I looked!

But I've decided (& hubby doesn't know about this!) that I'm going to Vegas next year (its the BIG "4 0" for me & cos I live in the UK, its a big deal to go there!) & whilst we're there, I want to renew our vows in the Little White Wedding Chapel!

Hopefully, I will be able to look at these photos with pride! I won't be at my goal by then, it'll be just before my first "bandiversary", but I'm hoping to fit into a "normal" size dress (albeit maybe a 16 or 18!)

As I haven't told anyone about the band (other than people on here, my husband & my boss) its not something I can share with anyone, so its good to put it on here!! I have already been looking at wedding dresses online! It makes me so excited to think about it. I'm sure hubby won't be that thrilled, this is more for me than him but I don't care!!

Sorry to have babbled on a bit!! :thumbdown:

Tangent, sorry....

Rockchick - apropos of nothing, I had to point out that while I read your post, I was listening to the Bon Jovi version of It's My Life.... and then I saw your signature. :thumbdown:

OK, tangent over.

Spooky!!

I see it mentions Vegas in your signature! Does that mean that you're a person in the know! Would you be able to give me help/advice for my trip next year, a bit nearer the time! Any help would be greatly appreciated! :thumbdown:

I remember looking at my wedding photos right after we were married and wishing that my bouquet had been bigger so I would have been camouflaged by it .

Even sadder as the weight piled on I remember looking at the same photo and thinking how thin I looked.

Edited by ivyrose325

My motto since being banded is: "Don't look back!"

After banding, I started thinking about how my life would be different if I had "done something" about my weight sooner. It did nothing but bring me down at a time when I should be positive and HAPPY! Now when those kind of thought try to gain ground, I just chant my motto.

Forget the second wedding and have him take you on a cruise! You dress up for dinner and they take your picture in a formal setting. It's more fun than a wedding and cheaper in the long run. Might as well get right to the second honeymoon!!! LOL

Oh my Gosh! I just got married in Vegas on January 14th!~ If you haven't finalized anything at the little white chapel, let me recommend the Little chapel of flowers. www.littlechapel.com. They are located right down the street from the little white chapel. They were the best! I am 50 years old and they made me feel like a princess. We accidently pulled into the little white chapel by mistake when we got there and it was not as nice as the chapel of flowers. (It had faded plastic floral arrangements and wasn't the cleanest, I was glad we were in the wrong place, the people there did seem nice though) My vegas wedding experience was the greatest, fresh flowers, beautiful settings and the most wonderful pictures. I don't even mind how fat I look in them. LOL They gave us all the time we needed to make our day very special. No rush in and rush out. I honestly can't wait to go back there for our vow renewal!! How long DO I have to wait?!

If you go on the above web site- go to the referrals for Jan.08 scan down-Our picture is there- Mike and Nancy from MN. Good luck, I am so jealous!!!