Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who do I turn to for help?? No one will listen to me....

I have had problems with my lap band for over a year now....but lately it has gotten much worse. I will skip the long story and get to the way I am right now....I cannot eat. I cannot drink. I puke ALL the time, even though I have not been ingesting anything.

I was up all night last night with severe heartburn and vomiting this dark brown/black stuff. Yesterday I called a couple of places (was banded in Mexico, years ago) that are centers for bariatric care...one said they would call me back and the other said to go straight to the ER. During my 7 hour stay at the ER, I got bored and called the place again that was supposed to call me back but never bothered...they promptly made me an appointment to be seen next Tuesday. But WHY???? Don't they see that I am hurting here?

As for the ER doctor....well I don't feel like he understands my situation...he wasn't even LISTENING to me. He gave me a care sheet on how to help control nausea and vomiting, and an RX for some nausea pills to be taken 4 times/day. BUT I CAN'T SWALLOW PILLS!!!! I kept telling him that and he offered to give me something liquid....but I can't keep ANYTHING down! I kept telling him that I think something is wrong with my lap band and the nurse offered me a suppository since I cannot keep anything down but that wouldn't fix my lap band!

And I am not nauseated! I just feel like I swallowed a rock and I have SEVERE heartburn and I cannot eat or drink. Can someone help me figure out what I can do to get a doctor to listen to me?? I am feeling HOPELESS and OVERWHELMED...I can't stop crying and I am in pain and I don't know what to do....

I am so sorry that this has happened. If it were me, I would go to the bariatric center and say that you have called and need to be seen immediately.

Did you try to get ahold of the doctor that did the band in MX?

I have had problems with my lap band for over a year now....but lately it has gotten much worse. I will skip the long story and get to the way I am right now....I cannot eat. I cannot drink. I puke ALL the time, even though I have not been ingesting anything.

I was up all night last night with severe heartburn and vomiting this dark brown/black stuff. Yesterday I called a couple of places (was banded in Mexico, years ago) that are centers for bariatric care...one said they would call me back and the other said to go straight to the ER. During my 7 hour stay at the ER, I got bored and called the place again that was supposed to call me back but never bothered...they promptly made me an appointment to be seen next Tuesday. But WHY???? Don't they see that I am hurting here?

As for the ER doctor....well I don't feel like he understands my situation...he wasn't even LISTENING to me. He gave me a care sheet on how to help control nausea and vomiting, and an RX for some nausea pills to be taken 4 times/day. BUT I CAN'T SWALLOW PILLS!!!! I kept telling him that and he offered to give me something liquid....but I can't keep ANYTHING down! I kept telling him that I think something is wrong with my lap band and the nurse offered me a suppository since I cannot keep anything down but that wouldn't fix my lap band!

And I am not nauseated! I just feel like I swallowed a rock and I have SEVERE heartburn and I cannot eat or drink. Can someone help me figure out what I can do to get a doctor to listen to me?? I am feeling HOPELESS and OVERWHELMED...I can't stop crying and I am in pain and I don't know what to do....

Hi,

This was happening to me. You need to see a surgeon nearby that has done lap band surgeries. Not a general doctor. I had to have my band re-done/positioned as my stomach had pushed up through the band and my pouch was grossly enlarged. Please do this immediately.

Demand a scope. Sounds like you need to be re-done. Don't leave it. Forget Mexico, it's too far away. Get some help close by. Please send me a private message as I get so confused on this site about how to find these messages again.

I know all about the heartburn story too. It is terrible. I was sick like you , ALL THE TIME! Only when the surgeon scoped me did he see what was going on.

Let me know

Carrin

I agree with Brandymom. Get yourself to a bariatric center as soon as possible. I would be concerned that my band slipped or that my band is filled too much. Whatever the case you really should get this taken care of immediately. Anyway you don't need me preaching to you, sorry. Take care. Let us know what find out.