Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

I am using the Unjury powders, mix the citric flavor Crystal Light with the vanilla shake and it's like a dreamcicle. The other I mix with the 0% fat free milk.

I am in a bit of pain but nothing I can't handle. Just want to put on my cpap and go back to sleep every hour or so.

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

hi everyone. i was banded Aug. 4th. I just got home from being in the hospital all day. i just want to warn you.....sip..sip..sip all day. i got myself dehydrated, i was having dry heaves soooo bad for 3 days, so very sick at my stomach. went to drs office yesterday and he deflated my band gave me a shot for nausea, this morning at 4am...dry heaves again. was in emergency room all day, given 2 bags of iv, and a cat scan. the good news is my band is ok. i will always have my Water, Protein Drink in hand. i'm sure you all know to do this, just wanted to warn you.

Pj

PJ~

So sorry to hear! That must have been horrible. I hope you are feeling better. I started to get dehydrated and really kicked up the sipping.

When they tell you to be sipping liquids all the time they really mean it! That is scary! I am glad you are back home and doing better!

PJ~

So sorry to hear! That must have been horrible. I hope you are feeling better. I started to get dehydrated and really kicked up the sipping.

When they tell you to be sipping liquids all the time they really mean it! That is scary! I am glad you are back home and doing better!

Thanks Kristen, I feel so much better now, still have the spasms between my breast, dr said that goes along with the surgery, they gave me some medicine yesterday to control that. I haven't had any gas pains, lol..just everything else.

Man Pj that sucks!! Hope you are feeling better soon!! I'll make sure I have a sippy cup with me as much a possible after that story!

Are any of you retaining Water, since you've been banded?

i came out from surgery weighing like 8 pounds more than i did going in.. I have dropped all but a couple pounds now. I know i feel bloated and very tired still. I am just trying ato get at least 32 oz to 40 oz of water in a day. Think the tiredness wont go away until on to mushies next week and i get a good nights sleep.< /p>

How awful for you I had the dry heaves the morning following my banding. So I worry about slippage. Right now no hunger at all, doing my Protein Shakes three times a day and then I eat my Jello and broth an hour later. No more dry heaves and just gas and a little pain in my larger port incision. So far so good. Get to see doctor this week to check for slippage. Since I just had the dry heaves once and a little frothing the doctors are not that upset about any slippage. I just hope everything is OK.

I gained weight, mostly from gas, and bloating. I am peeing a lot which is cleaning out my system a lot. Just hope that keeps up, I am taking it one day at a time.

take care

Pati

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

PJ sorry to hear that you had to go back to the hospital. I had some nausea but the dr. gave me a med so it took care of that and I've been able to get in plenty of fluids. Hope that everything is easier for you from here out.

Gosh Shamrock! That bites!! I'm glad your doing better now.

I started dry heaving right before I left the hospital and so they keep me there longer to make sure I keep my Protein down. It scared the heck out of me!

That makes me feel better that I'm not the only one retaining Water (gas), my stomach still feels really bloated! But, I'm not really in any pain, just if I try to get up wrong. I sure am tired though!

Hello everyone! I hope all the August bandsters are doing well! I want to join your party since I was banded on August 5th! I am doing pretty well today after being really sore the past couple of days. I go back to my doctor on the 13th, and if all is well, will probably return to work the 14th. Good luck to everyone on this new chapter in your lives!

Congrats Pinkposey, glad to hear you are doing better!

I'd love to be in the VIP section of this party already, kinda feel like you're standing on the outside looking in!! :crying:....17 days to go then I'm in!! :)

Thanks Roheryn! I tell you, that 17 days will fly by quicker than you can imagine. It won't be long now and you'll be posting about your post-surgery feelings. Good luck to you!

-Rose Ann:thumbup:

time will serious fly by! as for sleeping...i'd love to do more than sleep on my back. i've been in my bed ever since i came home...but i've never been one to sleep on my back at all. i've tried both sides and it still pulls like crazy. so i'm off to sleep for about two hours until my back begs for mercy then wakes me up. then i'll sit for a bit and sleep that way...and who knows. i'm feeling much better...but i'm still not sure how i can go back to work all sore and grabbing my stomach when i sneeze or cough. i sit at a computer most days doing data entry and fixing others computer problems. it will all work itself out in time. gotta go look into these whey Protein bullets you all are talking about. take care everyone!!! sorry to hear about your dry heaves and everything. i hear ya about those spasms. if mine don't soon slow down, i'll be making a phone call. love to you all!!!:)

Glad to see you are feeling better Cutie! I'm doing pretty well. I actually did the whole shower,make-up and hair thing for the first time this morning. I can't wait till tomorrow to get out of the house. I'm not hungry AT ALL. It takes all I have to get a shake down and I drink one through the course of the day. I'm planning to hit the GNC and get some of these protien things everyone is talking about. I'd like something I can throw in Soup and I'll try the fruit punch idea that I've seen others talk about. I've been off the meds since day 2. It seems that is what is causing most of the misery for others. I'm a tad sore, but not getting nausueas like the liquid vicodin was making me. I'm feeling really gassy too. Not the painful chest stuff, but bloaty and gassy. I feel like I've GAINED 10 pounds because I feel so heavy. I assume it's some Water retention and swelling, too. I want to get on the scale...but I don't want to rush it. I tink I'll give myself a full week. I am heading back to work on Monday! I think I'll be fine. It will do me some good to get back in the swing of things. I partially think my fatigue is just from sitting home all this time! Anyway...that's my update. I'm glad everyone is doing well! I'm looking forward to seeing all of our success as time rolls on!

Tomorrow is my Birthday (as well as my baby boy's he'll be 4) so I will for sure being doing the hair and make-up thing...I'm sure it's going to make me feel a whole lot better! OMG I can't believe I'm going to be 36 that is soooo crazy!