Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Were you starving after being banded??

After talking to a few girls im a little worried... they made it sound like they were really hungry the first few weeks after being banded??? How did you feel after you were banded??

I am 5 weeks post op, and I can honestly say I haven't felt true "physical" hunger yet. I stay full all day long. I still eat a few bites of something for the 3 meals a day, just so I can keep my energy up to do my daily stuff. But no actual physical hunger here yet at all. This band is truly amazing.

However, there are times that I fight head hunger. I know I'm full, I can feel restriction. But I have to fight the habit of grabbing something to eat out of boredom...

The first eight weeks or so for me were like being on an appetite suppressant (took tenuate and duromine way back in the 80's, lol). Not only did I not have physical hunger but I had no interest in food at all, no head hunger, nothing,.

I'm glad I made the most of it and lost heaps becuase its never been like that again since.

YAY im so glad to hear all this... i was really worried!! Thanks for making me feel better... i just hope i dont feel hunger either!!

I was hungry at about 1 month out. I got hungrier until my fill six weeks out and then I was ok again.

Congratz on desiding to get this surgery, its realy the best thing ever.

But after my surgery like a couple of days after I did start getting hungry and felt like I had never been banded b/c I felt no change.

But the good thing was I had a vacation planed like 3 weekes after surgery were I would be gone a month so my doctor let me get my first fill 2 weeks after surgery and thats when i felt the big change.

I love it I paid out of pocket and it was worth every penny, Im already half way to my goal and it hasnt even been 3 months since i got banded.

I was banded on July 2 and still feel no hunger. I eat because I have to and I get full really fast. I can hear my stomach growl/gurgle but I have to say that I am really not hungry. I am 12 days post-op and starting to feel really good.

For the first two, maybe three weeks I had to force myself to eat and drink. Around week four I got my appetite back but it didn't take much food to satisfy me. I am almost seven weeks out, I have felt hunger a couple times since week four or five but that happens when I forget to eat. I am eating a little more at each meal now than in the beginning but I get my first fill this Thursday and hope that will change.

i feel hungry in the tummy right about the time its time to eat in the evening. but really thats it, i eat some and im good to go for the rest of the night. OHHHH but the head hunger geesh!! before i know it i will find myself standing infront of the fridge with the door open and wonder how the heck i got their LOL!!

I was banded on July 10 and am having a hard time trying to find the right amount of fluids. My stomach is either growling/gurgling like I'm really hungry even though I don't feel that way or I feel really full. I just wish I could get this right. I am really glad about my decision to be banded but it seems like I cannot adjust to this very well. I will be off work for 4 weeks due to my job and lifting restrictions. I am going to go crazy if this doesn't start getting better.

I am so pissed! How come I wasn't so lucky? I woke up STARVING - and it wasn't head hunger. I was hungry from day one and struggled for days being angry and depressed over the whole thing. Then - ZOOM - it was over so fast and now I am 2 and 1/2 weeks post op. Struggling with full liquids and eating every chance I am allowed too- all carbs and weight loss is minimal. I can't wait for my first fill - if there is one thing I learned in this whole process is that the band is the preliminary stage and that the real BIG DEAL is the fill date (or dates).....

I was banded on July 10 and am having a hard time trying to find the right amount of fluids. My stomach is either growling/gurgling like I'm really hungry even though I don't feel that way or I feel really full. I just wish I could get this right. I am really glad about my decision to be banded but it seems like I cannot adjust to this very well. I will be off work for 4 weeks due to my job and lifting restrictions. I am going to go crazy if this doesn't start getting better.

Andrea, I get a ton of rumbling and noise now too but I have learned that it is not coming from my stomach but my digestive system. Lots of Water, exercise and sometimes GasX seem to help. To me, actual hunger is much more uncomfortable.

Edited by Jodi_620

I woke up hungry, and my stomach growled, and demanded food. Two weeks on the liquid diet, hungry quite often. But there is something you should know about hunger pains. On average, they come only once an hour, maybe twice at most, and last only about 10 minutes. If you know that, and you set your mind on the fact that you can endure this for 10 minutes....it's easier.