Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I laughed my butt off at this thread, at the time I was banded, almost 4 years ago, I had been married 36 years. Hello...that's 36 years, so I told my hubby the doctor said no sex for three months! Of course, I told him I was joking, but what a reaction.

LOL i think i want to joke mine also. haha. i'm mean like that. :crying:

BUT MANNN!!!! i am getting surgery ON my bday. and no freakiness!?!? :rolleyes: lol. i am going to have to... make some kind of arrangement, ie: go to his house the night before. LOL, wake up, get crazy, then go home? HAHA. get ready for surgery @ 2pm. :redface: *gasp* lol.:thumbdown:

I'm still waiting for Aug the 18th to be banded. My say in this is, if the doc says no physical activity (actual sex) go for the next best thing. Oral. have him go down on you first and if you feel like it afterwards, (so you don't have to bed over any) lay flat on the bed and get him to get on his knees next to your head and give him what he wants from the side. It works for me and my hubby with no complaints at all

I absolutely :wink2: this forum!

I will make sure I ask my doc (I'm sure he's gotten the question before) and I'll talk to hubby as well. We're pretty *ahem* experimental, so it'll be a new challenge finding positions to get into without affecting the port.

Guess I'd better tell him to ramp up his bench pressing again so he can hold himself up...:crying: And work on his flexibility:tt1:

My doctor didn't give me any restrictions in this department. I was able to go out walking 4 days after. Swimming 4 weeks later. As far as sex goes, I waited about 2 weeks. Maybe a little less. I just adjusted the positions. My husband was very gentle, and concerned with my comfort. It wasn't any big deal at all, with the positions we came up with. Missionary was DEFINATELY out. It was actually kind of fun coming up with some new ways to do it. I wasn't uncomfortable. He was terrified of my port. To this day he will not touch it. It freaks him out. My son calls it my alien thingy.

For me we waited about 9 days after surgery. We did it standing up in the shower. I got him all worked up and then we did a modified doggy style, and it didn't cause me any pain :(. The next time we were lying down at less than 2 weeks and I had a BIG O and that was painful. I was sore for a while afterwords.

Everyone is different, but the main thing is to take it easy the first few times and give yourself time to heal.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
    • Clueless_girl

Losing my hair in clumps and still dealing with "stomach" issues from gallbladder removal surgery. On the positive side I'm doing better about meeting protein and water goals and taking my vitamins, so yay? 🤷‍♀️
      · 0 replies
    • BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

Amazing! Congrats!!! Watch out for the sharks. 🦈

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches