Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

I see the surgeon on July 23 and hoping to have a surgery date sometime in August too. I think an August support group is a great idea. Those of you going on cruises have a blast.

Cindy

I so happy & excited for ALL of us!! As far as my cruise goes, it's my last hoorah to food & overly expensive alcoholic drinks!!:thumbup:

I just got my date this morning, August 7. I still have to have my gastroenterologist send a letter before it's a done deal, and I've already asked her once! Doctors, I swear! After they get the letter (regarding medication and surgery timing), then I set up another appointment with the surgeon and I assume complete any pre-surgery junk. I'm pretty nervous about it. I'm going to make a reservation for the fancy restaurant in town sometime between now and then, and have one last go at overeating.

Tracy, maybe you should just ask about a preop diet. The shrinking of the liver is because the liver sits ontop of the stomach and it can make it difficult to put the band in place if there is not alot of room to work. I am hoping to be banded in early August but just waiting on all the test results to get into the surgeons office.

Can't wait to be looking and feeling better. I feel like sponge bob square pants!!! :thumbup::lol::):lol:

My Date is July 31st.

Hi!! Is anyone getting banded in August? I'm getting banded August 1st. Maybe we can share our stories & successes and be there for each other if needed. Thanks!! Good luck to all!! :thumbup:

I am shooting for the second week in Aug. I will know more on 8 Jul when I meet the surgeon. I am all for support (giving and getting!) so count me in. Anyone in Iowa or Illinois?

Ijust got my date yesterday - Aug 1st. I can't wait to share stories with you guys. I have no pre-op diet. I have to do all Clear Liquids on July 31st and nothing red or purple. Is that weird or what? I never heard of that before...any of you can't have anything red or purple before the surgery?

I also only have 24 hours of clear liquid before, but I don't think they mentioned red or purple. I know that when you have a colonoscopy, you can't have anything red or purple beforehand because it tends to stain things and look like blood or something. So it must be the same concern.

I asked about a pre-op diet and the doctor said it wasn't necessary...so I'll follow that. Thanks for your concern!! :lol: :thumbup:

the pre-op diet is different for everyone, obviously different surgeons preferences. and maybe BMI's come into at some point to? to determine how long you should be on a liquid diet, or just a strict calorie controlled diet (mine is this, have to eat 1000 or less for the week leading up to surgery), or nothing. with mine though, i was told it is to reduce the liver and to reduce the Water stores in the body, however, i drink alot of Water (something i will have to sto pdoing over the next couple of weeks, as i will not be able to do that once i am banded) but on the diet, it does not say anything about reducing the water content-which is a bit confusing to say the least.

Sarah

Hi, thought id join u all. Im due to be banded on 1st aug. im nearly thinking of putting it back cause it seems so soon. Im on hols the wk before and i have to do a 10 day low cal or liqiud diet (slimfast) before opp which meens doing it while im on hols. They told me its to reduce the size of the liver and if i dont they could cancel the opp. However the night before surgery i can go out have a meal and a few drinks before 11.59pm. Im from ireland and traveling to belgium to have it done. I keep thinking of the xmas sales and all the new skinny clothes i hope to be able to buy then. A bit of back ground - as above im from dublin, ireland. im not married but with bayfriend 11 yrs, i have 2 kids a 7yr old and 9 mth old. My daugher keeps asking if i have another baby in my belly!!!!!! BUt iv done weight watchers, which i do think works short term but if like me food is just too appeling to refuse it doest last that long. Ive also done diet pills, and diet sheets. I have made the mistake of telling a few people of what im doing and get the reply of how drastic it is, the closest to me are behind me, but i think why wait till im not able to get around to do it i want to feel good about my self im sick of feeling depressed and dreeding the thought of meeting new people cause they willbe thinking how fat i am, and i dont know anyone else who feels like that. anyway thats my story. hope we can help each other through this cause it is nerve wrecking. Best of luck to everyone.

edel.:thumbup:

Me too.....I will be banded on August 21 in Mississauga, Ontario. Anyone else around that time in that area?

I had my final dr. appointment last Thursday- everything should be submitted to Aetna. My birthday is next Wednesday. That call that says I'm approved would be the greatest birthday present ever! Once approved I should be scheduled within the first two weeks of August!!!