Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Hi gang!

So, I've had my band since August 6th. I lost 19 pounds REALLY FAST! Since then, I haven't lost ANYTHING! I go for my first fill on Thursday and I really hope that starts me back on the losing streak...I'm starting to get bummed out! My body ALWAYS sticks right here at my current weight and I was sort of hoping the band would get me past this point that no other diets had been able to. I think my body loves weighing 220! Anyone out there in band land that can tell me it's going to start falling off again??? I didn't pay out the nose for this surgery to lose 19 stinken pounds! HELP ME......:)

Just an update... 3 weeks postop and I'm down 41 pounds from my preop weight. BMI has dropped from 42 to 37.5. Only 8 more days of mushies.:)

JB

:) I was banded on 19 August with Doctor Ortiz. My second band. Don't ask...long story. Anyways...I have gone from 192 to 170. I have walked every day...keeping my heart rate up. My incision area hurts, but I am trying to keep it off my mind.

Hi gang!

So, I've had my band since August 6th. I lost 19 pounds REALLY FAST! Since then, I haven't lost ANYTHING! I go for my first fill on Thursday and I really hope that starts me back on the losing streak...I'm starting to get bummed out! My body ALWAYS sticks right here at my current weight and I was sort of hoping the band would get me past this point that no other diets had been able to. I think my body loves weighing 220! Anyone out there in band land that can tell me it's going to start falling off again??? I didn't pay out the nose for this surgery to lose 19 stinken pounds! HELP ME......:)

Michelle, I know how you feel. Have you tried exercising or if you ARE doing exercise, have you shaken up your routine? And if you eat the same things every day, maybe change up your diet a little. If you only eat about 700 calories a day, maybe have 1200 one day and then go back to the 700. That's what happened to me this weekend. I was sitting on the same weight for a week and eating only 6-7 hundred calories. So, I switched it up a bit, ate something different, got back on my treadmill, and I'm down since yesterday. Try it. Good luck!

Michelle, I know how you feel. Have you tried exercising or if you ARE doing exercise, have you shaken up your routine? And if you eat the same things every day, maybe change up your diet a little. If you only eat about 700 calories a day, maybe have 1200 one day and then go back to the 700. That's what happened to me this weekend. I was sitting on the same weight for a week and eating only 6-7 hundred calories. So, I switched it up a bit, ate something different, got back on my treadmill, and I'm down since yesterday. Try it. Good luck!

Thanks for the words of wisdom, Vegas Girl! I have been walking quite a bit and I think I need to shake things up and do something different. I guess that means getting up at the crack of dawn to do a video or something. I gave up on the 1/2 cup of food and started eating a little bit more...I think that will change again after my fill. I haven't visted the scale for a couple of days and I plan to stay away until my appointment...hopefully I'll have a suprize waiting for me when I look down! Thanks for the support. I'll keep you informed!:)

Congratulations Jolin! That is an an awesome amount of weight to be lose so quickly!

Has anyone had their first fill yet and has it made a huge difference? My first fill is coming on Friday and I am hoping it will get me going again. The weight is slowly coming down, but very slow... I try not to weigh in much, but on the wii it has you check in daily.

I got banded on Aug 26. My pre-op visit was Aug 20 and my weight that day was 300. I went on a liquid diet for a week and weighed myself at the hospital the day of surgery and my weight was 292. So the day after surgery I weigh myself and I am back at 300!! :w00t: So I figure it is the swelling plus the fact that I havent had my diuretic in 2 days (dr told me to start back on it one week post op). So I have been back on my diuretic for 2 days and my weight is now at 294 :cool2:-still not surgery day weight. WTF?!?!?!! :unsure: I am only on liquids and not taking in more than 800 calories per day. What gives?!!?!? :)

I have been feeling the same way. I have be jumping from 242 to 239 the last week. I keep telling myself it's not the 258 that I was and that I got the lap band not gastric bypass. I think we just have to get through this part of it and then we will all start losing again. From what I have read on here everyone goes through this. I'm so gald we are not alone with this. Good Luck everyone!

Shelly~ I keep telling myself that while doing the 6 month diet required by BCBS I lost 53 lbs and that in and of itself was an accomplishment that I am proud of. I just get discouraged when I see people say they got banded 3 weeks ago and have lost 20+ lbs. I try my best to focus on the positive but sometimes I can't. Thanks for letting me know you are experiencing the same thing I am. That helps make me look back at the positives.

Heather, don't get discouraged... I lost a lot on my 10-day pre-op and then slowly have just lost the trickled down hill. I try not to weigh myself so much and that seems to help more. You will do great give your body time to heal.

Shelly~ I keep telling myself that while doing the 6 month diet required by BCBS I lost 53 lbs and that in and of itself was an accomplishment that I am proud of. I just get discouraged when I see people say they got banded 3 weeks ago and have lost 20+ lbs. I try my best to focus on the positive but sometimes I can't. Thanks for letting me know you are experiencing the same thing I am. That helps make me look back at the positives.

I lost 21 lbs on my month long preop diet and since being banded on the 14th, I've lost another 9. (For some reason, I gained 6 lbs the day of surgery and it took FOREVER to get that to go away). So, when I say I've lost 29 lbs, that is my total experience of weight loss in this LapBand Process. You betcha I'm going to count it and so should you. It's definitely an accomplishment....especially the weight loss BEFORE the band. Now, I'm just trying to make 2 lbs a week till my first fill and not GAIN any of it. It's a challenge, but I'm up for it. Until it gets to be that time of the month, then I'm sure I'll lose control. Better lock up the pantry!

Hey there Heather - don't get down on YOU... as my patient facilitator says, this is the time for healing, not the time for losing, so if you can help it - stay off of that darned scale for at least a couple of weeks. Focus on eating the right stuff and staying the course that way. And as the ol' bandster saying goes... "walk-walk-walk" "sip-sip-sip" Before you know it the fills will start and the weight loss will truly begin. I think I've possibly put a few back on too and I'm just 2 weeks banded today. So, I'm just stayin' off of the scale, trying to move as much as I can, and getting ready to start the "mushies" phase this weekend-that'll be exciting! Good luck and keep us in the loop - remember that when you get down there is a whole LOT of folks on here that'll pick you right back up again!!

Take good care!:thumbup:

Stace

hi all i have a question, what exacly are the liquids what can i have after getting a lap band the band . ? i am a little confused please help me, and is it normal not to have any restriction i can eat prettymuch everything excet rice that does not do down easy and after it did it hurted preatty badly. please help me txxxxxxxxxx

i was banded on aug 19- 08

Ladies - I was feeling the same way. Surgery 8/5 and only 20 lbs lost - couldn't seem to get past 20 - UGGHH. However, went shopping last night for a wedding on Saturday and guess what - I am down TWO dress sizes - thank goodness no one was in the dressing room cause I was making some noise!!! So just a reminder to everyone, the scale is not almighty... you are most likely losing inches - not just pounds. Keep it up everyone and don't loose the faith!

Way to go mississippigurl! I like two sizes down!

Bmaria, I have found that all doctors have different diets they give out. I was on liquids for the first two weeks. Now I am on soft foods for the next 4-6 weeks. Call you doctor and get the suggestions and remember to be patient.