Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Congratulations August Bandsters

I was banded August 2007, just want to say a huge WOOO HOOO to all the August 2008 bandsters. You are in for a wild and wonderful ride, you are going to do things you never thought possible, and you are going to feel so honoured to know the person you will become.

Some of you will be saying goodbye to medications, some of you will be saying goodbye to unsupportive friends, most of you will come to embrace and yes even love exercise, all of you will get more renewed energy and hope with every pound and every inch that you lose.

The first time someone says, "you need a small right" when you are in clothing store, you will be smiling so wide that you think your lips are ripping.

Congratulations on having the courage to change your lives !

I get banded at 8:30 am tomorrow. Only 10 hours to go. I just really want it over so I can move on to the next phase. Thanks for all the stories to put me at ease. I had a C-section almost 2 years ago. Nothing can be as bad as that. I have only told 2 people in my life I am doing this and ALL OF YOU. I really appreciate all the inspiration from everyone's stories. I will log on in a few days and hopefully I can help someone else through this time. See you all on the other side.

Good Luck tomorrow Jenbug! I had a C-section too, and the lap band doesn't even come close to being as painful. It's a walk in the park compared to that! Hope that helps a little!

Take care!

:thumbup: Thursday night I got the BAD news!! Bloodwork showed high enzymes and low platates. Surgery had to be cancled until all my Dr's consulted. Friday morning instead of having surgery I was getting a CTScan instead. Dr called me in the afternoon, they found I have an enlarged spleen. Dr's feel they can continue and surgery has been rescheduled for Tuesday the 12th at 1:30pm. They will make a clinical decission when they go in on Tuesday, whether it's safe to place the band or not. Please Band Sister pray for me and my surgery-that it will be safe for them to band me. I have been looking forward to this surgery and been so excited about finally having a solution to losing weight. Thank you and will keep you all updated.

I just had mine done in Mexico on August 5th and it went fantastic ! I am so happy I went there. You will be fine. Don't worry.

Good luck to you on Tuesday - that's a horrible thing to have to happen just before surgery. It's good though that your doctors are being diligent and found out that there was a problem before you went in for surgery...at least now you're prepared. I saw a lap band being performed on OR-live.com, and I remember that the spleen is up and to the right of the stomach. In the video they were able to push it right out of the way, so hopefully they will be able to do the same for you.

If for some reason they can't do the surgery, don't give up hope. Just think of all the years you've been wanting to lose weight, and how close you are to fulfilling your dreams. If you have to wait a month or so until your spleen has gone back to normal, the time will fly by.

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you on Tuesday. Let us know how it went.

Take care!

I got mine on August 7th. Got out of the OR at 9:30pm so I got to spend a night in the hospital. Used my morphine drip twice before I figured out it was makning me very nauseous. Tylenol was enough for the pain. I got on my riding mower and mowed my lawn Saturday (9th). I am in absolutely no pain now unless I lay on my port (left side of abdomen). I'm going to work tomorrow.

Mike

Michee

Thank you so much for your kind words! I was banded last Monday and am looking forward to my lips hurting from the smiles!!!

It's nice to hear a great success at one year!!!! I'm looking forward to making the same kind of post on my one year anniversary!!:wub::thumbup::lol::thumbup:

PRE-OP DIET STARTS TODAY!!!!! IM A LITTLE NERVOUS I KNOW THIS WILL BE HARD!! BUT I AM READY!! IF YOU HAVE DONE THIS ALREADY AND HAVE SUGGESTIONS FEEL FREE TO FILL ME IN!! :thumbup:

THANKS!!!

event.png

Hey Jen, I started mine on Saturday and I have been a good girl!!

Just make sure you drink plenty of Water because you do get somewhat dehydrated!

Day one wasn't fun, day two was ok, day three has kinda sucked, I'm hoping now I'm heading into day 4 things will start to improve :thumbup:

Just keep persevering as it will only be a few weeks and then you won't feel as hungry as you do during this... for a while anyway :lol:

Between Sat am and Mon am I have lost 2.4 kilograms!! So seeing that weight loss is very motivating!!

Oh and if you are doing the Protein shake (I've been doing Optifast for three meals) use cold Water to mix them as it tastes better!

ShelbyD,

I got through the pre-op diet pretty well. I understand the popcorn situation. I went to the movies and someone next to me was eating nachos. After surgery my Dr. told me I had the smallest liver they had ever seen. A friend of mine called me an overachiver. That's a first. How are you feeling post-surgery? I had a lot of pain.

Well I was banded on the 7th, finally now able to write a bit more about it. Everything went "textbook" as my surgeon said. It was filmed for internet purposes to bring in more clients. I asked him if I could have a cut of the action, he thought that was funny, I was half serious LOL. Hey didn't hurt to ask.

I had a lot of pain the night and day after surgery. I had nausea and had a tiny bit of frothing and thew up the froth, and boy I don't ever want to do that again, talk about uncomfortable and painful...ugggggg. We figured it was the combo of anesthesia and the morphine drip. They sent me home with the Roxiset. I am still taking a small teaspoon full about every 6-8 hours now. No real pain but I did have the bruising on each incision. And that is sore. Everything is healing well, and my weight is starting to come down a bit. I figure that in a week or so I will be through with the swelling and bloated feeling.

Thank the lord for the GAS X strips that melt in your mouth, the cinnamon are tasty...I pretend it's a nice fat cinnamon roll. I use about 2 of them every 5 hours or so. I finally am able to use my CPAP all night and only woke up 2 times to go potty.

Gee they don't say much about the weird diarrhea do they LOL. Just a warning be careful when you "toot" LOL. I learned the hard way what can happen LOLLOLLOL.

I now can tell when I am full, it's hard to describe but I know it. My key is to eat the broth, Jello and even drink the Protein shakes very slowly. I am completely full after I have them I have my shake first thing in the morning (for energy) then an hour later I have my broth and Jello. I repeat this at lunch and dinner.

I am so happy I did this and can live with the small amount of discomfort to have a new lease on life. And maybe some semblance of my old body back even though I will never look 20 again. I just might feel it.

Good Luck Everyone

Pati

Edited by Shamrockgirl60

Congratulations everyone! It seems as though those of us that have been banded this month are moving on with great strides. I am happy to say I woke up this morning with hardly any gas pain. I getting ready to go for my walk. I walked a little last night and coughed a lot (I have asthma, so it is expected from the surgery), however I feel fine. I wish all of those having surgery the best of luck this week and I hope you all recoup as fast as most of us have. I have my fingers crossed for luvcowboys that everything goes as planned tomorrow. Good Luck Everyone and Happy Monday!