Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in August???

Hi everyone! I am almost to afraid to say it for fear I will jinx it but I got my date today and it is August 15!!! Start my preop liquids on Friday. I cant believe it! I waited so long for my insurance approval and now it is moving quickly! Good luck to everyone and I will look forward to hearing how you are all doing!

Hi - I'm being banded on the 15th also. How's it going on the liquids? Optifast and vegetables? I gotta tell you I was never a big salad person and I will be even less after this! I cooked an assortment of veggies for supper and it was nice to have something hot.

Hey my date is august 12 th i am on day 5 of liquid diet ? whoa this sucks anyone else care to share ? i am very confused while some have not had to do any liquids preop and some a very strict liquid like no dairy ???

I am so excited !!!! :biggrin2:

I so agree, Tigerlily. I called my lapband center today to talk to nutritionist but she wasn't there. I was hoping against hope that she would say I could have a little meat Protein or a fruit or a cookie maybe? Anyway, I am resigning myself to JUST DO IT to prove to myself that after is doable too! The nurse told me there are different protocals and that that is what my surgeon wants.

I think I have already did a quick introduction. Please let me know if I am doing anything wrong. I appreciate the support

Hi Shamrockgirl! Looks like we are just a day apart. So, you are going to be famous eh?? That sounds like fun! It's crazy that we are just a week out from our date! It's going to be such a long 7 days! This is like being a kid and waiting for Santa to come! It's KILLING me! I'm still sticking to the pre-op diet pretty closely...even though I've already lost enough to satisfy the Doc. I figure if I have it in me to stick with it, why not? My goal is to be 15 puonds down by surgery. I'm hoping we can all start to share our successes and post how easy the surgery was for everyone!

Hey ladies,

I have been walking and replacing some meals by testing out the Protein shakes... and excitedly I have lost 10 lbs. in the past month (super happy):w00t:

But as the date approaches (AUG. 26th) and this is all REAL, I am getting scared. Will I ever be/feel the same again. I just made the 40 BMI and wonder, well--maybe I should just loose 30 more lbs. and forego the surgery--but inevitably, I can almost assure you the weight will come back with a vengence as soon as I get too stressed or depressed or ...(Fill in the blank). So I know this is a good thing, but the idea of surgery and recovery are throwing me for a loop.

Jenbug.

thanks for the uplifting. I feel better today. I am having foot surgery tomorrow and then in 6 days getting banded. I feel like i have spent the last 2 weeks doing pre-op for both surgeries, so yesterday when all the testing was complete, i was just really emotionally and physically exhausted. Also, my husband has been out of the country for 3 weeks. I have 3 children ages 8,6, and 3 that i have been taking care of by myself and i am also a pharmacist. my husband came home home last night. I think completing my testing and knowing he was finally coming home... i think i had some built up emotions that needed to be set free. The past 3 weeks have been stressful is all i'm trying to say. I have been busy taking care of evryone else. Good luck to you on the 11th. let me know how you are

g00dbyefat --- My surgery is on August 18th tooo!!!!!!!! Aren't you sooooo anxious!!

YES>>>Nervous, anxious, excited, and a whole whirlwind of other emotions. It's been a LOOOOONG time coming as I've been thinking about this surgery for years, but only recently had the insurance to do it. Got approval and and sooooooooooooo thrilled to death! WOOHOO! We'll have to keep in touch and support eachother!

:w00t:

MY SURGERY WAS GREAT! I had my banding TODAY and I am sitting here AT HOME feeling good with just a little cramping, better than PMS. My surgeon in Asheville, NC is awesome. I have one small puncture and one 2 1/2 inch incision for the port. THAT IS ALL! This is some thing new, I think. I came home 7 hours after arriving at St. Joseph's Hospital, and then had a 2 hour ride which I spent napping. (My husband was driving!) I am looking forward to a speedy recovery and a whole new life!

:thumbup:MY SURGERY WAS GREAT! I had my banding TODAY and I am sitting here AT HOME feeling good with just a little cramping, better than PMS. My surgeon in Asheville, NC is awesome. I have one small puncture and one 2 1/2 inch incision for the port. THAT IS ALL! This is some thing new, I think. I came home 7 hours after arriving at St. Joseph's Hospital, and then had a 2 hour ride which I spent napping. (My husband was driving!) I am looking forward to a speedy recovery and a whole new life!

:thumbup:Glad to hear your surgery went well Mary. I had mine yesterday, and I feel fantastic. I have a few more incisions than you, but they are small and should heal up no problem. I don't have any port pain, or any pain at all in the incisions, just a bit of gas, and I guess that will "pass." (groan) I had a C-section 10 years ago, and this is a thousand times easier so far than that. I've also been eating pudding, Jello, and drinking lots, and feel absolutely fine!

Good luck to everyone else in August!

Tracey

Hey there guys! Thanks SO much for these great surgery stories - I had been reading lots of scary ones lately so this helps a whole bunch! I get mine 2 weeks from TODAY and couldn't be more ready or more excited!!

WooHoo!!

:w00t:

Way to go Mary and slinkymalinky! I am glad you are both feeling so well... Makes me excited for Friday to come.

HELLO EVERYONE...i was band on aug5th doing great.Few gas bubbles, but the key is walking and sipping your clear liquids.Also heating pad on my tummy.Best of Luck AUGUST NEWBIES..Lets keep in touch.

:) I'm so excited!!! Did my pre-surgery visit with my Dr yesterday, preregistered at hospital, did my xray and did all my bloodwork as well. Scheduled for 8AM. Wish me luck and keep me in your prayers. Thanks! :thumbup:

Wow, aren't we August banders doing great!!!

Today is my first day after banding, and I have lots of energy, just a sting where the 1 1/2 inch port incision is. I think I said 2 1/2 inches yesterday, just want to correct that. I never dreamed this part would be so much easier than the 2 weeks of fluids pre-banding!