Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

banded July 16 in B.c., Canada and also feel it was the best thing I ever did. I am very tired... had knee surgery two days before lap band so feel I am recovering.... I am satisfied on my diet (changed "full" to "satisfied" still getting cravings but not giving in. I am not allowed mash pot... for a while yet. just on creamed stuff... but it seems to do me. Lost 7 pounds... very happy.... love the support on the net..... lets keep in touch... Kathy

Back from Mexico, surgery went great. Can't begin to explain how great it feels to be on this side of it. For all the butterflies that will be going in this comming week, Good luck and can't wait for ya'll to join us. And wishing everyone a speedy recovery :):)

Hey evryone! I was just banded yesterday, by Dr. Ortiz in Tijuana, MX. I'm about to leave the clinic now, but wanted to use his computer 1st, since I didn't bring mine, and let you know how I'm feeling. So far so good! I'm surprised to be only a little sore in certain positions, like getting up out of bed. Other than that I feel fine. There was a slight ache up in my left shoulder from the CO2, but it seems to have gone away-hopefully. I just tried to walk as much as possible and breath into that thing they give you for your lung capacity (10x/hour). Good luck to all of the surgeries coming up!

Well I got my time for surgery - 2:30pm so clears until & 7am. I'm so excited and getting nervous. I have so many things going on right now.

My daughter had an excision biopsy of a lump in her breast yest, she's doing well, but i have some mild anxiety about the results (won't find out until thursday).

My 2 youngest daughters are going to sleep away camp on sunday do trying to get them all se. then I get to think about me. I want to take before pictures and measurements - hope I get a chance(not that things will change that fast, but it's the OCD in me)

I've been reading about everyone and so far so good -

looks like the July Butterflys are all coming out of their cocoons!! Can't wait to join you guys

Gigi

Hello fellow July Bandsters! I'm a happily married mother of 2 children (boy 15 and girl 8). I am a paralegal who negotiates contracts for corporations.

Today is day 9 post op and I'm looking forward to each new day because I know that every new day brings me one step closer to a healthier, lighter me! Oh, to be thin again and be free from fat! I remember how it used to feel and I can't wait.

YEAH! I am hungry too....had surgery on the 16th. I have been drinking Protein Shakes and pureeing food. I find tuna pureed holds me for quite awhile. I have to stay on this diet for at least 3 weeks..yikes! I hope I can do it. I am trying to take in 600-800 calories a day. Tonight I pureed cottage cheese with a cup of sugar free jello......it was fluffy and good. I hate cottage cheese. I guess we will just have to stick it out.:thumbup:

How do you get the July 08 Butterfly banner?

Welcome, and congrats on your first ten pounds! :-)

Orea

Thanks! I'm looking forward to the rest of my life. I'm so excited for you that you are just 5 days away. I don't know if I was just lucky or if my surgeon was just extra good but I had no pains or complications. Not even gas pains and now it's day 9 post op. My appetite is going berserk on me. Sometimes I'm so hungry I think I can eat horse and other times I have no appetite at all.

Good for you! I am glad you feel better. Like I said, I had to break down and eat too.....several times.:thumbup:

Wow, you and I are band sisters and both in Houston, Texas. I see we had different doctors. I had my surgery at 7515 Main Street. Where did you have yours?

Wow, you and I are band sisters and both in Houston, Texas. I see we had different doctors. I had my surgery at 7515 Main Street. Where did you have yours?

I had mine at University General on Fannin. There is another girl on the July thread that had surgery in the same hospital and was probably on the same floor. Well, we can follow each other's progress online. I gained six pounds... I guess from the Fluid in surgery. I have lost that and now it is a slow go. I am staying around 700 calories.....some Protein Shakes and some pureed food. I just need to stay off the scale and weigh once a week. I have started walking and hope that will help.

The bariatric nurse who interviewed me at the hospital where I'll be banded, told me that they pump us full of fluids on purpose, knowing that we won't be able to drink a lot the first few days. So they do this to help us avoid becoming dehydrated. :thumbup:

Orea

The bariatric nurse who interviewed me at the hospital where I'll be banded, told me that they pump us full of fluids on purpose, knowing that we won't be able to drink a lot the first few days. So they do this to help us avoid becoming dehydrated. :thumbup:

Orea

I believe it.....but what is weird.....when I got back from barium test , they never reconneted me to the IV fluids. I did drink Water all night long. Oh well, I would rather be pumped full of fluids than dehydrate.

Just wanted to check in and see how everyone has been doing? I have been working extra shifts sence I will be banded on July 31st. I am so excited getting alittle more nervous as each day gets closer. I start my preop diet Sunday 5 days of that so wish me luck everyone!

Sthernbrat:crying: