Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

1 Day, I am so sorry to hear about your job. This economy really sucks and I just don't see it getting any better anytime soon. we have a small company and we will most likely be laying off AGAIN next week. It's so hard because were like a family, everyone knows everyone and these poor guys have families to take care of. When we do this I also stop drawing a paycheck so things get a little tight. We already had to drop company insurance back in Oct. because we just couldn't afford it. Anyway I'm not trying to make you feel any worse or anything I just wanted you to know that I truely feel for you right now. Sending lots of love and prayers.

1 Day, I am so sorry to hear about your job. This economy really sucks and I just don't see it getting any better anytime soon. we have a small company and we will most likely be laying off AGAIN next week. It's so hard because were like a family, everyone knows everyone and these poor guys have families to take care of. When we do this I also stop drawing a paycheck so things get a little tight. We already had to drop company insurance back in Oct. because we just couldn't afford it. Anyway I'm not trying to make you feel any worse or anything I just wanted you to know that I truely feel for you right now. Sending lots of love and prayers.

You are not making me feel bad the economy is what it is. However my husband has a small business and I carry the insurance so I have to find something soon not only for the paycheck my the insurance mostly for my other health issues. I woke up this am took a shower, got coffee and not looking ont he internet then I am going to the labor board to file for unemployment.

The economy needs to improve or something so many people are hurting right now.

So the good thing about not working is time to get myself back on track.

I have been through this phase like a million times but ladies should I do the 5 day or just start right with Janet's food menu she posted. I need to get off the self pity pot with my eating and back on the program no excuses it is just me and what I have in the house so no outside influences.

My DH said last night I should take my band out because I can pb at dinner I had a crazy taco salad at a mexican resturant but then got a desert and no problems. Then had two Cookies he brought home. I first I thought he was being mean but he was just trying to say you spent all this money and you are eating crap.

So lets refocus myself.

My med change has made me feel good so I am not down just the carb sugar curse got me again okay well the truth still has me

So the good thing about not working is time to get myself back on track.

I have been through this phase like a million times but ladies should I do the 5 day or just start right with Janet's food menu she posted. I need to get off the self pity pot with my eating and back on the program no excuses it is just me and what I have in the house so no outside influences.

My DH said last night I should take my band out because I can pb at dinner I had a crazy taco salad at a mexican resturant but then got a desert and no problems. Then had two Cookies he brought home. I first I thought he was being mean but he was just trying to say you spent all this money and you are eating crap.

So lets refocus myself.

My med change has made me feel good so I am not down just the carb sugar curse got me again okay well the truth still has me

I think using this time off to refocus your attention to your health and needs is a wonderful idea. I would advise the 5 day pouch test. You can use it to de-carb yourself and get the feeling of what "full" means again. Good luck.

I think using this time off to refocus your attention to your health and needs is a wonderful idea. I would advise the 5 day pouch test. You can use it to de-carb yourself and get the feeling of what "full" means again. Good luck.

Thank so much I think that is what I am going to do.

I second this!!

I hate that blasted carb monster.:lol::cursing: That's the guy I still spend everyday fighting, Somedays I win and some I lose. I hope one day to stomp him out for good.

I second this!!

I hate that blasted carb monster.:lol::cursing: That's the guy I still spend everyday fighting, Somedays I win and some I lose. I hope one day to stomp him out for good.

That is what we need a self defense class for us against the carb monster. Not against an attacker like a human but against our attacker the cookie.

LOL

LOL, I'm telling you. I hate to admit it but I had a lazy day yesterday and I played with that carb monster all day. First a carrot cake cupcake then a nutty bar. It's a terrible thing because you eat it knowing you shouldn't and then feel guilty as hell and spend the rest of the day mad at yourself and beating yourself up. I've lost the weight but the battle goes on everyday. It can get quite fustrating.and the exercise is another subject, I start and stop over and over again. I just can't seem to get into it like alot of the others have done. I don't find it relaxing or enjoyable. It's just another chore I keep putting off.

LOL, I'm telling you. I hate to admit it but I had a lazy day yesterday and I played with that carb monster all day. First a carrot cake cupcake then a nutty bar. It's a terrible thing because you eat it knowing you shouldn't and then feel guilty as hell and spend the rest of the day mad at yourself and beating yourself up. I've lost the weight but the battle goes on everyday. It can get quite fustrating.and the exercise is another subject, I start and stop over and over again. I just can't seem to get into it like alot of the others have done. I don't find it relaxing or enjoyable. It's just another chore I keep putting off.

I agree it is a chore I try to make is fun. I have bought the Wii do it for a little bit then it sits there. I need that magic bullet so I can get into it like the others. I thight they say start out with 5 mins then by the time you reach 5 mins you want to do 5 more. The problem fo me is getting out the door or off the coach

Yes that's how it goes with me too. I bought a Wii and thought it was fun at first and now when ever I get on it it just tells me how long it's been since the last time I've been on it. I weighed in this morning because I had such a bad Sat. I was down a pound what the heck is that? I'm not counting it because I'm sure it will come back but it's been 2yrs and I still can't figure this thing out. Sometimes you do everything your supposed to and you get nothing and other times you are a cheater and you lose. Sometimes I just think this thing does what ever it wants to. And to tell the truth I still can't figure out the lapband diet, I'm told 3-1/2 cup meals a day with no snacking but then they give me a book with the exceptable Snacks and How do you get all the protien, fruits, and vegs in with 3- 1/2 cup meals. When I ask this over and over again I never get a straight answer. I haven't even been able to find the answer online. Oh well my blind journey goes on.

Yes that's how it goes with me too. I bought a Wii and thought it was fun at first and now when ever I get on it it just tells me how long it's been since the last time I've been on it. I weighed in this morning because I had such a bad Sat. I was down a pound what the heck is that? I'm not counting it because I'm sure it will come back but it's been 2yrs and I still can't figure this thing out. Sometimes you do everything your supposed to and you get nothing and other times you are a cheater and you lose. Sometimes I just think this thing does what ever it wants to. And to tell the truth I still can't figure out the LAP-BAND® diet, I'm told 3-1/2 cup meals a day with no snacking but then they give me a book with the exceptable Snacks and How do you get all the protien, fruits, and vegs in with 3- 1/2 cup meals. When I ask this over and over again I never get a straight answer. I haven't even been able to find the answer online. Oh well my blind journey goes on.

Kimaly - I agree we get multiple directions and they are all different You should post on the board that Charlene and I post on. The girls have alot of input. Some have just been banded, Some have been banded longer than us needless to say they come from all walks of life. It has helped us both. The link is below.

I'm here to help... - Page 850 - LAP-BAND

They have all kinds of input it has helped in many situations.

But again I agree we get mixed ideas on what and how much to eat. You think 3 years out we would all have this under control but I guess we are all dealing with different things but also the same issues.

Thx Melissa, I've started reading over some of the post on the thread.

I just had a scrambled egg white with a piece of fat free cheese and canadian bacon and man it was good!! Woo Hoo, New lunch fav.

i bet that was yummy

Okay gang, It is the 26th and no one has checked in today. I went to the dr.....had good bloodwork report. I asked about lowering my thyroid med, but he said my numbers were perfect. If I got hot and dizzy walking.......it was just too hot to walk.....my thyroid medication. Anyway, the last couple of days the humidity has been lower and so it was nice to walk. Now, about food......not good. I went on another cracker attack. I did not count my calories today. Every time I don't journal my food I fall off the bandwagon. So, tomorrow, I am going to try to shake it for two meals and a snack. I reel this appetite in before I weigh in next Wed.

Still no grandbaby......any day now. I will be taking care of my two year old grand daughter. That will give me a workout .

Melissa, I hope you are better now. Crzytchr, I bet this was a crazy week for you. Our school started this week. Oh, Pearland, Tx is in the Little League World Series. They won today and moved on to Saturday's Championship for the USA. Pearland is our town (city of 50,000). We are proud of our boys.

Hey all - I am still feeling poopy from the Bronchitis . I feel so out of breath today but hanging in there taking my meds drinking my liquids and eating Soup, yogurt, posicles, and pudding. Other than that things are going well.

No job opps yet but applying away at different places. I guess it is good cause who wants to show up to interview sick.

Well I will check back in later - :biggrin: