Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello,

My name is Jean and I was banded on April 17th, 2008. I have lost 42 pounds since I began my weight loss journey. This is the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. I sure don't regret having my band. I had surgery in Georgetown, Ky.

Jean:thumbs_up:

42 lbs is wonderful great work so far!!!

How long did you have to wait from the time you saw the surgeon until your surgery? Which doctor did your surgery? I am looking at Weiss for Central Baptist. I have to do a six month diet first. I am going on my fourth month. That is so impressing about how well you have done.

Cheryl

Hello,

My name is Jean and I was banded on April 17th, 2008. I have lost 42 pounds since I began my weight loss journey. This is the best thing I have done for myself in a long time. I sure don't regret having my band. I had surgery in Georgetown, Ky.

Did you have post-op swelling around the port area that stuck up like a goose egg for first few days? I cannot get the answer to this question - a lot of people just write in about things having NOTHING to do with lap band surgery. Please can someone just answer that simple question. You have done great - hope I have success like you - Thanks.

Yes. There is more swelling around the port area and it does stick up but not in everyone. Different surgeons place the port in different areas of the abdomen and even the same surgeon will put it in different places in different people. It all depends on each person's anatomay and each surgeons preference. There is no really dependable/predictable answer to how your port will eventurally look/feel because everyone is different but as my port has anchored into my muscle and as I have lost abdomen fat --- the port seems to be nesting deeper into my abdomen. However, after saying all of that -- I have heard of people who have lost a great deal of stomach fat needing to go back and have a new port put in because it can start sticking up a lot again after a lot of weight loss. You're MD should be able to give you more precise info and a better prediction on your particular situation.

No, I didn't have any swelling and I don't even know where my port is suppose to be. I have had 1 fill but I didn't watch to see where she inserted the needle into my port.

Jean

Dr. Weiss did my surgery at Georgetown Hospital. I have an appointment for my second fill on July 18th. I have Medicare so I didn't have to wait to be approved. My first all day appointment was Jan. 25th. I had to have the pre-opt testing after that and then I had the 2nd all day on April 1st and surgery on the 17th of April. Good luck with your diet and anticipated surgery.

Jean

hi jean,

congrats on the progress...i'm due for my band july 8th. i'll be going to louisville for the procedure. saw you are from georgetown...i'm from winchester and used to work in georgetown...currently down the road in glasgow. small world, eh? anyway, again, congrats and and i hope to be able to read about many happy milestones for you as i prepare for the same...take care!

cheers,

d-

Had some puffiness aroung the port incision but no goose egg...

I still don't know where my port is either but I will be having my first fill Wednesday and I hope to find out ..

Hi Jean, I too am going to Georgetown, Jen called me last week and told me I am approved. I am waiting for them to call and set my 2nd appointment up which at that time I wil get surgery date. Kathy

I was banded in early April and still have a goose egg near my port - don't know if it is from surgery or from my first fill when I developed a hematoma. I have lost 35 pounds and it now sticks out. I asked my fill doctor about it and he said that when I get to my goal if it is still sticking out he can do a port replacement to a low profile port - minor office procedure. When I wear a knit top and look in the mirror at just the right angle, I see the goose egg.

Actually I am from Corbin I just went to Georgetown to have my surgery. I am amazed and so is the doctors at how well I have done. I give God the glory I sure couldn't do it with out Him. I don't have a whole lot of support from family it might be because I never told them that I was having surgery. I hope to be able to tell more good stories and also to hear good stories from you and everyone else too. Good luck with your surgery let us know how you do. Take care.

hi jean,

congrats on the progress...i'm due for my band july 8th. i'll be going to louisville for the procedure. saw you are from georgetown...i'm from winchester and used to work in georgetown...currently down the road in glasgow. small world, eh? anyway, again, congrats and and i hope to be able to read about many happy milestones for you as i prepare for the same...take care!

cheers,

d-