Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I wonder what the heck is going on with my downloads. Week 1 and the Graduation week were the only ones that downloaded full length. Actually, the download dialogue box indicates a full download, but the playback is only a few minutes in length for all other weeks? Very strange.

Check the info on the song and see what the stop time is. If you know what it is supposed to be set it to that and maybe that will override whatever is happening.

Edited by ajoneen

I did the couch to 5 k last year and ran/walked my I did run after that, but started mt couch to 5k again this am. It really works. I am ecited to see my buddies here (Renewedhope and BonnieMcC). Keep on truckin'. We will all have to run a 5k together.:thumbup:

Yippee!! Got through week 1. Oh how I dreaded going out for day 3 this morning!! I just didn't think I had it in me. Made myself go, and glad about it! :tt2:

Next week I will be repeating week 1. I don't think I'm ready to advance! But that's okay, I'd rather take it slow than burnout and quit!

I forgot to post that I complete week one yesterday. It was challenging, but doable. I am going to go on to week 2 on monday!! Today I have a stomach virus. I was up sick most of the night. I am giong back to bed.

I am sick too - just drove in from my parents this morning - so I could be in my own home - it is tough being sick at someone else's house. I just hope I am well enough to do my 3rd day this week. Yesterday I was involved in 4th of July festivities, then got sick last night. Hopefully I will be better tomorrow and can keep up with this week. Congrats everyone on doing so well and a Happy belated Independence Day!

Thursday I didn't do any "intentional exercise" I just walked all over the city for hours...almost all day!!!

Friday I hit the treadmill for 5k training. I slowed down my run from 5.0 to a 4.0 because the belt on the crappy treadmill kept slipping. Besides 5.0 was too fast for me. I still walked atleast half the day through the city. I really enjoyed the walk through the city.

This morning I got up and instead of using the crappy treadmills in the fitness room I hit the pavement. I did the podrunner but I know I didn't run and a fast enough pace...since I just did it yesterday I didn't want to overdo it. I did my walk/run up and down michigan ave (the magnificent mile) while window shopping and looking at all the skinny clothes I would love to buy! It was 7am so the only people out of the street were runners and walkers. It was nice because by 9am that street will be packed with people!!!

Have a great weekend!

Renewedhope and Wendy- feel better!!!!

Bonnie- congrats on exercising while you are traveling! Its always a challenge for me to keep exercise and diet on track when I travel- yea you!

Did run 3 of week 2 today- no major issues except my hamstrings were sore going into it from my personal trainer session on Friday (yes, my insane trainer worked on the 4th). They were tight at first (even with stretching) but by the end they'd loosened up.

Renewedhope and minpinmom.... I hope the both of you are feeling better!

I have had to put off day 3 of week 1 until tomorrow. Kind of a long break between run days, but I had no choice really. I have been spending all free time with family and today was the funeral for my husbands cousin. I get so annoyed when I dont get to exercise at least every other day. But life happens. Hopefully normal life will resume starting tomorrow! I'm ready to go on to week 2 but I have to get the last day of week 1 done first!

Question for you C-2-5k; you have been commenting about speeds/pace of your runs but how far/miles are you running? Are we supposed to be running the full 5k each time? Or working up to it?

Just wondering.

Amanda,

I have been doing the podrunner iTune that is previously mentioned in another post. When the songs are over--my workout is over. The first week is about 25 minutes and I end up going a little more than a mile and a half. I believe it is meant to work UP to 3.1 miles. I know at this point I could not do the intervals for a whole hour and the rate I am going to be able to get the 3.1 miles in.

Btw, I am repeating week one this week. I think I will probably repeat each week twice (or more if nessesary). I am in no hurry to complete the program and I want to enjoy it. I KNOW me...if I go to hard to fast I will get burned out and quit. I know that my body is not ready to move onto next level.

Good luck to everyone this week!

Bonnie- yea for finishing week 1! Definitely don't move ahead until you are ready :thumbup:

I have to say that I feel ready for week 3 but I look ahead to run 3 of week 5 and it SCARES me - eek! 20 minutes pure running!

I need not to read ahead

happy week (whatever week you are on!) of couch to 5k!

OK, I finished week one Podrunner. I think your idea about doing each session for two weeks is a great idea.

Anyone suffering with shin splints? OUCH!:thumbup:

Great job everyone.:rolleyes:

Lyn

You are def working up to the 5k! Even after week 9 it took me a couple of weeks to get to 5k.

I ran a 10k on Sunday 1hr +. My 10k time is still really slow but im ok with that.

Here is a pic from the 5k of me on Friday.

post-220194-13813137289501_thumb.jpg