Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

whosya-

thanks for the pic compliment. I am a make-a-wish mom and my sons wish was granted (he wished for a Disney Cruise). A local salon did a makeover on me and then a photoshoot to give me a day to myself. It was a blast! Everyone thinks that photo looks like it belongs on an '80's album cover. I think thats cool because I am sooo an '80's chick--although my hair is not NEAR as big as it was in the '80's!

btw, I added some pics into my albums--my goal pics (of what I want to...I mean WILL look like again someday!) and then some of my pics at my heaviest. Ewwww... something to keep me movitated as well!

Edited by BonnieMcC

Ok, I ran today. Stuck with what I did on Monday. It didn't push me to my max, but I am being patient. I know as I increase it will get tougher!!

I'm in the middle of week 4 now, but it's good to see everyone's progress in week 1! Just keep at it. I missed a run a few weeks ago, and somehow that ended up snowballing into two weeks off. I just started back up again last week ... let's just say I could not pick up where I left off! I'll probably be repeating week 4 next week, but right now I'm just committed to running my 3 days a week and making progress each run.

Day 2 done! I kept the speed the same as well (3.5 and 4.5). I was tired when I was done, but not exhausted. I am actually kind of enjoying this. Well, week 1 anyway! haha I did 15 more minutes of cardio on the elliptical when I was done running and then some weights. I bet I'll be feeling it tomorrow.

Great job everyone! Glad you all here doing this with me. I get anxious to log on so I can see how everyone is doing.

Today is Day 2 for me. I'll be heading out as soon as my husband and son hit the door. My legs are still a little sore, which is supposed to be a good sign, I guess. I have such an urge to get back in bed!:o

Has anyone noticed a problem with the play time of the Podrunner downloads for most of the weeks after week 1. Some have a time of 13mins, 9 mins, 4mins, etc. Has anyone else experienced this or is it some strange occurance on my end?

Good work Ladies!! Keep it up! I am proud of you!

No running for me today as i have a 5k race tomorrow, so just swimming. Your doing great!!!!!

I know nothing of the podcast

Okay, I made it, through, well almost!! I had about 6 minutes left and hit the wrong spot on my ipod and the track started over. I tried to fine where I was but got confused with the walk/jog music. So, I just kinda trotted a couple times. I tried to watch the time, but it was too difficult. Oh well, I still call it an accomplishment.

I will say, though, that day 2 was more difficult than day one because of the soreness of my legs. I am definitely doing Week One again, I'd probably pass out trying to start week 2 next week! :thumbup:

Good luck to everyone!

I'm in the middle of week 4 now, but it's good to see everyone's progress in week 1! Just keep at it. I missed a run a few weeks ago, and somehow that ended up snowballing into two weeks off. I just started back up again last week ... let's just say I could not pick up where I left off! I'll probably be repeating week 4 next week, but right now I'm just committed to running my 3 days a week and making progress each run.

that's great you are on week 4! the last time I did this, I got to week 3 and my foot gave out. Actually I started out on the thread with daddy! However he's now a triathelete and I'm worried about week 3 :tt1:

Wendy...it will get easyier one day. Keep it slow. I think week 5 or 6 it started to get easyier. And i think on week 7 i ACTUALLY enjoyed it! I didnt thnk that would ever happen!

I repeated a few of the weeks though too.

thanks for the advice and support!

looks like everyone is working hard! The first time I tried this I was?? 30-40 lbs heavier than I am now and in worse shape- I currently do the eliptical and some stairmaster 5-6 days a week 45 min - 1 hour. This time is easier but my heart rate is still getting up there. I'm finding that its dropping very fast back to normal during my walk.

Finished week 2, day 2 today. I actually lost track of time (not using the podcast) and ran 2 minutes for my last segment instead of the 90 secs! :thumbup: I am finding that having a pair of shoes chosen for me by a running store is really helping- if you are able to, consider going to a place where they have employees trained to look at gait (how you walk) and guide you to a good pair of shoes

everyone is doing great!!!:lol:

Has anyone noticed a problem with the play time of the Podrunner downloads for most of the weeks after week 1. Some have a time of 13mins, 9 mins, 4mins, etc. Has anyone else experienced this or is it some strange occurance on my end?

I downloaded the coach to 5k and had no problems.

I wonder what the heck is going on with my downloads. Week 1 and the Graduation week were the only ones that downloaded full length. Actually, the download dialogue box indicates a full download, but the playback is only a few minutes in length for all other weeks? Very strange.

OK Fox FireCracker 5k report:

This is near Appleton WI:

First Annual. SUPER EVENT

Beautiful 67F to stat and about 73F by finish line.

They had pizza, Apple Pie for free afterwards. They even had a Donut stop at the halfway point lol!

Sky Divers came in for the start. Good turnout. Plenty of Patriotic Music.

My time was 29:10

I ACTUALLY overtook people on this one!

This is all possible due to the Couch to 5k program for me.

OK Fox FireCracker 5k report:

This is near Appleton WI:

First Annual. SUPER EVENT

Beautiful 67F to stat and about 73F by finish line.

They had pizza, Apple Pie for free afterwards. They even had a Donut stop at the halfway point lol!

Sky Divers came in for the start. Good turnout. Plenty of Patriotic Music.

My time was 29:10

I ACTUALLY overtook people on this one!

This is all possible due to the Couch to 5k program for me.

That is awesome! I'm getting my husband on board with this starting tomorrow!

I downloaded the coach to 5k and had no problems.
I wonder what the heck is going on with my downloads. Week 1 and the Graduation week were the only ones that downloaded full length. Actually, the download dialogue box indicates a full download, but the playback is only a few minutes in length for all other weeks? Very strange.

Well, I don't know what is wrong with my computer, but I downloaded them fine on my parents'. Go figure!