Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

The stars didn't align for me today. I ended up first forgetting my phone (with the pod cast), went back to the house to get it, got to the gym and realized hubby had taken the earphones out of the car. So, I did the Elliptical and thought I was going to die. Normally I do it with no problem, but 4-5 days off, huge difference. Hopefully I can start back tomorrow and just go every other day and eventually catch up. You guys are all doing awesome - keep up my daily inspiration!

minpinmom- Great job getting back to the gym today. It is tough when you don't feel 100%. But you did it and you now know that you can do it again.

Just going and taking the first step, them the second, then the third and .....

To all of you who what to take a bow, DO IT! Folks will just think it is part of your routine. I love doing arm stretching where I actually pat myself on the back. Self talk is important. Your subconscious listens. You CAN DO THIS!! You DID DO THIS!!! You WILL DO IT AGAIN, and again, and again.

As a wise man has said before me:

Just Freaking Do It!!!!!

I will do my second workout of week one tomorrow.:tongue2: My thighs feel like rubber. When I took my son to soccer conditioning this evening I walked an hour with the other moms. So, I am really feeling it tonight. :wink:

I have been concerned about my arms. I have big bat wings:ohmy: I hope with some weights they won't be too bad. I prefer not to have surgery, but will if needed. I have discovered the "8 minute arm" workout on www.youtube.com The video is from the 90's, you can tell by how they dress, but I was able to do it and it works all the muscles in your arms and shoulders. :wink2: If you search youtube, you can find 8 minute workouts for abs, butt, legs, etc...

Good luck to all, and to all a good night. :blink:

TA DA!!! I DID IT!!! :( Week 1 - 2nd day workout. I am just amazed that I can do this (at least week one) I would have never thought in a million years that I would be running. :)

Keep up the good work everyone. :thumbup:

My surgeon okay'd me today to start lifting my son . I was late and so didn't have a lot of time to talk to him about jogging and he had to leave. I have been walking everyday but would like to start week one today and into next week.

How soon after surgery before you did something like this? I know its 6 weeks before I begin weight lifting, thats fine. I feel okay, no pain, everything seems to be healing wonderful. I plan on taking it slow and if anything hurts at all I will stop. I also will be pushing my son in a jogging stroller. I've been pushing him for the past week without a problem, its very easy to push, less then 10 pounds. I don't know if that makes a difference or not.

Well I got my fill today (wooHoo). I will be on liquids for 3 more days and my dr. doesn't want me to exercise at all till I am on solids again. My Dr. says I don't lose weight as fast because I exercise too much. I find that so hard to follow, but my last time in WW, they said the same thing. Lose a lot of the fat first, then move on to heavy exercise. I will be back next week, starting at week 1 again. I am such the Rebel! Keep me updated as to your progress! And send me "get restriction" thoughts - this was my 5th or 6th fill, I am now at 3CC in a 4CC band. I pray I will finally get restriction!

Haven't been on in a couple days (computer problems) and I sure did miss reading about how everyone is doing! I did week 2 day 1 on Tuesday and will do day 2 tomorrow. I found it to be definately more challenging then week 1, but doable. Today I took a step class. First time trying that and it was fun! I never thought I would be enjoying exercise this much. I must admit though, I am a little nervous about next week having to jog 3 minutes straight! I guess we'll see how it goes.

Great job everyone! Keep posting cause you guys keep me motivated!

Mamato, I love your enthuesiasm(sp) It is your excitement that I needed tonight.

I just finished day 2 of week 2. It was easier than day 1 was. I am actually thinking I MIGHT be able to run 3 minutes straight by next week. I actually found myself quite enjoying my run tonight. I don't recommend waiting until 10p to run, but today was just jam packed and I didn't want to put it off!!

Way to go everyone!! We are going to be some fit running machines!!!!!

mamato,

let me know how you like your step class. I have always loved step aerobics. In the past I have always dropped weight like crazy while stepping!

Speaking of stepping, because I was at an amusement park all day yesterday, I didn't get to do by 5k, doing it today though. I had just went to the same park in May and felt miserable, now almost 20 pounds lighter (but still obese) I felt on top of the world running around the park. Sure the belts were a little snug on some of the rides. I was having some trouble climbing all the steps to get to the top of some of the rides. That was a good reminder on why I need to keep up the exercise. I want to be able to run up the steps like I used to.

looks like everyone is doing great- congrats!!!

did week 3 day 2 and it was ok. I think I'll be able to move to week 4. My heart rate is still getting up there but recovers very quickly (within 30 seconds of stopping).

going to vegas (giving a talk on saturday) so will do week 3, day 3 there. Its always hard for me to stay on plan when I'm traveling and I need to get around that because I travel often for work.

Everyone have a good weekend and keep up the good work!!!!!

Renewed - I hope you know that it was YOUR enthusiasm and success that gave me mine!

Bonnie - I'll let you know how the class goes. I still didn't have all the steps down after the hour last night but I'm assuming it will get better the more I do it.

I wish I could do step. Everyone looks like they are having a good time. Me I just miss the step and fall. My middle name is Grace, LOL.

It's great to have such an enthusiastic group.

my dr. doesn't want me to exercise at all till I am on solids again. My Dr. says I don't lose weight as fast because I exercise too much. I find that so hard to follow,

Yep me too. Keep going. Don't stop. Perhaps you will not lose anything in the next couple of days but you have nothing to lose(but weight) if you keep going. You body will respond. I would look at your diet. If you are restricting yourself too much (under1000) then your body will revolt. If you feeling pain stop. If not keep up the training. Daily.

send me "get restriction" thoughts - this was my 5th or 6th fill, I am now at 3CC in a 4CC band. I pray I will finally get restriction!

Part of this journey is training your mind. Self talk is powerful.

"I will have what I need to progress on this journey"

"I will nurture my body with healthy foods"

"I am improving my overall health with daily exercise"

Good luck!!

Well my friends i meet with a USA Team Triathlon athlete/coach last night and worked out with a group of 6 at our local highschool. We did interval running for an hour. I loved it.

Going to make it a reg Weds night thing i hope.

I just got done reading everyone's post and I fill so inspired! I have to lose 10 lbs before my surgery Aug. 6th and I'm having a terrible time doing it....I have actuly gained 3 lbs not the direction I want to be going in!

I used to be the workout queen! When I quick is when I started packing on the lbs along with having 3 kids!(: It was my last one that did me in!

I will only be able to do it up till my surgery but, I think it's going to help get ready for it. I hope that's ok

~Helen:biggrin: