Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

krtork... thanks! I've seen a few different ones, but wasn't sure if they actually worked. I think this winter is going to be horrible, and I don't want to always run inside... so I think I'll look into these!

Anna... I wish there was one with current music instead of what's offered. If you're running on a treadmill and can keep track of time, then I'd suggest you just create your own mix of songs. If you're running outside, then it becomes more difficult to know when to walk and when to run. That's why I used the podcasts until about week 8 (3rd try of week 5). Once I was just running without the walk intervals, I started using my own music. Much more motivating.

Ok... the stockings are hung by the chimney, the shortbread and gingerbread Cookies are done... just doing the date pecan balls now (Santa's favourite), all the gifts are wrapped, the house is as clean as its going to get, DH is out shopping for a few more stocking stuffers (LOL), the kids are napping, and I'm sittin back enjoying a glass of wine and listening to Christmas music. Ok... I'm ready!

We got dumped on overnight, had about 1-1/2 ft of very wet, heavy, sticky snow in the driveway this morning. So we bundled up the kids and all headed outside to shovel. After about an hour, with only a small dent in the job... 2 young boys came along and we paid them (happily) to help finish the job! OMG... this was the biggest yet. It was fun though. All the neighbours were out chatting, having fun, and helping our ready to pop very pregnant neighbour across the street - her DH is laid up with a bad back! Nice way to spend the day.

Merry Christmas everyone! Have a save and happy holiday!

I have to say, when the last 5 "at home" challengers were being weighed, I was so impressed with their success... and some of them had higher % losses than the actual winner. Interesting!

But part of that is the weird way they measure weight loss. They don't do it as a percentage of excess weight to lose, but as a percentage of your starting weight. So that means people who start really high and are very small so can go down very low, have an advantage over those who don't start as high or who are taller and can't go as low and be healthy.

Anyway, I started Week Four of Couch-to-5K this week. But I do it at the gym and I'm at home for the rest of the week. Should I make myself go out in the cold and jog? I don't think I can!

MacMadame~ Don't know how cold it is where you are, but we were up to the mid to upper-20s yesterday, went out to run and it was great to get out of the house! Dress in layers and enjoy the outdoors!

Merry Christmas to all my C25K buddies!!!!

Take a minute and reflect on the changes in your life since last Christmas. WOW!!!! What a year!!!

Well, it's also raining here... that makes it dark early in the day and I don't think it's safe to run in the dark, especially since I haven't got any reflective tape on my clothes.

Ok, I've put trying this off way to long. I bought a home treadmill and I have all the means to get started but I just was nervous of failing. I had this fear I was too fat to start. But tomorrow I'm going to start. I'm blown away by Whosyourdaddy's faithfulness to exercise and I'm excited to get started tomorrow!

Merry Christmas Friends.

I had the absolute best day at the gym yesterday. I ran 1.5 miles on the treadmill to warm up (4 months ago: I would never have thought of 1.5 miles as a warm up) Then I had my first boxing lesson -loved It, Great core workout. It was fun and recommend it - size doesn't matter. Then I put in 45 minutes with my Persoanl trainer. I told him "I am in the zone today- give all you got." He did! I burned 650 calories!!! I felt spent! I was proud and excited to do it again.

If yo are just starting this program or considering - do it. If you read through the original posts yo will see we were all in he same boat. But we did it and we are all amazed that our little cubby cabooses could move! But we did it.

I love you guys - See ya in the New year. Lynn

Merry Christmas Everyone! It has been a truely wonderful day! We did do the 3 gifts thing, and it really helped keep the day manageable. Usually my DS gets way too overstimulated, so this was just the right balance.

We've been playing most of the day with the gifts... way fun!

I got the Nike+ iPod from my DH!!!! So I'm going to get it all calibrated tonight to see how it works.

Georgia... did you get one? I'd love to create some challenges, but I'm no where near Renewed and Whosya's level. But I'll join in your challenges just to keep motivated.

Welcome all you newcomers. Running has been the best thing I've done since being banded.

BTW... tomorrow is my 18 month bandaversary... and I'm so close to that 100 lbs mark -- won't happen tomorrow, but still very proud of what I've accomplished. What a difference 18 months have made in my life.

Love you all! Merry Christmas.

Kathy, ON the challenge we finished today, Whosya did 43 miles and I did 3. Ok, that is REALLY bad. You will be kickin my butt. I have got to get it in gear.

Anyone who has nike plus and wants to do a challenge pm me your email address and I will see if I can figure out how to set one up!! I am soooo excited. Maybe combined we can beat Whosya. LOL!!

Didn't run yesterday, but I hit the road again today, oh yeah, man does it feel good to get out and move! I love my yak trax - they really keep you from slipping on the ice! It is supposed to warm up the next couple of days, so maybe the roads will thaw.

We also got a Wii and Wii Fit for Christmas. I think I will be using it on my days off - didn't realize how unbalanced I was!

Hello all my C25K buddies! I hope ya'll had a very merry Christmas! It's been a super busy week for me. We had soooo many relatives to meet with this week....but it was worth it, lol. We had a wonderful Christmas!

Kathy, I'm looking forward to doing some Nike+ challenges. Maybe it's just what I need to get motivated again. I haven't ran in over a month now....I'll probably have to start back at the beginning, lol. I'm like you though, not sure I could keep up with Renewed and Whosya....they are running machines, lol.

I'm leaving Sunday and going to Macon for a few days, so I won't be online any until I get back on Tuesday. I already feel like a stranger because I haven't been on here much lately. I hope things calm down a bit after this trip so I can breathe again.

Everyone is doing great....keep it up!!

Kristen... I'm hoping it warms up a bit here to melt some ice too. It's been in the low teens here the last few days, which came just after a heavy snowfall and so all the sidewalks have frozen rutts in them, which make walking on them impossible, forget running. We took the dog for a walk on Christmas Day, and I was scared one of us with break an ankle or something. Right now its warmed up to 45 and might get as high as 50... so I'm really hopeful I can go outside!

I used the Nike+ last night, and it was great. It was fun looking at the analysis afterwards.

Renewed or Whosya... how weather proof is the sensor? I have it in the plastic holder which sits on the top of my shoelaces, which looks like it seals it in. I just don't know if its safe to run in the rain or really wet weather?

Renewed & Georgia... here's a thought, we could create a team challenge of Girls vs. Boys... so the 3 of us vs. Whosya. We then might have a chance to beat him! LOL, only kidding Whosya...

I am getting serious about this C25k thing. It has been a thorn in my side since summer time. I have never mastered week 4 because of 1. lack of commitment. 2. All that varicose vein surgery and treatment. 3. lazy, lazy, lazy. I am off to the treadmill. Wish me luck!!!