Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 days post op......

oooh is that all??? I seem to have been here forever!!

Achey pain in my shoulders so I'm not sleeping more than an hour at a time.

The worst bit........I haven't had a cigarette since monday morning 8am...and they won't let me out to have one!! Argh!

All I've had so far is Water and fruit tea....

Home tomorrow ...it'll be good to be back in my own bed!

Amanda

xx

Congratulations Amanda!

The pain in the shoulder is most likely gas. They pump usually pump your stomach with gas for the lap-band surgery and the gas bubbles get stuck in your shoulders. It hurt me like hell for a few days!!

As a smoker I can surely relate lol. I remember having this crazy idea of sneaking out with with my IV and all to the smoking area in the lobby. I made it at the end of the day without one.

What helped me recover was walking around as much as I was able. It helps with the gas pains as well.

Hi Alex...yes I've read about it prob being Gas....seems worse when I've been laying down a while.

Been up and about for about an hour so feeling ok now.

As I'm in Prague we have a bit of a language barrier thing going on here

I say cigarette..they say no......But I'm determined to get at least one in my lungs today!!!

Amanda

Hang in there Amanda! We had our surgeries the same day and I can feel your pain! Although I don't smoke I know alot of people that do and it's tough! Just keep your head up and keep walking! It is great to walk and walk and walk!

Hiya Fellow 16ther Jenn!!

How you feeling today.

I've had a shower...washed my hair and even had half a tub of yogurt.....but still feeling ok.

I think I might tell the nurses I want to go for a walk outside

(ah ha....cigarette thinking again lol)

Hi Amanda

Glad you're well minus the shoulder pain. Stay strong re the cigarettes. It probably won't feel so good swallowing the air that will inevitably go down your stomach. Plus you will heal slower. Might as well try to see if you can stay off them. As a reformed smoker I know that if I hadn't take the opportunity to quit when I did i would still be on them and sometimes now it's hard, especially if I've been drinking.

Hi Amanda

Glad you're well minus the shoulder pain. Stay strong re the cigarettes. It probably won't feel so good swallowing the air that will inevitably go down your stomach. Plus you will heal slower. Might as well try to see if you can stay off them. As a reformed smoker I know that if I hadn't take the opportunity to quit when I did i would still be on them and sometimes now it's hard, especially if I've been drinking.

I begged and pleaded but they won't let me out for one!!

I can't stay off them....I'll no longer have food...I'll need my cigarettes!!

Hiya Fellow 16ther Jenn!!

How you feeling today.

I've had a shower...washed my hair and even had half a tub of yogurt.....but still feeling ok.

I think I might tell the nurses I want to go for a walk outside

(ah ha....cigarette thinking again lol)

I'm feeling great! I've had some cream Soup, lots of Water, and a milk shake. I got a shower today too! Boy its nice to feel human again!! The walking is wonderful! I really think that the more you walk the faster/better you'll heal! I agree with Grey, maybe you should try to take advantage of the not smoking and stick with it! It really does slow down your healing process. But don't get discouraged! I'm sure you'll get it eventually! So when do you get to go home?

I'm feeling great! I've had some cream Soup, lots of Water, and a milk shake. I got a shower today too! Boy its nice to feel human again!! The walking is wonderful! I really think that the more you walk the faster/better you'll heal! I agree with Grey, maybe you should try to take advantage of the not smoking and stick with it! It really does slow down your healing process. But don't get discouraged! I'm sure you'll get it eventually! So when do you get to go home?

I keep walking round the ward..but it's not very big so no where to go really.

I go home tomorrow...but don't fly til 5 in the afternoon. And with the time difference it'll mean I get home to my bed about 7pm!

Bet you're home already aren't you?

Hi

I also had my band on Monday. Feeling great ,again except the shoulder pain, wondering how i will get all my liquids in but trying hard, Got my nails done today! (maybe pushing it a bit but I feel good)

Mimieg

Yeah I am home Amanda! Hang in there!!

How fun you got your nails done mimieg! thats a treat for my first mini goal! I have yet to have any gas pains, I have been walking every hour though, unless I'm sleeping! So I think that has helped a ton!

Hi

I also had my band on Monday. Feeling great ,again except the shoulder pain, wondering how i will get all my liquids in but trying hard, Got my nails done today! (maybe pushing it a bit but I feel good)

Mimieg

Hiya Mimieg,

My shoulder pain has gone now....hadn't realised until I just read this lol

Lucky you having your nails done...would love mine done!!

Amanda

Yeah I am home Amanda! Hang in there!!

How fun you got your nails done mimieg! thats a treat for my first mini goal! I have yet to have any gas pains, I have been walking every hour though, unless I'm sleeping! So I think that has helped a ton!

Hiya Jenn....

Last day today...hooray I'm going home!!

The driver will be picking me up in 4 hours...might have a little sleep before then.

I got my cigarette yesterday!!

The physio came to see me and told me I was well enough to go for a walk by the river....I was out there in about 30 seconds ....but had to come back cos I realised I still had my slippers on!!

Was out there this morning too....sat in the sunshine reading a book and watching the boats go by...LOVELY!

I'm just drinking my 1st cup of english tea. How good does this taste! I've been on fruit tea all week....real tea is now such a luxury :rolleyes2:

Amanda

x

hello again

walking definately helps the gas get better

Just got up day 4 post band feeling good so far

Today I plan to rest and try to get enough fluids in i fell a little short of my goal yesterday of 40 oz (lucky if i got in 24) so that is what i will wrok on today. have agreat day everyone

mimieg

Real tea sounds wonderful Amanda! Glad that you got to go by the river and relax a little! And hooray for going home!!! let us know when you get there!! how are you feeling?