Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello all,

I am new to this so sorry in advance. I just got my date last week and although I have been anxiously waiting for this I think I am getting nervous. As I read about the pre-op and post-op liquid diet.... That is what makes me nervous. I don't think I will have a problem eating healthy after all this liquid stuff. I was just reading some post and one of them referred to the shakes as liquid poop. EEEEWW! Is anyone else having a case of the nervous nelly's?

Mrs G:scared2:

Being nervous is normal. I never had any surgeries prior to the lap band surgery. So picture the mess I was! As for the liquid diets, it's hard I'm not gonna lie but you'll get threw it, it's not the end of the world. The Protein Shakes do take a little bit nasty because the doctor tells you to mix them with water(my doctor does. Don't know about the others) to avoid adding on extra weight due to mixing with milk. Over all you'll be fine, it's part of the process and part of your weight loss journey

Hello all,

I am new to this so sorry in advance. I just got my date last week and although I have been anxiously waiting for this I think I am getting nervous. As I read about the pre-op and post-op liquid diet.... That is what makes me nervous. I don't think I will have a problem eating healthy after all this liquid stuff. I was just reading some post and one of them referred to the shakes as liquid poop. EEEEWW! Is anyone else having a case of the nervous nelly's?

Mrs G:scared2:

My surgery date is the 15th as well. We'll have to lend one another support. I'm a little nervous---but very ready to get started. Good luck. Penny

My surgery date is the 15th as well. We'll have to lend one another support. I'm a little nervous---but very ready to get started. Good luck. Penny

Where are you in your process? I am going tomorrow for pre-op lab work and to see a dietician. I guess that part is for the pre-op diet. It is amazing how the closer the surgery gets the worse my memory gets.... after doing several months of research. Probably nerves but I am so excited. :angry:

The shakes aren't sooo bad. :redface: You actually get used to them. I also made mine with Water - cold water (tasted better than just cool water or room tempature water). I just bought a blender yesterday for after surgery and used it to make my shakes today (was just well shaking them up) and boy does making them in a blender make a huge difference.

I have had one minor surgery (tubal) and must admit I am nervous too. To be honest the whole things has not really hit me just yet. I am leaving for Mexico tomorrow and surgery on Wed. I will be glad when I am heading home :)

I have already done my required nutrition class. My doctor doesn't require a pre-op diet, thank goodness. Just one day of Clear Liquids on the day prior to surgery. As far as I know, the only thing I have left to complete before the day of surgery is my final consultation with the surgeon on the 10th. I hate to admit it, but I am spending a lot of time cooking. I keep thinking of things that I love that I may not be able to have again for a long, long time, so I just cook them. I have also been working really hard organizing and cleaning my house. (A lot like the nesting stage before having a baby!) I want to come home to a clean, neat, organized house and be able to relax. With all the things I'm trying to do before surgery date, the time is really going very quickly.

Hey there i'm scheduled for the 15th of July as well and i'm getting nervous. I have had numerous surgeries for different things but this seems to be different though. This one effects what I eat and how I eat, and at times I get confused so i'm right there with you... I luckily don't have a pre op diet only liquids for 2 days before surgery but I am gearing up for this believe me... Best of Luck to you and keep me posted on things.

Wow is it just me or is the 15th coming pretty quick? I have been on a diet of two Protein Shakes and one meal (4oz Protein 1/2 cup veg)for 10 days now. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Doc recomended Atkins shakes and they are actually pretty good. How long do your docs have you on the mushies after surg? Mine has me on them for two weeks. I see alot of cottage cheese meals in my future.

I thought it would never get here--now I'm thinking, "I wish I had done this or that before now--or eaten this or that before now." I'm really very excited and ready to have it behind me. I started this process back in August of last year, and it is finally becoming a reality. I think my family and friends are a little tired of hearing about it. My post-op diet is as follows:

clear liquids until day 4

full liquids from day 4-14

mushies from day 14-28

regular food after day 28

I keep sitting down to make a grocery list, and I can't even wrap my brain around only liquids. I want to come home from surgery and be fully stocked on everything I might need, but I don't know where to begin. My nutrition class teacher strongly recommends Carnation Instant Breakfast with no added sugar. I will also be able to add whey Protein even in the first three days, so that should help take the edge off of the hunger. I'm excited and nervous.

The shakes aren't sooo bad. :confused: You actually get used to them. I also made mine with Water - cold Water (tasted better than just cool water or room tempature water). I just bought a blender yesterday for after surgery and used it to make my shakes today (was just well shaking them up) and boy does making them in a blender make a huge difference.

I have had one minor surgery (tubal) and must admit I am nervous too. To be honest the whole things has not really hit me just yet. I am leaving for Mexico tomorrow and surgery on Wed. I will be glad when I am heading home :lol:

Have you lost all 14 pounds since surgery, or was part of it pre-op? That's great!

Wow is it just me or is the 15th coming pretty quick? I have been on a diet of two Protein shakes and one meal (4oz Protein 1/2 cup veg)for 10 days now. It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was going to be. Doc recomended Atkins shakes and they are actually pretty good. How long do your docs have you on the mushies after surg? Mine has me on them for two weeks. I see alot of cottage cheese meals in my future.

What kind of Protein Shakes do you use? I want to have several types on hand next week.

I'm sorry I haven't been on in awhile. I am drinking Atkins shakes. The doc said I could try some of the shakes you mix but they had to meet a certain specifications. I used to do slim fast powder skaes ALONG time ago and they aleays tasted chalky so I figured pre-mixed was for me.

Pen what time are you scheduled for surgery

tomorrow? Hospital just called and moved me up from 3 til 12. I feel like I have finally reached the top of a big rollercoaster. I recon tomorrow wil be me WEEEEEEEEEE day I guess.

I'm sorry I directed the what time question to just Pen that question goes out to all my fellow 15th buddies. What is everyone doing tonight? Cleaning, worrying, packing? Me I recon I will pack my couple of items. But I'm like a kid @ Christmas I probably won't be able to sleep much tonite so I will probably be playing on the computer.

I'll be cleaning you know doing the laundry mopping floors, all the normal household chores. As well as getting the kids things together and making a list for nana so she knows what to do with them... Can't wait for tomorrow though!!! Good luck to the rest of you and I will be thinking of all of you...