Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Welll...I think my Dr. finally got me in the "GREEN" zone...but leaning also to the "RED" zone:confused:. Two chicken nuggets and I am done....is this too tight?? Lost 8 pounds in 6 days though!:blink::thumbup: I feel bulemic for the first time in my life.... if we go out to dinner I have to be close to the bathroom in case of regurgitation:thumbdown:

I too started feeling real restriction after my 3rd fill (6cc's in 10cc band). I have to really eat slowly, chew thoroughly and manage portions. sounds to me thats how the band should work, and I can still manage to eat about 1/2 cup of food or so per sitting, which I think is about right...

I haven't had any fills yet (will get mine on 6/12) But thats how I felt for the first 4 weeks after surgery and I sooooo miss it.

Sounds just like how the band is suppose to work to me. I think what people tolerate and the amount changes with each fill for some people so each time I think it takes time and changes to get used to the new fill.

Good luck! I can't wait to be where you are : )

Eh, I don't think you should be expecting to get stuck....or feeling bulemic. That type of behavior can lead to a slipped band if you keep it up.

Sounds like you need to concentrate a little more on what you're eating. I doubt you're too tight, but chicken nuggets just may not be in the cards in your future. I know very few bandies who can eat fried ANYTHING....much less dry chicken. I've found that with chicken nuggets (or anything FRIED or FAST food for that matter) gets me stuck every time. Stick to grilled/baked/broiled lean meats...go for sauces to help them to be slick, take small bites, and chew chew chew.

After meat, go to your veggies, but stay away from the stringy ones like asparagus--they don't go down well for me.

Hope this helps!

i just had my 2nd fill this weekend which brought me up to 5.3 in a 10cc band. yesterday was my first day back to eating solids and it didn't go very well. i had 2 of the small slim jim's and spend the remainder of the evening PB'ing. i was still hungry so i had 4 almonds and i PB'd those too. today for lunch i grabbed 1/4 of a deli sandwich from a luncheon at work and ate 3 small bites. i've kept it down but i keep burping. is that normal? i hope i'm not too filled because i'm 4 hours away from my doctor! i have to admit... it does feel nice to have restriction!!

Hi Kalipso - yes, agree, restriction is nice (that's why we get banded). Hopefully, your not too tight - try "softer" Proteins, like fish or hamburger meat and see how they do for you. Some foods are tougher than others and is different from person to person. Try each new food slowly and dont eat too much and wait to see how your band handles it. Remember, you still should be able to eat without pb'ing....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• ChunkCat

I have no clue where to upload this, so I'll put it here. This is pre-op vs the morning of my 6 month appointment! In office I weight 232, that's 88 lbs down since my highest weight, 75 lbs since my surgery weight! I can't believe this jacket fit... I am smaller now than the last time I was this size which the surgeon found really amusing. He's happy with where I am in my weight loss and estimates I'll be around 200 lbs by my 1 year anniversary! My lowest weight as an adult is 195, so that's pretty damn exciting to think I'll be near that at a year. Everything from there will be unknown territory!!

· 3 replies
      1. AmberFL

You look amazing!!! 😻 you have been killing it!

2. NickelChip

Congratulations! You're making excellent progress and looking amazing!

3. BabySpoons

So proud of you Cat. Getting into those smaller size clothes is half the fun isn't it?. Keep up the good work!!!!

• BeanitoDiego

I changed my profile image to a molecule of protein. Why? Because I am certain that it saved my life.
      · 1 reply
      1. BabySpoons

That's brilliant! You've done amazing!! I should probably think about changing my profile picture at some point. Mine is the doll from Squid Games. Ironically the whole premise of the show is about dodging death. We've both done that...

• eclarke

Two years out. Lost 120 , regained 5 lbs. Recently has a bout of Norovirus, lost 7 pounds in two days. Now my stomach feels like it did right after my surgery. Sore, sensitive to even water.  Anyone out there have a similar experience?
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Eve411

April Surgery
      Am I the only struggling to get weight down. I started with weight of 297 and now im 280 but seem to not lose more weight. My nutrtionist told me not to worry about the pounds because I might still be losing inches. However, I do not really see much of a difference is this happen to any of you, if so any tips?
      Thanks
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Well recovering from gallbladder removal was a lot like recovering from the modified duodenal switch surgery, twice in 4 months yay 🥳😭. I'm having to battle cravings for everything i shouldn't have, on top of trying to figure out what happens after i eat something. Sigh, let me fast forward a couple of months when everyday isn't a constant battle and i can function like a normal person again! 😞
      · 1 reply
      1. kezbeth

I may have to have gall bladder surgery during my weight loss surgery. Not thrilled about it either but do not want 2 recovery times. Just want it over with.

Thanks for your post. I may need to rethink my decision... :(

• Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches