Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month weight loss progress  

1 member has voted

1. 1. 6 month weight loss progress

• I've gained
    • zero - nadda - zip - zilch
    • 0-10
    • 10-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100 (well it could happen for some!)

I've lost 60lbs so far, as of this morning, woo! It hasn't been 6 months yet, so I'm going to hold off on the poll until it's closer to the 26th.

I have lost 56 pounds (pounds sounds so much better than kgs!!)

I have to say i am pleased with my results so far.

When i first had my surgery done i decided i wanted to lose 77 pounds by xmas ... at this rate, that will be well achieved by that date.

i went shopping today, brought some lovely new clothes (well i go shopping often now) however as i was trying them on i was so certain that the sizing must have been wrong haha ... it was like ... there is no way i should fit this size! Great feeling!!!

Good morning everybody. Congratulations on the great losses I see. You are all doing well. My weight is very slow going now but is moving in the right direction. I have had trouble with reflux for the past 3 weeks. I met my Doctor at the hospital last Monday for a looksee under the fluroscope. He thought he would have to do a slight unfill but was amazed to find out I was really very open. He also checked out my esophagus and found nothing out of the ordinary. So he prescribed a soluable Prevacid and said no steak, no bread, no raw veggies and fruits. The raw stuff was really giving me problems even though they were small bites chewed well. I also seem to be having problems with tomatoey stuff. Actually, the reflux is something I have dealt with my entire life. Luckily I am not hungry between meals and I am not eating more than 1/2 to 1 cup of food. I have to get things to settle down before I will attempt another fill. As long as the scale moves downward I am happy. I have the rest of my life to get off my remaining weight. I am so much more mobile than before I started dieting 16 months ago. I actually went outlet shopping the other day with friends and walked the entire day. We were gone 7 hours. Three months ago I would have had to use my scooter. That's improvement.

Everyone is doing so great. It is so much fun seeing everyone get smaller. Woo hoo!

I have very exciting news! I am in ONEderland!!!! I cannot believe that I have lost 50 pounds since the surgery. There is no way I am going back. I feel GREAT! Blood sugar is normal....I can walk around the block without the hip pain I used to feel....I can cross my legs....People compliment me every day. This is an amazing tool. Sometimes I HATE my band...but what it has done for me is something I could never do for myself. God knows I tried so many times. I feel like I'm just starting to live!!!

Hot damn!

I am also so glad I had it done. It is a pain sometimes when I really want to eat something and cant. But it is such a great feeling seeing the weight come off for good.

Way to go. I can only imagine how good that must feel. I am slowly counting down to Onderland myself. I have a ways to go though. I hope to be there by mid to late summer.

This has been a good week. I have lost 3 pounds in the past 7 days. The Prilosec is working - no more heartburn. I also am trying to be very conscious of how much I am eating and chewing. The doctor said I was wide open but I am only eating about a cup a meal and I am not hungry between meals. I will wait for a 3rd fill until I stop losing or get hungry.

Making good food choices is not a problem for me.

Congratulations on making it to onederland! It just started to hit me that I may be there soon. I have 16 pounds to go before I'm there. I don't think I've been in the 100s since I was like 12. Agh!

Katie, I have 14 pounds to go. Maybe we can work on it at the same time. I want to Celebrate when I get there and I haven't thought of an appropriate celebration yet.

Let's do it, sghatl! But uh, how long do you think we should shoot for?

I lose fairly slowly Katiebug but this week I have lost 4 pounds, a pound a day the past 3 days. Who'd have thunk it. I have set a goal of 8/1/08 to reach Onderland. What do you think? I now have 13 pounds to go.

That sounds reasonable. I'm going through a losing phase too.

I posted in the six months, should have been five. I was thinking in terms of months and not surgery dates. Sorry. So far, 47lb. loss with 5 month bandiversary on the 18th. Hopefully 60lb. loss by July 18th.

Everyone is doing so well. Keep up the good work.