Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

6 month weight loss progress  

1 member has voted

1. 1. 6 month weight loss progress

• I've gained
    • zero - nadda - zip - zilch
    • 0-10
    • 10-20
    • 21-30
    • 31-40
    • 41-50
    • 51-60
    • 61-70
    • 71-80
    • 81-90
    • 91-100 (well it could happen for some!)

I was banded on 12/18 and as of 6/18 I lost 58 pounds. And....I just spent two weeks on vacation in Spain and Portugal where I only gained 2 pounds and then lost them and two more four days after my return!.

I dont know about anyone else but for me the weight is just dropping off. Of course I think I have hit my sweet spot. Which I LOVE.

I do carry peanuts with me everywhere. because if I get too hungry I tend to get stuck. So If I find I am hungry and cant eat for another 20 minutes or more I hust have a small handfull of peanuts and I am good to wait for as long as it takes to get to a real meal.

It seems to be working for me. lol

Do you think I could lose 7lbs in two days? I almost thought I would make it to Onederland by my six month weigh in, but now I'm not so sure. It's okay. I just want to lose as much as I can by Thursday. Haha, weigh ins make me nervous.

Hey Katie I know the feeling trust me. My 6 months was 06/20/2008 and when I hit the scale that morning I was 200.4 that really pissed me off but at least im close. I feel your pain. I have tried to move the scale to a different tile on the bathroom floor everytime I wiegh in (which is daily) thinking it will make a diff. Yeah right. Not sure about my sweet spot but at least I can eat again. I had a fill 04/09 and am just now able to eat solids (somedays). Good Luck take care.......

Wow, Katiebug. You are really moving along quickly. I am at 211 now - only lost 2 pounds since I last checked in. I was on vacation all of last week so I am happy. 2 pounds a week is my average right now. Keep up the good work and you will be there before you know it.

Two more pounds gone - 209. I am on the final countdown to Onederland. I am getting excited.

OOOPPPPS Yesterday was my 6 month bandiversary, but I forgot to reply.

I'm down 54#s and happy as could be. This past month my son got married and then I spent a week in Vegas, and I still lost weight. I'm at peace with myself/weight for the first time. You know if it were not for this band...I would have GAINED weight after all the special EATING/drinking events going on recently. Especially after being on a restricted caloric intake for the previous 5 months. That what always happens. Two steps forward and 1 step back, until I got so discouraged that I gave up. I said it before...this band really does hold your place until you are ready to start losing again. (I read that somewhere a while ago) I'M READY TO START LOSING AGAIN.

Today, well if I post this in the next 60 seconds, anyway 06/27/08 is my six months anniversary since being banded and I have hit the 88 pound mark gone!!! Since 3/15/08 I have lost a total of 43 inches from all over on the main measuring spots that I measured.

Band life has been such a blessing to me, and I can't not wait to get the next 50 pounds off, and I should be at or close to goal.

I do have to add that I think exercise has played a very important part of my success.

Keep up the great work everybody, I love reading how everyone else is doing.

Need to update tracker. Haven't done that in a while.

Have a great day!:)

I never would have thought I could be in ONEDERLAND by my six month Bandiversary.I'M THERE. 199 today and 6 month isn't till 6/26/08. Congrats to all on all your losses. No regrets at all. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Everyone, keep up the good work.:thumbs_up::tt1::biggrin2::biggrin::thumbup::eek:

Bah!! I rested on my laurels for the month of June...boo me! On 1st June, I was at 47lb down and all excited because the weight was starting to move quickly, so what did I do? Promptly stopped going to the gym every night and slacked off entirely! :lol: The result? Here I am on 1 July and only 4lb down in the whole month, GRR!!! Serves me damn right - I going back to the gym tonight!!!

Oh Fanny . . . hang in there . . .I swear I walked 12 miles this weekend (literally) . . . and all I have to show for it is .5 lb . . . you are doing great! Our bodies just like to show us who is boss :lol:

Good morning all, I am not and have never been the type of person to brag on myself (never had the self esteem) but damn it today is the day!!!!!!!!!!! I have hit wonderland 198….. 60 lbs gone forever. 11 days past my 6 month goal but oh well. More good news I was self pay so that 8,000 that was haunting me on my credit card was paid off in full TODAY. So go figure I haven’t been able to eat (cranky) and have been broke (surgery). I can now see that the light at the end of the tunnel wasn’t a train. I just had to share with someone. MY SURGERY IS PAID OFF IN FULL YES………