Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

1 wsw27

2 minidriver

2 slim2be

2 BethO

2 mrsgriffin2u

2 SanDiegoSusan

3 BigBander

8 blaze 21

8 Louisville Lesa

8 zeama

9 Sarv

9 MarylandMommy

9 siouxsie Sioux

9 Lalaredd

11 wstone

14 MaidMarion

15 Fearless55

16 eyespy

16 lynlynkr

22 zillyanne

22 TeriVA

22 kimaly

24 nyllrap

24 linksmom

25 Kiki220

28 splfrd

29 Cherub

29 Chellets

Okay. I just need a little common sense confirmation. Originally, I was going to have my surgery in June, but last year in June my father died due to complications from heart bypass surgery. So, I opted for July. I wasn't really thinking anything about it until my mother gasped at having it in June.

Now, I just realized that the date of my surgery--July 16--is the same date that one of my close friends from high school died. I'm not really that superstitious, but it did take me back for a minute. I know everything will be fine, but since my father's death, I know that things you never would have imagined to ask about can happen.

I have been preparing for the surgery--practicing my chewing, trying out Protein Shakes, reminding myself of the changes I will need to make, etc. But, I am not really focusing on the surgery at all so I don't get too excited or nervous.

On a more sane note, I would really like some information on the conference in October if anyone has that.

Thanks.

I'm not very superstitions but I just realized that my mom died in August of '88 and my dad died in August of '98 and I would probably not schedule my surgery for August of '08! So I actually can understand your hesitation. But I would reverse the question - do you know of anyone in your circle who has died on the anniversary of someone else's death? If so, maybe you should be nervous, but if not what are the odds of dying the same day as someone you cared about dying? My guess is that odds of dying the same day as someone else you knew are far lower than the odds of dying any other day, so maybe you are statistically better off having your surgery that day?!?!

:biggrin2: Ok, there is actually a whole lot of false logic in that, as there is in any superstition too. But you do have to consider these things because the power of the mind is huge and if you psych yourself into believing that something can be dangerous it does make it more dangerous. And the reverse is true, if you believe you will survive, you will have little pain, you will recover quickly, etc., it is more likely that those things will happen.

This surgery has a very low mortality rate and most of that is from complications such as drug reactions or infections. Do some research and see if that makes you feel any better. But ultimately, this is your body, your surgery and your decision. If you are not comfortable with a date then change it, ASAP so the surgeon can move someone into your place. Just make sure you are not trying to find excuses to put off the surgery. If you are truly not ready for the surgery then admit that to yourself and make your decisions from there – maybe you just need more time to alter your life this way. In any case, YOU have to decide what is best for you.

Good luck and let us know what you decide!

Okay. I just need a little common sense confirmation. Originally, I was going to have my surgery in June, but last year in June my father died due to complications from heart bypass surgery. So, I opted for July. I wasn't really thinking anything about it until my mother gasped at having it in June.

Now, I just realized that the date of my surgery--July 16--is the same date that one of my close friends from high school died. I'm not really that superstitious, but it did take me back for a minute. I know everything will be fine, but since my father's death, I know that things you never would have imagined to ask about can happen.

I have been preparing for the surgery--practicing my chewing, trying out Protein Shakes, reminding myself of the changes I will need to make, etc. But, I am not really focusing on the surgery at all so I don't get too excited or nervous.

On a more sane note, I would really like some information on the conference in October if anyone has that.

Thanks.

Theres a thread on it (Lap Band convention) by coachcher. It's in oct. if you go to her blog you can register hope this helps

your message makes me feel a little better. I'm a new jersey state employee with BCBS and was wondering if I would have any problems getting approved. I think my BMI is 46, so hopefully I will be okay. :ohmy:

Good luck to you!

I am getting really nervous and excited. Im heading in July18th!

:ohmy:

july 2nd here too

actually live in new jersey, but my doctors and the hospital are in delaware. starting to get a little nervous, just got my surgery date last week....they said hows about July 1st....I thought to myself, jeez, no barbecue :lol:lol so I said how about the following week and ended up with July 10th....r u excited to go to Mexico? spending any extra time there?

Who made the list? I want to be added to the list, please. I am scheduled for July 2nd. :biggrin2:

1 wsw27

2 minidriver

2 slim2be

2 BethO

2 mrsgriffin2u

2 SanDiegoSusan

3 BigBander

8 blaze 21

8 Louisville Lesa

8 zeama

9 Sarv

9 MarylandMommy

9 siouxsie Sioux

9 Lalaredd

11 wstone

14 MaidMarion

15 Fearless55

16 eyespy

16 lynlynkr

22 zillyanne

22 TeriVA

22 kimaly

24 nyllrap

24 linksmom

25 Kiki220

28 splfrd

29 Cherub

29 Chellets

Hi Mel,

I'm scheduled for July 11th also. Be looking forward to checking in after we have our surgeries.

Waynette

I've been lurking for a long time but this is my first post. My surgery date is 7/7! Nervous, excited...all the same things you guys seem to be feeling.

Surgeon is Tersigni in Coos Bay, OR.

So add me to the list!