Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Who's Getting Banded in July?

They have conferences? Wow, how fun! I think I might try to work out but I am soooo tired all the time. Thought if I worked out before I go it may help me get better soon. My date is July 4th but still 2 weeks is better than nothing. Has any one esle done this to get ready?

coach cher has a blog about it, sounds like alot of fun and alot of info. I think I'm going I'll know for sure next week.

July 8th, is my scheduled date. Im still in the "this is the last time to eat this (fill in the blank), before I start to deprive myself.

Joiful, Where in mexico? I'm the 22, in Juarez. I know what you are saying about comming up with the money, I'm paying all at one time out of pocket.(hubby lovin it lol) I'm sure it will be worth it.

Im going to Juarez too. I still have to keep looking so many places were mentioned I forget. Yep, its Juarez, Dr. Natera. July 8th. Hospital Star Medica. Im not sure it will be worth it, but I felt I had to try something to get me going on a plan to lose. Im self pay too.

Flowers, that will be here before you know it, keep us up dated. i think it will be worth it, I'm at that failure is not an option point.

Orea 15, I'm from VA. also windsor, ever heard of it?

I am July 9th.

1 wsw27

2 minidriver

2 slim2be

2 BethO

2 mrsgriffin2u

2 SanDiegoSusan

3 BigBander

8 blaze 21

8 Louisville Lesa

8 zeama

9 Sarv

9 MarylandMommy

9 siouxsie Sioux

9 Lalaredd

11 wstone

14 MaidMarion

15 Fearless55

16 eyespy

22 zillyanne

22 TeriVA

22 kimaly

24 nyllrap

24 linksmom

25 Kiki220

28 splfrd

29 Cherub

29 Chellets

Okay. I just need a little common sense confirmation. Originally, I was going to have my surgery in June, but last year in June my father died due to complications from heart bypass surgery. So, I opted for July. I wasn't really thinking anything about it until my mother gasped at having it in June.

Now, I just realized that the date of my surgery--July 16--is the same date that one of my close friends from high school died. I'm not really that superstitious, but it did take me back for a minute. I know everything will be fine, but since my father's death, I know that things you never would have imagined to ask about can happen.

I have been preparing for the surgery--practicing my chewing, trying out Protein Shakes, reminding myself of the changes I will need to make, etc. But, I am not really focusing on the surgery at all so I don't get too excited or nervous.

On a more sane note, I would really like some information on the conference in October if anyone has that.

Thanks.

I'm July 22nd too at 9:30 in San Fransisco with Dr. Cirangle.

Can't wait! One month from tomorrow!

Lalaredd, can you put me on your list. I just want to see my name there. lynlynkr July 16th. Thanks.:ohmy:

Alysa, keep your surgery date. There is every chance your surgery will go perfectly, and then you can turn July into a month of celebration instead of grief, as you look back each year and see what you've accomplished, and the wonderful changes in your life. :ohmy:

Blessings,

Orea

me too!! Surgery date is July 10th at St. Francis in Delaware anyone looking for a buddy that is having surgery around the same time....would love to hear from ya!! Good Luck all!!

Edited by melmel

YEAH! I'm getting banded July 10 in Mexico! I'm so excited and nervous. I'd be very interested to hear from others who have had their surgeries by Dr. Ortiz, and, of course, all of you who will be banded before me. I'm feeling impatient. :ohmy: