Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

The doctor's office called in my prescriptions today so that I'd have everything waiting when I get back home on Saturday. I've got pills for pain, anxiety, and sleep. It sounds like he expects me to be a wreck! I think if I take all this stuff at once I'll really be in la-la land. Maybe that will be a good thing for the first few days back home.

Kat & Karey, did you need all this kind of stuff?

Hey ladies...I wanted to let you know that my doc suggested stool softners (I know ...wonderful conversation starter!) for after surgery because of what pain meds can do to you!

Are your pain meds pills? That was the only thing my lap-band doc required, was that my pain meds be liquds...and I am unfilled!

Frangi and Becky, I just wanted to wish you both the best with your PS, I will be anxiously awaiting your updates as you feel up to it, as I know many others will be too. Thank you both for sharing your journey with everyone. I am in the beginning of my journey and am learning so much from the both of you. Take care and sending the healing vibes your ways!!!!

Thank you so much for your support and kind words Go J :blink::smile::smile: !!!! Keep sending those vibes, I'm sure that by the end of the week we'll be needing them!!!

The doctor's office called in my prescriptions today so that I'd have everything waiting when I get back home on Saturday. I've got pills for pain, anxiety, and sleep. It sounds like he expects me to be a wreck! I think if I take all this stuff at once I'll really be in la-la land. Maybe that will be a good thing for the first few days back home.

Kat & Karey, did you need all this kind of stuff?

Becky, it sounds like your Dr. did a good job making sure you're covered after you are released from the hospital. I'm sure it's great to have everything you might need on hand just in case...........

Hey ladies...I wanted to let you know that my doc suggested stool softners (I know ...wonderful conversation starter!) for after surgery because of what pain meds can do to you!

Are your pain meds pills? That was the only thing my lap-band doc required, was that my pain meds be liquds...and I am unfilled!

Thank you so much for the excellent suggestions Salsa :thumbup:!

Well everyone, I'm headed up to Miami later on this afternoon. I still have some things to do before I leave so I'm not sure if I will be checking back in today or not, but if not, I will check in tomorrow.

Thanks again everyone for all the wonderful encouragement and advice!!!

Edited by Frangipani

My pain meds were in pill form, but my band Dr. had no issue with that. I had 2 forms of basically the same medication. I was given Demerol for pain, due to many drug allergies. The demerol itself is a small quickly dissolving tablet. For the first 3 days though he gave me a capsule of Mepergan Fortes. It too is Demerol, but has some Phenergen in with it to ward off nausea. I took it the first day, then went to the tablets---it made me incredibly sleepy!!

Other than that, I just had my pain ball pump, that worked for 48 hours.

My surgeon also suggested the stool softner. He said to begin with a small dose on a regular basis, and it should keep Constipation from being a problem, and it worked---that was not an issue. I did not take as much as was printed on the bottle, I did one in the morning and one at night while I was on the pain meds. Kept things workin' just fine!!! Excellent point though as straining, is not an option----you want those muscles to remain relaxed, and heal in the taut way the Dr. stitches them.

Have a safe trip---and check in!! We will have you in our thoughts!!

Kat

I'm so excited for you both! My prayers and positive thoughts are with you! I did not have anxiety medication, but would have loved some on the day of surgery. I was so scared my blood pressure was 150, it's normally around 100! I also didn't have sleeping medication. I found that the pain medication made me sleeping anyway. I guess I would fill the meds and use them if you need them. My only recommendaton, is that you stay on top of your pain and use the pain meds at regular intervals for 3 or 4 days and then experiment with going off them. The pain pump is good and I'm sure you're going to be fairly comfortable. Flatlands here you come!

Good Luck and I'll be thinking of you both. I will be leaving for vacation friday and wont have computer acess for 2 weeks...

Can't wait to get back and check in on your wonderful transformations!!!

The real count down begins girls!! My thoughts and best wishes are with you both. It was great to talk to you Frangi!!

Thinking about you two...... sending out good vibes *************

Can't wait to hear how things are going.

Laura

DANCING BANANAS FOR BECKY AND FRANGI!! YOU HAVE ALL OUR POSITIVE THOUGHTS!!

:Banane42::Banane42::Banane42::Banane42::):smilingface (52)::cool2::smilingface (52)::w00t::Banane21::lol::Banane21::Banane08::Banane08::Banane08::Banane08::Banane09::Banane09::Banane09::Banane09::):Banane11::Banane11:

Hi Everyone!

Wow, I just signed on and saw all the lovely messages!!! Thanks everyone!!! You're wonderful!!!

Shalee you have a great vacation too!!!

I am a bit pressed for time today and will respond to everyone in more detail later. I didn't get to my hotel until 4:00 AM. I will spare you the details, but everything that could have gone wrong did go wrong on the way here. However, I finally made it and everything is fine now.

I visited with the Dr. this morning morning and went over the final details of everything (my questions, signing consents, talking about the size of the implants, blah, blah, blah) and I feel really good about everything. I'm also happy to announce that the worst part of the surgery is now over (paying for it :w00t:).

Other than that, I have spent the rest of the day trying to gather up all the things you wonderful ladies suggested. I still have a bit more shopping to do, but I'm sure that I will have everything I need by Friday.

The only really bad news I got today is that Stein Mart is having a big sale this weekend. Can you believe it??? What kind of rotten luck is that???? Why can't they hold off until next weekend???? Didn't they know I was going to be in the hospital???:):incazzato::cool2:

I've already told the ladies that if they see someone rolling in with an IV line trailing behind them, that will be me :Banane11:!

Anyhow...

Becky, I have been thinking of you all day and will be thinking of you all day again tomorrow. I wish you the very very best tomorrow. I know you will sail right through this surgery, and I am very much looking forward to hearing from your sister or LJM as to how it all went.

Great big huge hugs to you lady!!!! Talk to you soon :lol::thumbup::)!!!

Edited by Frangipani

Well I guess this is my final pre-op post. I saw the doctor today for all the final details and to get marked up. They took my picture again after he made all his marks so that he could study them tonight. Yikes! I thought, poor guy - those pictures would ruin anybody's evening.

Anyway, I'm all set to go. I have to leave home at 4:45 in the morning, which is just fine since I probably won't be sleeping too well tonight. I'm past being nervous now, just excited. I have complete confidence in my doctor and he reassured me that my thighs will turn out great with the small groin incisions. I've been obsessing about that.

Thanks again to everyone for the kind words. It really does help.

Frangi, sorry your travel turned out to be a hassle. Its a good thing you planned to arrive a couple of days early. Shopping for stool softeners and toilet seats isn't as much fun as shopping at Stein Mart, but I know you'll probably hit everyone in Miami before you head home. That should be good motivation to heal quickly. I'll be thinking of you just as soon as I can think. Can't wait until we are both done and comparing notes.

TexasBecky: You are in my prayers today! I know you'll do well!

Fran: I'll be thinking of you tomorrow. I'm leaving tonight to see my son perform in Cirque du Soliel in Montreal this weekend. Won't be back until the 25th! You'll all will be doing much better by then. I'll try to check my emails and see how you're doing. Welcome to the flatlands!

Hi,

I am Becky's sister and wanted you to know that her surgery is over and she is doing fine. She is resting, but is alert enough to ask me to post that she will report more tomorrow when she is feeling up to it.