Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

I was banded around the time you guys were but haven't lost quite as much yet. Amazing job! I am planning a LBL and hernia repair in September (paritall covered by insurance b/c of hernia). I will be following your progress! Good luck and be healthy!

PS - do you guys know if you will have a pain pump?

I was banded around the time you guys were but haven't lost quite as much yet. Amazing job! I am planning a LBL and hernia repair in September (paritall covered by insurance b/c of hernia). I will be following your progress! Good luck and be healthy!

PS - do you guys know if you will have a pain pump?

Hey Karen,

Great to hear from you!

Thanks and congratulations on your weight loss and upcoming surgery!!! We will look forward to following your journey too!

And lucky you with the insurance coverage -- way to go :driving:!

I'm not sure what my Dr.'s plan is regarding pain medication, but because the GYN Dr. will be cutting right through and doing open surgery on my uterus (OUCH!), I think I'm going to need something fairly strong (whatever that may be). I'm not too concerned about what they give me, my only concern at this point is that they give me enough to make me comfortable.

I'm usually a natural, organic, sort of a girl, but when it comes to pain, bring on the chemicals!!!!

Are you having a pain pump Becky? They sound great!

By the way, the new photo I posted below is not me, it's a stock photo -- no amount of Lipo in the world would ever give me legs like that :incazzato:!

I had a pain pump and it was worth every penny. Very helpful! By the time it was empty I really didn't need it, but it helped when I needed to get up and down. Either way you get through it!

I'm pretty sure I'll be getting the pain pump. It seems like every PS I consulted with uses them, but I will be verifying that when I see my doctor on Wednesday to get marked up.

I know my doc will be giving me a pain pump, but I am assuming that because you ladies will be staying in the hospital that you might actually get IV drugs to. I am an outpatient so it will be me, my pain pump, and my liquid vicodin with a straw! Not really...I actually have very good pain tolerance. 10 bouts with kidney stones will do that to you.

OMG it is so soon...so excited for you. I am getting less and less green with envy because if I would have had it any sooner I wouldn't have been able to run my half-marathon.

Hello My Lady Heroes!!

I am back from the Adironacks in NY State. We went to Americade which is a wonderful motorcycle rally. Not nutsy like some but we had a great time.

So where do you two lovely ladies stand at this point? Any pre hospital testing, etc? You must be nervous but excited. I am so happy for you both. Please fill me in!!

Jody! I've been missing you. I asked Frangi about your whereabouts and she told me you'd gone to a motorcycle rally. Sounds like fun. I hope it was a nice break from your routine.

I am anxiously counting down to June 12. My sister is in town from Canada and helping to keep me busy with shopping! On Wednesday the 11th I see the doctor for my final pre-op appointment. This is when he will work his magic marker magic, putting all the arrows and notes on my body for the surgery. I have to be at the hospital at 5:30 the next morning. My surgery is scheduled for 7 am and should last about 6 hours.

I think I'm finally past being nervous and just anxious to get on with it and start the recovery process. I'll be reporting in as soon as I can. I'm very optimistic that things will go great. I've been working out pretty hard and I feel stronger and fitter than I have in years - maybe ever. I hope that will make the post-op period easier.

Thanks for checking on us. It really is just a few days now! Becky

Hey Jody!

Welcome back!!! Glad to hear that you had a wonderful trip!!!

I had all of my pre-op last week and everything was A-Okay!

My GYN also told me that my myomectomy should not be very difficult and that it should only take about 45 minute to an hour. I'm not sure how long these things usually take, but that doesn't sound like very long to me :).

I'm not really nervous, and let's hope I stay that way! Becky, I wonder what that will be like going home with your body all marked up -- strange huh?

I won't be marked up until the morning of which is a good thing because I know me, if I had markings the night before, I would be scrutinizing them, analyzing them, and trying to second guess the Dr. In fact, I'm the type that might even take a pencil and draw in a few additional "suggestions" for him :)!!!

He probably knows this about me too (he does in fact, because he told me that I definitely get into the "fine detail" of things), which is probably why he is waiting until just before to mark me up.

I'm sure that poor man will be SO GLAD when the anesthesiologist finally puts me into la la land!!! All of my surgeons have been! (LOL :))

Becky & Frangi: You are both going to be glad you've been exercising. It will make things lots easier. You're going to heal better, because of your great blood circulation, etc. You're going to do well and be smoking hot! I'll be thinking of you this week!

I am so excited for you both!! This may sound weird but I wish I could be there to help you. I became an EMT to help anyone in need. It is my nature!! I had a great vacation. Are you ready for this...I lost 1.4 lbs!! My DH walked with me every morning!! He was amazing!

I wish you both a speedy recovery. Frangi, I will anxiously await your phone call whenever you are ready. My DH and DSs are also awaiting your call. You two are like family!! I know you will do so well. Love you both!!

Becky & Frangi: You are both going to be glad you've been exercising. It will make things lots easier. You're going to heal better, because of your great blood circulation, etc. You're going to do well and be smoking hot! I'll be thinking of you this week!

"Smoking Hot!!!!"

Well.....I just won't know what to do with myself if that happens :tongue2:!

Thank you so much Karey for the encouragement and the kind words. You have been such a HUGE help. On Saturday I sat down in front of the computer with my notebook, pulled up this thread, and made out my shopping list for Florida.

I really, really appreciate all of your suggestions and great advice :wub::smile::smile:

I am so excited for you both!! This may sound weird but I wish I could be there to help you. I became an EMT to help anyone in need. It is my nature!! I had a great vacation. Are you ready for this...I lost 1.4 lbs!! My DH walked with me every morning!! He was amazing!

I wish you both a speedy recovery. Frangi, I will anxiously await your phone call whenever you are ready. My DH and DSs are also awaiting your call. You two are like family!! I know you will do so well. Love you both!!

Awwwww Jody!

Thank you so much -- and big hugs to you for your lovely thoughts!!!! Your patients are extremely fortunate to have such a kind and compassionate person attending to them -- I'm so glad that someone like you is out there helping people in emergency medical situations.

I'll definitely be calling, hopefully Friday night, but if not, I will be in touch on Saturday (after I get back from Stein Mart :crying:). Please also thank DH and DS for their thoughts and well wishes.

Congratulations on losing 1.4 pounds -- WOW! Keep up the good work :smile::thumbup::scared2:!!!

I was so happy to get home and find things moving along well for the 2 of you!!!!

My trip to Texas was uneventful, I feel good. Did end up with some infection following the necrosis, which he said was extremely common, so did a round of antibiotics. Now I see him on Wed. I am looking forward to it, I want to be sure all is well!!!

I took a motorcycle ride last night, it was great!!! The pain is a mere memory now, I might get a muscle twitch, or scratch my scar without thinking and get an OUCH! But that is it.

Weight is hanging about the same, now that I am through with the meds, I can be more watchful of what I am eating!!! That and being home should help!

Bought a couple of size 10's while in Texas----not wearing them yet, they fit a little snug across the ends of my incision, but they do come all the way up, and buttong and zip without issue!!! YAY!!!!

You two will be so thrilled with these surgeries----I just know it!

Glad to be home and following along with you guys! Our farm is out of town and since we are not there but maybe a month out of the year, we have no phone service, therefore no computer connection---it about killed me!!! So happy to be home!!!

Kat

Oh my goodness! You guys are just the best. Prior to being banded I had never even been on a forum of any sort and certainly would never have imagined myself actually making friends with people online. Boy was I wrong. The people on LBT have been so wonderful to share their experiences and to support me and cheer for my success. I just can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone's kindness and sincere interest in one another.

Jody, I wish you were here to help me too! I know that you must be a wonderful caregiver. It comes through in all of your posts and your dear family is obviously just as sweet as you are. You probably don't realize it, but your kind words all through my weight loss journey have really inspired me to keep working hard to be the best I can be.

Karey & Kat, you both are trail blazers who have given me so much hope and confidence that I can do what you have done. Thanks again for your willingness to share and encourage the rest of us.

Frangi, I'm sure you know how much you mean to me. You have been my partner for months now encouraging me to exercise, helping me sort out the plastic surgery process and just being a great friend to share the good, the bad, and the ugly with. I feel so fortunate to be going through this whole experience side by side.

I am really pumped up and ready to go now. My sister and I are having a great time visiting and shopping. She's helping me round up all the stuff I think I'm going to need post-op and keeping me from being too preoccupied with the upcoming surgery. Thank goodness she's here.

Kat, I am so encouraged by your progress. Just the fact that you were able to make a car trip so soon gives me a lot of hope for my own rapid recovery. I'm thrilled for you and the size 10's. What a wonderful milestone!

Oh my goodness! You guys are just the best. Prior to being banded I had never even been on a forum of any sort and certainly would never have imagined myself actually making friends with people online. Boy was I wrong. The people on LBT have been so wonderful to share their experiences and to support me and cheer for my success. I just can't tell you how much I appreciate everyone's kindness and sincere interest in one another.

Jody, I wish you were here to help me too! I know that you must be a wonderful caregiver. It comes through in all of your posts and your dear family is obviously just as sweet as you are. You probably don't realize it, but your kind words all through my weight loss journey have really inspired me to keep working hard to be the best I can be.

Karey & Kat, you both are trail blazers who have given me so much hope and confidence that I can do what you have done. Thanks again for your willingness to share and encourage the rest of us.

Frangi, I'm sure you know how much you mean to me. You have been my partner for months now encouraging me to exercise, helping me sort out the plastic surgery process and just being a great friend to share the good, the bad, and the ugly with. I feel so fortunate to be going through this whole experience side by side.

I am really pumped up and ready to go now. My sister and I are having a great time visiting and shopping. She's helping me round up all the stuff I think I'm going to need post-op and keeping me from being too preoccupied with the upcoming surgery. Thank goodness she's here.

Kat, I am so encouraged by your progress. Just the fact that you were able to make a car trip so soon gives me a lot of hope for my own rapid recovery. I'm thrilled for you and the size 10's. What a wonderful milestone!

Well Becky you said a lot of things far better than I could have, and Ditto to everything you said. I feel the same way about all the wonderful support we have gotten here!

And Becky, thank you for the lovely words. You have actually been the one who has inspired me. I too, am so glad that we are doing this together. I couldn't think of a better, nicer person to do this with. I'm SO glad that we connected through this forum, you and I have such a great simpatico. Love you girlfriend and I know you are going to sail through this with flying colors. I will be eagerly awaiting word of your progress on Thursday!!!

Kat, thank you for the support and encouragement! I agree with everything Becky said, you have been a wonderful source of advice and inspiration.

Talk to everyone soon -- thanks again!!!! :P:smile::party:

Frangi and Becky, I just wanted to wish you both the best with your PS, I will be anxiously awaiting your updates as you feel up to it, as I know many others will be too. Thank you both for sharing your journey with everyone. I am in the beginning of my journey and am learning so much from the both of you. Take care and sending the healing vibes your ways!!!!