Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

This conversation made me remember that my friend went and bought some disposal pads to under me while I was in bed. I was bleeding a little (just a little, don't panic) from the Lipo and the drains and kept soiling the sheets. The pads seemed to make everything feel cleaner and fresher. Towels would work also, just don't know if you want or care if you get a little blood on hotel towels. As far as cravings and appetite go, I didn't have much appetite for a week or so after surgery. I would just have the salt free crackers, jellos and puddings to take with your meds, maybe some canned broth or Soups, tea, etc. I did enjoy a little rice pudding. Before you know your appetite will be back!

More great suggestions -- thank you :(! I didn't even think of the disposable pads, but that's a great thing to have on hand.

Well, I had to run all over the place today to have everything done, but I finally completed all of the pre-op tests that that the two Dr.'s wanted, and everything is a-okay!

I have a question for any of you who have had a breast lift with an "anchor" incision. How do you feel about the scarring? Is it an acceptable trade-off for the improvement you see in your breasts? I definitely want to have the breasts done, no question about that, but I'm wondering how I am going to feel about the scar.............

I know its a relief to have all your pre-op done and know that everthing is good to go. One step closer! Of course I know nothing about the anchor scar, but I'll be interested to see what others have to say.

Thanks for the well wishes Luluc & Julie. I am soaking in all the positive vibes.

Best of luck to you both in your PS journey. Congrats!

Hi Julie,

Thank you so much :lol:! How are you doing and feeling?

Ladies - all the best for a successful surgery & ease of recovery.

Cheers~

Lulu

Thanks Lulu -- and congrats on your killer workout today. Running plus a lower body weight workout is really tough!

I know its a relief to have all your pre-op done and know that everthing is good to go. One step closer! Of course I know nothing about the anchor scar, but I'll be interested to see what others have to say.

Thanks for the well wishes Luluc & Julie. I am soaking in all the positive vibes.

It is a relief Becky, and I was pretty impressed with the lab and the radiology clinic here, both are modern and very efficient. I did a walk-in at the radiology clinic and within 20 minutes I had not only been seen, but also had my chest x-ray report and a Cd of the images to take with. My bloodwork was done in the AM and I had the results and a copy of the report by the afternoon. Not too shabby for an island, huh?

I had a breast lift and was prepared for the anchor scar, because I felt it would be an improvement over the dropping. When I got out of surgery, I found out that my ps was able to do the lift without the anchor incision. I only have the scar around the nipples. When he put the implants in, my breasts stood up well, so no anchor scar. But, I was more than willing to have the scar. From pictures I've seen, the scar really fades with time. Wishing you both, the best!

I had a breast lift and was prepared for the anchor scar, because I felt it would be an improvement over the dropping. When I got out of surgery, I found out that my ps was able to do the lift without the anchor incision. I only have the scar around the nipples. When he put the implants in, my breasts stood up well, so no anchor scar. But, I was more than willing to have the scar. From pictures I've seen, the scar really fades with time. Wishing you both, the best!

Thanks for the feedback Karey, and the information. I'm going to talk to my Dr. about this when I see him at his office next week -- maybe I will have the same good luck.....

Good luck to you both. I am looking to get PS in the future, enjoy and look forward to all of your post about you journey. Thanks for sharing, it helps us who are coming behind you.

Laura

Hi Becky & Frangipani,

Good luck to both of you! It looks like Karey and Julie and the others who have walked this road before you have given you really good advice.

Don't forget to take your before pics so you can compare them to your after pics later!!

I'm praying all goes well and uneventful for you (and a safe flight back, Frangipani).

Becky: I used to live in Texas, so from one 'former' Texas Becky to another, good luck and let us know how you're doing!! :thumbup:

Good luck to you both. I am looking to get PS in the future, enjoy and look forward to all of your post about you journey. Thanks for sharing, it helps us who are coming behind you.

Laura

Thank you so much Laura :tt2::smile::smile: We look forward to following your journey too when the time comes!

Hi Becky & Frangipani,

Good luck to both of you! It looks like Karey and Julie and the others who have walked this road before you have given you really good advice.

Don't forget to take your before pics so you can compare them to your after pics later!!

I'm praying all goes well and uneventful for you (and a safe flight back, Frangipani).

Becky: I used to live in Texas, so from one 'former' Texas Becky to another, good luck and let us know how you're doing!! :lol:

Thank you very much for the well wishes and the reminder about the pics Becky.

For sure I will take pics, whether or not I will be brave enough to post them is another story :wink2: :lol:.....

Thanks Laura and Becky. It does help to know that others are cheering for us. I'll do the same when your turn comes.

I took some pictures a few days ago. I'm hoping that the afters will be so great that I will not mind showing the befores. By this time next week I will be on the road to recovery. Yippppeeeee!

My goodness ladies...the time is rapidly approaching. I am going to wait to put my thread up until the day of my pre-op. I am running 12 miles the day before my pre op then on Monday I am going to the preop and following it with a 12 mile walk on my half-marathon course. I am so glad I have this to keep my mind off the TT. I am looking to inspiration from you guys...just like I have on the crazy ates board.

It is such an honor to have shared the weightloss/exercise journey with you both and now we get to share the plastic surgery journey as well. Don't get me wrong...I am still green with envy that you get yours before I do, but I just tell myself that I will get to learn from the pros.

I will anxiously be awaiting to hear from both of you. And Frangi...we miss you on the exercise board. I feel like I have lost a friend there! I will have to keep coming here to keep getting your dose of kindness. If everyone is as nice as you in the Virgin Islands I might consider moving there. The hospitality might overcome the huricanes and humidity!

Salsa, thanks for your comments. It is exciting that we are all able to share our experiences. I'll be following your journey with great interest as well.

I just realized that we are getting our PS in the same order that we were banded. My band surgery was on 8-2, Frangi was 8-7 and you were 8-9. I think we are all extremely lucky to be ready for PS and able to do it this soon. I know it is a dream come true for all three of us.