Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frangipani & TexasBecky get Reconstructed

Frangi: Thanks for the encouragement. Recovering from ps is a really big deal. I'm only realizing that now, since I'm feeling better and back fully into exercise. I don't think you realize how truly awful you feel until you feel better (which is a good thing, LOL). That's why right after I had my surgery, I was yes, yes, let's get the rest done and now I'm like, not quite as sure. I just want to enjoy feeling better for a while. It's too bad that they can't do it all at once. My ps said that there are places you can go where a whole team of surgeon's work on you at once and then you are not under anesthesia too long and you don't have to worry about surgeon fatique, etc. Of course, you are in a world of hurt and in the hospital for a week and in the poor house! But, sometimes, I just wish I could have done it that way. I really am liking thinking about going through the recovery process again. I'm not as afraid of the surgery itself, so I guess that is a good thing. Anyway, glad you're both doing well.

Hello to everyone. It has been another good day for me - feeling better and better and, I hope I'm not speaking too soon, there seems to be less swelling than usual this evening. I am approaching a month post op now, so maybe things will begin to improve. Fingers crossed. I'd really like to be able to get some decent pictures posted.

Cori, I didn't realize that you are that close to your own PS. I agree that finding a doctor you really feel good about is the most important thing. Good luck on your search. Nice to know that you enjoy gardening too. I don't have that much edible stuff, just herbs and tomatoes, but I have a wonderful variety of perrenials and native Texas plants. Gardening is therapeutic for me and I love the exercise.

Frangi and Jody, all that talk of Stein Mart got me itching for a Stein Mart fix. You girls are a bad influence! I killed two hours in there today and came out with a couple of bags full of goodies. All the summer stuff is on clearance already. Here in Texas we've got three more months of scorching temperatures ahead, so I got some great bargains and more new panties too!

I agree, PS recovery is definitely not for sissies. I think Frangi, Salsa, and I are doing really well, but I don't want anyone to be mislead into thinking that it is a snap. Everyone going in to it needs to be prepared to deal with a number of difficult issues and sometimes even serious complications. Remember BBK got pneumonia, Kat had an infection, JulieNYC developed seromas. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but it is serious surgery and I think people should do their homework, be in the best shape possible, and find the best doctor they can.

Karey, as for the second round of surgery, I'm feeling like you are. I want the results of the next surgery, but I want to feel good for a while before I start this all over again. I had thought I'd want to go again as soon as the doctor gave the ok, but now I'm thinking I need a little more time to get past this one. The only reason I was able to get my thighs done at the same time as my LBL was because I did have two surgeons. Before I started researching PS, I assumed I was going to be able to get everything done at once. I guess I've watched too many episodes of Extreme Makeover, LOL. Frangi is from another planet. That's why she is ready to go again, LOL!!

Like Frangi said, I really enjoy chatting with all of you and I so appreciate you all taking the time to check in and post your comments. Have a great evening everyone.

Yeah I still need to get my breasts done coupled with a reverse Tummy Tuck to remove the last of the skin that she couldn't get rid of. However, I am not in any hurry to get that done. The pain hasn't been overwheming but I can't say it has been a piece of cake either. Today was a rough day. Not pain wise, but I have had the shakes and dizziness that really sucked!

sleeping has been the worst for me. I just cant seem to sleep at night. Last night was the first night I got more than 2 hours of sustained sleep. then today...all I did was sleep. This is the longest that I have been up since this morning.

I agree that Frangi must be from another planet. I cna't imagine driving right now. My mind just doesn't function very well!

Hi ladies and thanks for the updates. I imagine I speak for others when I say I'm thoroughly enjoying and appreciate going through your experiences. I've no doubt all this will be incredibly beneficial when the rest of us go through this.

Hi Becky. Very glad to hear that all is going well and that you are feeling better each day. I think you are SOOOOO wise to wait a bit between surgeries and allow your body to completely heal before going through this again. I know I'd probably be better off doing the works but I'm thinking I'll stick with the TT and mastopexy. My vision isn't so great so as long as I don't wear glasses/contacts I don't look too horrible in the mirror :wink2:

Stein Mart.... we don't have those in the PAC NW. I'll look forward to checking them out when I head to Texas for a PS consult. I almost wish I was ready now so I could head to Texas in time for the state fair. It sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Take care ladies and sending you all prayers for continued quick healing.

Frangi is from another planet. That's why she is ready to go again, LOL!!

I agree that Frangi must be from another planet. I cna't imagine driving right now. My mind just doesn't function very well!

Good morning ladies and May the force be with you!!!

Well, I think you finally have me convinced that I am from another planet (although I have suspected this for some time :(......). I truly am ready for round 2 because honestly, I don't like recovering from PS and I want to have it all done in one solid block of time. That said, my Dr. is the one calling the shots on this and, so we'll have to see what he says about all of this in a few weeks. He's very meticulous and careful, and he definitely won't allow me to be impatient and push things along too fast.

Now if I could only get Scotty to beam me up and remove this damn drain, my life would be perfect.......

Frangi, you are hilarious!

I do understand the value of getting it all over with this summer. We'll all be jealous when you are finished and we're still whining about needing to have more surgery.

LOL! You ladies are too funny. Listening to your stories I am not sure that I could handle PS. With that said, the more I lose the more I dislike the deflated balloon look. Not that I enjoyed anything before though.

Becky - isn't that store great? Frangi knows her stuff!! I am actually at one of our southern NJ districts right now and will pass one on the way home! I programmed them into the new computer we are testing with GPS. Works like a charm! :smile: Just have to remember to disable that feature when giving a presentation on the new system! OOOPS...everyone laughed anyway.

Frangi - thanks for the weight loss cheers. I am slow and steady. As long as it is steady I will take it! You guys are all great motivation for me to keep going!

Hang in there girls! It will be more than worth it in the end:biggrin:!

Hi All,

Well, I had a great day yesterday. I felt the best and strongest I have since returning home and falling into my "achy fatigue." The pains have mostly gone away now and I'm starting to feel strong and energetic again. Feels wonderful :confused::thumbup::sleep:!

Hi ladies and thanks for the updates. I imagine I speak for others when I say I'm thoroughly enjoying and appreciate going through your experiences. I've no doubt all this will be incredibly beneficial when the rest of us go through this.

Stein Mart.... we don't have those in the PAC NW. I'll look forward to checking them out when I head to Texas for a PS consult. I almost wish I was ready now so I could head to Texas in time for the state fair. It sounds like a whole lot of fun!

Take care ladies and sending you all prayers for continued quick healing.

Thanks Cori! :eek::smile::(

By the way, I enjoy your blog!

Do check out Stein Mart when you get to a state that has one -- Florida and Texas both have a bunch!!! I go crazy when I travel to both places.

LOL! You ladies are too funny. Listening to your stories I am not sure that I could handle PS. With that said, the more I lose the more I dislike the deflated balloon look. Not that I enjoyed anything before though.

Becky - isn't that store great? Frangi knows her stuff!! I am actually at one of our southern NJ districts right now and will pass one on the way home! I programmed them into the new computer we are testing with GPS. Works like a charm! :lol: Just have to remember to disable that feature when giving a presentation on the new system! OOOPS...everyone laughed anyway.

Hang in there girls! It will be more than worth it in the end:biggrin:!

Jody, LOL about the GPS and your presentation :mad::lol::mad:!

You can handle PS -- no problem. Just be prepared for a lot of hassle and a lot of upheaval. It's a lot like having your kitchen redone IMHO.

Frangi and Jody, all that talk of Stein Mart got me itching for a Stein Mart fix. You girls are a bad influence! I killed two hours in there today and came out with a couple of bags full of goodies. All the summer stuff is on clearance already. Here in Texas we've got three more months of scorching temperatures ahead, so I got some great bargains and more new panties too!

Becky, don't you love it? We get all of these fabulous deals on summer clothing that we'll be able to wear for months yet (well, in my case all year round).

Have a great day ladies :drool::smile::mad:!

Frangi, I'm glad you're starting to feel like your old self. We're coming up on one month now, so I'm thankful that things are improving for both of us at long last.

My only remaining complaint is about the thigh incisions. Because of where they are located they continue to be an irritation. They are healing well, but I know it is going to take time. The swelling is finally not so bad. It too is going to take time to completely subside, but I can live with it now.

Frangi, how much numbness do you have? I still feel pretty numb around my incision, mainly on the front side. I wish my thigh incisions were numb, but no such luck.

Jody, you will get through ps just fine. Ditto to everything Frangi said. Be prepared for it to be an ordeal and it will probably seem easier than you expected. I would definitely do it all over again and I plan to! I think the second round will be easier anyway.

Stein Mart needs to start paying us for all the advertising we do for them, LOL. I have one within five minutes of my house, so they see quite a bit of me. I could walk there, but then I'd have to lug my heavy bags down the street.

Becky,

My thigh incisions are the worst. Overall, everything feels pretty good except for my dang thighs. Plus the swelling for the thighs is still pretty bad. Oh, well - we will beautiful legs when they get better. Hang in there! :thumbup:

Hi Becky,

I'm very numb. The numbness reaches from my belly button all the way to my incision.

I'm sorry to hear you're still having pain with your thigh incisions, but your legs look fabulous, so I'm sure it will all be worth it in the end.

Stein Mart should definitely pay us -- or at least send us some additional discount coupons (LOL :thumbup:)!

Well ladies I learned a little something about the power of cleavage today (which I'm sure most of you have known about for years).

I was getting so tired of wearing my saggy, baggy clothing that I've had to wear because of the drain, that I decided to dress up a little today. So I dug out a very a cute top that I recently purchased at Stein Mart. It's one of these plunging neckline, sleeveless numbers with that shows a lot of cleavage -- so much so that I was actually thinking about returning it. The nice thing about it was that even though it showed a lot of cleavage, it's gathered at the waist, so that it still concealed my drain.

Anyhow, when I put it on I realized that because of the thin shoulder straps, and the very low cut, I would not be able to wear a bra. Going braless is not something I'm accustomed to, but since I no longer really "need" to wear a bra, I decided to just go with it and headed out to the pharmacy to get a prescription filled.

I got to the pharmacy, dropped my prescription slip off and started looking for Mederma Scar Cream, when I suddenly got the feeling that someone was looking at me. I looked up to see the pharmacist seriously giving me the eye! (LOL :redface::lol::blush:)

About one minute later, he popped out from behind the pharmacy area, personally handed me my order and then asked me if there was anything else he could help me find. When I told him what I was looking for, he said that he didn't have any on the shelf, but that he would try to find some in the back, and lo and behold he did!

So needless to say, I will not be taking that blouse back. In fact, I intend to start wearing it to the Bank -- and the Post Office too!!!

Hello ladies! It's good to hear you are both doing so well. Becky, I hope the thigh pain ends soon. Though I must say, your thighs look fabulous for a woman half your age so at least from my persepctive they were TOTALLY worth it!. Frangi... you go girl!!! Way to make that pharmacist stand up and take notice. And yes, I'd say you should keep that top.... it might be good for a little bribery with your husband :cool:

I have kind of a silly question for you ladies. When I wore a size 18/20 I always shopped at Avenue or occasionally CJ Banks. I HATE to shop so knowing exactly where I needed to go, and that I'd be able to get what I wanted, has been a good thing. But now nothing from those stores fits (I wear a loose 14 or a 12 if I don't mind it a bit snug) and I'm having to shop elsewhere. I got the few things I have at the Eddie Bauer outlet (I've always bought their t-shirts to wear under scrubs) and Macys and those have been OK. I have absolutely NO desire to go to a mall and check out all the stores (actually, I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out one by one than "do" the mall) so I'm curious where YOU all shop. I mean, other than Stein Mart :) I like Eddie Bauer a lot, but there is only so much available there. I also shop at the Jockey store, but that is definitely for under garments only. I am NOT trendy or 20 something so the stores my kids shop at (A & F, Hollister, AE, etc) hold zero appeal to me. I'd love to hear some advice from you shopping pros :thumbup:

For just regular, casual clothes I am a big fan of JC Penney and Kohls. You can find good deals and they have stand alone stores - no mall necessary :cool:. (at least here in TX)

lol Fran! YOU go girl! YOu hot mama!

I still have no feeling in my Tummy Tuck area. They say it gets better, but it just feels weird!

Thanks BBK :):smile::thumbup:!!! This Hot Mama thing is very new to me -- maybe you'll have to come visit me and give me some lessons!

The numbness does feel weird, but I've had abdominal surgery before and slowly but surely the feeling does return.

I have kind of a silly question for you ladies. When I wore a size 18/20 I always shopped at Avenue or occasionally CJ Banks. I HATE to shop so knowing exactly where I needed to go, and that I'd be able to get what I wanted, has been a good thing. But now nothing from those stores fits (I wear a loose 14 or a 12 if I don't mind it a bit snug) and I'm having to shop elsewhere. I got the few things I have at the Eddie Bauer outlet (I've always bought their t-shirts to wear under scrubs) and Macys and those have been OK. I have absolutely NO desire to go to a mall and check out all the stores (actually, I'd rather have my fingernails pulled out one by one than "do" the mall) so I'm curious where YOU all shop. I mean, other than Stein Mart :lol: I like Eddie Bauer a lot, but there is only so much available there. I also shop at the Jockey store, but that is definitely for under garments only. I am NOT trendy or 20 something so the stores my kids shop at (A & F, Hollister, AE, etc) hold zero appeal to me. I'd love to hear some advice from you shopping pros :lol:

Cori, don't get me started on shopping, now -- I could go on about that forever!!!! Love, love, LOVE shopping!!!!

I shop all over the place because you just never know what you might find. That said, if you want just a few ideas, try Chicos and Coldwater Creek. Both stores have stylish and distinctive items that are very fashionable, but more suitable for the 30 and over crowd.

Hope this helps, and let me know if you need any more ideas.