Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Yea, Water slides are the worst! I remember last summer before I had my surgery I went to a water park with my family. There was 1 slide that said you had to weigh under 250 pounds to ride. Well, let's just say I was a little more than that. But my little brother kept wanting me to ride it with him, so I finally gave in. Lucky for me, I made it, but it was hard to enjoy it because I was too afraid I would get stuck. That sure won't happen this year!

Ok, here is my fat story/most embarassing moment/last straw: (I feel the tears welling up now)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE roller coasters and I went to Six Flags Great America here in IL where I live, I wanted to ride Batman and the park was PACKED. I waited in line 2 hours, made it to the front of the line, hopped up in my seat, which was a tad bit tight, and then when I tried to close the harness, I WAS TOO FAT, it wouldn't even lock on to the FIRST CLICK, they had FOUR GUYS pushing and pulling this harness just trying to get it to click one time, then they start yelling for some special equipment, I just started begging them to just let me out. I got off the ride and let everyone have their fun. Needless to say I have never cried like that in my life, I left the park and I have not been back since. My secret goal is to lose enough weight to return to Great America and ride EVERY roller coaster in the park.

Omg I had this exact thing happen to me last summer!!! Tell you what this summer we will ride the batman

I volunteer at a place that houses a variety of exotic animals and we are constantly cleaning crates when there are babys or small animals around.

Anyway, someone took a photo of me and another girl cleaning side by side crates for the coatimundis and it was just awful. My ass was the entire opening to the large crate and the dainty little thing next to me you could hardly see. Now how many people walking by everyday I was cleaning said in their heads, "WOW fat ass!" who knows but it was rather embarrassing once I saw in. :cool:

WOOOT for a new beginning and new journey!

Libra, you just made me laugh so hard i dont remember laughing sooooo hard in awhile thanks . please know i am laughing with you not at you.

I went to six flags Magic Mountain 2 summers ago & I had trouble with the safety belts too..this summer I didnt go.Because I knew I wouldnt fit the rides because I had gain more weight... I thank GOD for giving me my band because I'll be able to go back this summer & ride everything again! I visited Big Bear last spring & they had me stand on a scale before they allowed me to ride a horse...well obviously I was too heavy to ride.. & I had to stay behind & wait for all my friends...:( along with another fat girl..poor horse coundnt carry us..

I just got banded, but I think about this one a lot.

I was attending an aunt's wedding and the day before, the whole family was at the house. My Grandma had passed away that year and her sisters were there. One of her sisters is a little bit batty, though. When she was leaving, I got up to say good bye by hugging her. When I finished the hug, she goes...oh, you are pregnant! There must have been a hush that fell over the whole house and I was mortified. I think I started hearing ringing in my head and the floor just fell away. I remember saying weakly, no. She laughed and walked out of the house. I went to go sit by mom afterwards, a big woman herself. She put her hand on my back and didn't say anything. Just what she needed to do. Of course, my dad later said...well, she is batty, but your shirt does look maturnity. DAD!!!

My most embarrasing ... i was meeting an old friend..that i hadnt sen in a few years as she lives out of state now and was back only to visit.... at a restaraunt and as i was walking up she sent me a text saying OMG!! u wldnt believe the fat a@@ walking in omg how can anyone b that fat and go out in public?...I was the only one walking in the restraunt at the time. i pretended that we never got it. i was totally mortified and we never talked about it

having to tell everyone that i have to have a certain chair at family dinners because i dont fit in my parents dining room chairs. my parents having to get out a special chair for me anytime i have dinner at their house.

my daughter wanting me to not go to parent/teacher confs because we went to back to school night i broke the chair and her whole class still teases her

i actually asked out maint. guy at work to remove all of the mirrors from my office and area. my boss was demanding they be put back up until i started bawling to him about having to look at myself all day everyday he hardly looks at me now.

there are of course sooo many more...

someday ill look back and be glad these days are behind me!

1. Asking for the extended seat belt on an airplane. I finally got smart and asked for it the minute I got on the plane. That way I'm not embarassed when I can't get the belt on and have to ask in front of everyone.

2. Last time i went to 6 Flags in 2003 I had a hard time fitting on the rides. We went to go get on the Batman ride and I had to move to a different seat because the seat belt was longer.

I am going to Florida this August and it'll be nice not asking for an extended seat belt and being able to fit ok on the rides.

I have one. At my old apartment, my neighbor had one of those stupid white plastic patio chairs that are so flimsy. Well I had to go to the ER for a fractured ankle. My mom brought me home at like midnight, and I had a cast on. She took my keys to unlock my door, so I sat in that stupid chair to wait. And wouldn't you know my fat @ss broke the stupid chair? Yeah, so I had to explain to my neighbor that I broke it and bought him a new one. Wow that was super embarassing.

Oh I have lots of stories like this! I still have two weeks before my surgery, but I can't wait until I don't have to worry about the size of my body interfering with my life! I wouldn't say my moments are so much embarrassing to me, but they all cause me anxiety!

1. Broke our toilet seat

2. Barely fit into the rides at Universal Studios (It was a struggle, and very uncomfortable)

3. Broke one of my mom's metal patio chairs... it was pretty rusted, in my defense :)

4. Threw my boyfriend onto the bed and then jumped on after him... then one of the legs broke off...

5. Barely fit into plane seats (I have to let the slack all the way out)

7. Lived in Denmark for six months, and barely fit into the LARGEST clothing size I could find in my town.

8. Could not find a pair of winter boots while I was in Denmark because my calves were too big for all of them.

9. Had to ask my boyfriend to let me wear his boxer-briefs while we were walking to a concert because I was chafing so badly in the dress I was wearing.

10. Broke off the heel on one of my favorite pairs of shoes.

I went to mall of america for spring break and tried to ride a ride with my b/f who is pretty darn skinny, he wears like a 30-32 and he's 5'9" so I sat down next to him and a guy was helping push down the safety bar. It finally went down but it was cutting in so much and I was sucking in that I felt sick the whole ride and it sucked. That was 2 months before I decided to get the lapband and 5 months before I had the surgery.

Just got back from a trip for a college class. All of the students (rich, pretty people) and my teacher(46 and a marathon runner, maybe a size 2) would constantly make comments about fat people. An obese lady walked in front of our van and my teacher said(with laughs from the students) "Wide LOAD!!!!"

They also kept commenting on how there were some "Obese people trying to walk the trails" it was so annoying. And they all KNEW I had the lapband last year.

The teacher said other things that were annoying but people just don't seem to know the pain of being obese,physical or emotional. We gain too much weight and we some how end up as less human, with less respect. It's disgusting; people are ignorant.

Libra....I get visual mental images very easy, needless to say yours was funny. I am laughing with you on this. I could actually see this happening to me!

In high school someone told me I looked like I had 2 sets of boobs because of my fat midriff.

When I was in college I had special seating status. In all my classes I had a table because I couldn't fit into the chairs.

One guy I was dating when my kids were little was very good looking and he really didn't act it. We went out to eat and 2 snarky women asked him, in front of my children and me, why was he dating a fat a--. he told them that I was more beautiful and classy than they ever would be! he was my hero!:laugh: Then his sister came into our lives. So much for my hero!

That is just a few.

"Had to ask my boyfriend to let me wear his boxer-briefs while we were walking to a concert because I was chafing so badly in the dress I was wearing."

I HATE that! I am looking forward to the day when my thighs don't rub together so badly that I get sores.

Carrie: No kidding! It has been a LONG time since I walked without my thighs rubbing together... since elementary I think! That is one of my biggest wishes, no more friction! ha ha ha