Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ladies I need your help!!

I haven't had a normal cycle since i started gaining weight a few years ago...well im down 45lbs (yay) and i started spotting well yesterday i have really bad cramps so i figured yay period is back...i've been going through about 10 tampons plus 10 pads since yesterday..its very strong and very red blood i dont mean to be gross but when im on the toliet even before i pee the bowl Water turns pink from all the blood...normally i'd be at my doc telling him this but my company decided to cancel everyones health insurnace and not tell them...so ladies has anyone else had this problem..i dont know if its because i havent had it in a long time and it needs to get cleaned out or what but im freaking out....help.....:lol:

I'd call your gyn's office and tell them about your insurance issues. They should give you a "sliding scale" fee or accomodate you somehow; perhaps even putting the bill off until your insurance is reinstated.

The doctors office will work with you. They should anyways :lol:

Good luck!

Deb

I had that problem for 4 weeks a few weeks ago. I went to my gyn he said I was fine. I hadn't had a period for 3 months before that and had it last 1 month when I did get it and the whole time it was very heavy like yours.

I have PCOS, so I dont have natural periods either. I take progesterone every few months just to induce a period and clean it out. When I go several months without a period I have the same exact problem. Its VERY heavy (and also contains a lot of solid tissue). I think you are probably fine....but if you think there is a problem there might be a nurses hotline at your hospital that you can call and get advice on this topic (and also learn about prices and insurance issues). Other than that, I would suggest buying stock in Tampax....hahahahaha.

thank you ladies for the quick response...i am going to make an appt with my doc just to get checked out and ease my mind thank you again! :lol:

I have always had regular periods, but while I had a white blood cell issue a year ago my periods got wonky. When they started up again the first period was really heavy and had a lot of what seemed like clots. I had heavy cramping too. It sounds like things are just starting up again, but you should probably go see your doctor. I like the suggestion of telling them about your insurance issues and asking if they would put you on a sliding scale fee. When I was without insurance a few years ago my doctor did that and it helped out a lot.

Make sure you get additional Protein during this heavy time and drink plenty of fluids. I wouldn't go more than three days with heavy bleeding. If it doesn't slow down, definitely get to a doctor. Take care of yourself. There's only one of you! If you have to, make payments to the doctor.

Keep us posted on how you're doing!

You're young. I know some of us over 40 have period issues but I'd see a Dr anyway. Chances are your hormones are off but just the same...Any chance that you were pregnant? Sorry, don't mean to sound insensitive but that could explain the bad cramping (I do remember the bad cramping). All in all I'd see a dr - Hope this is resolved for you!

I have PCOS and my periods have never really been regular until recently. At one point, I hadn't had one in about a year or so and when I did get one, it was like super payback for not getting one for so long. Much like you described but it did let up after a few days but still lasted around 10 days. Another time, it happened and it would stop and start only giving me a day or so of peace and eventually I went to the ER and they gave me a prescription for birth control pills which made it stop and things became normal again.

Hope you are feeling more normal soon!

thank you all for sharing your answers and story!! so yesterday after post my question..i was walking to the bathroom and i feel my tampon get pushed out of me and fall in my undies....i ran to the bathroom and a golfball size of tissue had pushed my tampon out!! i was freaking out...i called my husband to come cuz i mean this thing was huge!!! some i just hoped in the shower ever since then no more blood...i have spotted but nothing else........wtf is going on....my docs appt is monday

About 2 years ago, I had the same thing and I was reallly worried, so my GP got me an emergency appointment with a gyno (mine had retired and left town without referring her patients) The gyno told me that since I go 3-4 months without a cycle, the blood builds up and when I finally do start bleeding, all of that must come out. The cramps were bad, but he told me that was normal as well. It was so bad that I would just stand up in the shower and watch big globs of blood and bloody mucus fall out of me (sorry for being so graphic) I had to use 2 super tampons (side by side) and a huge pad just to protect my clothes for long enough to get the the doctors office. He gave me a prescription for hormones and told me that if I went more than 2 months without a cycle, to take them for 10 days and that would start a cycle.

YOU still need to see your doctor for your problem, but it is probably pretty similiar to what happened to me. Try to relax over the weekend, you will be fine.

how old are you? YOU MIGHT BE GOING THROUGH YOUR CHANGE IM ONLLY 36 and im already in my change unfourtunetly i have symptoms just like that even before my lapband it horrible i sometimes have 4 periods a month! good luck

So after having my period for from April 22nd to may 19th after not having one 3 months today May 31st well yesterday I started brown discharge and today there is blood in it. So I would say I am getting ready to start another period. I sure hope this one isn't around 5 weeks long like last time. It hasnt even been 2 weeks yet :laugh: