Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good morning. GRRRR that half pound now has some friends. I'm up another whole pound today. What's going on?? The only difference in my normal routine was my Breakfast. While out of town I ate s/f yogurt that had 14gm of Protein in it. Normal breakfast is eggbeaters and 2 slices precooked bacon. I drank even more Water than normal. Okay, Lori, don't stress over it! talking to myself here.

As for low BMI's I never knew anything over 35 was considered low. I know there are some 'low BMI' studies being done but that is BMI's over 30 and under 35 or so I thought. I don't think you'll have any trouble getting approved especially with co morbidities.

Janet, I am much better today. My stomach actually growled this morning. Now, I really have to keep track of the food going in. I think he will put the .5cc back in on the 18th or at least a little of it. Whew, I never realized how miserable it can be to have too much fill.

I missed you on the threads yesterday.....are you doing okay? I know the holidays can be tough when you are grieving. We are here for you.

Hugs for you today!

Good morning. GRRRR that half pound now has some friends. I'm up another whole pound today. What's going on?? The only difference in my normal routine was my breakfast. While out of town I ate s/f yogurt that had 14gm of Protein in it. Normal breakfast is eggbeaters and 2 slices precooked bacon. I drank even more Water than normal. Okay, Lori, don't stress over it! talking to myself here.

LORI, DON'T STRESS.....STRESS WILL KEEP THE LBS ON. ARE YOU DRINKING YOUR Water? MY DOCTOR SAID AT LEAST 60OZS A DAY OF liquid. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY......YOU ARE TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED.

Thanks Charlene, I am stressing over it somewhat. It's probably a good thing that tonight is my support group meeting. I've experienced weeks of not losing before but not of gaining. And what's bugging me is there's nothing I did to 'deserve' the gain. I could understand if I went totally off program or something. I know it will pass but I want that now pound and a half gone now! :biggrin:

LORI, DON'T STRESS.....STRESS WILL KEEP THE LBS ON. ARE YOU DRINKING YOUR Water? MY DOCTOR SAID AT LEAST 60OZS A DAY OF liquid. I HOPE YOU HAVE A GREAT DAY......YOU ARE TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED.

Lori - you are going to be fine. By the end of the week it will be gone, and others will be joining it. Wash it away with lots of Water, eat your healthy diet, get a little exercise and it will go away. Difference between your normal breakfast and the yogurt could not possibly cause a permanent pound (better known as a pp) to suddenly appear and completely stop your weight loss. You are golden, girl, and nothing is going to stop you.

I agree with the fickle band, amount of fill, etc. I am at 6.5 cc's in a 10cc band and can still eat anything and any amount I want. It's frustrating but I know it's a process. The doc's schedule is full until Jan so I can't get a fill until then. Bummer! I keep losing and gaining the same three pounds.

Joann - I'll be away for a couple of days, but just wanted to say good luck on your surgery Thursday. Check back in when you can.

- Kathy

I have been over weight all my life my BMI is 36.7 and I have Gerd,High Blood pressure, (on med for)hyperlipidemia,and Joint pain. I have Cigna OAP and have done all my testing and 6 months of doctors visits now i'm just waiting on Ins. I am glad to find this site I really need some buddys to help me with this stressful time, I am very nervous cause I have a low BMI and dont think I'll be approved. Is all I can do now is Hope for the best.

Thanks Holly

Holly....wishing you luck with your ins. approval. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. I had a BMI of 40 with many comorbidities and I worried waaaaaaaaaaay too much about approval. Just try to be patient and see what your company does. You have comorbidities and you have done your 6 mo. required.

Welcome to the group. A great place to be if you have questions or just need support!:cursing:

I'm 5'4 and weigh 214 thats why im stressing alittle but I do have Gerd,hyperlipidemia,and high blood pressure(on meds) I just dont know if I have enough co-morbid conditions.

Thanks Holly

Hi tonight (Tuesday). Went for my daily 2.4 mile walk and was busy around the house today. Today I had coffee and a chocolate unjury in skim milk for b, lunch was cottage cheese, mid afternoon a Protein bar and for supper I made Tilapia, salad and mixed vegetables. Well I had about 5 bites of fish and got stuck. Could not get anything else down. I am having alot of trouble with getting stuck. Tonight I have heartburn and that is a first since surgery. I don't know if I am overfilled or not. I have 2.7cc in a 4cc band. It is hard for me to eat most of the time and then all of a sudden, I can eat a meal. You know what, I walk right before dinner. Do you think that I am too tight after walking to eat? Would walking make my band tight. It seems to be sensative to stress so maybe thats why. I can drink just fine. Girls give me some advise. I don't like not being able to eat anything solid.

Beckyo:drool:

Good Day!

I just want to take a second and say hello! I am doing ok and hope all of you are also!

My weight loss is slow... i know I can do better, I just had transorbital taping surgery and can't exercise, but that is getting better soon! Finally I will be able to exercise and not wet myself! That has been a real bummer! Fixed!

Good to see new bandsters! Good luck to all of you!

Good Morning Gang....

Lori in June I went to my Sisters and gained like 2 lbs - and just like you I really didn't do anything too bad to cause it - but it came off in about a week - Heck I did eat this past weeked - candy - macaroni salad even a donut - and I am 138.5 this morning - so it will come off.. I know how hard this is on you - here is something weird that I have learned over the years - the weeks that I exercised the most I didn't lose very much - but then the next week I might not exercise as much and that week the lbs came off.. It's very strange - but I still find it to be true - so don't sweat it... Well I know you will but try not to too much..

Charlene - Yes being too tight is worse than not having restriction IMHO.. I have to be able to eat...

I am doing ok - I had my stepbro, uncle and 2 nephews over for Turkey and then left Friday to go to DS house up north - didn't come home til Monday(it was GD 14th bday on 12/1 and my Sis's 60th on Friday - so I got to see them both for their bdays) - then Yesterday wen't for PS consultation (see below for those details)

Yep the 1st set of holiday's are the worst - I know this already but I have family around so it's not too bad.. Each year I would invite my bro for turkey but he would never come - he was a bit of a recluse - plus he didn't like to drive anywhere cuz then he couldn't drink and he liked his wine..

JoannMarie - Tomorrow's your day - How are you doing today?? I was nervous so not eating wasn't a problem for me - I am diff than most pple I don't eat when nervouse or upset.. What time is your surgery?? Do you spend the night in the hospital.. I am not going to tell you it doesn't hurt cuz when I woke up I was in a little pain - but again this was only my 2nd surgery in my life - but they have great pain meds - walk to keep the gas down- that's what hurt the most - know that each day you will feel better and better - heck Phyl didn't have to stay overnight (if I remember correctly and she was like 63 when she had her surgery - she's a trooper)... Hugs & Prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery...

Kathy - no restriction yet?? are you eating soft foods or hard Proteins... I would tell your doc when you go in January that you want your tool to work - so give you a good fill - heck you can always have some taken out if it gets too tight.. See you this weekend..

Apples - wha't on the menu for today :0)

Holly- As long as your insurance covers the band - you really shouldn't have any problems...

Becky

I do find that exercise makes my band a little tighter - I go to the gym 4:15 or 5 depending on my schedule but I don't eat til 7:30 or 8 most nights... and sometimes I can barely eat my fish - but if I go very slow I do get it all in - just slowly... How is it when you drink Water?? You may need just a tad like .01 taken out...

OK I have put 1500 miles on my car since last Friday...

I will tell you something - I would never never never live in Los Angeles... OMW the fricking traffic - I didn't get home till 9:00 last night.. Ok here's my days events

I thought my appointment was at 11:30 (you know how you get something in your mind) so I left here at 8:30 allowing 3 hrs to get there - Well I missed the turn off for the 10 and got on the 101 (hwys) and knew I went too far - I am a little familar with the area from years ago.. So called Dr office and got directions (girl was great) so get there at 11:30 and she tell's me my appointment wasn't til 2:30 OMW now what to do (oh ya - had about $10 cash not thinking I needed $$ - well in LA you gotta pay for parking :scared2:) so I left found a mall - and walked around and tried on some clothes - didn't get anything - found an ATM got some cash - then left about 1:45 so I could get back - well got lost again - stupid me (my son is giving me a tom tom navigation for xmas but I needed it yesterday :cursing:) - finally go to the doc office 15 minutes late...

Like the doc alot she - I told her my arms were what bugged me the most but I wanted cost for the works - she said one thing at a time and that the works would be about $50k :thumbup: (which is what I assumed)

So she show me pic's of other patients - scar would be on the inside of my arm (these pic's were of older ladies and you could barely see them)- It would take about 4 hrs - and that she herself would do all the stiching cuz that's the most important part and she doesn't give that over to a nurse.. I would stay at an after care place overnight - and then she would see me the next day I would then go home and come back in a week - ok ready for the cost - and she gave me a 10% discount - for her the hospital - anethiease (sp) $8229 then about $800 for the after care overnight stay... Plus I would most likely have to get a car services to take me... so lets say $9k for the whole thing... Plus I gotta figure out when to schedule it...

Ok I gotta go put my face on - Have hair appointment this morning - so will ck back later - have a good Wed everyone..

Hugs....

Thank you for the good wishes, Janet. I have been so excited all week - but today I have calmed down a bit. I have not had major hunger with the pre-op and today it is liquids and Jello - yum. my favorites. I was up early with Abbie - she is not doing well. We see the vet this afternoon. I'm not feeling very hopeful about that.

I am spending the night at the hospital. Its about 1 1/2 hour drive from home and I opted for the stay because I did not think I would enjoy that drive home. DH is staying with me, sleeping in a recliner - I was told the staff would take very good care of him. I don't doubt that - he can be a real charmer! Soooo we are ready.

I sure do appreciate all the help, support, and advice from the friends I have made here on this and other threads. You are a wonderful group of people. I am so blessed to have you to turn to - especially in a few days when I will need to whine...

Good afternoon. Busy day for me today. On Wed. I have been volunteering at the hospital in the bariatric program so went and did that this morning. The fill nurse came by to teach a pre op class (she usually is not there on Wed. mornings), I told her I had an appt tomorrow with her for a fill and she told me to come over with her after the class to the office and we'd do it today so I wouldn't have to drive in again. That was great! I got a .5 cc of a fill. So far so good. I get mushies for dinner so am going out for some Beans. She felt that since I lost 20 lbs since the last fill that I probably needed it. I explained how I had felt I did then went on vacation on PB'd 3 times. She felt that was due to stress, not being as careful for the first one and that the 2nd two PB's were because I was irritated from the first one. (they all happened within 24 hours of each other). Water went down fine, will see about dinner. Some of my labs were back and I am low on Vitamin B1 so need to go get some of that to take, and have it rechecked in 3 mos.

Oh and I think I have a job. They want to know if I can start on Monday so that sounds pretty sure. It's for 2 to 2 1/2 hours a day from 6am to 8 or 830 at the rec center in my neighborhood. Now I will have no excuse to not workout as I can take my clothes and do it there before coming home. It seems tough to get up that early for only 2 hours but it will be an extra $100 or so a week and I can stash that and save up for a new wardrobe, trips, etc. It will be our 'blow' money. I talk to him aobut the job tomorrow.

Good luck with the new job, Long. Also, hope that fill is what you needed. You were kind of on the fence about it. Hope it will be a successful fill.

Janet...NOTHING was on the menu today. My guys finished up all the farming (no livestock on our farm) yesterday and took the day to go to a farm show 3 hours away. NO GUYS TODAY AT MY HOUSE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yahoo!!

I took the day for me. Had a color and cut at 11, eyelash extensions at 1pm and annual physical at 2:30. All went well. My general practitioner told me to not sweat the extra weight I lost after reaching goal. He stated that I am still within the normal range. I have been sweating it and trying to gain some of that ten pounds back. Neither him or my bariatric doc seem too bothered by it. My GP told me to enjoy the fact that I am ten less than what my goal was. Guess I am good to go on that.

JoAnne. Sending some love your way and will be thinking about you and cannot wait till you check in with us and let us know how you are doing. Take care and God Bless.