Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Please help me. I'm starving!!! I'm on my second day of full liquids and my surgery is Friday June 13th. Only four days away. I can't stop thinking about real food. I feel like I'm about to give in. Any suggestions?

Also, I know this is a Lapband site but I was informed that I will be getting a Realize band. Anyone else?

Lana

Please help me. I'm starving!!! I'm on my second day of full liquids and my surgery is Friday June 13th. Only four days away. I can't stop thinking about real food. I feel like I'm about to give in. Any suggestions?

Also, I know this is a Lapband site but I was informed that I will be getting a Realize band. Anyone else?

Lana

Lana - Sorry but I can't take away your hunger :tongue2: Suggestion thought call your doc and ask if you can have a small high Protein low fat meal (dinner for me - I called and asked got ok'd for 4 oz salmon & salad) But again my preop wasn't full liquids - oatmeal - shake - Soup and Protein Bars

Realize is a lapband - I have an AP (allergan) band which I think the majority have - but I have read that some do have the realized - i don't care the brand or how much fill I have all I have cared about is that it works :smile:

Hi Janet,

I head for the hospital tomorrow morning--need to be there at 6 am. I am excited and a little nervous. Since I have already gone throught the pre-op process and was ready to enter the operating room a couple of weeks ago (before they decided to postpone it for some more tests) I know what to expect this time--at least up to entering the operating room.

I got a scale from Target and a couple of the small bowls. Do your small bowls equate to one cup clear to the top? I have a bunch of liquids stuff stockpiled and been testing a few to see if I like them or not. My daughter is a RN so I will be staying with her the first night.

Thanks for all your encouragement!!!

Good morning!

Well today is day 4 and I feel so much better! Only pain is in the port area, the other incisions don't hurt at all, except when I bumped into the shopping cart at Walmart. I went to Walmart and walked the entire square around the store, and got some Imodium to help with my stomach issues. Also just called my dr.'s office, they had said if my tongue turned white I had an oral yeast infection and they'd call in an RX for me. That's probably part of the reason my mouth feels so funny. I keep having panicky feelings that my port flipped or something. I guess because that's my biggest fear. And it's a weird sensation at that spot. But in reality I just think I'm feeling something that didn't use to be there. Thanks so much for all the well wishes!!

Janet, I've seen you mention a WW meal plan a few times. I am assuming you follow the Core plan. Do you still attend WW? I went up until last Monday and didn't go today as I figured they'd yell at me for losing too much, I lost 6 last week and then about 8 more this week.

Hi Janet,

I head for the hospital tomorrow morning--need to be there at 6 am. I am excited and a little nervous. Since I have already gone throught the pre-op process and was ready to enter the operating room a couple of weeks ago (before they decided to postpone it for some more tests) I know what to expect this time--at least up to entering the operating room.

I got a scale from Target and a couple of the small bowls. Do your small bowls equate to one cup clear to the top? I have a bunch of liquids stuff stockpiled and been testing a few to see if I like them or not. My daughter is a RN so I will be staying with her the first night.

Thanks for all your encouragement!!!

Jill - You will be in my prayers tonite & tomorrow for a safe surgery and speedy recovery :sad_smile:

If you got the ones I suggested yep I took a measuring cup - filled it to one cup and poured it in and it was 1 cup.

Good morning!

Well today is day 4 and I feel so much better! Only pain is in the port area, the other incisions don't hurt at all, except when I bumped into the shopping cart at Walmart. I went to Walmart and walked the entire square around the store, and got some Imodium to help with my stomach issues. Also just called my dr.'s office, they had said if my tongue turned white I had an oral yeast infection and they'd call in an RX for me. That's probably part of the reason my mouth feels so funny. I keep having panicky feelings that my port flipped or something. I guess because that's my biggest fear. And it's a weird sensation at that spot. But in reality I just think I'm feeling something that didn't use to be there. Thanks so much for all the well wishes!!

Janet, I've seen you mention a WW meal plan a few times. I am assuming you follow the Core plan. Do you still attend WW? I went up until last Monday and didn't go today as I figured they'd yell at me for losing too much, I lost 6 last week and then about 8 more this week.

Long - When I 1st joined WW in mid 80's it was still the exchange plan

3 breads - 4 Protein etc - I have done points once - but still think in the exchange plan - I haven't been to an actual meeting in years - a few yrs ago we all chipped in and joined ww online and had an office thing going on - but then I went on vacation and no one followed the program :biggrin: cuz I was gone :wink_smile: I think the core plan is alot like the old exchange plan but not sure - I have read where sometimes WW doesn't like WLS people - you can do the online - or just go and if they look at you funny tell them with the look to go jump in a lake :thumbup:

Congrats on the 14 lbs -:thumbdown: Glad you are feeling better....

I wanted to pop :wink2:in here and say I am doing well. I have slept a lot! Like others I have mucho GAS! :rolleyes2:Rumbles around about 20-30 minutes after I have my "liquid" meal, then turns into diarrea.

I can handle it though!:party: I get very hungry and go drink Protein and then some Water.

I can't take the pain meds :crying:so I just use Tylenol and know I will be better off for it. Lucky I can handle pain easily.:P

I am open for suggestions on the phase 2 diet. I a getting really hungry.

I go to my post op on Friday and hope the Doc will let me have mushies!

THanks for the support! Sounds like everyone is doing well!:party:

Cathy, while it seems all dr.s have a different opinion on pre op diets, post op diets, etc. I can tell you what my dr. allows after the liquids. Starting at days 5, 6 or 7 you can choose amongst these 5 things: Scrambled egg, s/f pudding, yogurt, refried Beans. You have those for 2 days and then proceed to more choices. Tomorrow is day 5 for me and I am thinking of trying one of those items and see what happens. I have my post op appt the next day and I thought it would be good to know if I was having issues with those foods at my appt.

Glad you are feeling better. I am just one day ahead of you and what a difference a day makes. As I mentioned, this is day 4, and I feel like a new person. Still groggy, maybe it takes this 50 yr old body longer to recover than a youngster.

Thanks Janet, yes I keep a food journal, I know wxactly what I eat in a day, lol! I walk to curves which is a 20 minute brisk walk, and my workout I sweat, they have anew computrized program now, its awesome, really makes you work

Hi Janet,

i am at the hospital waiti gto be called for my surgery. I am a little scared but ready to have it done. I will let you know how it goes.

Jill

Good Morning Ladies...

Long 50 yr old :blink::lol: I was 52 when banded and was back to work on day 6 (desk job) I think we are all so very diff - heck I have read about a girl in her 30's who was home for 2 weeks :smile: So chickie you are doing great for a 50's girl:biggrin:

Cathy

I too had the runs for quite a while after surgery - so many have the other problem :thumbup:- I finally took some imodiam (sp) and it stopped...

Lulu

I had heard that curves had changed - I went a few yrs back

Just keep up the exercise and food journel - it will come

Jill - Hugs Love Prayers for a safe surgery and speedy recovery xoxoJanet

Hi Janet,

i am at the hospital waiti gto be called for my surgery. I am a little scared but ready to have it done. I will let you know how it goes.

Jill

How's everyone tonite?? Good I hope...

Your mentor was an exercise flake tonite:redface: - Had graduation last night - late dinner and some drama after we got home (between grown son and gs oh my I am glad my son doesn't live close anymore - it just tells me that it's right for me to have my grandson living with me) - so I only had about 4 hrs sleep - I am up at 5 - so I flaked on the gym tonite - But will get there tomorrow - Promise

This is what we all have to learn is that life does happen and we have to work around it. I use to really push myself a little too hard in the exercise dept - then I realized (after discussion with Uncle) that if I tried to keep up that pace I would just burn myself out - so I slowed it some and still increased the intensity but not with the all or none mentality...

Well, I am off to the couch and to bed by 9 (45 minutes) so talk to you all tomorrow..

Jill had surgery today - so keep her in your prayers/thoughts..

TTYT :smile2:

Janet,

Sorry to hear about the family drama that kept you up the night before. Your grandson and your son are so lucky to have you. You are so right about adjusting life to your emotional needs and giving in once in awhile regarding exercise. We all have days where we just can't do it. That is ok.

Oh well, its 7:12 and I want to get in my exercise bike before work. Maybe I can get through 25 minutes today.

Have a great day.

Alice

Banded April 8, 2008

271/245.5/150

Janet,

Sorry to hear about the family drama that kept you up the night before. Your grandson and your son are so lucky to have you. You are so right about adjusting life to your emotional needs and giving in once in awhile regarding exercise. We all have days where we just can't do it. That is ok.

Oh well, its 7:12 and I want to get in my exercise bike before work. Maybe I can get through 25 minutes today.

Have a great day.

Alice

Banded April 8, 2008

271/245.5/150

Thanks Alice - Drama, it never ends... We go for a while without it then in rears it's ugly head. I am not one to feel guilty about taking a day off every now and then - life happens - we have to adjust - it's just like eating something you shouldn't - no use it beating yourself up about it - you can't change the past all you can do is move forward. This is my philosophy in general about life. Realization is key.. Holding on to the past isn't going to help but hurt in the long run..

Great on getting exercise in before work - I would have to get up at 4:30 to get it in - and that's just to early for me..

Well, gotta get my butt in gear (I'm at work :smile:)

I will ck back later.. Have a good day ladies - good food choices and drink your Water :tongue2:

Janet,

Sorry to hear about the drama. But glad to hear it is possible to work around it without food!

I do have a question for you today:

I got to add a few mushy foods to my liquids today. I had scrambled eggs last night. This is a really stupid question, but how do I know when I am full? I am so afraid of over doing it. After barely an ounce of the eggs I got a odd feeling in my chest like I needed to burp so I stopped and felt like I couldn't eat no more. However, it is a different full feeling from before and I thought I couldn't possibly be full on that little bit. I think my head is behind my stomach in judging what I should be having. I am trying the eggs again this morning and only cooked 1 oz of egg beaters and I can barely eat half before that feeling comes back. However the burp never seems to come and an hour or so later it was gone. My husband thinks I am going to be a cheap date now. LOL

I go for my one week post op already today!!!