Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

thanks so much. i do not mind tough band love. i need a good kick in th a$$ everynow and then. as far as the fills go this is the schedule my md has for me. but like you said it is just a tool. i will start a food diary TODAY. thanks

Brez - We all do (need that kick :lol: in the A$$) That's why I love my trainer - he allows no excuses :lol:

I still keep a food diary today - it's too easy to forget that Protein bar from 10 am this morning or that frappacino (light of course) ...

Keep me posted and if you think you need another fill - call them and tell them that your tool isn't any good to you without proper restriction..

I am lucky my doc is pretty aggressive when it comes to fills.

Hugs

Which brand of the SF choc pudding do you like? They were giving samles in the store the other day. I am glad. I found the Swiss Miss

to be tastier than the Jello brand. I have had the Jello brand ones in

my frige for a long time. They seem tastelss to me.

More later. Gotta hold baby!

Which brand of the SF choc pudding do you like? They were giving samles in the store the other day. I am glad. I found the Swiss Miss

to be tastier than the Jello brand. I have had the Jello brand ones in

my frige for a long time. They seem tastelss to me.

More later. Gotta hold baby!

I eat the jello brand - double choc - I will have to look for the swiss miss

Janet, thanks for your post about the sweets. I guess when I am in that mood, I don't even think about the calories-I just go for it. Most of the time, I can handle it but there are those days that I just let the cravings take over.

I am really happy that my friend who is the baker that I spend so much time with, has finally decided to start eating healthier with her diabetes. She loves to bake brownies. I can totally relate to the brownies. They are one of my favorite things. My dad gave me a box of sugar free candy and I threw the whole box in the dumpster in Arizona. sugar free or not, they still have the same amount of calories. It was a big box of Russell Stover's.

We all became overweight for the same reason. We like to eat. It really stinks that I can stay on the plan for a few weeks and not lose anything, but if I give in, I gain immediately.

I got a fill yesterday. I have a 10 band and it is filled to 8. I have new hope and this forum is wonderful. Today I had 2 salads and a yogurt, and a low fat cheese stick. Of course I will expect to see a 10 lbs. loss tomorrow morning I feel better about myself already. Thanks

Patti:thumbup:

My Sister,

What advice do you have for me regarding exercise? I am just under two months out from surgery and have had my first fill. I have lost about thirty pounds since my pre-op diet. I was 268 the day before surgery and now weigh 241.5. I am motivated to make the absolute most out of my band. It has been good to me and I'm trying to be good to me. What ever you have will be helpful. I thank God for the opportunity to be a receipient of you paying it forward.

Be blessed.

Hi Janet,

I went to the DailyPlate and started my food diary. I was really inpressed with the site and what it has to offer. I have already begun to realize how important it is to keep this food diary. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Also, I have made it through my first day of semi-liquids--without a problem. I seem to gain motivation each day knowing you are there encouraging me on. Thanks so much for being my "buddy".:cursing:

Hi Janet,

I went to the DailyPlate and started my food diary. I was really inpressed with the site and what it has to offer. I have already begun to realize how important it is to keep this food diary. Thanks for pointing me in that direction. Also, I have made it through my first day of semi-liquids--without a problem. I seem to gain motivation each day knowing you are there encouraging me on. Thanks so much for being my "buddy".:Dancing_sad:

Jill

Glad to help :cursing:- That's what I am here for :biggrin2:... I truly feel that keeping a food diary log is very very important. As fat chick's we really didn't realize how much we were eat as to what the calorie content was/is and what a real portion size is.

Another suggestion - get a scale to weigh & measure food (once you get it again:tongue:) This will help you recognize what 4 oz looks like (got mine at bed bath and beyond - i got one that give calories & other junk like Protein - carbs fat a little pricey $100 but well worth it). Also if you have a Target by you go and get this little bowl - it's one cup - they have them in diff colors red, beige, blue - to me they are Oriental looking black on the outside and colored on the inside - also eat off small plates (sandwich or dessert plates) get some toddler utensils too.

Also sound like you do get one meal per day - practice small bites - chew chew and no drinking with meals - It does take practice and I forget every now and then about the small bites and chewing when I am hungry - but then my band reminds me :ohmy:

The not drinking with meals or after takes a little work but it wasn't that hard for me.

I am so happy that you are really motivated - open to suggestion and taking this seriously (not the quick fix) you will be successful with this mindset

Hugs

Janet

Ok Bea - Long2bThin - teacherofk - froggi1985 -Jill-- Rach -MarLinda; Linda13- cathychatts - Patti

Just cking in on my girls - wondering how you all are doing tonite...

Remember - drink you Water - good food choice and if it goes in your mouth you write it down :thumbup:

hello i will love to ask you questions. i had my surgery on march 27th and the weight is coming off so slowly.

Ladybug - what is slowly and how much do you have to lose (I forgot what your ticker said) Are you exercising - What are you eating - do you have restriction.

My Sister,

What advice do you have for me regarding exercise? I am just under two months out from surgery and have had my first fill. I have lost about thirty pounds since my pre-op diet. I was 268 the day before surgery and now weigh 241.5. I am motivated to make the absolute most out of my band. It has been good to me and I'm trying to be good to me. What ever you have will be helpful. I thank God for the opportunity to be a receipient of you paying it forward.

Be blessed.

Thanks Godshelp... You will do the same in paying if forward too..

Exercise - I started slowly (I didn't do anything after my 6 week ck up)

I have a gym across the street from my development - I started doing like a 25 minute mile - was drenched in sweat - did that for a week and then increased speed once a week (I would go to the gym 4-5 days a week)

I am now doing 3.5 miles in 51 minutes on speeds starting at 3.0 to 4.0 and inclines 0 to 7 - Just start slowly - get your body use to it and then each week challenge yourself to increase speed and miles & time on the machines

If you can afford it - ck into a trainer - cardio really doesn't build muscule like working with weights - muscles burn more calories - so if you can start working with the weights too..

You are doing good on your weight loss - 27 lbs in 2 months CONGRATS:cool2:

Add the exercise and you will keep seeing those lower numbers every week :thumbup:

Hi Indi,

It's yoru girl MarLinda!!! Yesterday was sureal. Every aspect of my day was amazing. Expecially post surgery. Yesterday was all about the morphine. No one believed I had surgery. I walked the hall all day. My surgery time was around 10:30. I was placed in my room around 2ish. Didn't sleep a wink. Had to get 2 Ambien. One at 1:00 and the next at 2:00 am. Couldn't urinate had to be catheterized. I went 700mg (trust me I tried every trick). I downgraded my pain medication to the roxicet. I was then able to find success around 5:00 am, and the rest is history. Today overall was pretty good. Isopure was an amazing help ( i added 2 equals) with everything else. Oh, the pill crusher I bought at GNC was a great help to crush the Vicodin.

Love,

MarLinda:tt2:

Hi Indi,

It's yoru girl MarLinda!!! Yesterday was sureal. Every aspect of my day was amazing. Expecially post surgery. Yesterday was all about the morphine. No one believed I had surgery. I walked the hall all day. My surgery time was around 10:30. I was placed in my room around 2ish. Didn't sleep a wink. Had to get 2 Ambien. One at 1:00 and the next at 2:00 am. Couldn't urinate had to be catheterized. I went 700mg (trust me I tried every trick). I downgraded my pain medication to the roxicet. I was then able to find success around 5:00 am, and the rest is history. Today overall was pretty good. Isopure was an amazing help ( i added 2 equals) with everything else. Oh, the pill crusher I bought at GNC was a great help to crush the Vicodin.

Love,

MarLinda:tt2:

Marlinda - How fantastic that you are doing so well - you must work in the medical field cuz of your knowledge of the meds :thumbup:

My surgery was like 7 am when I woke up in my room i had a cath and they took it out that afternoon and I didn't get up to walk til late that 1st night - and when the doc came to release me the next day around 1 pm I was in terrible gas pains in my shoulder - I was afarid to go home in that kind of pain as vicodin and I don't get along real well (I had/have liquid vicodin) so I got another pain shot which puts me to sleep - could have gone home that evening but wasn't thinking left the hospital 8:30 on Thursday and never took any meds since that last shot on Wed around 1 p.m.

I was thinking of you tonite - an am so happy to here that you had a safe surgery and are doing so well ... I never tried the isopure - I am glad you like it...

Welcome to bandland - get your Protein in - drink your Water and don't cut all the fat from your diet - my hair dressers says that's the reason for the Hair loss - I have reduced my fat intake drasticlly (I love Paula Dean - Butter girl and Emril Pork fat rules :thumbup:)- but I still have olive oil and a little marg

Rest and don't over do it - Take Care and I will talk to you tomorrow

Hugs & Kisses

Janet

Good Morning!

I am on my last day with a big ole stomach! :thumbup:

Clear liquids again today,:thumbup: I am doing ok but have a bit of a headache! :thumbup:

I will survive though.:thumbup:

I have surgery tomorrow with Dr. Jeff Kramer and Dr. Jammie Ponce (the Reazlie Man) :thumbup: I am lucky to be one of the people that gets surgery proctored by Dr. Ponce. If you go to the Realize Band web site he is the Dr. on the video.

Anyway, I will be back asap to report progress:unsure: and continue my journey with your support! :thumbup:

Thanks!:thumbup:

Ok Bea - Long2bThin - teacherofk - froggi1985 -Jill-- Rach -MarLinda; Linda13- cathychatts - Patti

Just cking in on my girls - wondering how you all are doing tonite...

Remember - drink you Water - good food choice and if it goes in your mouth you write it down :thumbup:

Thanks for checking up on me. I'm a little nervous right now. I leave for the hospital in 30 min. and am killing time on the computer! But I am very excited. Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!!!!!!!! And I am now down over 20 lbs from my highest!! and that's before band, of course 2 days of Clear Liquids helped with that!

Good Morning!

I am on my last day with a big ole stomach! :thumbup:

Clear liquids again today,:thumbup: I am doing ok but have a bit of a headache! :thumbup:

I will survive though.:thumbup:

I have surgery tomorrow with Dr. Jeff Kramer and Dr. Jammie Ponce (the Reazlie Man) :thumbup: I am lucky to be one of the people that gets surgery proctored by Dr. Ponce. If you go to the Realize Band web site he is the Dr. on the video.

Anyway, I will be back asap to report progress:unsure: and continue my journey with your support! :thumbup:

Thanks!:thumbup:

Cathy - You are in my prayers for surgery tomorrow - Great that you have Dr. Ponce - I really don't know the diff between the 2 bands - I have the allergan band new one - Today shouldn't be to hard as far as the clear liquids go - at least for me it wasn't cuz when I am nervous i don't eat.

Hugs

Janet

Thanks for checking up on me. I'm a little nervous right now. I leave for the hospital in 30 min. and am killing time on the computer! But I am very excited. Today is the first day of the rest of my life!!!!!!!!! And I am now down over 20 lbs from my highest!! and that's before band, of course 2 days of clear liquids helped with that!

Long2bthin - Prayers, Hugs - you will be find - Yes will be the 1st day of the rest of your new healthier life... We you feel up to it - let us know how you are...

Hugs

Janet