Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

How do you get your ticker tape item on your responses. I went to tickerfactory.com and made one but I don't know how to put it on my answers. I know it is probably easy as nearly everyone seems to have one.

Jill:confused:

Jill - here is the like to tell you how to get a ticker

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f5/ticker-tutorial-pictures-41782/

follow the directions - it should work..

indio girl55,

wow i came on the website to look for support and there you are. you have done a great job. congrats to you. i am sooo bumbed out. i was banded 1-11-08. i lost 14 pounds,then gained 13 pounds then lost 14 pounds now back to gaining 13 pounds. i have had 1 fill .6 in 4cc band. i called to get another appointment for a fill but i have to wait till the 16th of the month. i do not eat bread. comes back out. not too much beef either. i guess my question is as far as portion size goes what should we be taking in. at first i could only do 1/4-1/2 cup as a serving. thanks in advance for your help.

Brez

Warning - I give tough band love :lol:

The reason that you have gained is that you ar choosing the wrong kinds of foods and aren't exercising.

Why have you only one fill in 4 1/2 months - I got my first fill 6 weeks out and then went pack in like 1 month for my second.

First you need proper restriction for your tool to work (and that's all your band is a tool) then you gotta make healthy food choices and exercise.

Amount of food will depend on the types of food you are eating - here is my typical menu

Breakfast

Yogurt & 1/4 c granola - or weight control oatmeal - or egg sandwich on light bread or a Fiber One Bar.< /p>

lunch

1 cup - one pot wonder (meat veggie cooked together in one pot - i just throw things together - ground turkey - cabbage - onion bell pepper soy sauce garlic-eggplant) Left overs - today ch thigh & 3/4 collard greens usually 3 or 4 oz of meat & veggies

dinner

4 oz baked fish 1/2 c rice and 1/2 - 3/4 veggies with i can't believe its not butter spray

Snacks

100 calorie pack popcorn - 1 cup fruit - sf healthy choice fudgecicle - dannon light n fit yogurt - sf pudding

I go to the gym 4 times a week minimum. I keep a food diary

You gotta choose healthy foods that are lower in fat - sugar free and limited carb and exercise

Losing weight is all about calories in vs calories out - 3500 is 1 lbs = you gotta reduce your calories by 500 a day to lose 1 lbs a week.

So start logging you food - dailyplate.com - or fitday.com and then you will see how many calorie you are eating and where to make the cuts

You can do this - you really can - it takes work and discipline - but with the help of your tool it's doable.

Come on you are worth the extra work - you will feel 10 yrs younger once the weight starts coming off - you will have more energy

Make the commitment to your self right this second - from this moment forward I am going to make good choices - no more excuses as to why I can't do something - BUT ALL THE REASONS WHY I CAN!!!

Hi ,

My name is PattiU I need support too. Congrats on your great loss. I just went back for a fill today and it was 1 year & 5 months since I went there, ate all wrong and gained back 4 lbs. I should have lost tons. I need to work this so that it works for me. I was banded Aug 2006. but I am starting over RIGHT NOW!!!! Thank You for being there. Patti

All together I lost 11 lbs.

Hi ,

My name is PattiU I need support too. Congrats on your great loss. I just went back for a fill today and it was 1 year & 5 months since I went there, ate all wrong and gained back 4 lbs. I should have lost tons. I need to work this so that it works for me. I was banded Aug 2006. but I am starting over RIGHT NOW!!!! Thank You for being there. Patti

All together I lost 11 lbs.

Patti

Good for you on getting back on track - not every addict succeeds their first time - we all will fall down - but what we have to remember is to quit making excuses and do the work -

Warning - some real tough love here and please know I am talking about myself too and this is not directed at anyone - but you know what we are lazy - we are cry babies - oh it's too hard I can't lose the weight - I am always hungry (80% of the time it's head hunger really - or if you like our addiction calling us - we need the food to soothe our feelings)

With our band we no longer have that excuse - we had major frickin surgery to get the tool that we needed to help us achieve our goals

To all of you - prior to being banded I had just plain given up on losing the weight - convinced myself I liked who I was and if no one else did - too bad.

But you know what - I really didn't like me - I didn't like sleeping my weekends away - I didn't like that when I went on my cruise with my sister in Feb 07 that it was too far to walk to the other end of the ship where her room was - everything i did was with the least amount of exercise possible - I joked at dinner that I was eating my way across America. I hated it when I went to Mazatlan (sp) and could barely walk back to my room cuz there was an incline and I would get so winded - I would get where I was going and sit on my ass until I had to get up and walk back.. Same thing going to a concert - would get to my seat and hope I didn't have to go pee. I was a fat slug bug. I would break out in a sweat just to vacuum the house - my feet where always killing me - i wore nothing but flats & tennie shoes...

Now - I am up at 6 on Saturday Mornings at the gym by 7 til 8 home then showder and then out and about until 5 or 6 - I went to Laughlin a couple of weeks ago and walked around - my gf laughed and said before I would have driven the car to the hotel next door (which was true)

Ladies - you will feel 100% better once that weight comes off physically and mentally - you will add years to your life - the quality of your life will improve

Yes it's work but you all really can do it - stay on top of your fills - make good food choices - exercise - just one day at a time

It's not that hard to give up eating junk - you think it will be but it's not

After you get the weight off you can allow for treats again - you can eat a cookie or 2 - it's not those one or 2 Cookies that got us fat - it was cuz we ate the whole damn bag... and if you can't stop at one or 2 then just don't start -

Ok I gotta leave for the gym - trainer day - arms and then walking on the treadmill.. Will Ck back later :lol:

Thank you so much! You are speaking the truth! I am better than I used to be , because a heel spur operation fixed not being able to walk too much. I can move around I go to the pool to exercise, just need to do it everyday. Felt like I just gave up but no more! Thanks for being here,

PattiU

Thanks you are soooo right. I need to hear the truth! I will work this a whole different way now. Thanks alot.

PattiU

Check in soon:thumbup:

Hi all, so glad I finally came back to the site! I was banded last year, coming up to a year the end of June. I have lost only 31 lbs during that time and realize most of my slow weight loss is probably due to my still poor eating habits. However I seem to be back on the right track as 5 of those lbs were lost in the past 2 weeks! I still need someone to either whack me over the head or kick me in my you know where. LOL

Or some of that tough love stuff.

What spurred me back on track? I bought a couple of WLS books and have been reading them while on my bike after dinner. The book by Colleen Cook really opened my eyes and has made ME accountable for myself. I've finally come to terms with my tool. And that's just what the band is; a tool. Just like WW, Jenny Craig, South Beach or any of the other WL programs out there. I still have to work it and dang-nab-it that's just what I'm going to do. LOL

Oh and please let me know how I can help any of you all.

Marie

Hi all, so glad I finally came back to the site! I was banded last year, coming up to a year the end of June. I have lost only 31 lbs during that time and realize most of my slow weight loss is probably due to my still poor eating habits. However I seem to be back on the right track as 5 of those lbs were lost in the past 2 weeks! I still need someone to either whack me over the head or kick me in my you know where. LOL

Or some of that tough love stuff.

What spurred me back on track? I bought a couple of WLS books and have been reading them while on my bike after dinner. The book by Colleen Cook really opened my eyes and has made ME accountable for myself. I've finally come to terms with my tool. And that's just what the band is; a tool. Just like WW, Jenny Craig, South Beach or any of the other WL programs out there. I still have to work it and dang-nab-it that's just what I'm going to do. LOL

Oh and please let me know how I can help any of you all.

Marie

Marie

Congrats on getting back on track and taking responsiblity for your choice (good & bad) - if you need a kick - or a whack - you have come to the right place :(

I was so very lucky - my 50+ ladies drilled this into me - it's just a tool while I was doing my research on the band - so I knew going it - it wasn't the magic cure all to our issues with food.

I think that we will have to work at this for the rest of our lives - it should bcome a little eaiser along the way - but we always will have to be cautious not to allow ourselves to back slide slowly in to our addiction.

Well I really gotta go feed the dogs and me - lbt - my transfer addictions:biggrin:

Janet, I have been wondering where you went! You haven't checked in on the over 50's thread.

The band is great. I had no trouble losing the 5 lbs I gained in Arizona when I was stressed out to the max.

I am actually going to try to lose some more. I thought I would be happy at this weight, but over the weekend, my friend took pictures of me. I still look fat in those pictures. I don't have a skin problem other than my arms, and that is what I was afraid of if I lost anymore.

Janet, I have been wondering where you went! You haven't checked in on the over 50's thread.

The band is great. I had no trouble losing the 5 lbs I gained in Arizona when I was stressed out to the max.

I am actually going to try to lose some more. I thought I would be happy at this weight, but over the weekend, my friend took pictures of me. I still look fat in those pictures. I don't have a skin problem other than my arms, and that is what I was afraid of if I lost anymore.

Denise

I posted there tonite :( and I responded to one of your post on the I did it thread I thought?? I have been super busy at work haven't even really posted as much on my Lucky #7 thread either. Between work - home (have my GD for another 2 weeks till schools out) plus my GS - 2 dogs - dinner - family issues - work - gym - haven't had much time.. But am still around :drool:- I didn't get on the computer at all yesterday - a freind/ my broker stopped by on his way to AZ and then I had to catch on my Lost..

I understand what you are saying my original goal was 170 (never thought I would make it )- then moved it down to 160 - then 150 - back to 160 cuz I was afraid I wouldn't make 150 (but heck 3 lbs to go) - and I think I will be happy - I am in 6's & 8's and Medium tops - so I am good.

I'm like you my arms are the worst for wear infact talked to my doc about it and he is going to give me the name of a lady dr in beverly hills - we have a bid on one of our properties and if goes thru - I will get my arms done for sure and maybe the other stuff - who knows - I don't like pain - tummy not to bad - got grandma boobs - but heck I am a grandma - with a good bra they look good.

IndioGirl55,

I went to the ticker site you gave me and it is a closed thread and I couldn't get the tutorial. I can get to TickerFactory.com and design a ticker and then I don't know what to do in order to get it to the lapband site.

I started my semi-liquid diet this morning as I have my surgery next Tuesday. I am very motivated as you have helped me to be more optimistic and to realize I CAN do this.

IndioGirl55,

I went to the ticker site you gave me and it is a closed thread and I couldn't get the tutorial. I can get to TickerFactory.com and design a ticker and then I don't know what to do in order to get it to the lapband site.

I started my semi-liquid diet this morning as I have my surgery next Tuesday. I am very motivated as you have helped me to be more optimistic and to realize I CAN do this.

Jill

On the ticker problem - you can still follow the instructions even thought it's closed - you just can't post there but those are the instructions - you make your ticker then copy the codes that are at the bottom and paste into your signature - I haven't done it since last May - so not a big help - I just know where the instructions are - follow them and see what happens

Jill - I really beleive that you can do this - I have and I am no diff than you - the band is a great tool - and as long as you know that going in and you have your mind in the game - you can make this a lifetime lifestyle change - it's not that hard - it's work but as i am always saying it's doable work..

You will be in my prayers on the 10th for a safe surgery and speedy recovery..

Let me know about the ticker issues.

Even though I am not considered a newbie, I still need your help Janet.

I read where you were around all those Christmas Cookies and didn't give in. Where do you get your willpower? I am sure I could be down quite a bit more if I didn't fall off the wagon with the sweets. food is not the problem, it's the sweets. It seems like I can go along for quite awhile and then all of a sudden, I crave them so badly I can't stand it.

The sugar free stuff just doesn't do the trick for me. Besides, sugar free candy has just as many calories.

I stopped getting emails to my threads for some reason so it's been harder for me to reply on my threads.

Even though I am not considered a newbie, I still need your help Janet.

I read where you were around all those Christmas Cookies and didn't give in. Where do you get your willpower? I am sure I could be down quite a bit more if I didn't fall off the wagon with the sweets. food is not the problem, it's the sweets. It seems like I can go along for quite awhile and then all of a sudden, I crave them so badly I can't stand it.

The sugar free stuff just doesn't do the trick for me. Besides, sugar free candy has just as many calories.

I stopped getting emails to my threads for some reason so it's been harder for me to reply on my threads.

Denise

I crave sweets like every 3 or 4 months but not on a daily basis - I hate the saying "nothing taste as good as thin feels" cuz I think it's bs - food does taste good and sometimes more than a size 8 :lol:

Since I count calories and I look at a piece of cheese cake being like 900 - I say oh crap it's just not worth it (that's 100% of my calories somedays) .. I love brownies - I have not had one since being banded - one night I was craving them and so I had a box in the pantry - i took out 2 tblsp of mix and mixed it with a little Water and ate it - I got the taste without all those calories then threw it away..

I bought a reese pb cup a few weeks back 210 calories for both pieces - I ate one on Friday and the other on Saturday - now if I had bought a bag of them - I could have eaten them all - so I didn't - just one serving over 2 days -

Healthy Choice Fudgecicles - they are sf and good - I have a new trick with them - I have the cake cones (left over from when son was staying with me) I take the fudgecicle and cut off pieces and stick them in the cone (25 calories) and then I have an ice cream cone for 105 calories.

I guess for me the sf double choc pudding - healhty choice fudgecicles and dannon light & fit yogurt & fruit will now satisfy my sweet tooth.

On grandson's bday I made him cupcakes - I allowed myself 2 (over 2 days) but that friday they were calling my name - so I put them in a freezer bad - said here put these in your room so I can't eat them..

Avoidance and # of calories are the 2 reasons I don't succumb to my sweet tooth - I like the way I look and feel - and if I start eating sweets I am going to go back to being fat and I don't want that.

So like an addict I just don't start - and if I do - it's just a tad and then no more and if it's in the house and I can't say no - then it goes in the trash...

Do I miss it ya - sometimes - I miss food still - I miss eating high fat/calorie foods - but now that I read lables - see how much something is - it's just not doable anymore - my meals are usually around 200 to 250 with 2 Snacks at 100 so that's 950 a day (approx)- some days more some days less - but I spend my calories wisely...

I figured the ticker thing out for now. Thanks a lot. And thanks again for the motivational comments. Last night I attended a LAP BAND support group meeting that dealt with PS (Body Contouring) and boy was it eye-opening. Not only is the surgery expensive and major but it is gross. I hope I never have to have any--but my arms will probably look terrible if I don't. They are flabby and I haven't even had the surgery or lost any weight. This is the best decision I have made to have the Lap Band now instead of later when I would probably be even more overweight.

thanks so much. i do not mind tough band love. i need a good kick in th a$$ everynow and then. as far as the fills go this is the schedule my md has for me. but like you said it is just a tool. i will start a food diary TODAY. thanks