Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hey there Gang

How is everyone doing today???

Just got back from the gym - 3 miles in 50 minutes - 3.5 speed 7 incline and 4.0 speed on 3 incline. Then 15 minute of arms on the weights.

Gotta jump in the shower and take GD shopping for 8th grade graduation on Monday - she needs white pants.

I just wanted to ck in on my girls and see how everyone was doing today.

I will ck back later - enjoy your Saturday...

Good food choices - Water - the food cop is on patrol :(

Hugs - Janet

I am offically a member of the bandsters! I am so glad to be on the other side.

I had surgery on the 6th at 10:30 and was home by 5:00. It was pretty uneventful! I am doing good, just the port pain and gas between the shoulders. I am walking about every 30 minutes and not taking the pain meds. They gave me Lortab and it has codine in it (I told them it made me sick) so I decided I would just go with liquid Tylenol and it works fine.

I am sipping every 30 minutes or so and had about 3 oz of protien bullet.

Thanks Janet for the support. I am so ready to get on with this new life!

I'm feeling a little better every day. I am focusing on getting more Water in today, I think I am getting dehydrated. My mouth is so dry I don't have an saliva. I am carrying a bottle around with me all day and sipping. Not sure if I am sipping too much as I've more of an issue with naseau today. Never had much gas pain, and the port hole/incision is the most painful, but so far today have only taken Tylenol, i have oxocodone for my pain pill and they don't make me too loopy, at least I didn't think so til I played a game of cards with hubby and kids last night and I couldn't add my score. LOL

I am so tired though, slept from 8 to 8 last night and just fell asleep in the chair. I was supposed to go to a BBQ tomorrow but think I will cancel.

Cathy and Long2bthin,

Welcome to Bandland! I was banded on April 8 and my experience was alot like Long2bthin's. I stopped the pain meds after about the 3rd day but did take them before bed because I was more achy and throbbing by then. The port side pain was the worst. I did not experience gas pains like so many. I'm still adjusting to my new life, but going through this has helped me look at my eating habits more closely and just recently I've realized that I have to listen to the signals from my band very closely. Janet is an awesome mentor and I can tell from what she has written to everyone that she has worked very hard for the last several months and been super successful. We are all on the same road and will eventually catch up to her.

Have a great day!

Alice

Banded 4/8/08

271/245.5/150

Janet,

What a young grandmother you are. I just became a grandma one year ago for the first time. My son and his wife and daughter live in CALIFORNIA (LA). Way too far away! I've been fortunate this past year to have seen them about 5 times and I will see them in October again.

I've had a really good day so far. I'm watching the calories very carefully. I exercised on the recumbent bike we have in the house but I only lasted 20 minutes! I thought it would be easier than walking, but boy was I wrong. I'm pretty sure I will get 48 oz of Water in today, too. I burp alot after drinking. Does that mean I'm drinking too fast? I'm trying to listen to my band a little closer and get the messages. It will most likely be easier after my next fill.

Hope you had a great day with GD and I hope you have a great evening.

Alice

Banded April 8, 2008

271/245.5/150

I am so bummed out... I went to my seminar today. it was two hours away, but I was almost an hour early. The seminar itself went great. I really liked the doctor very much -- he was informative and very thorough. There were also patients of his who spoke about their experience with the band, and lots of before and after pictures. I figured the worst case scenario would be the six month supervised diet, although two of my DH's coworkers (same insurance) said they did not have to do it. Still, I was prepared to hear that. Everyything was great until I handed in my paperwork, with no personal physician info. I told them that I could give them a doctor's name that I had seen, but it had been a long time since I'd been there. It was then that I was told that I would need proof of a doctor's having seen and weighed me at least once a year for the last five years! I have not done anything medical for the last five years besides a flu shot! When I explained this, they just kept saying to "think back". I have not forgotten -- I have not been to the doctor! I did fill out a detailed diet history. What in the world am I going to do now? When I asked them this, they just said I could "self-pay". This is simply not an option for me. I'm sorry this is so long winded, but I would very much appreciate any ideas. Thanks! And congratulations, Cathy!

Congratulatons Cathychatts! I'll be right there with you in 17 more days. I can't wait. Keep us posted on your recovery and new life's journey. :incazzato:

Linda13,

My 'guess' is the reason they asked you for all that is they know your insurance. Many insurances want documented weight loss attempts by a dr. before they will approve you for surgery. And some will make you do a 6 month diet before hand as well. At least that is what I have gathered from reading the message boards here. If you are going the insurance route it just might take you awhile to get approval. I'm not too familiar with it, because I did do self pay. My insurance didn't cover any bariatric surgery. Good luck to you!

Indiogirl55, congratulations on how well you have done in so little time! I am 54 and 256lbs at 5'4". I will be banded on the 25th of this month and would love any support you can give. I see you already have a lot of takers! You are such an inspiraton to so many. I look forward to reading your posts and gleaning your advice. Thank you.

Linda,

Keep on plugging away. If you need to see a doctor, see one asap and explain your situation. He will most likely document health issues about your weight and a month from now you can go back to the surgery doctor. It may take a little longer to get approved and scheduled, but if you put it off, it will take a lot longer.

You will get there and be successful on this journey!

Alice

Banded 4/8/08

271/245.5/150

Hi Ladies,

How is everyone? Cathy and Long2bthin, are you feeling better. I know I was tired for at least a week, but the pain was much less by day 3 or 4. Hang in there!

Janet,

I hope you had a great weekend. I did good with food. I could do better with exercise. I did exercise this morning for 20 minutes and will be walking with friend from work at lunchtime, so today will be better.

DJ and Linda,

Hope you are both gearing up for your journeys into better health, new bodies and feeling good about accomplishing the ever elusive weight loss.

Have a great day everyone!

Alice

Banded April 8, 2008

271/245.5/150

Thank you for your words of encouragement, Alice. Cathy and Long2bThin hope you are feeling good today.

Hi Janet, I wa banded Jan 25th/08 weight was at 261 and i am now at 219 42 pounds, but I have not lost in 2 months, I am getting extremely fustrated! I knew I wasn't getting enough caloties, so everyone was saying so I uped my calories from 900 - 1300 and nothing nota pound, inches are the same, my last fill was May 3 to 7cc, I don't know, feel like crying, is this it?? p.s I walk 20 mins every mornin and curves circuit 5 days a week, any thing you could tell me would be appreciated, what is your menue like for a day??

Hey Gang - Sorry I wasn't here since early Saturday - but I had company and I will be gone next weekend to see my Sister ...

Yep I am a young Grandma :tongue2:

I was a young mom (16) I have 3 grandkids GS 17 (he lives with me)

2 GD'S 13 & 4. 13 yr graduates tonite from 8th grade - so doubt you will hear from me tonight..

Cathy - You sound like you are doing great...

Long2bthin - Your body is talking to you - take it easy - some of us recover faster than others - no rhyme or reason.

Linda - I had only been to doc a couple of times in the past 5 yrs - mostly for colds - oh I did get put on high blood pressure meds - but that's it.

Call your insurance and tell the the situation and see what they say,

Alice - You are getting exercise - more that you use to most likely - Just keep plugging away - each week it will get easier..

DJ - I am here for everyone - Yep I have done very well, my doc calls me his star patient - I am working at this - it's not always easy - even now old habits want to rear their ugly heads - The band really does make a hard job just a little easier..

Lulu

Congrats on your 42 lbs !!!

What are you eating (kinds of food) - I did curves for a minute a few yrs back - 1st increase your walking - how fast are you walking (regular walking or treadmill walking) On the curves issue - do you feel like you have worked out at the end of it ?

My Menu -

BF - Dannon lite n fit yogurt with 1/4 lf granola - or weight control oatmeal or 1/2 c egg beater with veggie

Lunch - One pot wonders (what every you have - meat & veggies)

Ground turkey (white) onion bell pepper cabbage soy sauce cooked in one pot - or shred chicken zucchini onion Bell pepper - cooked in one pot with Tomato sauce - sometimes a sandwich made on lite bread -

Dinner - 4 oz baked fish (catfish) with either garlic salt pepper - or topped with Parmesan cheese or El Pato (spicy mex tomato sauce) - 1/2 c rice - 1/2 to 3/4 c veggies with can't believe it's not butter spray.

or turkey meat loaf (white turkey meat) 1/2 c potatoes - veggies

Snacks

Lite string cheese - 100 c pack popcorn - sf healthy choice fudgecicle - sf choc pudding - dannon lite n fit yogurt - fruit

I eat a WW style - I do have carb/starches but they are limited.

I suggest that you keep a food diary (dailyplate.com or fitday.com) you may not be logging every bite or under estimating your calories.

Ok gang - I gotta ck my desk - I will ck back later - If I forgot to answer a specific question - please ask again - and I will answer,,,

CBL :smile: