Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Nancy, don't loose hope on the lap band. It does work. I think you need to change up your eating habits and try some hard Protein. Have a hamburger without bun, or grilled chicken and go slow but keep trying. You are probably not getting in enough food or variety. Hope this helps. Boos, the feeling I have is last night I had a hamburger from a restaurant with no bun and a salad and I ate it all. For some reason the last few days I have kind of been nauseated. don't know why but last night I felt extremely full and like I ate too much. I try to switch things up if I dont' loose or I need a change. Talk with you all later.

Beckyo

I was banded on 7/7 and had my first band on 7/31. My fill was a good experience and 1 1/2 dayed stayed on liquids.< /p>

I had a really stressful day all day yeaterday dealing with old family issues and when I when everyone finally left, I had that tremendous urge to get rid of all those feelings by stuffing myself. I had not eaten all day because I knew I was being 'watched' only one Protein Shake in the morning, so off I went and thing is I stayed with mushies and was able to keep it in. I mean it was a famililiar feeling that I am so working on getting rid of. At the time, it did make me feel so much better. I feel miserable and full this morning. New day, onward, just wondering how you guys deal with this and if you have experiences like this.

Janet

You look MARVELOUS (think Billy Crystal voice :wink2:)

Katarina

Thanks Katarina !!!

Good evening. I got my phone call from the surgeon's office today. I am going to have my gall bladder surgery a week from tomorrow (Friday), August 8th. Today is my 8 week 'bandversary' and my next surgery is almost 2 mos to the day of my banding. Same dr., same hospital. I'm nervous but anxious to have it behind me.

On a positive note, I was down 2 more pounds today for a total of 47!!! 3 more and I am half way to 100!!

Lori - You will be fine - your gallbladder surgery will be a breeze - we will keep you in our prayers anyway - I know that it's still scary to have to have another operation...

Congrats, Long, on your weight loss. I am glad you only have to wait a week for surgery. You will recover in no time. How many calories do you eat in a day? I am thinking I need to bump mine up from 700-800 to 800-900. I think my body may be in starvation mode. I thought I would lose more with less calories, but my son, who was banded a couple of years ago, said I need to eat more. What do you think?:lol:

Charlene - you are so right we are trained to think that we need to eat less to lose weight - yes we need to eat less than we use to but we still need to eat - healthy foods - I have always ate between 800 to 1200 .

Beckyo - I'm curious about your overeating "feeling". I'm still on liquids, but I think when I take too much in I might be over-doing it. It's like a heavy feeling, and then a burp waiting to happen. Is that what it feels like? Can anyone else describe it?

- Kathy

Kathy - the feeling you are discribing sound like full to me - for each of us it can be a little diff - but I would say that's full..

Hi, I just keep reading your messages each day so I wont feel so down. I was banded on 04/17/08 and have only lost 19 ilbs since surgery. I eat cottage cheese and Protein shakes and eggbeaters everyday and am getting very tired of this i've had one fill and the next day the Md had to remove most of the fill because i could swallow my own saliva. I am getting very discouraged any words of advice thanks for listening

Nancy - You have lost weight that's the postitive - You do need to try and eat hard Proteins - you shouldn't be eating just soft foods if that's all you can eat then you may need more fill taken out.. Some pple don't need fills like others do - Try and eat a hamburger patty - tiny bites and chew super well - you can't live on eggbeaters & cottage cheese.. Talk to your doctor..

I was banded on 7/7 and had my first band on 7/31. My fill was a good experience and 1 1/2 dayed stayed on liquids.

I had a really stressful day all day yeaterday dealing with old family issues and when I when everyone finally left, I had that tremendous urge to get rid of all those feelings by stuffing myself. I had not eaten all day because I knew I was being 'watched' only one Protein shake in the morning, so off I went and thing is I stayed with mushies and was able to keep it in. I mean it was a famililiar feeling that I am so working on getting rid of. At the time, it did make me feel so much better. I feel miserable and full this morning. New day, onward, just wondering how you guys deal with this and if you have experiences like this.

Barb

Yep family issues can be stressful and we have to learn to deal with them in a diff manner.. This is a learning process.

I gotta say for the most part I am a eater out of boredom more than stress - but what I do when I have the urge to eat and can't fight it off is to find something low in calories to munch on -- my 100 c popcorn packs usually does it - or if it's sweets i want - a healthy choice fudgecicle - also i try and find something to do - I ususally get on the computer and come here to LBT - It's my transfer addiction..

Janet, thanks for the bean Soup idea. My husband made navy Beans yesterday and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. He cooked them to a soup consistency. They were awesome. Got any more ideas for soft food....share.

Janet, thanks for the bean Soup idea. My husband made navy Beans yesterday and I thought I had died and gone to heaven. He cooked them to a soup consistency. They were awesome. Got any more ideas for soft food....share.

Oops....I must have missed the bean soup recipe, could you please send it to me Charlene? Thanks

Oops....I must have missed the bean Soup recipe, could you please send it to me Charlene? Thanks

Janet told me to cook pinto Beans, drain the broth and save it...then puree the pintos and add the broth back....makes cream of bean soup. I did it with navy beans....it was awesome. I didn't have to drain the broth because the beans were cooked so long it just made soup. It is a nice change from pureed tuna and chicken.< /p>

Janet told me to cook pinto Beans, drain the broth and save it...then puree the pintos and add the broth back....makes cream of bean Soup. I did it with navy beans....it was awesome. I didn't have to drain the broth because the beans were cooked so long it just made soup. It is a nice change from pureed tuna and chicken.< /div>

thanks !!!

I really like homemade foods they are so much more satisfying - I am the kind of cook that just goes in the kitchen look at what I have and make it

Ok here is something else..

Fine chopped onion, bell peppers sauted in a little evoo (salt pepper garlic)- add thin sliced yellow squash & zuchinees - add some spahetti sauce cook until squash is super soft - it should be soft enought when you stir it up it turns to mush -put in a bowl add a little parmensean cheese.or ricotta

Butternut squash is great too - cut in half scoop out seeds - put in a shallow dish put some Water in the bottom - cover with saran (sp) wrap and cook in micro wave for 10 - 15 minutes - scoop out into bowl - spray with I can't beleive its butter spray - yummy..

You are on soft or mushie???

I really like homemade foods they are so much more satisfying - I am the kind of cook that just goes in the kitchen look at what I have and make it

Ok here is something else..

Fine chopped onion, bell peppers sauted in a little evoo (salt pepper garlic)- add thin sliced yellow squash & zuchinees - add some spahetti sauce cook until squash is super soft - it should be soft enought when you stir it up it turns to mush -put in a bowl add a little parmensean cheese.or ricotta

Butternut squash is great too - cut in half scoop out seeds - put in a shallow dish put some Water in the bottom - cover with saran (sp) wrap and cook in micro wave for 10 - 15 minutes - scoop out into bowl - spray with I can't beleive its butter spray - yummy..

You are on soft or mushie???

I am on pureed, but will be on mushies next week....I will try the zuchinni... sounds like a good alternative to sphagetti.:)

Yes, that last recipe does sound good. I went out for dinner Fri night and I had eggplant and it was good. Well these last few days I have been good but I feel like I am slowing down. I didn't walk for two days since it was horribly humid outside but I did get in the pool and tread Water. I feel lazy today. I am bored these last few days. Thats when I want to get into trouble with food. I haven't yet but potato chips have crossed my mind. I don't ever eat them either. Isn't that strange. Everyone else sounds like they are doing good the last few days. I haven't seen your pictures yet Janet. Talk to you all later.

Beckyo

Hi Janet, I have a couple of questions for you (if you know the answers please).

1.) I was just banded 10 days ago, and my doc said liquid Tylenol if needed (after my 2 day supply of pain meds were out). I have used all of my expensive liquid Tylenol up. My question is, can I take the Tylenol EZ tabs that I have (coated and smaller, supposed to be easier to swallow)? I'm still on liquids otherwise. Is it too much digestion to take the tabs?? I don't have pain now really (but just incase).

2.) I had started another thread about "How do I know if I have a blood clot in my leg after surgery"? I was self-pay with no insurance. I had some slight cramping in my left then right calf a few days ago. Also my legs and feet were swollen off and on, but now they have not been (could have been from high sodium in broth). I've been walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes each day. So do you know how I could tell without an expensive Dr.'s appointment? And when is the chance for them after surgery reduced? Thanks!!!

Hi Janet, I have a couple of questions for you (if you know the answers please).

1.) I was just banded 10 days ago, and my doc said liquid Tylenol if needed (after my 2 day supply of pain meds were out). I have used all of my expensive liquid Tylenol up. My question is, can I take the Tylenol EZ tabs that I have (coated and smaller, supposed to be easier to swallow)? I'm still on liquids otherwise. Is it too much digestion to take the tabs?? I don't have pain now really (but just incase).

2.) I had started another thread about "How do I know if I have a blood clot in my leg after surgery"? I was self-pay with no insurance. I had some slight cramping in my left then right calf a few days ago. Also my legs and feet were swollen off and on, but now they have not been (could have been from high sodium in broth). I've been walking on the treadmill for 30 minutes each day. So do you know how I could tell without an expensive Dr.'s appointment? And when is the chance for them after surgery reduced? Thanks!!!

I'm not Janet, but was concerned about your legs especially. These sound like questions for your Dr. or maybe the nurse can answer them. A blood clot can be serious. I'm 2 mos out and still take liquid tylenol. Good luck!

thanks for the good ideas . I had salmon last night and ate slowly -no problems ! I think part of my problem is I am focusing on whats not happening instead of what allready has-----so I 've decided tojust keep my focus each day on what i can do with my schedule , I work nights 12 hours every other day off, and realize this is a time of change that dosen't just happen because I had surgery. I have a long history of stuffing myself to stuff my feelings down and learning to eat slowly and only at mealtimes is real work. T.hank you so much for being here for me to talk to.:teeth_smile:

HI,

Well, tomorrow it will be two weeks since my banding. This past week I only lost 1 pound and I don't understand it at all. I am drinking the Isopure and my intake equals less than 400 calories a day. I am walking, but not a lot. Shouldn't I have lost more than that? In the two weeks total, I've lost 7 pounds. HELP! I need advice, because I'm really sad.

Love,

Ellen