Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi everyone, just checking in, catching up. I go in for a small fill tomorrow -- I hope it's the last one I'll need -- I plan to ask for .5 cc's and hopefully that will be it and I'll be at my sweet spot. I had some terrible news. My best friend has terminal mesothelioma which is lung cancer caused by aesbestos. We have no idea where she may have been around aesbestos. She was raised in Northern Michigan and was a teacher her entire life. Julie, glad to hear from you, so glad your surgery is over and now the healing can begin. You've had more on your plate this year than most people have in a decade, so please be kind to yourself and allow yourself to heal. I hope all goes well with your band during your recovery. You are one brave and strong woman!! Long, so happy you are home safe from the bears. Janet, so sad that your employers are so insensitive - that's just terrible. You'd think it would be (and should be) just the opposite and they would value someone who had that kind of loyalty. Glad you and your friends had a great time. Charlene, hope your DH is doing great -- I've been thinking of you. I wish your son had made it on Biggest Loser. I was thinking it would be neat if they would do a season with all WLS patients and talk about all the various bariatric surgerical options. It would be so educational to the viewers to see how that WLS is only a TOOL, not what 99% of the public thinks. They still aren't sure what my DGD has - the first blood work came back positive for lupus. Then they did more blood work and lupus was not indicated. So now they did more blood work thinking it may be Dermatomyostis. She's such a brave little angel -- getting all the blood drawn -- she's only 2-1/2. Laura, recipe sounds delish, I'll make it soon, but probably the one pot wonder way as well. I love zucchini, thanks for sharing. Hope everyone has a great week. Linda

Linda - Hugs GF - I lost my BFF 16 yrs ago to lung cancer also - so I know how this is affecting you - Prayer being said..

I'll get over my hurt feelings in a day or 2 but for right now I am still pissed - but it done and overwith - so I need to let go..

Laura~ Sounds great! As soon as I can eat, I think that I will make it, but the "one pot wonder" way like Janet! I'm not sure about this whole coring thing. I'd bet a million dollars that I would break them! Thanks for the recipe, I was going to ask for it. The first thing that I am going to eat on friday when I can have my pureed food is crushed lentil Soup from this middle eastern restraunt really close to our house. I love it! Also, I have been keeping a food journal for the past 5 weeks. Obviously it has been pretty bland, but i figured that it would really help to get me into the habit.

Janet~ Congrats on going to the gym! That is fantastic! I had my own form of exercising today also. I went with my sister to the horse barn where she is an occupational therapist using the horse as a therapeutic tool. Its called hippotherapy and it is awesome! I help groom and tack the horses as well as assist her with the patients. We have a great time! Plus, it is wonderful exercise walking all day.

Julie~ Wow! Hope that you are feeling back to yourself in a jiffy! Hopefully after this all of your health problems will be behind you and you can look forward to jump starting your WL journey. I will be thinking about and praying for you.

Bugs~ Sorry to hear that you are not ready for this journey yet. I totally understand. You won't do it properly unless you are ready 100 % anyhow. You will know in your heart when the time is right for you. I know I did. Good luck.

I'm getting really annoyed at with my stupid incision! I just keep telling myself, "If this is the biggest problem that I have to handle with the band, I will be thrilled and really really successful." It's what I need to say to get through when I question why I did this to my body (both getting fat and having WLS).

Well, thats about it for tonight. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening! CBL, I'm sure I will be bored when there is nothing on tv later.

~Meredith

Meredith - Yep we just have to find something we enjoy and do it - and some times we may not enjoy it - but still have to do it - It was funny last night my GS had MJ - PYT (michael jackson pretty young thang) on his computer playng and said where in the hell did you get that - he said oh you don't know that song - I said little boy I was discoing to it back in the day and it's on my ipod - I grew up to MJ music - you werent born til 91 so how in the heck can you tell me I don't know MJ's music -

Good morning gang! How is everyone?!

Janet~ WTG on the gym! I was just debating whether to go this morning... and I think that sealed the deal. I know I will feel better after.

Meredith~ I am so proud of you! And trust me regarding the wound. It bugged me too! Mine wasn't open, but rather would grow like a tumor with serous fluid! He almost was going to open it, but it started going away on its own. Think of it like an internal blister. It's your bodies way of protecting a sore area. As your heel would do from too tight shoes. : ) It WILL go away, I promise!

Linda~ So sorry to hear about your best friend. It's so sad when such horrible diseases invade people that are so sweet and have dedicated their lives to helping others! Where's the justice?! And I hope they figure out what is going on with your DGD. Good luck with your fill and hope you reach your sweet spot!!!

I never even thought to do a one pot wonder with that recipe! It's one of those meals that my DH grew up eating and perhaps the presentation is important. I have all but stopped cooking since surgery and sometimes I feel bad for him. He cooks 75% of the time now! He is a good cook. I always tell him if he decides to leave medicine, he will still have a career! :thumbup:

I am on the fence about whether to have another tiny fill. It's been about a month since my last one. At Breakfast I am tight and can barely get in a yoplait 100 cal yogurt. lunch is still a little tight and if it is soft I can get in 1/2 cup of food. But come dinner time, I feel as if I don't have a band! So, wonder if it's just how it will always be? I am ok with small amount of calories in the morning. Although of course I would rather the restriction be the other way around! (loose in a.m. and tight at night!) I have only lost 6 lbs this month (my slowest month yet) and it concerns me. What do you guys think?

Time to get Nels off to camp and my butt off to the gym!

peasout!

Laura - I read that alot of pple have the same issue as you regarding there restriction - I don't know if another fill is going to help or not - I am lucky mine is the same alll day long and the only thing that changes it is stress..

Yes GF just do it (gym) you will feel proud of yourself for doing it and you will feel better after you have.

Well it's almost 6 - I should have been in the shower 15 mintues ago..

TTYL

Morning all, I'm going to try to post a bit today... Just read through everything that has been going on... Long, glad you were't "beared" this time!!! Arlene, best of luck to your husband..... Meredith, hang in there,,, long recoveries are becoming my specialty and you can do this. Just be happy that there is no infection and keep plugging along.. It will get better soon.... Janet, insensitivity seems to be running rampant these days. Your co-workers were insensitive..... glad you have a strong back and can let it roll off.... We all love and appreciate you..... Where is Apples???? Linda, sorry to hear about your friend... It's so hard when you can do nothing at all but be there.... Take care of yourself... Laura. the recipe sounds great, but it will have to wait for me... Welcome to the new ones... Hope I didn't miss anyone... sorry if I did...

Thanks for all the good wishes... I'm doing okay... My appetite has come back enough so I'm eating okay.. My band and stomach seem fine... Haven't had any pain meds since last night, but it is hurting.. I need to try to do a full shower today and get my hair washed... Wish Meredith was here, I could use a good coloring!!!! We have a funeral at our church this morning and under normal circumstances I would be the one in charge of the meal for 175.... But it is happening without me this time.. I'm feeling a little guilty, but mostly relieved that it is getting done..... Am going to try to fold some cloths and just be "up and around" a bit more today... Oh, the scale is moving..... I'm down to 289 today.. that's 98 pounds....... that "100" pound mark is close, I can feel it......Would rather be walking it off, but I'll take a loss any way I can get it.. Haven't been this "small" for many years..... Well, I'm off to find some thing to eat... Hope everyone has a great day... Julie

Morning all, I'm going to try to post a bit today... Just read through everything that has been going on... Long, glad you were't "beared" this time!!! Arlene, best of luck to your husband..... Meredith, hang in there,,, long recoveries are becoming my specialty and you can do this. Just be happy that there is no infection and keep plugging along.. It will get better soon.... Janet, insensitivity seems to be running rampant these days. Your co-workers were insensitive..... glad you have a strong back and can let it roll off.... We all love and appreciate you..... Where is Apples???? Linda, sorry to hear about your friend... It's so hard when you can do nothing at all but be there.... Take care of yourself... Laura. the recipe sounds great, but it will have to wait for me... Welcome to the new ones... Hope I didn't miss anyone... sorry if I did...

Thanks for all the good wishes... I'm doing okay... My appetite has come back enough so I'm eating okay.. My band and stomach seem fine... Haven't had any pain meds since last night, but it is hurting.. I need to try to do a full shower today and get my hair washed... Wish Meredith was here, I could use a good coloring!!!! We have a funeral at our church this morning and under normal circumstances I would be the one in charge of the meal for 175.... But it is happening without me this time.. I'm feeling a little guilty, but mostly relieved that it is getting done..... Am going to try to fold some cloths and just be "up and around" a bit more today... Oh, the scale is moving..... I'm down to 289 today.. that's 98 pounds....... that "100" pound mark is close, I can feel it......Would rather be walking it off, but I'll take a loss any way I can get it.. Haven't been this "small" for many years..... Well, I'm off to find some thing to eat... Hope everyone has a great day... Julie

Julie so glad to hear that you are doing so good... I am happy you sure have had your troubles with medical stuff for the last few months - but like the saying goes what doesn't kill us make us stronger :0)

Don't feel guilty about not doing the food - Others need to step up to the plate sometimes - they will appreciate you more for all you do - when they have to do it themselves..

Well, gotta get my but in gear - cbl:wub:

Watching Big Momma's House 2. Big Momma just jumped in the mud bath and splashed mud on all the beautiful skinny women. Now she's on the beach running in her suit. Before she/he was dancing and teaching dancing to the kids. Granted it was fake fat, but the attitude was so great. No shame about the fat, having fun, letting the mud fall where its gonna fall. How many of us have given up ourselves and having fun in order to avoid exposing our size? I love the pictures that were posted by the incredible shrinking woman. Granted, as we lose the weight its going to be easier for us to do things, but we can start reclaiming ourselves and our sense of fun right now.

phew! just returned from the gym. Did 30 minutes on the step treadmill at 3.4 miles/hr. I alternate between the min and max step... I get my HR up to 150s and then rest a min and then back up. I burned 360 cal. Today for some reason I sweated more than usual! My shirt was soaked!!! Then I went to do my circuit with weights and then sit ups and planks and pushups. I was there for 1.5 hrs. Just pooped now. My trainer is in the hospital... she has to have her spleen out d/t a platelet disorder (ITP). So, not sure what I am going to do now. We leave next Monday for vacation for a week, so when I return I might have to find someone else for a while, as she will be out 3 weeks or more.

Julie~ So good to hear you are doing ok. Congrats on the weight and sooooo close to the 100 mark!!! yippeeee.

It's not as hot here as some of you are reporting with 100+, but it's still HOT! Time to go get some work done! CBL! ~peasout

Watching Big Momma's House 2. Big Momma just jumped in the mud bath and splashed mud on all the beautiful skinny women. Now she's on the beach running in her suit. Before she/he was dancing and teaching dancing to the kids. Granted it was fake fat, but the attitude was so great. No shame about the fat, having fun, letting the mud fall where its gonna fall. How many of us have given up ourselves and having fun in order to avoid exposing our size? I love the pictures that were posted by the incredible shrinking woman. Granted, as we lose the weight its going to be easier for us to do things, but we can start reclaiming ourselves and our sense of fun right now.

Cheri - even morbity obese - I still went on vacation and wore a bathing suit - infact went to Mexico with a group of friends who are all skinny - I didn't care - I was fat - they all knew it I knew it - I still tanned - went swiming (with out a t-shirt) ya I had cover ups when not in the Water and walking around - but I can't say I ever let my fat control what I did (well except for what I could or couldn't do physically because of it) and not 112 light - at a size 4 - now it's not about the fat but the saggy skin that's the result of age and years of being streached out.. But again I don't let that stop me - Yes I cover up when it's appropreatie but I do still put on a bathing suit and swim in front of others. It is what it is - I can't change it and if pple don't like it tough luck - don't look. But what I dislike most is the post from pple who don't want to lose the weight due to the saggy skin issues - well the fat will kill you but the skin won't and for some they can get it (PS) covered under their insurance as medically necessary - too bad my bat wings don't qualify :0)

phew! just returned from the gym. Did 30 minutes on the step treadmill at 3.4 miles/hr. I alternate between the min and max step... I get my HR up to 150s and then rest a min and then back up. I burned 360 cal. Today for some reason I sweated more than usual! My shirt was soaked!!! Then I went to do my circuit with weights and then sit ups and planks and pushups. I was there for 1.5 hrs. Just pooped now. My trainer is in the hospital... she has to have her spleen out d/t a platelet disorder (ITP). So, not sure what I am going to do now. We leave next Monday for vacation for a week, so when I return I might have to find someone else for a while, as she will be out 3 weeks or more.

Julie~ So good to hear you are doing ok. Congrats on the weight and sooooo close to the 100 mark!!! yippeeee.

It's not as hot here as some of you are reporting with 100+, but it's still HOT! Time to go get some work done! CBL! ~peasout

WTG LAURA GREAT WORK OUT !!!!

I'm having a hard time wrestling with my decision not to have surgery . Now I wonder if I should call them back after I canceled yesterday surgery was for July 20th. I'm worried that what would say and do . I need advice .

Bugsbuni, I wish I knew what the problem is. Perhaps you've been posting before I joined. I do know that only you can make the decision. I prayed when faced with questioning my decision and waking up with a panic attack and I was led to a place of peace and confidence. I'd been questioning myself the whole year I was working on the process of jumping thru the hoops and getting approved. In the end it was an enormous relief to make the decision and get it done. I did some blogging on the subject on my blog at IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

especially towards the beginning of my blog which I started the week prior to surgery. Reading it might help you. Also on the home page there are so many forums to discuss concerns--there's a pre-op one. You're not the only one with doubts and questions. No one here will judge you whatever you decide. We've all been there.

Certain members of my Dr's staff are mean and judgmental, I asked a nurse about it and she said that they do it on purpose I told her not with me.

IndioGirl, I, too, have for the most part gone where I wanted and done what I wanted until arthritis pain limited my activities. In fact, I bounce around so much when I'm singing praise music in church that I got an anonymous note from someone suggesting I go out and buy better foundational garments. Actually, that was the second note. The first note implied that with all my "jumping around back there and lifting my arms" I was keeping people from being able to see the other singers. I'm in a multicultural church and all the African-American women on my Gospel praise team just started laughing when I read them the notes. They told me to dance more.

Certain members of my Dr's staff are mean and judgmental, I asked a nurse about it and she said that they do it on purpose I told her not with me.

If you like the Dr. and are confident he's competent the office staff and nurses can just go jump in the lake. Make a mental picture of that. You can get your own support group here on line and get your questions answered. Don't let a couple of mean people (who may just have been having a bad day) get in the way of you taking care of yourself.

The Dr. and I talked he said that some are crabby and that I shouldn't let it get to me. That's easy for him to say but I'm having surgery has planned .

Janet & ifyourstomach~

I too NEVER let my weight get in my way. My ability to post photos in my underoos even while morbidly obese, is one of the many things I feel no modesty in doing. Actually there is some interesting data out there regarding motivation and ones ability to lose weight, eat healthy and lead a healthy lifestyle. (I will post the source when I get to my home computer). But the basic concept is for obese people to get healthy...that if you are too dissatisfied with yourself (extreme self hate)- then you will have very little motivation to change things. On the opposite side of the bell curve- if you love yourself (extreme self satisfaction) and your weight doesn't stop you from doing things- then likewise you have very little motivation to change. But if you have a happy balance of being generally happy but hating the weight- then you will have higher motivation and thus willing to do the things it takes to be healthy. Over the last 10 years I had 4 admissions to the Duke University Diet and Fitness Center. Diet & Fitness Center - Duke Diet & Fitness Center - DukeHealth.org

Anyway, it was there that one of the psychologists said "you need to be a little less satisfied with your obesity." I had never had it put that way and it did help me change the way I viewed things. It's also one of the reasons I take the photos instead of relying on weight alone to see changes. Just as I had a hard time really seeing my obesity- the same issue remains, that if with an almost 70 lb weight loss, I don't see a big change in the mirrow. It really is a type of distortion. I guess the reverse of an anorexic?

We've talked about it before- if they could band our heads we would be set!

3 days of being REALLY honest with my food diary and down another pound!:wub:

Janet & ifyourstomach~

I too NEVER let my weight get in my way. My ability to post photos in my underoos even while morbidly obese, is one of the many things I feel no modesty in doing. Actually there is some interesting data out there regarding motivation and ones ability to lose weight, eat healthy and lead a healthy lifestyle. (I will post the source when I get to my home computer). But the basic concept is for obese people to get healthy...that if you are too dissatisfied with yourself (extreme self hate)- then you will have very little motivation to change things. On the opposite side of the bell curve- if you love yourself (extreme self satisfaction) and your weight doesn't stop you from doing things- then likewise you have very little motivation to change. But if you have a happy balance of being generally happy but hating the weight- then you will have higher motivation and thus willing to do the things it takes to be healthy. Over the last 10 years I had 4 admissions to the Duke University Diet and Fitness Center. Diet & Fitness Center - Duke Diet & Fitness Center - DukeHealth.org

Anyway, it was there that one of the psychologists said "you need to be a little less satisfied with your obesity." I had never had it put that way and it did help me change the way I viewed things. It's also one of the reasons I take the photos instead of relying on weight alone to see changes. Just as I had a hard time really seeing my obesity- the same issue remains, that if with an almost 70 lb weight loss, I don't see a big change in the mirrow. It really is a type of distortion. I guess the reverse of an anorexic?

3 days of being REALLY honest with my food diary and down another pound!:)

Great job! I'm having my first fill Aug. 11. I've finally lost the initial restriction and can tell that I could easily continue to eat. I've lost 27 lbs since before surgery which was June 18th. I can tell I'm now running on willpower till that fill. I don't want the weight back. I have to really agree with the info you shared. I had to work at loving myself the way I was but I had to also be very dissatisfied with the health problems and the fact that I kept gaining unless I was dieting, and I just couldn't diet anymore.

I'm having a hard time wrestling with my decision not to have surgery . Now I wonder if I should call them back after I canceled yesterday surgery was for July 20th. I'm worried that what would say and do . I need advice .

Bugs

What are they being crappy about The staff??- you need to give a little more info - Why would you let that stop you - what's the real reason for cancelling are you afraid that this is going to be another failed try at getting the weight off.

Our bands (or any wls) are just tools - I will tell you I have done 75 % of the work and my band did the other 25%

I know that if these pple have been doing this for a long time they might get tired of the same questions from pple over and over again and especially if they have no empathy for the obese and just think we are lazy.

I have a saying no one understands a fat chick like another fat chick does - a skinny person doesn't get us.. They never will.

Why would you let a negative person stop you from getting the tool that you want to help you get healthy..

So the way I read your note - you are back on for surgery on 7/20???

IndioGirl, I, too, have for the most part gone where I wanted and done what I wanted until arthritis pain limited my activities. In fact, I bounce around so much when I'm singing praise music in church that I got an anonymous note from someone suggesting I go out and buy better foundational garments. Actually, that was the second note. The first note implied that with all my "jumping around back there and lifting my arms" I was keeping people from being able to see the other singers. I'm in a multicultural church and all the African-American women on my Gospel praise team just started laughing when I read them the notes. They told me to dance more.

You go girl dance you heart out - I love black church it's so up lifting with all the gospel music !!!

Janet & ifyourstomach~

3 days of being REALLY honest with my food diary and down another pound!:)

Laura Congrats on your loss - I am a firm firm beleiver in keeping a food long - I did it for the 1st year.

When I looked in the mirror prior to losing the weight I saw a fat chick - but not as fat as I really was.. This whole thing that fat pple can be healthy - well - I just don't know about that - ya when pple are younger their obesity doesn't stop them as much cuz they are younger - but like Cheri said for us older ones it does start gettting in the way of our lives physically...

I know that you don't see the diff right now - but you will

There is no magic # where you look and see a skinny chick

But one day you will wake up and say - Oh I see it now - it may take a few more lbs for that to happen - but once the stomach goes - you will - I don't think I am explaining it correctly - Im not fully awake - but the realization will come.

But I have days that I say oh i'm fat - but I know I'm not

We Can see the diff and the closer your get to your goal you will to.

Great job! I'm having my first fill Aug. 11. I've finally lost the initial restriction and can tell that I could easily continue to eat. I've lost 27 lbs since before surgery which was June 18th. I can tell I'm now running on willpower till that fill. I don't want the weight back. I have to really agree with the info you shared. I had to work at loving myself the way I was but I had to also be very dissatisfied with the health problems and the fact that I kept gaining unless I was dieting, and I just couldn't diet anymore.

That's the whole secert to the band - no more dieting - it helped me understand the phrase "lifetime lifestyle change in our eating" I hear that in so many of the programs that I did before - and ya I lost on them - but would go back to eating normal (my normal) and guess what happens - the weight came back on..... so the light bulb finally went of in my head - my normal eating is what made me fat in the first place

Good morning gang - don't know how much sense the above post have made - I am still drinking my coffee and not fully awake - I had gym last night then went to Target didn't get home til after 7 so never got back on the computer and I have a busy day today so figure I would check in early..

Apples where are you - you haven't posted all week - is everything ok !!!

Well gotta jump in the shower - I will cbl

Hugs :)