Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

I emailed Apples last night - I am concerned that something has happen since she hasn't posted all week - I haven't had a reply yet.... Lets keep her in our prayers...

Hi All - sorry I have not posted for a while. I have been keeping up with your posts (y'all have been very busy!). Had a computer issue last week, but it's resolved now.

I seem to be moving the scale a little faster now. Instead of 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to drop a pound or two, it's now 4-5 days. Last week I dropped 1 pound, then a day later another one! That's my best week in a long time. I am a slow loser, but a loser just the same, so I am not complaining (well whining a little, but you understand). I had lunch today with my work-friends from pre-retirement days. It was Kellie's birthday and she chose a vegetarian place. hmmm. This presented a Protein challenge. Not a fan of tofu. Oh well - it was just lunch. I had a delightful Tomato bisque and a small salad topped with a scoop of egg salad. I couldn't eat it all, but I did eat all the egg salad. This was not difficult, did I say it was small? I tried to get a good amount of Protein in for dinner but I wasn't very hungry. It's only one day - it seems so funny to worry about eating too little when I've spent much of my life worrying about eating too much (and eating too much anyway). I wonder if we will ever reach the point where we just eat healthy and don't worry about it. That is a worthwhile goal.

I am going back to Korea! DD and her boys did not get to fly home this summer, so I'm going to them. Her hubby is in Washington for several weeks getting certified in his new job, she's still trying to get settled after the move to Seoul - 2 babies to care for. A girl just needs her mom sometimes, and this mom needs to play grandma with those little boys! I'm leaving July 30 and will come home on Sept 1. I am not looking forward to the flights to and from, but it will be much easier on me than it would have been on DD - 12 to 15 hours in a plane with a 27 mo old and a 3 mo old. They need to come home when dad can fly with them... They are hoping to make it home for Christmas. I know that season is harder for DD than any other. She misses being home for Christmas.

I am VERY close to onderland. VERY close. and yes, Janet, I know you do not advise this, but I do weigh every day. I've found my weight fluctuates so much, I can't depend on one day a week. I have promised myself I will not allow a gain or status quo to upset me or drive me crazy. It's better than missing that one day that week when my weight is down. Did I say I am VERY close??? I will keep you posted. Listen for shouts of joy from Kansas City area!

I emailed Apples last night - I am concerned that something has happen since she hasn't posted all week - I haven't had a reply yet.... Lets keep her in our prayers...

I am glad you emailed her. I am concerned too. I hope she is ok. I know you will keep us informed! Thanks Janet.

Meredith~ Glad you got your lentil Soup you were craving. I made some today actually! I add lots of veggies (onion, carrots and celery) to make it even healthier. A one pot wonder if you will. :rolleyes:

Oh, before I forget about the Muscle Milk. Make sure you get the Muscle Milk LIGHT! The regular MM is too high in fat and sugar. (230 cal/25 grams protein). I have only found the Light in vanilla and chocolate. I ONLY drink the chocolate- the vanilla tastes like baby formula to me. LOL.

It depends where you are on what you are eating and how many calories you consumed for the day. MM Light - It's 160 calories and 20 grams of Protein. I generally have it as a snack in between meals if my Protein is low for the day. I usually have it mid-morning as I am tight in the morning and can usually only have a coffee and a Yoplait 100 cal yogurt for Breakfast. At GNC they have the 100 cal/8 oz bottles (15 grams of protein). I try to buy those when I can.

Muscle Milk Light Ready-To-Drink

It's late. I am pooped. Time for bed. Oh, I added photos to my profile. Wanted to add lots of fat before ones for comparison. I told my DH that he can take photos now..LOL.. for the last year or so he has not been able to take any unless I said so. :smile:

Hope everyone is doing ok.

peasout~

Edited by peascorps

Hi All - sorry I have not posted for a while. I have been keeping up with your posts (y'all have been very busy!). Had a computer issue last week, but it's resolved now.

I seem to be moving the scale a little faster now. Instead of 1 1/2 to 2 weeks to drop a pound or two, it's now 4-5 days. Last week I dropped 1 pound, then a day later another one! That's my best week in a long time. I am a slow loser, but a loser just the same, so I am not complaining (well whining a little, but you understand). I had lunch today with my work-friends from pre-retirement days. It was Kellie's birthday and she chose a vegetarian place. hmmm. This presented a Protein challenge. Not a fan of tofu. Oh well - it was just lunch. I had a delightful Tomato bisque and a small salad topped with a scoop of egg salad. I couldn't eat it all, but I did eat all the egg salad. This was not difficult, did I say it was small? I tried to get a good amount of Protein in for dinner but I wasn't very hungry. It's only one day - it seems so funny to worry about eating too little when I've spent much of my life worrying about eating too much (and eating too much anyway). I wonder if we will ever reach the point where we just eat healthy and don't worry about it. That is a worthwhile goal.

I am going back to Korea! DD and her boys did not get to fly home this summer, so I'm going to them. Her hubby is in Washington for several weeks getting certified in his new job, she's still trying to get settled after the move to Seoul - 2 babies to care for. A girl just needs her mom sometimes, and this mom needs to play grandma with those little boys! I'm leaving July 30 and will come home on Sept 1. I am not looking forward to the flights to and from, but it will be much easier on me than it would have been on DD - 12 to 15 hours in a plane with a 27 mo old and a 3 mo old. They need to come home when dad can fly with them... They are hoping to make it home for Christmas. I know that season is harder for DD than any other. She misses being home for Christmas.

I am VERY close to onderland. VERY close. and yes, Janet, I know you do not advise this, but I do weigh every day. I've found my weight fluctuates so much, I can't depend on one day a week. I have promised myself I will not allow a gain or status quo to upset me or drive me crazy. It's better than missing that one day that week when my weight is down. Did I say I am VERY close??? I will keep you posted. Listen for shouts of joy from Kansas City area!

Joann - I am waiting to hear that resounding Yes all the way from Kansas City any second now.. I am really fine with getting on the scale to keep tabs as long as you don't let it drive you crazy - I was getting on too much the last few months - so I have quit - cuz it was driving me crazy..

When I got back from DS house after the 4th - I didn't get on - when I weight in on Thursday - I was up 1 lbs - then this week back to normal...

Yep eating out can be hard even for me now cuz I want healthy food choices and I know that I can't eat a hamburger or club sandwich (use to be my fav w/fries and ranch dressing) So I stick with Salads for the most part - we will go mexican or chineese sometimes - but ck & broc is healhty - mex - ah my enchillada isn't but a girl still has to eat - the diff now is I am not cleaning my plate - I have leftovers..

Ya I don't think I would like the trip either thats a long long trip - but I know you will enjoy being with your grandbabies and DD...

Is your DH going too or just you...

DH is staying home this time - I'm on my own. He works at BassPro and used his vacation time (and then some) in April on the first trip. He could take time w/o pay, but he decided that was not a good idea. As with everybody else, our retirement nest egg has shrunk a lot, and since we are partially living on that, it's good he has this job. It's retail and the pay is not great, but it sure has been a blessing for us. He is planning a trip to So Missouri for fly fishing, and will visit friends who have a farm north of us. As a farm boy, he always enjoys that and he can take Jack along for company. DS and DD who live nearby will feed him once in a while. We are fortunate that our kids kinda like us (or maybe they just like Jack and we come along with the deal).

I'm not crazy about that long flight by myself, but I came back in May by myself and everything went well. I take some books - one or two novels and an art/quilting book - and some knitting, my ipod, watch movies, try to sleep. The flight from Atlanta to Seoul is 14 1/2 hours. yuck. I figure I have to stay a month - it will take a week just to get over the jet lag.

BTW - congratulations on your bandiversary! I know two years ago you were excited and scared just like the rest of us. You have done so well and you are inspiring to all of us! Thank you for all your help.

Good Morning, Gang !! I just love to read what everyone has been up to !! You guys don't know just how much of an inspiration you are to me !!! I really depend on your experience to get me thru the tough times.

CONGRATS, Janet, Phyll, and Charlene on your Bandaversaries !!! You guys are all our heroes !!! I was going to ask you, Janet, how long you have been banded, so now I know ! I would have never guessed 2 yrs., I thought maybe 5 or 6 yrs. from reading your posts and all your advice !!

Bugs,from one Bug (doodlebug11) to another, you can do this !! Just keep coming back here , soak in all the love and advice these AWESOME ppl on this site can give you !! I don't know about you but I get ALL my support from here !! And as far as the staff being snobs, your only going to see them every now and then, so when you do go in for a ckup, STRUT your bad self in there and show them !!!! You can get past the nerves, just think of the surgery as a door that you can walk thru to a better life, and I can now say an exciting life !!! I haven't enjoyed life for so long now because of my weight and being so down on myself, but now since my surgery, 4/06/09, I can honestly say, I love life !!! Give yourself some time and just know YOU WILL GET THRU THIS !!!

Well, I gotta run catch up with you guys next wkend !! Glad to hear everyone else is doing good !!

Good morning. Well I had an exciting night last night. I can let you in on a secret I am supposed to keep til next Sat. when they announce it since you don't know my family, etc. I am going to be a MIL!!! DD and DF (that's fiance now) came over to tell us they just got engaged. No wedding date yet, and they want to have a family BBQ or something next Sat. to announce it to everyone. She has to take her ring in to be sized down so won't be wearing it much this week anyway, it's beautiful. I"m so glad she waited to get married til I was thin for the wedding pics!! LOL (she's 27, 28 in Sept).

The scale was good to me today too, I am back in the 170's. After I hit the 170's the first time it went back up to 180/181 and wouldn't go back. Yes I am a daily weigher too. I used to drive myself nuts with the daily weighing, but have a good handle on it now.

Well time for my weekly McD's Breakfast before church, I eat half the egg and half the sausage on a $1.00 egg McMuffin. Cheap date! It's a ritual for us, we bring the Sunday paper, eat breakfast and discuss our upcoming week.

DH is staying home this time - I'm on my own. He works at BassPro and used his vacation time (and then some) in April on the first trip. He could take time w/o pay, but he decided that was not a good idea. As with everybody else, our retirement nest egg has shrunk a lot, and since we are partially living on that, it's good he has this job. It's retail and the pay is not great, but it sure has been a blessing for us. He is planning a trip to So Missouri for fly fishing, and will visit friends who have a farm north of us. As a farm boy, he always enjoys that and he can take Jack along for company. DS and DD who live nearby will feed him once in a while. We are fortunate that our kids kinda like us (or maybe they just like Jack and we come along with the deal).

I'm not crazy about that long flight by myself, but I came back in May by myself and everything went well. I take some books - one or two novels and an art/quilting book - and some knitting, my ipod, watch movies, try to sleep. The flight from Atlanta to Seoul is 14 1/2 hours. yuck. I figure I have to stay a month - it will take a week just to get over the jet lag.

BTW - congratulations on your bandiversary! I know two years ago you were excited and scared just like the rest of us. You have done so well and you are inspiring to all of us! Thank you for all your help.

Joann you are just too funny !!! I you made me lol on the We are fortunate that our kids kinda like us (or maybe they just like Jack and we come along with the deal).

Thanks for the props - Like I have said before - I have a big mouth lol but truly I want everyone to feel as good as I do right now - I know it's work - I have worked hard at this (and still do) but it's so worth it - and for us who are older is so important to get our lives back and for the younger one - you are not going to be wasting your life being obese... That's how I feel - why did I waste so many years being fat - I can't change the past but am happy for those who are younger and getting control now !!!

15 hrs on a plane - I would have to take something to sleep I don't think I could sit that long - I would have to get up and walk around somehow - I would go crazy

Good Morning, Gang !! I just love to read what everyone has been up to !! You guys don't know just how much of an inspiration you are to me !!! I really depend on your experience to get me thru the tough times.

CONGRATS, Janet, Phyll, and Charlene on your Bandaversaries !!! You guys are all our heroes !!! I was going to ask you, Janet, how long you have been banded, so now I know ! I would have never guessed 2 yrs., I thought maybe 5 or 6 yrs. from reading your posts and all your advice !!

Bugs,from one Bug (doodlebug11) to another, you can do this !! Just keep coming back here , soak in all the love and advice these AWESOME ppl on this site can give you !! I don't know about you but I get ALL my support from here !! And as far as the staff being snobs, your only going to see them every now and then, so when you do go in for a ckup, STRUT your bad self in there and show them !!!! You can get past the nerves, just think of the surgery as a door that you can walk thru to a better life, and I can now say an exciting life !!! I haven't enjoyed life for so long now because of my weight and being so down on myself, but now since my surgery, 4/06/09, I can honestly say, I love life !!! Give yourself some time and just know YOU WILL GET THRU THIS !!!

Well, I gotta run catch up with you guys next wkend !! Glad to hear everyone else is doing good !!

Doodle Yep I have only been banded 2 yrs - but I have a lifetime of knowlegde about eating healthy (previous diet) I could have been a nutristionist - I just didn't follow what I knew about eating healthy until I got my band - I think having major surgery was my Ah Ha Moment..

I am with you on loving life - our weight limits us in what we can and can't do - I have so much more energy now a days...

Good morning. Well I had an exciting night last night. I can let you in on a secret I am supposed to keep til next Sat. when they announce it since you don't know my family, etc. I am going to be a MIL!!! DD and DF (that's fiance now) came over to tell us they just got engaged. No wedding date yet, and they want to have a family BBQ or something next Sat. to announce it to everyone. She has to take her ring in to be sized down so won't be wearing it much this week anyway, it's beautiful. I"m so glad she waited to get married til I was thin for the wedding pics!! LOL (she's 27, 28 in Sept).

The scale was good to me today too, I am back in the 170's. After I hit the 170's the first time it went back up to 180/181 and wouldn't go back. Yes I am a daily weigher too. I used to drive myself nuts with the daily weighing, but have a good handle on it now.

Well time for my weekly McD's breakfast before church, I eat half the egg and half the sausage on a $1.00 egg McMuffin. Cheap date! It's a ritual for us, we bring the Sunday paper, eat breakfast and discuss our upcoming week.

Congratulations Long !!! Ya I look at my DS/DIL wedding pic and I was hugh - You will have great pic's for yours :0)

Love your Sunday ritual !!!! I have the lite jimmy dean egg mc muffin at work - can't eat the whole thing - sometime 1/2 of the english muffin egg/bacon and cheese - other time I take out the center and warm it up an throw away the bread part...

Well gang I gotta do food shopping for the week - even though I am leaving Thrusday for my Lucky #7 reunion - but GS still needs food and it's suppose to be another hot day again today 118 !!! So best get my but in gear

Morning.........I'm not much of a morning person so good morning is a stretch for me sometimes................

Joann, I'll be waiting to hear your shout too!! How exciting to be so close to that magic number. And it's exciting that you will be going to Korea too! Just to be able to spend time with your daughter and grandkids, that will be so cool. I'm sure she'll love having you there and being able to spend a month is great for those babies too. Those flights are not fun, but it's worth it. I find I don't bounce back quite as fast as I used to from the jet lag.

Laura, your pictures are great. I love to see the difference a few months make. I bet you are feeling wonderful! I think we are close to the same weight now too.

Long2BThin, That's so cool you've reached another milestone. I take it you really like your future DIL? Congratulations!! You have a wedding to look forward to. That will be fun. I grew up in beautiful Colorado and still go there yearly. I've already done this year's trip, but maybe next year.............

Indio (Janet right?), I can't even imagine 118. It's 107 here and I'm hibernating in the house on the computer. I won't be able to whine how hot it is when you are dealing with much higher temps. Stay cool today.

I'm spending another lazy weekend only doing a little bit to just get basic chores done...laundry, plants, etc. Maybe I'll hem my curtains for the bedroom. I have to cut them off because my window is 6' long and 2' high. We put the new bed under it and the curtains get in the way. And now we have to have curtains because the house next door is up for sale and I don't think who ever the new neighbors will be will want a peep show from us. :wink2:

I have 4 more days on liquids and I'm so looking forward to an egg Thursday morning. Strange how that works...I really haven't had too much problem with the liquid diet, but I do miss eggs. I may have to make egg drop Soup this week.

Hope everyone has a really nice Sunday!

Eva

Well, no shouts today. I had such a weird food day yesterday - really did not know what to expect. I was up about 3/4 lb. This is my pattern. I know the rules and follow them as best I can given occasional odd situations. As long as I do that I know the scale will go in the right direction.

I did not mention the great reaction I got from my friends yesterday. Only one of them knows about my surgery and she is always supportive and complimentary. (I just love her...) They others had never commented - probably had not noticed. I had seen them last in mid-May. EVERYONE noticed yesterday and were very excited for me! That felt sooo good. My next quilt guild meeting is Thursday night. It will be interesting to see if anyone notices, and I will keep you posted.

Happy Sunday to everyone. DH is working today and I am getting ready to quilt a nap-quilt for the 2yr old GS. I'll take it with me. Subject is CARS! He loves Lightning McQueen and the movie Cars - I will probably have the opportunity to watch it many more times in the next few weeks. (it's okay - it's also a good snuggle with Grandma time...)

Hi everybody...... I DID IT>>>>>>>>> 100 pounds gone!!!! I'm very happy and feel pretty confident about things... If I didn't still have this pain from my surgery last week I'd feel great... Still have lots of healing to do, but I'm happy... see my doc for post-op check tomorrow and hope I can start doing a little this week.. They had me on bed rest for 2 weeks... what a pain!!! can't do much by sit and stand and walk around some... But this too shall pass.......

Janet, I've been very worried about Apples, too... this is so unlike her and I'm just praying nothing is really wrong... We'll hope her computer is on the fritz!!!!

Joanne, congrats on the weight loss... It's great when it speeds up.... makes taking the slow times easier!!! glad you can spend more time with your DD and family... When do you leave....

Gotta go, DH is taking me for a drive as I haven't been out of the house for a week... TTYL....Julie

Morning.........I'm not much of a morning person so good morning is a stretch for me sometimes................

Joann, I'll be waiting to hear your shout too!! How exciting to be so close to that magic number. And it's exciting that you will be going to Korea too! Just to be able to spend time with your daughter and grandkids, that will be so cool. I'm sure she'll love having you there and being able to spend a month is great for those babies too. Those flights are not fun, but it's worth it. I find I don't bounce back quite as fast as I used to from the jet lag.

Laura, your pictures are great. I love to see the difference a few months make. I bet you are feeling wonderful! I think we are close to the same weight now too.

Long2BThin, That's so cool you've reached another milestone. I take it you really like your future DIL? Congratulations!! You have a wedding to look forward to. That will be fun. I grew up in beautiful Colorado and still go there yearly. I've already done this year's trip, but maybe next year.............

Indio (Janet right?), I can't even imagine 118. It's 107 here and I'm hibernating in the house on the computer. I won't be able to whine how hot it is when you are dealing with much higher temps. Stay cool today.

I'm spending another lazy weekend only doing a little bit to just get basic chores done...laundry, plants, etc. Maybe I'll hem my curtains for the bedroom. I have to cut them off because my window is 6' long and 2' high. We put the new bed under it and the curtains get in the way. And now we have to have curtains because the house next door is up for sale and I don't think who ever the new neighbors will be will want a peep show from us. :wink2:

I have 4 more days on liquids and I'm so looking forward to an egg Thursday morning. Strange how that works...I really haven't had too much problem with the liquid diet, but I do miss eggs. I may have to make egg drop Soup this week.

Hope everyone has a really nice Sunday!

Eva

Eva - Yep my name is Janet Wright too - I was born that way :0) lol....

Ya I got my shopping done (food for GS while I am gone) and back home by 11:30 - food is put up - cooking a pot of collard greens - and some pinto Beans w/ham hock.. I am in a good old southern mood for food today..

I am about to take a little nap myself - lazy weekend cuz the next week is going to be busy !!!

Well, no shouts today. I had such a weird food day yesterday - really did not know what to expect. I was up about 3/4 lb. This is my pattern. I know the rules and follow them as best I can given occasional odd situations. As long as I do that I know the scale will go in the right direction.

I did not mention the great reaction I got from my friends yesterday. Only one of them knows about my surgery and she is always supportive and complimentary. (I just love her...) They others had never commented - probably had not noticed. I had seen them last in mid-May. EVERYONE noticed yesterday and were very excited for me! That felt sooo good. My next quilt guild meeting is Thursday night. It will be interesting to see if anyone notices, and I will keep you posted.

Happy Sunday to everyone. DH is working today and I am getting ready to quilt a nap-quilt for the 2yr old GS. I'll take it with me. Subject is CARS! He loves Lightning McQueen and the movie Cars - I will probably have the opportunity to watch it many more times in the next few weeks. (it's okay - it's also a good snuggle with Grandma time...)

Joann - Congrats on the props from your freinds - It sure feels good doesn't it...

My DGD loved cars for a while - I don't know what she's into now - it changes every few months :0)

Hi everybody...... I DID IT>>>>>>>>> 100 pounds gone!!!! I'm very happy and feel pretty confident about things... If I didn't still have this pain from my surgery last week I'd feel great... Still have lots of healing to do, but I'm happy... see my doc for post-op check tomorrow and hope I can start doing a little this week.. They had me on bed rest for 2 weeks... what a pain!!! can't do much by sit and stand and walk around some... But this too shall pass.......

Janet, I've been very worried about Apples, too... this is so unlike her and I'm just praying nothing is really wrong... We'll hope her computer is on the fritz!!!!

Joanne, congrats on the weight loss... It's great when it speeds up.... makes taking the slow times easier!!! glad you can spend more time with your DD and family... When do you leave....

Gotta go, DH is taking me for a drive as I haven't been out of the house for a week... TTYL....Julie

Congratulations Julie !!!!!

WTG

You are doing EXCELLENT

Good morning. Well I had an exciting night last night. I can let you in on a secret I am supposed to keep til next Sat. when they announce it since you don't know my family, etc. I am going to be a MIL!!! DD and DF (that's fiance now) came over to tell us they just got engaged.

Oh Long, Congrats!!! I absolutely ADORE weddings! I know you are glad you will look great in the photos! Now you have even more motivation to be good~ time to look for a dress! I know my Mom loved helping plan my wedding with me!

Eva

Thanks Eva~ I know other people's pics helped me and try to pay it forward. Also It helps me see the changes and how far I have come already.

I did not mention the great reaction I got from my friends yesterday. I am getting ready to quilt a nap-quilt for the 2yr old GS. I'll take it with me. Subject is CARS! He loves Lightning McQueen and the movie Cars - I will probably have the opportunity to watch it many more times in the next few weeks. (it's okay - it's also a good snuggle with Grandma time...)

Joann~ Don't fret about the 3/4 lb. VERY soon it will be down! And congrats on the friends' reaction! It is a good feeling when people NOTICE all the hard work!

We have seen Cars about 3000 times! LOL! We also collected all the diecast ones from the movie! Nelson still loves that movie. I know you will have a great time seeing them. I am sure your DD will appreciate it so much! Nothing like a mom's love for sure!

Hi everybody...... I DID IT>>>>>>>>> 100 pounds gone!!!! I'm very happy and feel pretty confident about things

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!:w00t::thumbup::drool::thumbup::wink2::laugh::blink::biggrin::wink::biggrin::thumbup::thumbup::wink2::drool::thumbup::laugh:

I am so very proud of you! And JUST in time for your bandiversary!!!! WTG!!! YOU inspire me kiddo!

ok guys~ I am busy busy packing for our trip to Quebec, Canada! Of course packing means packing for 3 of us! And the weather is supposed to be in the high 40s/50s at night which makes it tricky for us Floridians! LOL. I am looking forward to getting away. This will be first trip since banding where we are flying, not driving. So I am limited on what stuff I can bring. I am not bringing Protein stuff, etc. I am sure I will be just fine, but it makes me a bit nervous. We will be doing lots of sight seeing and walking. A few boat trips, the ferry and then to go whale watching! We will have wifi, so I will likely bring the laptop. Always comes in handy for Nels to watch movies on too... and to look up sightseeing stuff.

Have a good week everybody!

~peasout!

Well I started my pre op today it's easy but I'm hanging in there. I'll let everyone know how it went as soon as I can.

JULIE - CONGRATULATIONS ON 100 POUNDS!!!You are doing just great - What a WOMAN!!LORI - congratulations on the coming wedding. I loved planning the weddings with my girls. We had a lot of fun. You will have a great time and look gorgeous in all the pictures. Pick out a great dress! (and show us...)