Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

OK...I have to tell you guys about the dream I had last night. Yesterday I got an email from Janet making sure things were OK with me. You know how when you do something or think about something during the day and then that night you dream about it?

Well, in my email back to Janet I told her that I look forward to the day we finally meet. Well, we met a little earlier than we thought in my dream last night. It was just CRAZY!

So the dreams goes: I walk out my back door (6' tall corn on all sides) and Janet walks out of the field with a white skirt, a black bra and red spike heals on and announces "I'm here!". At that moment she hikes her cute little skirt up and turns around (panty hose...no panties) and says "I'm 57 and look at this. I've been able to keep a nice, rounded butt".

At that point I woke up, came out and heated up my oatmeal and tried to choke it down and make sense of that dream.

Found out that is actually entertaining to sit at your computer at 3am all by yourself and giggle till your cheeks hurt!

By the way, Janet, nice photo of you and the kids. And yes, you look amazing for being a 57 yr old GM. A little advice...the misquitoes are horrendous out in the corn fields....wear long pants!

OK...I have to tell you guys about the dream I had last night. Yesterday I got an email from Janet making sure things were OK with me. You know how when you do something or think about something during the day and then that night you dream about it?

Well, in my email back to Janet I told her that I look forward to the day we finally meet. Well, we met a little earlier than we thought in my dream last night. It was just CRAZY!

So the dreams goes: I walk out my back door (6' tall corn on all sides) and Janet walks out of the field with a white skirt, a black bra and red spike heals on and announces "I'm here!". At that moment she hikes her cute little skirt up and turns around (panty hose...no panties) and says "I'm 57 and look at this. I've been able to keep a nice, rounded butt".

At that point I woke up, came out and heated up my oatmeal and tried to choke it down and make sense of that dream.

Found out that is actually entertaining to sit at your computer at 3am all by yourself and giggle till your cheeks hurt!

By the way, Janet, nice photo of you and the kids. And yes, you look amazing for being a 57 yr old GM. A little advice...the misquitoes are horrendous out in the corn fields....wear long pants!

OK. LOL. LOL.LOL. THanks, I needed that. Love everyone's posts. Great pics Janet. If i weren't too lazy I'd try posting pics of my grandkids. I've got 7. IT tech. still intimidates me. I'm also 57 but I'm 5'9" and will never be described as tiny.' Have to go in to school for a while today to meet withnew principal. One of these days I'll post a video of one of my students and what he accomplished. In 4 weeks I'll be back to work. By then I'll probably be looking forward to it. I have a very demanding job teaching at-risk students at a Chrsitian school on the south side of Chicago. I teach supplementary reading and math to about 75 students a day who rotate in and out of my classroom in groups of 6-12. Many have ADHD and all struggle academically. They can drive me to eat. I'm trying to plan how I'll handle the food.

Have a great day everyone.

Too funny on the dream Apples!!

I'd love to meet as well, there was talk for a bit about a meet in Vegas or something.

I knew a trip across states meant just that, but wasn't sure what a 'farm trip' meant. LOL

OK. LOL. LOL.LOL. THanks, I needed that. Love everyone's posts. Great pics Janet. If i weren't too lazy I'd try posting pics of my grandkids. I've got 7. IT tech. still intimidates me. I'm also 57 but I'm 5'9" and will never be described as tiny.' Have to go in to school for a while today to meet withnew principal. One of these days I'll post a video of one of my students and what he accomplished. In 4 weeks I'll be back to work. By then I'll probably be looking forward to it. I have a very demanding job teaching at-risk students at a Chrsitian school on the south side of Chicago. I teach supplementary reading and math to about 75 students a day who rotate in and out of my classroom in groups of 6-12. Many have ADHD and all struggle academically. They can drive me to eat. I'm trying to plan how I'll handle the food.

Have a great day everyone.

Wow, If, sounds like quite the job. Takes a lot of heart and patience to do a job like that. Would definatey have to LOVE kids (which I do) to stay with it. We are well aquainted with ADD and ADHD around our house. We have 2 DS. 28 and 25. Oldest is ADD...off the charts as is my DH. Youngest ADHD. My...what a difference. Anyway, I believe that parents have to play a huge role in getting them through school and really need to stay in contact with their teachers. We made it. Mostly "B" average. Some A's but it was WORK for them to stay on task. Organization was a huge challenge.

But, you take one of those kids and if they are interested in something, they can focus and achieve what they want. My oldest graduated college top of his class with a 4.0. Youngest flew through Embry Riddle Aeronomical University in 3rs, working 45-50 hours a week flight instructing, managed the math lab and simulator lab and graduated with a double major with a 3.7 average. Besides going to school he got his commercial and instructor's license on the side.

This is not a brag. It's just that it still amazes me and I think back to the struggles of homework, actually getting that homework back to the teacher, losing boots and mittens on the way to school, etc. (You know what I'm talking about). Most of these children have an extremely high I.Q. (mine are 156 and 159). They just need to be guided and shown that they can do ANYTHING that they are interested in.

I admire and thank you for the job you do!:bored:

Edited by Apples2

Too funny on the dream Apples!!

I'd love to meet as well, there was talk for a bit about a meet in Vegas or something.

I knew a trip across states meant just that, but wasn't sure what a 'farm trip' meant. LOL

Definition of "farm trip": Me sitting on a pile of straw in bib overalls smoking a funny looking cig = "farm trip". Is that the kind of trip you were thinking of?????????????

I had noticed that Coach Cheryl had mentioned in her convention thread last spring that there might be a convention in Oct. in Vegas. Thought it would be so much fun to see how many of us in this thread and others all of us are connected with to go. :bored:

Hi everybody, I'm home from my trip to the doc... Saw my surgeon this morning and got my staples out... He gave me a good report, but said this incision will be a painful one and I must be very careful... Really can't do much for 6 more weeks..... But as long as I feel good I can handle that.... DH helped me do a little shopping for essentials this morning and now is off to work... I had a little nap and now will tackle a few little chores... nothing strenuous..... This morning while getting ready to leave my 2 year old granddaughter was sitting in the chair watching Sesame Street.. I came up the stairs dressed in jean capris and a sleevless shirt with a bit of a frill around the neckline... She looked at me and said "Wow".............. it was the best compliment I ever got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sort of set the tempo for my whole day..

Anyway, Janet, I love the pictures..... your GK are wonderful and you look amazing.. I love that you put your face there on the post.... I feel just like we are face to face......

Apples, your dream is great...... amazing what our minds can come up with...... So, when your Aussie friends come will you be keeping a different schedule or the same as now... I suppose they want to experience all the farm stuff as well as the lake resort..... I'm sure you'll show them a great time... Rest up a little, though.... sounds like you need a nap or two...

Laura, sorry you had to have a bad food experience... but at least you didn't have to get up and be sick... Slow down and I'm sure the rest of your time will be wonderfull.. have fun..

If, I'm thankful for what you do, too, but know I couldn't do it... I don't have patience that way.. My DD barely lived through high school math... It's my strong suit, but not hers and I was not good at trying to help her... So glad there are people like you to do it...

I'm a bit envious of so many of you and all your travel plans... My DH doesn't like to travel and has a bad attitude about it... He was in the military for 38 years and has been all over the US and the world... Whenever I mention something he always says, "been there, done that!!" Well, I get mad and we usually don't go... Of course I've never really enjoyed much traveling either with so much poundage to carry around, so am looking forward to trying more now with my more svelt body!!! Maybe after I recovery from this surgery I can get him to do something.. We did have a trip to the east coast planned with friends in October, but it has been cancelled as the other man has developed serious medical problems. Oh, well, I'm happy to be alive and will just have to wait a little longer.

I'm gonna go tackle putting my purchases away and tidy up a bit around here... You all have a great day... Julie

Definition of "farm trip": Me sitting on a pile of straw in bib overalls smoking a funny looking cig = "farm trip". Is that the kind of trip you were thinking of?????????????

I had noticed that Coach Cheryl had mentioned in her convention thread last spring that there might be a convention in Oct. in Vegas. Thought it would be so much fun to see how many of us in this thread and others all of us are connected with to go. :bored:

Too funny, it took me a minute to get that one, I know I am slow. Would there be willie Nelson playing?? LOL

I'd love to try and do VEgas, would depend on my work and time off. Its a catch 22 situation, I work so I have money to travel, but I can't go because I work! I can take 10 days a year off, I used 8 for my cruise in May and need 3 in November for a family reuinion and am already pushing it by asking for an 11th day.

Hi everybody, I'm home from my trip to the doc... Saw my surgeon this morning and got my staples out... He gave me a good report, but said this incision will be a painful one and I must be very careful... Really can't do much for 6 more weeks..... But as long as I feel good I can handle that.... DH helped me do a little shopping for essentials this morning and now is off to work... I had a little nap and now will tackle a few little chores... nothing strenuous..... This morning while getting ready to leave my 2 year old granddaughter was sitting in the chair watching Sesame Street.. I came up the stairs dressed in jean capris and a sleevless shirt with a bit of a frill around the neckline... She looked at me and said "Wow".............. it was the best compliment I ever got!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It sort of set the tempo for my whole day..

Anyway, Janet, I love the pictures..... your GK are wonderful and you look amazing.. I love that you put your face there on the post.... I feel just like we are face to face......

Apples, your dream is great...... amazing what our minds can come up with...... So, when your Aussie friends come will you be keeping a different schedule or the same as now... I suppose they want to experience all the farm stuff as well as the lake resort..... I'm sure you'll show them a great time... Rest up a little, though.... sounds like you need a nap or two...

Laura, sorry you had to have a bad food experience... but at least you didn't have to get up and be sick... Slow down and I'm sure the rest of your time will be wonderfull.. have fun..

If, I'm thankful for what you do, too, but know I couldn't do it... I don't have patience that way.. My DD barely lived through high school math... It's my strong suit, but not hers and I was not good at trying to help her... So glad there are people like you to do it...

I'm a bit envious of so many of you and all your travel plans... My DH doesn't like to travel and has a bad attitude about it... He was in the military for 38 years and has been all over the US and the world... Whenever I mention something he always says, "been there, done that!!" Well, I get mad and we usually don't go... Of course I've never really enjoyed much traveling either with so much poundage to carry around, so am looking forward to trying more now with my more svelt body!!! Maybe after I recovery from this surgery I can get him to do something.. We did have a trip to the east coast planned with friends in October, but it has been cancelled as the other man has developed serious medical problems. Oh, well, I'm happy to be alive and will just have to wait a little longer.

I'm gonna go tackle putting my purchases away and tidy up a bit around here... You all have a great day... Julie

Julie...If my DH did not want to travel, I would just make plans with a GF or GF's. I take a trip or two each year with just my friends. DH and I love to travel together but we are not afraid to jump on a plane with a friend and say "see ya later"! I love my DH but I love my friends too and need that time....so does he. He did an outback trip to Australia and was gone a month. We missed each other but it was a trip of a lifetime. I spent a month over there also visiting friends and travelling. Also, a trip of a lifetime. See if you have any friends that would take a trip with you...maybe a gift to yourself when you get to goal?

Feels good when little ones notice, doesn't it? It's pure honesty coming out of their mouths.

We will do whatever we need to do around here when we have our company and still find time to do other things and spend time at the lake. I have a 28 yr DS that wants them some on weekends to party with them. :bored: It will all come together. She's like family so she will go with the flow. Her new hubby has never been here but they are on an around the world tour and have been travelling for 2 months so will probably want some down time.

Hope everyone is having a great day. Have my last load of oily, stinky, dirty farm jeans in the washer. With one more go around they might be clean. Then out to the clothes line. Off to clean tractor/sprayer windows. Later!

Too funny, it took me a minute to get that one, I know I am slow. Would there be willie Nelson playing?? LOL

I'd love to try and do VEgas, would depend on my work and time off. Its a catch 22 situation, I work so I have money to travel, but I can't go because I work! I can take 10 days a year off, I used 8 for my cruise in May and need 3 in November for a family reuinion and am already pushing it by asking for an 11th day.

Of course Willie would be with me...he'd be a'smokn' with me! NOT!

Maybe we could work on planning a trip after the first of the year. Make it over a long weekend so people don't have to worry too much about time off.

Add on....maybe we should wait to see when and where the LB convention will be and go from there. I promised myself that I would go to at least one of them but the last one didn't work for me. Have always had the longing to meet the ppl I talk to on and almost daily (when I'm not awol) basis.

DH fixed the computer! Sometimes it is so nice being married to a geek! : ) He is laughing at me as I type this. We are about to go out and about again. Today we went on a guided bus tour of the city and then a ferry boat trip. Had lunch on the boat. I ate the inside of a chicken salad sandwich. Could tell there was a LOT of mayo, I think that is what made it go down ok. We will attempt dinner again. Felt horrible too b/c the restaurant last night was well over $100 for 3 of us! I did have a glass of wine! I was shnockered (word?) with 1/2 glass! I am SUCH a cheap date these days!!!

time to get dressed, just checking in

DH fixed the computer! Sometimes it is so nice being married to a geek! : ) He is laughing at me as I type this. We are about to go out and about again. Today we went on a guided bus tour of the city and then a ferry boat trip. Had lunch on the boat. I ate the inside of a chicken salad sandwich. Could tell there was a LOT of mayo, I think that is what made it go down ok. We will attempt dinner again. Felt horrible too b/c the restaurant last night was well over $100 for 3 of us! I did have a glass of wine! I was shnockered (word?) with 1/2 glass! I am SUCH a cheap date these days!!!

time to get dressed, just checking in

Glad to hear you are having a good time. Try to think of the meal as not "wasted" (even though you were!:bored:) Have a great time on the remainder of your trip, Laura.

Eva - Thanks !!!! I am getting so excited about going - it will be such a blast..

Thanks Linda - Yep pple keep telling me I'm tiny - I gotta say I love it - it makes me feel so good to be called that.

I think of that when I want to eat.. It's so hot here that it's hard to get motivated to exercise - but I am going tonite and tomorrow cuz I know that over my Lucky#7 vacation/reunion - there will be treats (mostly adult beverages and who knows what else) so I MUST GET MY EXERCISE IN :0) So that I will keep getting called tiny/skinny :0)

Aw shucks Charlene Thanks!!!! I am just a tad predujice - I think I have the worlds most beautiful GKs :0) as any good GM does :0)

Thanks Long - beautiful colors -!!!

Omg Apples - you had me LMAO I REALLY MEAN IT LMFAO on your dream - Sorta has the field of dreams theme :0) - I will make sure to spray off on before I come :0)

54 :0) not 57 :0) so I guess I am coming in 3 yrs after some PS cuz my butt isn't that round - not super flat - but could use a little lift.

I agree with you on the whole wedding issue - I know that when my bro Jimmy got married (sil had like 7 bridemaids - bro had 7 grooms men - flower girl/ring bearer and preteen attendants) my Dad said that the $$$ spent on the wedding could have been a down payment for a house..

Ok gang I started this at 7:15 a.m. - it's now 2:07 - been busy - I bet tons have posted since I started this - well catch you tonite..

Whoopsy on the age thing, Janet. But, just remember....it came out of YOUR mouth! I never even notice what pple's ages are. I believe we're all ageless. Heck, my best friend is 89!

I'm back home from surgery it went well.