Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hi all. Phyll, congrats again. Apples and Joanne, glad you're both back online. Meredith, I'm with you. No restriction. First fill Aug. 11th. Man I hate willpower. Just looking to not gain till fill. My DH has agreed not to keep ice cream and frosting in the fridge and to not eat Snacks in front of me while we watch TV and play on our computers at night. I'm usually on LBT or writing in my blog. Have to say, this group and the 50's group are about the best groups I've encountered on LBT. I also check the June 2009 bandsters group. A lot of the info I get for my blog on lapband stuff comes from this group. My blog is where I really work on "banding my head." Maybe I'll use that phrase in tonight's blog. If you ever want to check out my blog its: IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

Last night I wrote about Relatives: Help or Hindrance. I'm so glad my DH is a help.

Apples!! I let out an audible sigh when I saw your post. We are so glad you are back and okay.

Meredith -good on reading those labels. When figuring your daily calories, I usually figure a week at a time - do the daily tally and at the end of the week, add all seven days and divide by seven. That gives you a good average. I hear you on the restriction. I was in the same boat. As you add more solid foods it will help, but until you get a fill or two you will have to rely on that ole' willpower. You can do it! Be sure you are getting lots of Protein as it will help with the hunger. eggs, cottage cheese, soft fish, etc. You can even cook chicken and/or beef and blend them with a little broth. Get your Protein in! You are doing great!

Lori - the cars I was talking about is the movie "Cars." Cartoon movie featuring race cars, starring "Lightning McQueen." Great appeal for little ones. DGS carries a toy car with him everywhere he goes, sleeps with a fire truck and/or dump truck. There is a lot expected of a grandma. It's never too early to educate yourself (just don't let you daughter know you are preparing this early - undo pressure). hahaha.

Another pound gone this morning. Yay.

Janet , Charlene K , and Phyll sorry I am so late with the congrats.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

You are all truly an inspiration for me !!

Edited by 1day at a time

Thanks to all for your "Congrats" and good wishes!

I appreciate it!

It was a great day. Told my weight loss story at my TOPS meeting this morning.

All packed and ready to leave for NY/Canada in the morning!

Hi guys, greetings from Quebec. Thanks for all the advice and well wishes for traveling. The trip up was fine. I brought a Protein Bar for the flight and was surprised they served turkey subs. I ate a little of the meat and the Tomato. During the layover I found a ff yogurt. We went to an amazing place for dinner, I was so looking forward to it! I ordered curry scallops and shrimp. Not sure what did it but after only 3 bites I had horrible pain! I guess I didn't chew well. I was afraid of pb and stopped eating. I was so bummed! Now in the hotel I am hungry. : ( just ate a dozen almonds and feel ok now. Tomorrow is a busy day of sight seeing. I am writing on my blackberry. My laptop is On the fritz! I think Facebook farmtown gave me a virus! Dh is not happy. Tomorrow is our 8th wedding anniv! I told him... What do u get a guy who has everything? A really bad computer virus! Lol! Sorry for not commenting on posts, can't review while using phone. Will check posts in a day or two. Peasout!

Apples -Hugs - So Glad you are back.. You were truly missed - And as you already know we were really worried about you..

Phyl~ Happy 2nd Anniversary!!!!! WTG!!!! You are such an inspiration.

Apples~ Glad you're back! Boy, you can't do anything without letting everyone know about it can you? LOL.

Went to grocery today. Took an hour. Read all of the labels and selected very healthy options! However, I have ZERO restriction! I mean NONE! Good heavens I'm hungry. I'm not cheating though! Sticking to approx 800. Yesterday I did have 910, but for the two days before I only had 750 or so. I figured that would be fine.

Okay all, will CBL.

~Meredith

Meredith - See what I told you it takes forever to shop when you read the labels but you learn so much didn't you..

Just focus on eating healthy and if you are extra hungry just eat more veggies..

IMHO varying your calories from day to day is the best way to keep your metabolism going

You are being such a perfect bandster Meredith. It will get easier as you get your fills, when is your first one??

Okay gals, I just googled mother of the bride dresses. I am so excited that I am actually looking forward to the dress shopping. Thank goodness my daughter waited til I got thin to get married! LOL If it was a year and a half ago I'd be in a pure panic right now about wedding pictures, dresses, etc. that I wouldn't be enjoying the process and I'd be starting yet another diet be it Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig whatever and feeling so lost and hopeless. This new feeling is exhilerating and I am so thankful for my band and that I went this route to lose the weight for good. DD wants to come over and see my wedding dress, doubt she'll want to wear it though, think she is just humoring me but that's okay. I remember I didn't want to wear my mom's either, it was just so 50's. I am sure mine is just so 70's. LOL

I hit the 170's yesterday again and today I am still there!! WOO HOOO!! Maybe this time it will stick.

Long - Do we have colors yet - you are going to have so much fun - 170 yep it will stick Congrats

Hi all. Phyll, congrats again. Apples and Joanne, glad you're both back online. Meredith, I'm with you. No restriction. First fill Aug. 11th. Man I hate willpower. Just looking to not gain till fill. My DH has agreed not to keep ice cream and frosting in the fridge and to not eat Snacks in front of me while we watch TV and play on our computers at night. I'm usually on LBT or writing in my blog. Have to say, this group and the 50's group are about the best groups I've encountered on LBT. I also check the June 2009 bandsters group. A lot of the info I get for my blog on lapband stuff comes from this group. My blog is where I really work on "banding my head." Maybe I'll use that phrase in tonight's blog. If you ever want to check out my blog its: IF YOUR STOMACH OFFENDS YOU, TIE IT OFF

Last night I wrote about Relatives: Help or Hindrance. I'm so glad my DH is a help.

Frosting - OMW - nope - none of that stuff in the house - My GS does have like vanila ice cream in the fridge - but it's not my weakness - if it was rocky road - what out - it would be gone..

Apples!! I let out an audible sigh when I saw your post. We are so glad you are back and okay.

Meredith -good on reading those labels. When figuring your daily calories, I usually figure a week at a time - do the daily tally and at the end of the week, add all seven days and divide by seven. That gives you a good average. I hear you on the restriction. I was in the same boat. As you add more solid foods it will help, but until you get a fill or two you will have to rely on that ole' willpower. You can do it! Be sure you are getting lots of Protein as it will help with the hunger. eggs, cottage cheese, soft fish, etc. You can even cook chicken and/or beef and blend them with a little broth. Get your Protein in! You are doing great!

Lori - the cars I was talking about is the movie "Cars." Cartoon movie featuring race cars, starring "Lightning McQueen." Great appeal for little ones. DGS carries a toy car with him everywhere he goes, sleeps with a fire truck and/or dump truck. There is a lot expected of a grandma. It's never too early to educate yourself (just don't let you daughter know you are preparing this early - undo pressure). hahaha.

Another pound gone this morning. Yay.

Joann - does that mean you hit onderland today !!!!

Janet , Charlene K , and Phyll sorry I am so late with the congrats.

CONGRATULATIONS!!

You are all truly an inspiration for me !!

Thank 1 day !!!

Thanks to all for your "Congrats" and good wishes!

I appreciate it!

It was a great day. Told my weight loss story at my TOPS meeting this morning.

All packed and ready to leave for NY/Canada in the morning!

Phyl When do you leave tomorrow ??

Well gang went to the gym - But with this heat - it's hard to get in the mode - I worked out but just didn't have 100% energy..

When at DS over the 4th we took family pic's - here's 2 of my fav of my GKids & Me & my DGKs

They are a big reason I got banded - I wanted to be around to see them grow up

Andrew 18 - Kaitlin 14.5 (you know how important that is at that age) Brooke 5 - and you all know me :0)

Flight leaves at 8:30 a.m., so want to be at the airport 2 hours early so we're planning to leave at 5:30 a.m. Arrives in Buffalo around 8:30 a.m. Have to fly to NYC first.. we weren't happy about that! Too much air traffic, T-storms in the forecast, etc. That airport is just way too busy. But couldn't figure out a better route so we'll live with it! Don't get in to NYC until 5 p.m., so I don't get that.. even with the time difference... it's NOT a 5 1/2 hour flight!? Then 2 hours to Buffalo??? 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. No, that doesn't make sense either! It's less than 500 miles. So I'm suspecting they build in extra time to make up for delays they know are going to happen.

When at DS over the 4th we took family pic's - here's 2 of my fav of my GKids & Me & my DGKs. They are a big reason I got banded - I wanted to be around to see them grow up. Andrew 18 - Kaitlin 14.5 (you know how important that is at that age) Brooke 5 - and you all know me :0)

FANTASTIC PICTURES!! You are all BEAUTIFUL!!

Flight leaves at 8:30 a.m., so want to be at the airport 2 hours early so we're planning to leave at 5:30 a.m. Arrives in Buffalo around 8:30 a.m. Have to fly to NYC first.. we weren't happy about that! Too much air traffic, T-storms in the forecast, etc. That airport is just way too busy. But couldn't figure out a better route so we'll live with it! Don't get in to NYC until 5 p.m., so I don't get that.. even with the time difference... it's NOT a 5 1/2 hour flight!? Then 2 hours to Buffalo??? 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. No, that doesn't make sense either! It's less than 500 miles. So I'm suspecting they build in extra time to make up for delays they know are going to happen.

Ya doesn't make sense does it.. Heck to fly to DS house it's a 45 min trip (500 miles) - Maybe cuz of the Thunderstorms - I have only 40 minutes between flights in Dallas (I hope I make the change my luck the terminals will be miles apart and I won't have a chance to get my smoke break - I leave at 8:30a.m. out of PS arrive in Toronto 5:30 p.m. on Thursday..

FANTASTIC PICTURES!! You are all BEAUTIFUL!!

Thanks - these are my 2 fav -

Janet, Great Pictures...you look fabulous and the kids are cute!!

Phyll, yes, they build in extra time, always....that improves their "on-time" record. That 3 hour time difference really doesn't help the traveling day either. We fly Maryland about once a year and it takes most of the day.

You guys have a great time in Canada!!

Eva

Fantastic pics Janet -- you are soooo tiny and the kids handsome and gorgeous! Apples, glad you are fine, we did miss you. Phyl happy anniversary and happy traveling to you and Janet. Meredith, you ARE the perfect bandster -- keep up the good work, you're doing great. I haven't stopped for weeks, have another busy day tomorrow and then I may be able to actually have a day to just rest, that is after I go to the gym and work out. LOL. This new life is busy. Have a good one everyone! Laura, have a great time, sorry you had problems with dinner - chew, chew, chew and enjoy! Linda

Beautiful pics Janet!! Right now the wedding colors are pink or green with a black/white fleur de lis (not sure how that is spelt).

Lucky 7's have a great trip!

Hey Gang...Apples here a.k.a Awol Apples.

Again, thanks for the concern with me M.I.A. It's been a crazy whirlwind of action around here the last couple of weeks. I was up at 3am, eating my nightly oatmeal, dates, raisins and brown sugar and got caught up with my threads. I can honestly say that I CANNOT respond to all of it. Too far gone....

Phyll and Janet...have a wonderful trip. We make it to Canada once in awhile and have loved every trip. DH and I will do impulsive trips and just drive. One year we got in the truck on a Friday night, did a trip over to Niagra Falls and didn't come back for over a week. Was the best trip ever. Such beautiful country. We stopped at amazing farms, little cafes, and just bedded down for the night where ever.

Long...you've had a lot going on. Congrats on DD getting engaged. One of my best friend's DD got married over the weekend. Was amazing but made me realize that so much of the fanfare really is not noticed by most of the guests. My friend and ALL of the family decorated the hall for days and days. I love to plan, organize, etc. but DH and I decided it's not so bad having just two DS. We will just sit back and write the check. DH had offered 10K to each of the kids and a house full of furniture if they just run off (with us invited) to the Grand Caymons to get married. I was offended at first by his offer to my sons but now I somewhat agree. As long as we can be there to see them married, I'm good with it.

Long...you asked what a trip accross the states is? Just that. You hook up a trailer, get in your truck and haul A$$ to your destination. Pick up your farm implement and haul your A$$ back over the same route and states. Was a good trip. I swear I could travel every day whether by land, sea or air. No wonder where my youngest DS gets it from.

I think this week is the first time since banding that I can say that I am truly spent. No time for a nap today (on the run for the guys running for farm parts, etc.) so will have to keep plugging away. We are up and at 'em at 4:30am around here and don't hit the pillow till after 11pm. So if ever anyone wonders if I earn my time at the lake? Yep, I do.

We have Aussie company coming in about a week and are staying through most of August. Really looking forward to it. We had 2 Australian daughters on an exchange program back in 1994 (and one from France in 1995). We have been able to see them almost every year since then. Either with us going over there or them coming here for months at a time. Love them like they were my own (cannot really say that about our French student...pouty and made no attempt to do family things).

Laura...hope you are having a wonderful trip. Happy Anniversary.

Meredith....you are doing so great. I'm a believer in just following your doc's rules and eventually it will get you to where you should be. Anyone that says it's not work is crazy. The band is a great tool but it takes determination and work.

To all the rest of you lovelys.....hope things are going well. Life is good.