Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Thanks Apples, sometimes it is just hearing it from someone who has been there. I do feel kind of sore today. Went and bought some Chamomile and some Peppermint teas hoping to easy the hurt a bit. This morning I broke the pills in half but may smash them next time since I am so afraid of getting that stuck feeling again. So, does it get easier a few days after a fill? I mean this "stuffy" feeling, or do you just get use to it? Thanks for your help!

Not sure cuz didn't have a "stuffy" feeling. I have had two fills. The first one I felt NOTHING and the second did not kick in until a month later. That fill was in Oct and I feel that I am right where I should be. Just be really careful to pay attention to what your body is telling you. Don't push the limits especially after a fill.

Sound like you are doing everything you need to. If you continue to have trouble after you are on solids again, contact your doc. Safest way to go about it. Take care and hope your issues are resolved soon. :mad2:

Pill probably started the problem, then the chicken.< /span>

Liquids only right after a fill, then mushy with gradual return to normal over a few days. Hope things are better today.

Okay, I think I might be too tight. I can hardly eat in the morning. I slime everytime I eat Protein. My real concern is my colon. I feel like I am getting diverticulitis. I am taking Miralax everyday, but my colon seems to be shutting down. I have an appointment with Dr. Davis on thursday. I don't need a fill , but I might need an unfill.

OK, I think I might be too tight. I can hardly eat in the morning. I slime every time I eat Protein. My real concern is my colon. I feel like I am getting diverticulitis. I am taking Miralax everyday, but my colon seems to be shutting down. I have an appointment with Dr. Davis on Thursday. I don't need a fill , but I might need an unfill.

Charlene-I am posting in July Butterfly thread with you too! I will answer your question here. I want to ask you, what is diverticulitis? It is very common for us bansters to have difficulty in the regularity department. I take miralax everday too but still have some issues sometimes. I have been too tight in the past and it really is a learning curve of how much your band can have and still keep you comfortable and able to eat. If you are taking the small bites, chew, chew, chewing and are still sliming solid Protein, maybe you need a slight unfill. Even .1 can make a difference. What protein are you having trouble with? I have established that in my 10cc band, I cannot go above 5.3cc. Right now, I have 5.1 and I am good. I want to maintain my loss and keep my hunger at bay and this seems good now. I know I have .2 to play with should I start having hunger issues. I have worked on distinguishing head from real hunger. When I know it is not real hunger, I distract myself and eventually the urge to eat goes away. This has taken me awhile and talking to a professional to accomplish. I have accepted that I cannot eat in the AM. Many bansters are tight in the morning (and before and during their TOM. Stress also causes the band to tighten. When my kids are fighting, I literally feel it constrict.LOL ) I was never a Breakfast person so it does not bother me not to eat when I get up. I make a coffee/ Protein powder shake in the early AM and eat my first meal at 11 or so. I do not count calories. I am used to making choices that I know will be Ok for me. I know the cal/protein content of most foods. If I slip up, I get right back on track. I eat greek yogurt, cottage cheese and a high protein fish grilled everyday. I supplement with different flavored protein powders and it works for me. Some people don't like the powders. I have worked hard to find ones that I like and that is how I eat everyday. I do allow myself up to two 100 pacs a day but honestly, some days I don't even want them. I used to have really bad night "hunger" and I started going to sleep earlier. I broke the habit and now I usually don't eat passed dinner. We are not supposed to eat 3 hours before bedtime or laying down so that our pouches are empty. Otherwise reflux and other issues can occur. It is also recommended that we drink a glass of Water 1 hour before laying down to ensure that the food is washed through. Well, good that you have an appt on Thursday. Talk to your Dr and see what he thinks. If you are having a hard time, I would stay with liquids and mushies until then. Good Luck!

Sorry this post got so long, but you know what ladies, this is great therapy! We are lucky to have each other. Thanks. Have a good evening everyone!

Barb, diverticulitis is an infection of the diverticuli in the colon. I have had it several times. I had two colon resections because of it. So, I get freaked when I get that feeling that my colon is slowing down. I also have a choking feeling in my throat. All of this could be from being tight. The weather started getting up to the 90's last week and I started retaining Fluid which probably could have caused the tightness. I will get some answers on thursday. Thanks for the info. I am eating mushies and drinking lots of Water and shakes.< /span>

Okay all as you know I have been struggling. Anyways I have been so hungry like I am not restricted at all. Even when I eat just Protein. Example tonight I had 1 and 1/2 chicken breasts I have not been able to do that in forever. What the heck. i don't know if it is eating just cause or what. I was so busy at work today I don't think I ever really drank anything maybe that is the issue. I need to gain control of my self my scale has gone up 3 lbs in a week which is not good. Maybe I need to do the 5 day pouch test. I can't go see my Dr until Monday so I am kind of just hanging on. The last fill I had was 02/09 so I am at 6.5 ccs but I swear it is like nothing is in there. maybe it is leaking or something. I do know I have restriction when I drink something cold or to fast but oh my.

Anyways just venting I was doing so well and it was like I froze up when I got to the 50 lbs loss

Hey Gang

As you know jury duty this morning - have to go back next monday - it's a muder trial - haven't been picked yet - today they just talked to pple who could legally be excused.

Meredith - I was like Apples full liquids as day after surgery - Protein shakes - creamed Soups, sf pudding - sf popsicles - sf pudding - dannon lite & fit yogurt - My doc sells Protein stuff - I love the brand proti15 I think it's called they are a clear liquid Protein drinks (like crystal lite) 70 calores & 15 grams Protein

Mushies - refried Beans, instant mash tatoes made with skim milk to boost the protein, egg beater - oatmeal - i think I even had spag sauce with ricotta cheese .

I usually got most of my protien from pt shakes & the clear protien in the beginning - they make an unflavored protein that I would add to stuff but had to be warm curdle @ 130 degrees.

Your doc should be giving you a list - My doc gave me a binder full of what to eat at each stage and there is a food thread on the main page that has tons of ideas.

Bariatric Advantage is a good website too to get stuff - you can get the clear Protein Drinks there..

I am all about the homemade food too - it's more satisfying.

I would make a pot of Beans - pinto or navy beans - scoop out the beans and puree them add back to bean juice - cream of bean Soup

Laura - a tweak may help - I am a big nite time eater still - I can manage my hunger during the day but nites are hard - I budget my calories to compensate/feed my hunger at night when I don't have as much will power

Charlene - What is making the diverticulis act up and ya you sound tight - I have been having tmi problems but that's cuz I haven't been drinking like I should. Keep us posted Hugs..

Blklab - Ya you gotta chop up those big pills - I ate mine in pudding - but a plus is now I no longer need that pb med..

Barb - I wish I could break the night eating - it's better - it's controlled - but it's still there...

Linda - I like fruit too but don't tend to eat it at home - but have it at work for bf or those times that I just can't ignore my hunger

Ok gang - sorry this was short but got on the computer at 6 it's now 8 - I had a call from a lady who's going to be banded next month she lives in NY area - and then DIL called to tell me they are home safe and sound..

I need to go cook - so will talk to you all in the morning...

Hugs

Good Morning Gang

1Day - sounds like you have a little restriction - you may need a fill - but as you said you need to get control of your eating... The restriction that the band provides is a big help but it's all about eating healthy..

Alot of pple hit plateaus - if you are eating healthy & exerciseing the scales may not move - but you can be losing inches and sometime the body needs time to catch up - I think the pouch test would be good - just to get you back in the mindset of your band and working with it..

Ok this has been bugging me since last night - I knew I forgot something when I posted (well alot cuz it was a fast post) but it's about the food scale issue - Yes I have one still use it everynow and then - it was a great investment (was even telling the lady I talked to last night to get one)

Its a Salter - Nurti-Weight it gives you all the nurtrtional values of your foods that you are weighing - I only used the calories and Protein grams it give - but it's was/is great -

Ok - I gotta jump in the shower - ck with you all when I get to work

Hi all, been busy so have just read all the posts to get caught up... Glad most had a good weekend... Apples, I'm familiar with that lonesome feeling.... It's manageable, but it still leaves one feeling a bit blue... I'm positive you are very appreciated by your family as much as you do for them all the time.... Farming is quite a life.......most who haven't done it don't understand that.... I do.......

Well, daycare is going okay... I try very hard not to lift or pull on her... Difficult sometimes as she is a very active 2 year old with lots of mischevious ideas... She hates a wet or soiled diaper, but still won't get interested in the potty chair.... So, she pulls her diaper off when she doesn't like it..... Can get "hairy" sometimes..... She just turned 2 a couple weeks ago and it's early, but I'm very ready for her to catch on to things... Took her to a sitter yesterday as I had to take Mother to Bismarck for dr appts.... All went well.. Today is last day of sitting this week and then DD starts her new regular schedule next week... Then we can get a routine going... She will be working 12 hour nights............ leave at 5:00 pm.. home again at 6:30 am...... That includes the 40 minute drive... So will have to get used to her sleeping here overnight... We'll figure it out...

I got permission to start filling again June 1st.... Just got an appointment for that day... Hope they do a rather good first one!!!! I don't like this being empty... It's so easy to do the wrong things... I love bread and I can eat any of it right now... Try not to, but have been weak over the weekend.... I cooked dinner Sunday and have too many good leftovers.... Will rid the frigde of nasties today...... Anyway, I'm anxious to get that security blanket back in place after my ordeal....

Well, DH has the day off due to storm and rain last night... Better go see what he has up his sleeve for the day.. Baby just finished Elmo and wants my attention. You all have a good day... Julie

Good Morning Gang

1Day - sounds like you have a little restriction - you may need a fill - but as you said you need to get control of your eating... The restriction that the band provides is a big help but it's all about eating healthy..

Alot of pple hit plateaus - if you are eating healthy & exerciseing the scales may not move - but you can be losing inches and sometime the body needs time to catch up - I think the pouch test would be good - just to get you back in the mindset of your band and working with it..

The funny thing is I do not weigh myself always I like to wait for the Dr so I do not get obsessed. It is just I feel crappy yes probably because the eating and exercising.

I'm new to this site and searching for an answer to this-- maybe you can help. . .

I had surgery yesterday, and afterwards I didn't feel as bad as I thought I might. Somewhat sore, but tolerable. This morning (24 hrs after surg) I feel quite a bit more sore. Anyone else? Is this normal? It's not horribly worse, plus I haven't taken pain med since last night, but it's definately harder to walk than yesterday.

Lisa

Happy Hump Day!

1Day...sorry for your struggles. Try to just make a plan for yourself (food and exercise) and stick to it the best you can. Start with mini goals and build it up. You can do this but with a plan it makes it easier.

Julie...the lonesomes only come once in awhile. I knew when I married DH that I married the farm right along with him. I don't see my guys much this time of the year, and when I do, it's like they are not all there. We're just makin' hay when the sun shines. It's gotta get done.

Nice you have your baby girl and that you are available to help your daughter as much as you do. Not all are so lucky. Some day I will be a GM. (hyperventilating!) Sooner the better.

Heading to the lake in a few minutes. I have two days left of volunteer work this week and three bridal showers that I need to make it to. Have my guys meals all made and ready to go and hopefully soybean planting will be done by Sunday. DH will come up if we get the rain they are talking about. For now it will just be me and the dog. Have 5 new books that need to be read and a cross stitch quilt (2 acutally) that I am working on. 16" squares that are total stitch work.

Everyone have a nice weekend.

Hi all, been busy so have just read all the posts to get caught up... Glad most had a good weekend... Apples, I'm familiar with that lonesome feeling.... It's manageable, but it still leaves one feeling a bit blue... I'm positive you are very appreciated by your family as much as you do for them all the time.... Farming is quite a life.......most who haven't done it don't understand that.... I do.......

Well, daycare is going okay... I try very hard not to lift or pull on her... Difficult sometimes as she is a very active 2 year old with lots of mischevious ideas... She hates a wet or soiled diaper, but still won't get interested in the potty chair.... So, she pulls her diaper off when she doesn't like it..... Can get "hairy" sometimes..... She just turned 2 a couple weeks ago and it's early, but I'm very ready for her to catch on to things... Took her to a sitter yesterday as I had to take Mother to Bismarck for dr appts.... All went well.. Today is last day of sitting this week and then DD starts her new regular schedule next week... Then we can get a routine going... She will be working 12 hour nights............ leave at 5:00 pm.. home again at 6:30 am...... That includes the 40 minute drive... So will have to get used to her sleeping here overnight... We'll figure it out...

I got permission to start filling again June 1st.... Just got an appointment for that day... Hope they do a rather good first one!!!! I don't like this being empty... It's so easy to do the wrong things... I love bread and I can eat any of it right now... Try not to, but have been weak over the weekend.... I cooked dinner Sunday and have too many good leftovers.... Will rid the frigde of nasties today...... Anyway, I'm anxious to get that security blanket back in place after my ordeal....

Well, DH has the day off due to storm and rain last night... Better go see what he has up his sleeve for the day.. Baby just finished Elmo and wants my attention. You all have a good day... Julie

Julie who's going to watch GD when DD comes home and needs to sleep - Those are hard hours - I know my sis did it back in the day - I watched the kids at night but she had them during the day 2 under 4 and one in school - I know she napped when they did.

The funny thing is I do not weigh myself always I like to wait for the Dr so I do not get obsessed. It is just I feel crappy yes probably because the eating and exercising.

1Day - Hugs !!!!

I'm new to this site and searching for an answer to this-- maybe you can help. . .

I had surgery yesterday, and afterwards I didn't feel as bad as I thought I might. Somewhat sore, but tolerable. This morning (24 hrs after surg) I feel quite a bit more sore. Anyone else? Is this normal? It's not horribly worse, plus I haven't taken pain med since last night, but it's definately harder to walk than yesterday.

Lisa

Lisa yes you will be sore and maybe gas pains in shoulder - gas xstrips help and so does walking - port site is what hurts/discomfort the most - about 2 weeks for me..

Happy Hump Day!

1Day...sorry for your struggles. Try to just make a plan for yourself (food and exercise) and stick to it the best you can. Start with mini goals and build it up. You can do this but with a plan it makes it easier.

Julie...the lonesomes only come once in awhile. I knew when I married DH that I married the farm right along with him. I don't see my guys much this time of the year, and when I do, it's like they are not all there. We're just makin' hay when the sun shines. It's gotta get done.

Nice you have your baby girl and that you are available to help your daughter as much as you do. Not all are so lucky. Some day I will be a GM. (hyperventilating!) Sooner the better.

Heading to the lake in a few minutes. I have two days left of volunteer work this week and three bridal showers that I need to make it to. Have my guys meals all made and ready to go and hopefully soybean planting will be done by Sunday. DH will come up if we get the rain they are talking about. For now it will just be me and the dog. Have 5 new books that need to be read and a cross stitch quilt (2 acutally) that I am working on. 16" squares that are total stitch work.

Everyone have a nice weekend.

Apples - Lake already - Lucky Girl - Have a good time...

Hi y'all~

Scales: (Before I forget) I bought the Biggest Loser scale at Bed bath and Beyond for ~ $15. I love it because it is easy to zero after you put your plate on... you can then add Protein, then zero and add something else. I actually keep it on the table or next to the stove. I use it with every Protein except an egg.

I discovered a nice "emergency" protein for when you are out and about. Chick Fil A will make any quantity of whatever they have for you. ie. The chicken nuggets on the menu, have 8 count. I wanted the 4 count like the kids meal. They will just give you that for $1.51!! They are EXACTLY 2 oz first of all, 130 cal, fat 6 gm, Fiber 1g, sugars 1g and protein 13gm. Although I don't advocate fried food~ it's ok for a rare taste. He told me they would sell me 2 if I wanted! I know you can get the grilled chicken, but for ME... I am too tempted to even have the bread near me. I don't eat bread PERIOD. Their chicken nuggets are always hot and fresh, so they are not hard and I guess the fat makes them easy to chew. Regular chicken breast I find it hard to eat.

Another on the go thing I like is Muscle Milk Light chocolate Flavor. Pepsi makes it and they sell it at most convenience stores and grocery stores. A 14oz bottle has only 160 cal and 20 gms of protein. It's smooth and doesn't have a Protein powder aftertaste. I find when I make smoothies at home I tend to add stuff to them and bump up the calories a bit too much. For Breakfast lately I have been making a shake with unjury powder 1 scoop, (80 cal/20gm prot), 8th Cont. Light Soy Milk (1 cup/60 cal/6 gm prot), 1/2 med. banana (50 cal), and throw in 1/2 c frozen mixed fruit (40 cal) and a splenda and tbs of SF Divinci flavoring= 230 cal. YUM!

DAF (dear aunt flow) is visiting. <sigh> read: cramps, bloating, chocolate cravings, H20 retention etc. I am not supposed to take NSAIDS, which usually save my life during this time of the month. I usually eat chocolate, which also saves my life and sanity of those around me. The SF dark choc. Jello pudding isn't doing it for me. I even canceled my workout today at the Y. Will go tomorrow for a mini fill, then get back on track Friday.

The rents leave tomorrow. : ( DS always gets so sad when they leave. This time it will be a couple months before we see them again.

Off to search for my heating pad. I think I am ready for menopause! LOL (1/2 kidding)

~peasout, Laura