Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

JULIE, HAPPY ANIVERSARY!

Janet, nothing new to report.....just busy babysitting. My DIL is in the hospital again with kidney stones. Babysitting a 1 month old keeps you from eating. I am going to weigh in a few days.

Long, have fun on your cruise!

Hello Everybody,

I am going to take your advise. I'm gonna just do it (walk). I want to tell you what I had to eat yesterday and today. Please give your honest opnion.

yesterday:

Breakfast-1/2 cup kashi Cereal, 1/2 cup of 2% milk good

Snack: 10 whole peanuts good

Lunch: 1/2 chick fili salad with thousand island dressing. Ok

Snack: Kashi bar Good

Dinner: Bite of Hot dog, Bite of Roast and carrots Need more Protein than just a bite of each

Snack: Chip and Dip ??? Depending on how much :0)

MeMe

Oh my Dear - You will get honest opinion here :)

1st you didn't get enough Protein - I am guessing here cuz I don't know what kind of cereal you had or what a chick fili salad is how much chicken and what else was in it and how much dressing you had or how many chips and dip guessing 14 chips & 2 tblspn dip - or if you used butter or not on carrots

Guesstimating here

BF 165 calores 10 grms pt

Peanuts - 100 cal - 5 grms pt

lunch 300 calories - 10 grms pt

Kashi bar 180 calores - 10 grms pt

dinner 200 Cal - 7 grms pt

Chips/Dip -300 Calorie - 2 grms pt

total for the day Calories 1245 - Pt 44

In my weight lost phase I kept my calories between 800 to 1200 and varied them daily

BF 150 - 200 cal - 5-10 Grams Pt

lunch 200 -250 Cal - 28 grms pt

dinner 300 - 350 calories - 28 grms pt

Snacks 200- 400 cals 3 to 5 grms of pt for some of those snackes

Low end 850 - high end 1200

low end pt 61 = high end pt 70

Again not bad - but not the greatest either (mostly cuz of your dinner and snack that threw you off.) But again I don't know how much you ate was it ff dip - lite dip - or reg sour cream..

and yep as the commercial says - Just do it - Let us know if you got that walk in..

Wow, I loved the idea of building a Bracelet to Celebrate my weight loss but I can't believe the prices on those things! DH is having a mini cow over my telling him tonite that I want to buy a recumbent exercise bike. I have a bad knee and now a heel spur acting up and walking is too hard for now. Think I'll try rebuilding more strength on the bike and ease into the walking. I've had success with that in the past....not as pretty as a new bracelet but, oh well!!

Indio-txs for the tip and you are soooo right. I have been experimenting with some of the Soups and it is much better. Still looking forward to mushies....but I think I can make it now.

Had my ortho appt today. X-rays don't show much change in the right knee... that's the one I had the partial.. about 5 yrs or so ago. He was concerned last year because the hardware was collapsing. Thinks that one can wait. Very little pain in that one. But left one is "shot", in his words... no cartilage. And lots of pain and immobility. But, lots of excess skin and fat just above the knee that concerns him because of increased risk of infection. So he is very reluctant to do it right now. He will if I press it, but wants me to see my primary care doc first, and even recommended a plastic surgery consult. I was glad he did that in front of DH because he has been fighting me on that "tooth and nail".

In the meantime, he injected the knee with cortisone, and I assume some novocaine because I had just about instant relief. Even did some exercises on my Wii Fit tonight. Also checked the exercise log. LOL.... first time I was back on it doing my balance games was Friday night. Saturday morning.. that's when I woke up and couldn't put any weight on my left leg!

It didn't dawn on me until yesterday that it may have been Wii Fit that aggravated it. At any rate, this is the game plan... calling my primary care doc tomorrow for an appt. Ortho won't even talk to me about scheduling surgery until she gives me the okay. He says I am probably anemic and may have some other nutritional issues that need to be addressed.... because of "absorption" problems! I tried to tell him that was not the case with band patients, but he was not listening to that. Then I am going to get an appt for plastic surgery consult for my legs.

That's my story for now, and I'm stickin' to it.

HUGS!

Hi everyone, Julie, happy belated anniversary -- sounds like you had a lovely time and sounds like you're doing better. Meredith, sorry about your having to wait til next Wed. for your date. I know how exciting it is and I hope you can be scheduled soon. I gave my ddil a Pandora Bracelet last year for her b-day, sounds like a great idea, may buy one for myself. They are really neat bracelets. Phyll sorry about your knee. If it's not one thing, it's another. I have a bad left hip and all my docs told me that if I lost 50 lbs. they thought it would be much better. Well, it's still the same after 60 lbs. I keep hoping it will improve, but so far, no such luck. No one ever x-rayed it or anything, they just looked at me and said, "well, your too heavy, that's why it hurts." Another good reason to get the band and lose the weight -- then maybe a doctor will DO something besides telling me "it's cause you're fat." Oh, well, sorry for the rant, just got off the subject, I do hope you can get your knee fixed or at least stay as pain free as possible. Everyone have a lovely Mother's Day and enjoy your families!! I didn't lose any weight this week, but all my new clothes are just too big. I realized that today when I was getting ready to go to a parade -- everything I bought for my trip to Vegas last month is already too big. It's great!!! I'm losing inches faster than pounds I think. I was complaining to my DH who said, "oh well, just go buy some new ones" -- that's a great perk about this weight loss. Janet, it sounds like you're doing great on getting rid of your 2 pounds -- I hope when I'm done losing and trying to maintain that I'm as good as you are. We went to a parade today (tulip time in Pella, Iowa) and I had no carnival food at all -- I was so proud of myself -- I took some grapes and snacked on them instead of partaking of all the goodies like corn dogs, dutch letters and funnel cake! My DH had my share and then some! Welcome to the newbies -- you've come to the right place for support and advice. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Linda

Morning to all,

Phyl, sorry to hear about your knees.... My mother has suffered with that pain and it's difficult.... Maybe because of the referal from your doc, you can get the PS done on your legs covered by insurance for medical need.... Wouldn't that be nice!!!! Good luck with your appointments...

LVJ, I hear you about the pain not subsiding after losing weight... I have a lower back problem and it hasn't gotten better even after 95 pounds.... Chiropractor says it will take time for my body to adjust to the change in weight.... You would think it wouldn't take that long to feel the difference... I guess we have to keep hoping it will change...

Gloomy, rainy day here today... Think I might try to do some cooking and baking today... I can sit through part of that... Am feeling a little better everyday.... Did lose a pound, and although that makes me happy, my doc might not agree just yet... I'm choosing to think it's okay... As long as I don't lose too much too fast I should be fine until my waiting period is over and I have my strength back again...

Happy Mother's day to everyone.. Hope you have a nice weekend... I'm going to fix an easy dinner for Mother, DD, GD and brother and his daughter... Heart healthy meal plan..... DD will help me.... Anyway, enjoy ladies.... Talk to you all later.... Julie

Good Morning Gang

Didn't get on the computer last night since DS & Family are here - they swam - we had pizza (1.5 Pieces) - watched slum dog millionaire (EXCELLENT MOVIE)

Kath - Mushies Refired Beans are the best with a little low fat cheese on top - and even mashed potatoes - I use instant w/skim milk and no Water to boost the protein.. I did still have restriction at that point so 1/2 cup even 3/4 c isn't bad

Meredith - Glad you enjoyed your semeniar - yep after being on lbt you are more informed that most.. I know I impressed my doc w/my knowledge..

Phyl - I really think that you should be able to get the leg plastic sugery covered by insurance if your doc submits it the right way... It is for medical reasons and not cosmetic..

Linda - Even if the scales don't move one week I think our bodies redistribute the fat and we lose inchs even though we don't lose poundage. Isn't it great to say my clothes are to big - greatest nsv !!!

Julie - you sound like you are getting stronger everyday...

My Mother's day menu - BBQ chicken - Mac salad - Aspauragus - this is for my for the girls - and the boys will have steak and baked potaotes..

Ok I should be on the computer to nite as dil going to meet friends - DS will be watching basketball - if not for sure on Saturday - the kid are going to see the other mom and I will have the house to myself..

Will ck back later...

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!

I just finished my first week of early morning workouts. It's tough getting up, but having it done has been great. I like not having to think about it at the end of the day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Kathy

Thank you, IndioGirl for the good advise. Thank you for taking the time to respond. You just don't know how good that makes me feel. I will post my menu from yesterday after lunch. I still didn't do any walking.

Happy Mother's Day to all you moms!

I just finished my first week of early morning workouts. It's tough getting up, but having it done has been great. I like not having to think about it at the end of the day.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Kathy

WTG KATHY ;) as you all know I am all about the exercise - and this is comming from a person who wouldn't walk any more than she had to before banding - I was a total slug bug..

Thank you, IndioGirl for the good advise. Thank you for taking the time to respond. You just don't know how good that makes me feel. I will post my menu from yesterday after lunch. I still didn't do any walking.

MeMe....

No problem - we all need support and help and theres' nothing wrong in asking for it..

My food yesterday

1 c cantaloupe (sp) 75 cal

1 c dry banana Cheerios 130 cal

1 Cup Navy Bean Soup - 180 Ccal

Popcorn - 300 cal

1.5 piece of pizza 400 cal

Veggies 25 cal

1 sf fudgesicle 100 cal

Raisians & Cashews 1/4 c 200 cal

Total for the day 1410....

Hello,

IndioGirl, I see you count calories. I will have to start doing that. How do you know how many calories to give things? Especially things that you season.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup kashi Cereal and 1/2 cup of 2% milk

Snack: 8 ounce of orange juice

Lunch: 1 fried chicken leg, small piece of cornbread, 3 bites of green Beans, and 3 bites of rice and gravy

Snack: Kashi Bar

Dinner: 2 whole fried catfish, 5 french fries

Today so far:

Breakfast: kashi cereal and milk, 8 ounce of orange juice

Lunch: small taco salad with 4 ounces of meat.

I have not had any Water today. I did not exercise yesterday.

Thanks for your encouragement.

Hello,

IndioGirl, I see you count calories. I will have to start doing that. How do you know how many calories to give things? Especially things that you season.

Yesterday:

Breakfast: 1/2 cup kashi cereal and 1/2 cup of 2% milk

Snack: 8 ounce of orange juice :glare:

Lunch: 1 fried chicken leg, small piece of cornbread, 3 bites of green Beans, and 3 bites of rice and gravy:eek:

Snack: Kashi Bar

Dinner: 2 whole fried catfish, 5 french fries:eek:

Today so far:

Breakfast: kashi cereal and milk, 8 ounce of orange juice :eek:

Lunch: small taco salad with 4 ounces of meat. :eek:

I have not had any Water today. I did not exercise yesterday.

Thanks for your encouragement.

MeMe

There are many online sites that will compute your calories for you - dailyplate.com - fitday.com - sparkspeople.com

CalorieKing.com

My Doc gave me a small calorie counting book - you can pick them up at any book store - mines' calorie king.. Plus I have a scales that when you put 4 oz of fish on it and type in the name it gives you the calories and all the other info including protein.. Also you gotta read labels..

Gotta say that your food yesterday wasn't ideal. :eek:

Healthy eating is low fat and fried foods & gravy arent - I know you are a southerner... but you are going to have to learn to cook differently if you want the weight to come off.

I was a total high fat girl (my mom from texas) I loved fried greasy foods - I could be Paula Deans Daught I Love butter.

I eat catfish most nites - but it's no longer fried - it's baked in the oven - and I guess if I wanted fried chick I would bake it too. I use I can't beleive it's butter spray.

You were banded in Jan 09 right??? Please forgive me its hard to keep up on eveyones dates ;0)

I think you may need a fill - you can eat 2 whole fried catfish???

During my weight lost phase I didn't bread my fish - I baked it plain with just garlic salt and pepper or withl pato (spice mex Tomato sauce) or cajun seasoning.

Those 8 oz of OJ are like 125 calories each - Why aren't you drinking your Water or doing your walking....

MeMe - What instructions where you given by your doctor - what were you told to eat

A Healthy lifestyle is eating Low Fat - Limited refined carbs (anything white) - limited sugar - Exercise.

I just want to thank you for letting me vent and advice. I am going to get back to the basics, use smaller plates and start to measure and write down everything that goes into this mouth of mine. I will get out of bed in the morning when DH leaves for work and throw in a Richard Simmons workout video to start with. I have done these in the past so I know I can do it... I really need to do this for ME. No one else. I cannot have another fill until I lose at least 50 more pounds because my port is deep and the doc has to do under fluro and he tried to put in a full 4 cc's on top of 4 ccs I already had in my band and I couldn't even swallow my siliva. I am going to do a few days of full liquids to cleanse my system persay. I know I can do it and you all made me open my eyes and look at the bigger picture and realize that I WILL do this for my health. I need to just stop stessing so much about things that I cannot control (ie; finances) Thank you for being here...... I think I need to go back a few (quite a few) pages so I can sorta catch up on everyone here.... I have been outta sorts for a while and need to re-focus on myself......

Gail

p.s. - I just bought myself a really pretty journal to use... It's small enough to fit in my purse so I can pull it out whenever/where ever I put anything into my mouth.....

1Day :eek: Hugs on your stress

The hair will come back - I know that hard to deal with right now - but get your Protein - fat - Water and take your Vitamins and do what Meredith said it will come back..

We call them Happy pills too at my work - it must be an ins pple word - alot of pple at my work are on them - I use to take zolfot but haven't needed them for the last 4.5 yrs..

I wish I could do more than tell you what to do - I wish I could make that coworker take the candy out of the office -

When crap happens it seems to happen all at once - but it will get better - I know that's hard to believe while you are in the middle of it - but a month from now you will look back on this time and be able to take a breath...

Hugs and vent away... You say you are an emotional eating - this is a habit that you are going to have to break - plan and simple - or as I said before have low cal foods for when you can't control the urge to eat...

You are just going to have to talk to your other person - give her a name and tell her she isn't going to win that You Meredith are in control and you aren't going for the candy you and just going to work thru the stress by taking a walk if you can = get up from your desk go to the bathroom lock the door and take a moment for you.

Just be glad that a serial killer didn't stop ... You DH knew what was wrong he fixed it - heck that's what they are for :0)

:glare:

Thanks for the support that is why I post here. Everyone is so helpful and friendly.Can someone tell me why we have to have everything happen at once? I guess then life would not be fun right? LOL AN you are right about the serial killer I never though about that.I guess I should count my blessings.

1 Day, sounds like you need to give yourself a break..... Relax and try not to let things get to you so much... This is coming from someone who has been there... It just does no good and hurts you.... I did it for years but have mellowed in my old age I guess... Wish I would have done it years ago... Things will get better.. A little time and a lotta prayers!!!!

So why if I know it does no good and it hurts do I let it bother me do keep with this way of thinking?(I know the million dollar question right?) I just want to get a hold of my thinking and move on from this. It fills like I have been dealing with this for ever.

1Day...sorry you had such a sucky day yesterday and hoping today started out better.

It has been better I am trying to hang on.

G

Oh ya 1Day listen to Julies advice - it is true

Relax and try not to let things get to you so much... This is coming from someone who has been there... It just does no good and hurts you.... I did it for years but have mellowed in my old age I guess... Wish I would have done it years ago... Things will get better.. A little time and a lotta prayers!!!!

This is comming from us with a few years under our belts - its very very good advice - cuz all this worrying stress anger isn't going to change what's happening at the moment - it only make it worse -

CBL - Have a good day ladies :eek:

This is so true but I guess it will take a little bit for my brain to let go

1Day~ It will be alright! Just look at all of the progress you have made so far! More than 50 pounds!

You are right I am proud but I feel like I am losing ground with my thinking. i just want to be happy with where I am in my life. Of course I want to lose more but I think I need to work on being happy with myself.