Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Hope everyone had a good day! The weather is finally getting nice here NY. I am about an hour up north from the City. It has been going back and forth with rain and cold but today was beautiful. Not too hot, not too cold, just the way I like it. Mother's Day was OK but has been hard for my sisters and I last two years without my mom with us any longer. We kept ourselves busy all day-dragged my husband and kids to a farm market and shopping with us. We had a BBQ. Like you, Mrs Bubba, I had a hard time with chicken which was cooked the way it is usually not a problem for me. It is good that you still have restriction even though your band is unfilled. And I forgot to tell you that I am glad you are doing better! I am a nanny and know how hard it can be. Try to take it easy when you can!:lol:Good Luck with that!

It is amazing how the band has a mind of it's own and you can never be sure if you will be Ok with eating something that was Ok in the past! We ate late and I have not been stuck like that in a while but I am fine today. I had a coffee Protein shake on my way to work. I ate greek yogurt mixed with banana Protein powder late morning, marinated steamed Tofu for lunch and I will have some fish for dinner. I am pretty happy eating like this everyday. I make sure I get 70-80 grams of Protein. I supplement with different flavored powders but it keeps me satisfied and it is easy. I also drink about 12 glasses of Water a day and that really keeps you full! I work 7-2 and then my kids get home from school so my day is full. It is still amazing to me that food is really a non-issue for me.

I used to spend my life obsessing about it no matter how busy I was. :thumbup:

Joanne, do you remember that we used to correspond when we were first banded? We had PMed each other about our knee problems. You are doing so well! I am glad you got to visit your family and you are safe at home now.

It is great being here! It is great to meet everyone and be able to share our band journey together! Have a great evening!:)

Edited by Barb12590

Hey girls....hope everyone had a great Mothers Day. Mine was just OK. This time of the year is tough to fit things in. Spent the entire day by myself. Did get a call off of youngest DS and a voice message from oldest DS. Oldest was out spraying fields and phone went dead. He felt so bad that he didn't get to talk with me but he called me this morning with a belated call. DH was going to take me out for supper. Got a call a few minutes after he got up to the lake because DS was stuck with sprayer in the mud. Had a few minutes with him and he had to take off. Just the life of a farm wife and her DH. No...I didn't think that sucked. I have learned over the years what comes first in our lives (especially planting and harvest seasons....well...I better add on spraying, cultivating and tiling season as well). Oops...that pretty much eats up most of the spring, summer and fall. Yes, I felt a little lonesome but that's just the way it has always been.

I have a confession.........I am ADDICTED to blackberries. I don't know what it is but cannot get enough of them. As most of you know, the last six months has been a real challenge for me to keep my weight where I want it to be. I am under goal by more than I like and do not to fill my tummy with fruit. So.......I just started putting blueberry Syrup on them with Cool whip. Num. (I am not a good example for anyone in the weight loss stage right now).

Barb12590...nice to have you posting and bonding with our group. Welcome and I hope you make a daily habit of it. You have done so well and seem to have your head together as far as what your body needs for nourishment. You Rock!!!!!! Congrats on the 118lbs lost.

Kath17268...welcome. You will slide into your food stages just fine. Just be well-prepared with what you have on hand. I am on the go ALOT and my truck looks no different than my pantry! I pack different foods to have on hand that I know will work for me in a pinch. Another trick is to eat when you are hungry and not go too far over. I notice that is when I run into trouble. I am soooooooooooooo hungry that I eat too fast. You will do just fine...don't be afraid to ask questions and come here for some support. We like hearing how everyone is adjusting and doing.

WELCOME BACK JOANNE. I have truly missed you and your posts. I have travelled to Australia a few times and I could never sleep on the plane either. Always shot by the time I got there and when I got home. Get caught up on your sleep. It is so important to our overall health. So excited that you are back with us.

Hey Janet...sounds like you had a crazy, busy weekend with family.

Hi Julie...back to the daycare schedule. I bet Mimi loved being back at grandma's. Take care.

Well, gotta run. Have to feed the guys out in the field since they don't want to stop for meals. Now just to figure out how to keep everything hot. They are all in different places and I made Italian sausage potatoes with a nacho cheese sauce, garlic bread and shortcake with a fruit sauce. This could be a challenge! Later!

Oh oh..forgot MiMi...

A few suggestions, if you don't mind. Get rid of the peanuts, the noodles, the fried chicken and the fruite punch!

Replace with steel cut oatmeal, salmon, fish of any kind, broiled chicken. Do turkey rollups with FF mayo and lettuce. Replace the peanuts with something more healthy. 100 cal pkgs of popcorn, almonds, fruit, etc.

I know it's hard to do but if you choose nice, healthy Proteins, you will stay full longer. Honest. Get everything out of your house that does not belong there. You can do this.

If you are really struggling, go back to your nutritionist and do weekly appts. with her/him. Keep a good food journal and account for everything that goes in your mouth. Start in the morning and plan everything you will eat that day. Do not do any impulsive eating. If it's not on your list for the day, don't be tempted to put it in your mouth.

Sorry to sound harsh but you gotta change the habits straight away. You will feel so much better about things once you do. Good luck and make sure to post what you eat and ask for advice.

Laura...that evening and night hunger can be wicked some times. Just give your fill time and see what it does. If you are tight in the morning, maybe this is just the way it is going to be for you. Save some of your snack for the evening. Get out the pickles, SF popsicles, etc when that night hunger hits. Make yourself a warm drink. That is something that always tamed my hunger. I would through some Water in the microwave and make a 25cal pack of hot chocolate. It seemed to do the trick.

Barb~ Before I get my banding done, I am trying to shop and prepare meal ideas for when it happens. I was just wondering what you marinate your tofu in? Also, I was wondering if you, or anyone else tried baby food in your mushy phase?

Apples~ Your weight loss is amazing! You are truly an inspiration to all, especially me! I love reading your posts about the farm. It reminds me of my sister.

Everyone~ I only have 2 more days until the woman who schedules surgery is back in the office! YAY!! I cannot wait.....but I must.

My dad was so cute last night! He has a smaller weight problem than I do but is so excited for me. Last night, he said, "I don't know if it is okay for me to ask you this, but I was wondering how much weight you plan to lose?" When I told him 120# he said that he is going to support me and help me through this journey. It was cute and nice of him. Also, he wants to start walking with me after the surgery! That will be so nice since we have a wonderful lake front park here just for the residents of our city. They also have a park there with a HUGE swimming pool! I plan on taking Water aerobics with my mom this summer there too! Has anyone else done Water aerobics? Ok, well, gotta go, I'm over my sisters house and I want to get out of here before her girlfriends come over.

Hope everyone has a great night!

Check in tomorrow,

Meredith

Yes you are right us kids want things now. LOL Thanks so much for you love and support it helps so much.

1day - :tt2::lol: - Always here for you even if it just so you can vent !!!

[/center]

Janet~ Thank you hon, you too! Hope you had a great day!

I did NOT get my wish of sleeping late. <SIGH> But Nelson was about to bust to give me his hand made mother's day card and my husband caved in and let him wake me up. The sight of opening my eyes to that little face always makes my day! The fact that God allowed ME to have this special little boy in my life! I got up... made everyone else Breakfast... and even cleaned the kitchen. Everyone thought the restaurants would be packed and didn't want to fight the crowd. I made everyone waffles and wasn't even tempted.

I did have a sitter this afternoon. The adults went to see "The Soloist". It was a great movie. No popcorn for any of us. (My family is the best support!) I had 10 RAISINETs and 10 Goobers (? 50 - 75 cal??)... and sipped on a Muscle Milk Light (160 cal/14 oz and 20 gms of protein).

dinner was a quick pick up of grocery store Rotisserie chicken (2 oz/95 cal)) and Tabouli 2 oz (90 cal) and one tablespoon of Baked Beans (?50 cal) and 1 melba toast (20 cal).

I bought Nelson ONE beautiful cupcake... just for him. Gave him a lick kiss on the cheek before wiping his hands and face! (???1000 calories.... he's sooooooo sweet!!!) LOL

Tired today... didn't exercise... needed a day of rest. : )

Hope all is well!!!

peasout!~

Laura

Laura - What a lovely way to wake up :wub:

Hi everyone, hope you all had a nice, restful Mother's Day. We went to church and then I made dinner for my mother, daughter, granddaughter, brother and his 2 daughters and 1 baby granddaughter... That was only 9 with the 2 little ones... Grilled steaks, baked chicken, lots of veggies and salad..... Homemade angel food cake with berries and whipped topping for dessert... I tried to make it more heart healthy for my brother... Everyone was happy... I, of course, did something dumb and tried to eat chicken breast and it stuck and hurt for a while but didn't come up.... I settled on the salad and veggies after that.... My back was really hurting when I finished the meal, but then I just sat and rested most of the day.... Managed to get my kitchen back in order..... Today I'm back with my little one... Had to stay the night at DD's as she had to leave for work at 5:00 am... Baby got up at 7:30 and then got her ready and brought her to my house... She's napping now and we have been doing okay.. I'm being smarter now and don't try to man-handle her.. I make her come to me... This is working better and I think I am a little stronger now, too... Don't have much more to do today with all the leftovers in the fridge....

Joann, glad you are home safe..... I hate those overseas flights..... I can never sleep either.... Now you are home you can rest up and settle back into your life.... congrats on doing so well while gone...

Laura, take a breath and re-group... things will come back to normal....

Welcome to the new ones again... I understand the "lurking"... I did it quite a while, too... Glad you'll be joining us....

Well, better go do something while Mimi's still sleeping.. I have a meeting here at 6:00... Should get things in order and make a little list or two....

Take care......... Julie

Julie glad to hear you had a good day - and are feeling better yet !!!

Hello everyone,

I hope you all had a great Mother's Day. Today has been so so. As IndioGirl said, I'm gonna have to just do it. I'm recommiting to making better food choices this week.

So far today I have had:

Breakfast: Kashi bar, cup of noodles (chicken flavor):eek:

Snack: peanuts:sneaky:

Lunch: 3 fried chicken legs.:)

Snack: peanuts and fruit punch (16 ounces):sad:

I did say, tomorrow will be a better day. The next meal will be better.

I'm trying to be honest. Please help me keep it real

Sweetie - Ya girl we are going to be getting really real...

Your food choices aren't the best - but I think you know that

What to you want - Do you want to be healthy or do you want to contintue to eat unhealthy - you can't have your cake and eat it too (pun intented)

You were banded 1 yr ago - how much weight have you lost?

Do you have a local support group that you can go to?

How's your restriction? Sound's like you need a fill.. When was your last fill?

Hope everyone had a good day! The weather is finally getting nice here NY. I am about an hour up north from the City. It has been going back and forth with rain and cold but today was beautiful. Not too hot, not too cold, just the way I like it. Mother's Day was OK but has been hard for my sisters and I last two years without my mom with us any longer. We kept ourselves busy all day-dragged my husband and kids to a farm market and shopping with us. We had a BBQ. Like you, Mrs Bubba, I had a hard time with chicken which was cooked the way it is usually not a problem for me. It is good that you still have restriction even though your band is unfilled. And I forgot to tell you that I am glad you are doing better! I am a nanny and know how hard it can be. Try to take it easy when you can!:lol:Good Luck with that!

It is amazing how the band has a mind of it's own and you can never be sure if you will be Ok with eating something that was Ok in the past! We ate late and I have not been stuck like that in a while but I am fine today. I had a coffee Protein shake on my way to work. I ate greek yogurt mixed with banana Protein powder late morning, marinated steamed Tofu for lunch and I will have some fish for dinner. I am pretty happy eating like this everyday. I make sure I get 70-80 grams of Protein. I supplement with different flavored powders but it keeps me satisfied and it is easy. I also drink about 12 glasses of Water a day and that really keeps you full! I work 7-2 and then my kids get home from school so my day is full. It is still amazing to me that food is really a non-issue for me.

I used to spend my life obsessing about it no matter how busy I was. :thumbup:

Joanne, do you remember that we used to correspond when we were first banded? We had PMed each other about our knee problems. You are doing so well! I am glad you got to visit your family and you are safe at home now.

It is great being here! It is great to meet everyone and be able to share our band journey together! Have a great evening!:sad:

Barb - I'm with you on Mother's Day - My Mom died 38 yrs ago and my stepmom died 17 yrs ago tomorrow - My Dad 17 yrs ago 6/15 - So I'm not big on these holidays... It's not about me - it's about my parents - But since my Ds & DIL are here - I did stuff for her - I got nice cards & flowers from them and my Grandkids... Being with them made my day..

Hey girls....hope everyone had a great Mothers Day. Mine was just OK. This time of the year is tough to fit things in. Spent the entire day by myself. Did get a call off of youngest DS and a voice message from oldest DS. Oldest was out spraying fields and phone went dead. He felt so bad that he didn't get to talk with me but he called me this morning with a belated call. DH was going to take me out for supper. Got a call a few minutes after he got up to the lake because DS was stuck with sprayer in the mud. Had a few minutes with him and he had to take off. Just the life of a farm wife and her DH. No...I didn't think that sucked. I have learned over the years what comes first in our lives (especially planting and harvest seasons....well...I better add on spraying, cultivating and tiling season as well). Oops...that pretty much eats up most of the spring, summer and fall. Yes, I felt a little lonesome but that's just the way it has always been.

I have a confession.........I am ADDICTED to blackberries. I don't know what it is but cannot get enough of them. As most of you know, the last six months has been a real challenge for me to keep my weight where I want it to be. I am under goal by more than I like and do not to fill my tummy with fruit. So.......I just started putting blueberry Syrup on them with Cool whip. Num. (I am not a good example for anyone in the weight loss stage right now).

Barb12590...nice to have you posting and bonding with our group. Welcome and I hope you make a daily habit of it. You have done so well and seem to have your head together as far as what your body needs for nourishment. You Rock!!!!!! Congrats on the 118lbs lost.

Kath17268...welcome. You will slide into your food stages just fine. Just be well-prepared with what you have on hand. I am on the go ALOT and my truck looks no different than my pantry! I pack different foods to have on hand that I know will work for me in a pinch. Another trick is to eat when you are hungry and not go too far over. I notice that is when I run into trouble. I am soooooooooooooo hungry that I eat too fast. You will do just fine...don't be afraid to ask questions and come here for some support. We like hearing how everyone is adjusting and doing.

WELCOME BACK JOANNE. I have truly missed you and your posts. I have travelled to Australia a few times and I could never sleep on the plane either. Always shot by the time I got there and when I got home. Get caught up on your sleep. It is so important to our overall health. So excited that you are back with us.

Hey Janet...sounds like you had a crazy, busy weekend with family.

Hi Julie...back to the daycare schedule. I bet Mimi loved being back at grandma's. Take care.

Well, gotta run. Have to feed the guys out in the field since they don't want to stop for meals. Now just to figure out how to keep everything hot. They are all in different places and I made Italian sausage potatoes with a nacho cheese sauce, garlic bread and shortcake with a fruit sauce. This could be a challenge! Later!

Apples - I love blackberries too :0) - Dinner sounds good... and ya being a farmers wife or doctors wife has it's time when they aren't going to be around.. But the times that you do have w/you DH & Kids - sounds marvolus - so it makes up for when they can't always be there..

Barb~ Before I get my banding done, I am trying to shop and prepare meal ideas for when it happens. I was just wondering what you marinate your tofu in? Also, I was wondering if you, or anyone else tried baby food in your mushy phase?

Apples~ Your weight loss is amazing! You are truly an inspiration to all, especially me! I love reading your posts about the farm. It reminds me of my sister.

Everyone~ I only have 2 more days until the woman who schedules surgery is back in the office! YAY!! I cannot wait.....but I must.

My dad was so cute last night! He has a smaller weight problem than I do but is so excited for me. Last night, he said, "I don't know if it is okay for me to ask you this, but I was wondering how much weight you plan to lose?" When I told him 120# he said that he is going to support me and help me through this journey. It was cute and nice of him. Also, he wants to start walking with me after the surgery! That will be so nice since we have a wonderful lake front park here just for the residents of our city. They also have a park there with a HUGE swimming pool! I plan on taking Water aerobics with my mom this summer there too! Has anyone else done water aerobics? Ok, well, gotta go, I'm over my sisters house and I want to get out of here before her girlfriends come over.

Check in tomorrow,

Meredith

Meredith

Oh I love the story about your Dad - That's so sweet - that's a conversation you are ALWAYS going to carry in your heart..

Hi Gang - I gotta be short - my DS is leaving in the morning and I want to go spend some time with them - was busy at work today my boss has gone fishing - and I got jury duty tomorrow...

Had a good MD with Family - 3/4 of a biscut & 1 sauage patty BBQ chicken 1 wing & leg - 3 or 4 chips - aspaugus - and 1 slice of apple pie & ice cream and popcorn - didn't eat the mac salad..

Well the kids are swimming - I'm going to go jump in the pool - may ck back later..

Hugs & Love - Janet

Laura, take a breath and re-group... things will come back to normal....

Welcome to the new ones again... I understand the "lurking"... I did it quite a while, too... Glad you'll be joining us....

Take care......... Julie

Mrs. Bubba~ Thanks! Things are returning to a bit of normalcy. The great thing is... before when life would stress me out like this, I would turn to food. I have been able to keep a rein on it this time.

THE GREAT NEWS.... My mom does NOT need surgery! Turns out it was a severe sprain, with effusion (bleeding inside the joint). She will need to take it easy.. but use it and maybe some PT. I am so relieved for her. My parents are so active and usually walk 3 miles/day and do hour of Water aerobics. Tonight she got in our pool! We rarely heat our pool this time of year in Florida.. but my parents like it 89 degrees! They have done so much for us, that I would do anything for them! Looks like they will be flying back to NC and leaving the boat down here for a paid captain to take back to NC.

Laura...that evening and night hunger can be wicked some times. Just give your fill time and see what it does. If you are tight in the morning, maybe this is just the way it is going to be for you. Save some of your snack for the evening. Get out the pickles, SF popsicles, etc when that night hunger hits. Make yourself a warm drink. That is something that always tamed my hunger. I would through some Water in the microwave and make a 25cal pack of hot chocolate. It seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for the advice Apples~ Yeah, I DO try to save some Snacks for night time. I find sometimes I just have to go to bed, as nothing tames the roaring lion in my tummy! I am wondering though... since I have not had anything really stuck- except the two times I did NOT chew... if I should have a small fill? I just don't want to "suffer" if a tiny fill could make things a TAD bit easier. I have a fill appt for Thurs, just trying to decide if I should go or wait a week.

My dad was so cute last night! He has a smaller weight problem than I do but is so excited for me. Last night, he said, "I don't know if it is okay for me to ask you this, but I was wondering how much weight you plan to lose?" When I told him 120# he said that he is going to support me and help me through this journey. It was cute and nice of him. Also, he wants to start walking with me after the surgery! That will be so nice since we have a wonderful lake front park here just for the residents of our city. They also have a park there with a HUGE swimming pool! I plan on taking water aerobics with my mom this summer there too! Has anyone else done water aerobics? Ok, well, gotta go, I'm over my sisters house and I want to get out of here before her girlfriends come over.

Check in tomorrow,

Meredith

STAY away from baby food!!! It has no taste and is not the way to go. You can basically make whatever food you want... and either buy a magicbullet mixer or a mini food processor. Once on mushies, can make a Soup with fish/veggies/broth and then puree. Or even some of the healthy choice Soups could be blended and eaten as long as they are not thick. I will write a longer list later... I wrote an email to my sister who is having bypass surgery on 6-2... telling her things to buy. I will have to find that email for you. Some of the more experienced people may have even better ideas. It's been 69 days since my surgery! I just looked at my Realizemysuccess web page. WOW! Good luck with waiting 2 more days! You will start getting more and more excited! I am so happy for you!

Re: you dad. That is SO sweet! My parents were also so supportive. They didn't ask my weight but I volunteered it. My husband didn't even know my weight, and daily he has to estimate people's weight to give anesthesia! He had me estimated at 50# lighter! (not sure if that was intentional!):) Family support is SO important!

Water aerobics is GREAT! I do regular cardio/circuit training on MWF and do water aerobics on T/TH. It's a great compliment to regular gym stuff. And in the beginning.. it was a wonderful workout alone.

Everyone~ Thanks for your continued words of encouragement! You guys are awesome!:thumbup:

Meredith..thanks for the compliment. And about the baby food...ditto what Laura said. Get used to making your own food right off the bat. I feel a person has better control of what they are eating and food is healthier cooked at home. There are so many different options. Maybe all of us can get a list together for you....I don't have time now but can you remind us in the next couple of days?????????

You know, Laura, maybe you are right with the fill. You can always try a small one and see what it does for you. All I know is that most evenings is when I am the hungriest and I think that I am at my sweet spot. Good luck if you decide to get one. Only you know for sure what you ned.

Laura and Apples~ Thanks for the advice! It is a great help! If you do have simple and easy food ideas for me before I get my surgery, I can start to purchase things that I need before. I would really appreciate it! Thank you.

Also, my dad wasn't sure about the surgery at first, and actually was against it. He is my best friend really, and we spend tons of time together and on the phone. I think that he was just worried about his "first born". Once he did his research and I told him more about it, he is 100 percent behind me. He and my boyfriend (who is thin of course!) walk together all of the time. I feel blessed to have everyones support and encouragement.

Have a nice night.

~Meredith

Laura and Apples~ Thanks for the advice! It is a great help! If you do have simple and easy food ideas for me before I get my surgery, I can start to purchase things that I need before. I would really appreciate it! Thank you.

Also, my dad wasn't sure about the surgery at first, and actually was against it. He is my best friend really, and we spend tons of time together and on the phone. I think that he was just worried about his "first born". Once he did his research and I told him more about it, he is 100 percent behind me. He and my boyfriend (who is thin of course!) walk together all of the time. I feel blessed to have everyones support and encouragement.

Have a nice night.

~Meredith

Meredith...so nice to hear that you have that kind of relationship with your father. Usually when people take the time to research the band, they come around.

I will list below some of the things I had on hand during different stages. But, my doc moved me to full liquids the day after surgery and then to mushies on day 7.

I bought some Aitkins caramel latte Protein drinks, SF Jello, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, Protein Powder and made my own drink concoctions. Had SF popsicles on hand to get me through sometimes. I bought a variety of clear broth mixes. I still love to have one now and then.

For mushies I did tuna with FF mayo, greek yogurt, canned chix breast with FF mayo or FF sour cream, Egg Beaters to make omelettes. Used salsa and cheese on to zip it up a bit. Would put a bit of salsa with my cottage cheese also.

I was just very careful to follow EVERY rule my doc had. Truly believe that's what it takes to be a successful bander. I always had something planned to take my mind off of hunger when it hit. Do keep in mind that there will be times b/4 you get your fills that you will be hungry. I had a list available for myself with different activities when the hunger set in.

I would go brush my teeth, drink a warm drink, get in the tub with a book, put the leash on the dog and take a walk, make a nice warm cup of broth and hit the daily crossword. Just anything to distract me. It always seemed to work. I also just plain told myself that I was not hungry and made myself wait an hour and reaccess my hunger. In that hour I would continually sip my liquids and they really did take care of the hunger.

I still plan ahead with my menu for the day. Having good, healthy foods on hand, bagged up in the required portions really made a difference for me. You would be surprised by the difference in portions when you don't weigh and measure your food. Plus, you know exactly what you are getting and them temptation is less when you have your portion right in front of you.

Hope this helps some. It's been so long ago that I was in the beginning stages.

Another thing Meredith. Speaking of weighing and measuring. Get yourself a reliable food scale. I have a Salter digital but know there are many out there. Can't remember the brand Janet has but remember her talking about it and that she really likes it.

Also, have your medications on hand ahead of time so you are not running out the day after surgery to get them filled. Ask your doc ahead of time to see if he will give you a prescription for what you need. Also, talk to doc about what he recommends for Vitamins so you can have them on hand.

Hello hello hello, I feel like I've been gone forever. Had to catch up tonight on all the news. JoAnn, so glad you are home safe and sound and had a nice visit with your DD and grandkids. I don't think anyone really sleeps on planes - I never can either, and it sounds like the majority of us in here don't either. It would be so nice if we could. For some strange reason, I want to be fully awake in case something happens. That's so dumb. Julie, so happy you are feeling better and able to watch your grandbaby. It sounds like you are getting stronger and stronger every day. Just remember to not overdo it. Recovery takes a lot more time than we realize. Meredith, I do Water aerobics 5 times a week. My surgeon cleared me to start up again at my one week after surgery check up. I also ride a recumbant bike and do weight machines at the gym. Walking is such good exercise that I recently got a Leslie Sansome walking tape which is also good and my son bought me a Wii and Wii fit for my birthday/mother's day gift. Exercise is truly the key to successful weight loss. Not only do you burn fat with aerobic exercise, but you increase your metabolism and increase muscle mass with exercise which helps us to become fat burning machines! It's funny how quickly my body became adjusted to exercise again. I think our muscles have excellent memories. Janet, your visit with DS, DIL and grandkids sounds ilke it went well. I had to work all day yesterday, but that doesn't bother me. I still had a nice Mother's Day. All the kids called so that was lovely. Meredith, as far as pureed food went, I had a tough time with that. I had a bad gag reflex from it for some reason and so my doctor advised me to eat very very soft foods, like salmon patties, tuna, soft scrambled egg beaters, refried Beans, etc. soupy oatmeal, soupy Soup, non fat yogurt, non fat cottage cheese, sugar free pudding and Jello. I made and ate a lot of homemade split pea soup and some bean soup that I was able to eat pureed. I also supplemented with some Protein Shakes during that time. Even though the food was soft I still ate very slowly and chewed it very very well. I know egg drop soup is another favorite in the lap band world. If you go to the food section here there are lots of suggestions for recipes for pureed foods and mushies, etc. Hope that helps. Just remember, to always follow your surgeon's guidelines and to always talk to your surgeon (or dietician at your clinic) before eating anything that is not on your recommended food list for each stage. Each patient is so different and your surgeon or dietician needs to be aware of what you are putting in your mouth. Apples you are so cute with your blackberry addiction -- I love all fruit, always have. For some reason though, when I was eating badly (fattening foods), I tended to not eat much fruit -- now that I'm back to eating healthy again, fruit is again just a natural part of my diet. Laura, so glad your Mom's okay -- that was a great Mother's Day gift for both you and your mom. Barb, thanks for joining our group. Us newbies need as many of you experienced banders to help us along our journeys. Congratulations on doing so well with your band and for maintaining it. I think coming here and sharing is all a big part of the whole experience that will help us all stay accountable. MeMe, it sounds like you're struggling with food choices but trust that everyone here is here for YOU and wants you to succeed. I know it's hard to give up some favorite foods, but I can honestly say that I feel so much better now that I don't eat fried foods (they gave me terrible heart burn EVERY day) and foods full of fat. I have found that planning my meals and always having my food stocked in my fridge and house is very important. If you would log your food intake on a website like thedailyplate.com you would be able to compare the difference in calories and fat grams between a baked chicken leg and a fried chicken leg which would probably help you make better decisions. I wish you all the best and hope you'll continue to stay with us on your journey. Well, I didn't mean to write a book here, but just wanted to check in. Today's food: Brunch was 1 Morning Star Sausage Patty with 2 servings of Egg Beaters Original scrambled with 1 slice of 2% Amer. Cheese, a few strawberries and 1/2 banana mixed with non fat Yoplait yogurt. dinner was grilled chicken breast and soured green beans and snack was sugar free pudding and sugar frree jello. Around 1100 calories. I rode recumbant bike for 40 mins. did weight machines for 30, and did 60 mins. of water aerobics. My weigh in day is tomorrow and I hope the scale moves (it didn't budge last week). Have a good Tuesday everyone! Linda

I need some of my experenced friends to help! Yesterday I had my second fill and something just does not feel right. I had Soup for dinner, took a pill that was huge cause I forgot I can not take it whole anymore. I don't know if that plugged me up or what, but about 11 lastnight I got up and checked my sugar. Since my sugar was very low and I was feeling hungry, I tried two small bites of chicken. I now know what slimming is! But then I lost everything. Oh man my chest hurt too. Kind of like I needed to swallow but couldn't. Anyway, can you tell me what you think? Was it the pill? Was the band too tight? I don't want to go to the doctor since it is a two hour drive both ways. This morning I am drinking a Protein Shake very slow, so far so good. Thanks for any advise.

I need some of my experenced friends to help! Yesterday I had my second fill and something just does not feel right. I had Soup for dinner, took a pill that was huge cause I forgot I can not take it whole anymore. I don't know if that plugged me up or what, but about 11 lastnight I got up and checked my sugar. Since my sugar was very low and I was feeling hungry, I tried two small bites of chicken. I now know what slimming is! But then I lost everything. Oh man my chest hurt too. Kind of like I needed to swallow but couldn't. Anyway, can you tell me what you think? Was it the pill? Was the band too tight? I don't want to go to the doctor since it is a two hour drive both ways. This morning I am drinking a Protein Shake very slow, so far so good. Thanks for any advise.

Sounds like you got stuck. Hard to say if it was the pill or maybe not chewing well enough. You have the right idea by drinking liquids today. There was a time where I got stuck and 4 days later still felt a little sore and swollen. I babied my band and just did liquids and soft foods until it felt better. Gotta be really careful once you start getting fills that you chew well and eat slow. Don't know what else to tell ya!

Thanks Apples, sometimes it is just hearing it from someone who has been there. I do feel kind of sore today. Went and bought some Chamomile and some Peppermint teas hoping to easy the hurt a bit. This morning I broke the pills in half but may smash them next time since I am so afraid of getting that stuck feeling again. So, does it get easier a few days after a fill? I mean this "stuffy" feeling, or do you just get use to it? Thanks for your help!