Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

Good Morning

Laura - it's an age thing forgetting - nothing to do with the lack of food :0)

You will be ok with those calories - it may even spur a weight loss..

1day - How are you feeling

Meredith - Did you a call the doc - what's up with that..

Long - ya it takes time to catch up and get back into your routine.

Well just cking in - my boss is back from vacation better get my butt in gear...

Morning..... I have a morning off as I took baby to the sitter for a few hours.. Needed some time to myself to catch up... Took her at 8:30, came home and sat in the hot-tub..... have now just finished coloring my hair and having a nice shower..... It's good to relax a bit...

1Day, OMG, I'm so glad you got this thing early on... A ruptured cyst on my spleen is what they think did the number on me that almost killed me.... I don't know if I'll ever just wait for a pain to subside again....

Apples. emjoy your time away with DH.... Could go for some of that myself.......

Peas...... I'm with Janet, I think it's an age thing... And some days I feel young and some I feel old!!!

Hope all are well.......gotta go relax some more!!!! Julie

1 Day - I am so sorry for this setback. I hope your body absorbs this Fluid quickly - you sure don't need this!

I hope the fill helps you get back on track. It's funny (peculiar, that is, not haha) how quickly we can slip away from the plan we have set before us. I seem to be fighting that mini-battle every day, too.

Hugs,

JoannMarie,

I feel a little better today. I go see my ob/gyn Dr today just to make sure everything is on track for the healing since the ER Dr didn't seem to really care to much. He gave me Demoral which gave me migranes. Like I so need another pain. LOL I guess all I can do is laugh even though is hurts like crap.

1Day....I have had ovarian cysts burst three times in my life. First when I was 22. I actually passed out two of the times it happened. Painful. You should feel better in a couple of days. Hang in there!

Apples,

I have never had that happen before you think you would get a warning instead of horrible pain from no where. Is that all you can do is wait? That stinks. I was trying to transfer to another job at my work and I hope this will not be used against me. Since my acting manager is being a jerk I woul not tell him exactley what it was. He is a man and he would not understand.

1Day OMG Hugs GF - That had to be painful... Hope you are feeling better real soon...

IndioGirl,

Thanks for the well wishes I hope I will feel better real soon. I need to get back to work. You always worry with the ecnomy and job market you don't want to give them any reason to let you go. Even though I have worked sick as a dog. This is the first time I have ever missed work.

I am in less pain but now I have Migraines because of the pain med they gave me in the hospital. oh joy

1Day, OMG, I'm so glad you got this thing early on... A ruptured cyst on my spleen is what they think did the number on me that almost killed me.... I don't know if I'll ever just wait for a pain to subside again....

Mrs Bubba,

You know us woman have to deal with alot why do we get all the fun things. Like Cyts that rupture. I mean give me a break.

Hi everyone, Just checking in.

ONE DAY... Hope you feel better soon!

Yellow Tulip.... Welcome!

Joanne...Happy Birthday!

Meredith.... Hear anything yet?

If I forgot to mention anything else personal to anyone...I am wishing the best and on your side!

I am home. Had an accident yesterday. :crying:The little guy I watch opened the door into my nose! OUCH!! I saw stars! It is broken at the tip but nothing they can do. It does not look terrible and I did not get black eyes so it could have been worse. I have a slight headache. The house really needs cleaning but headache gets worse when I bend down so I guess I need to leave the house alone. I don't know about anyone else but I like things in order and I almost feel a panic when things are a mess and all over the place. There is something going around and my 12 yr old son has a stomachache and is home from school.(7th grade) I have a 3rd grade girl too. The Swine Flu is not in my School District but it is in the next one over. I know that it is really just a flu and we are healthy so should not be to bad even if it did effect us but still so scary!! :cursing:

Still doing good with band/food. This is amazing to me. My restriction really curves my urge to eat but I have been making myself have 5 small Protein snacks/ shakes or meals a day. I guess I am fueling my metabolism constantly which is the best thing to do. I count the shakes as liquid. Do you guys do that? Dr said yes, they count so I make sure to get 80 oz of some liquid daily. I actually lost another 3 lbs but not in the mood to change my ticker. I am a few pounds under my original final goal.:cursing: I can't believe it!

Oh boy, head is starting to hurt. Need to lay down. Have a good day everyone!

Edited by Barb12590

Barb12590~ OMG... the nose thing sounds painful! Hope you feel ok soon. Yeah, if it's just a chip of the nasal bone... nothing to do but let nature do its course.

1day~ How are you feeling? I had multiple ovarian cysts when I was going through 2 years of infertility treatments. They do hurt like He!!... The body usually absorbs the fluid- ruptured or non ruptured. The pain is your body telling you to take it easy. If it hurts, stop moving that way. : ) Demerol is a horrible drug. Even if it is given in an IV or shot it causes rebound pain. The pills are worse in my opinion, and very little is absorbed. I have never personally taken them but 19 years of working in ERs. If you are still having pain ask them for something else. I found that anti-inflammatories work great for this kind of pain. (maybe even a prescription one like Celebrex). Did they tell you to use a heating pad? That helped me a lot. Hang in there!

Mrs. Bubba/Julie~ Sounds like that was JUST the thing you needed! I know I always feel better with my hair colored and a nice soak! I am glad to hear you are taking time for yourself after that big ordeal you had.

And thanks guys for the reassurance with the calories. I know in theory it is fine.. but I have to keep a tight rein on myself. I have always let things slip slowly and then get outta control. I am in a plateau, so maybe you guys are right... it might do me some good!

Ate out for my 3rd (I think?) time only since surgery. We went to a nice seafood place here near the beach for lunch. I ordered a cup of black bean Soup (I have been on a black bean kick lately!) I ate only 1/2 of it, wanted to save room for my main item. I ordered an appetizer portion of Maryland Crab cake. You could get it broiled or fried.. i got it broiled. It was SOoooo delicious!!! I only ate half of it, it was big. It was SUCH an enjoyable feeling being at a restaurant and being STUFFED after eating so little. My husband and I are laughing about how we could have 2 each as an appetizer before. I did drink unsweetened iced tea at lunch (a few sips), as a precaution. I got brave and took one bite of Nelson's chicken finger and chewed it well and it went down fine. I think that swelling has now gone away. I think I will have some more solid Protein for dinner. : )

Hope everyone is well and enjoying the rest of the day! Torrential rain in Florida for a few days!

peasout~ Laura

I'm calling the dr. office now! I feel like I've been waiting forever! Lets get the show on the road!

I will check back after and let you know how it went!

Meredith

Barb, hope my computer does not get a bug from those sick people in your house! I am so sorry you got hurt. I know about those stars, I have been there for sure.

I gained a little today. Guess I need to stop getting on the scales everyday, although it does make me work a bit harder on the treadmill.

I'm calling the dr. office now! I feel like I've been waiting forever! Lets get the show on the road!

I will check back after and let you know how it went!

Meredith

Good luck squeaky wheel!!! Let us know what happens! CROSSING MY FINGERS FOR YOU!!!!!!

I posted last night - where in the heck is it !!!! That happend on my #7 thread the day before !!!

Well so be it now let see what I said

Julie glad you had sometime to yourself - we all need that - a 2 yr old at this age is a lot to handle on a good day - I know that I don't think I would want to babysit a 2 yr old and I think I am a couple of yrs younger than you - That's alot to handle..

1day - How are you feeling,...

Meredith - What did the office say

Barb - You are right - if the scales are up then it does seem to motivate us to work a littler harder - Thursday is usually my day off from the gym - but going out friday night and depending on how much I drink - don't know if I will get my workout on Sat Morning - so for insurance I am going tonite - plus I have a wedding on Saturday too ..

Laura - Glad your fill has settled down - how did dinner go last night..

Well gang just cking in - I'll CBL - Hugs

I posted last night - where in the heck is it !!!! That happend on my #7 thread the day before !!!

Laura - Glad your fill has settled down - how did dinner go last night..

Well gang just cking in - I'll CBL - Hugs

Hi~ the fill is calming down. I think I need to learn to LISTEN to my band now. I will find myself "satisfied" with my meal and then while cleaning up, I will have one or two last bites of Protein... oops. I immediately get some pain and stop. I just wish I would stop when I feel satisfied. It's amazing what a difference two more bites can do to you! No more PB.. but I will have the fist for a few min or 10.

Last night though, I had 2oz. of lamb chop meat. (the lollipop kind) DH puts salt and pepper and oregano and puts them on the grill. Cooks them medium to MR. I trim all the fat and whatever off and just have meat. Cut in tiny bites. It was delicious!!! Yeah, back to eating solids! I had 2oz of sweet potato and then a spoonful of a Moroccan kind of stew- Tomato based with veggies and garbanzo Beans.. allspice.

Thank goodness I had an enjoyable meal...b/c the rest of the night was downhill for me with American Idol! I LOVE Adam Lambert and was just sad that he didn't win the show.

Off to get work done and then run errands! TTYL!

peasout~ Laura

1day~ How are you feeling? I had multiple ovarian cysts when I was going through 2 years of infertility treatments. They do hurt like He!!... The body usually absorbs the fluid- ruptured or non ruptured. The pain is your body telling you to take it easy. If it hurts, stop moving that way. : ) Demerol is a horrible drug. Even if it is given in an IV or shot it causes rebound pain. The pills are worse in my opinion, and very little is absorbed. I have never personally taken them but 19 years of working in ERs. If you are still having pain ask them for something else. I found that anti-inflammatories work great for this kind of pain. (maybe even a prescription one like Celebrex). Did they tell you to use a heating pad? That helped me a lot. Hang in there!

Yeah I am using my heating pad it does help. I can go back to work tomorrow. So I will actually go in at 9 instead of 11 since they are so shorted staff. What can I say I am a dedicated worker. :thumbup: I don't have Celebrex but I have another anti inflammatory so I will try that. I think it is Voltaren.

1day - How are you feeling,...

I am feeling alot better. I am just taking it easy today since I am going back to work tomorrow. Thanks for the love.

Laura, me too, I was so disappointed in Idol last night. I like Kris, but just don't think he has as much talent (or voice) as Adam. But, the good news is almost all the final 5 or 6 will have great careers -- they were all amazing this year. I'm checking in here just to get motivated to get to my exercise today -- feeling a little sluggish. Oneday, hope you are feeling better today and sorry to hear of your illness and wishing you a fast and full recovery. Julie, glad you are taking time for yourself -- you deserve it. Long, you are such an inspiration - you're not even at your one year anniversary yet and look how great you've done!! It helps keep me motivated for sure. Barb, hope your nose gets better soon and everything I said about Long goes to you too, you've done great. I only lost 1 lb. this week, but I know I'll end up with a loss next week - my body is so weird the way it reacts. Made some tasty salmon patties for my lunch -haven't had much fish lately, so thought I'd better have some. Going to card party tonight where I'll have to be very firm and take only a few bites of whatever fabulous dessert is offered. Went out for dinner last night and had crab with cocktail sauce -- my new favorite way to eat steamed crab -- who would have ever thought I'd forego butter!! Amazing! Meredith, I'm hoping you have good news when I check back in later. Laura hope Nelson is feeling better. Wow, that is a great gift you got from your wellness center. I'm jealous! Have a great afternoon and evening everyone. Linda

Hi~ the fill is calming down. I think I need to learn to LISTEN to my band now. I will find myself "satisfied" with my meal and then while cleaning up, I will have one or two last bites of Protein... oops. I immediately get some pain and stop. I just wish I would stop when I feel satisfied. It's amazing what a difference two more bites can do to you! No more PB.. but I will have the fist for a few min or 10.

Last night though, I had 2oz. of lamb chop meat. (the lollipop kind) DH puts salt and pepper and oregano and puts them on the grill. Cooks them medium to MR. I trim all the fat and whatever off and just have meat. Cut in tiny bites. It was delicious!!! Yeah, back to eating solids! I had 2oz of sweet potato and then a spoonful of a Moroccan kind of stew- Tomato based with veggies and garbanzo Beans.. allspice.

Thank goodness I had an enjoyable meal...b/c the rest of the night was downhill for me with American Idol! I LOVE Adam Lambert and was just sad that he didn't win the show.

Off to get work done and then run errands! TTYL!

peasout~ Laura

Well I guess I was the only Kris Fan - don't get me wrong Adam is great - but to me every time he walked on stage I saw him preforming - not that the music was in his soul it was a performance - I liked how sweet Kris is and seems very genuine ... A folkies kind of singer..

But heck all of the top 5 are going to have record deals..

Laura - are you getting enough Protein 2 oz of meat - is about 14 grms pt - - glad the fill is better

I am feeling alot better. I am just taking it easy today since I am going back to work tomorrow. Thanks for the love.

Well just think work tomorrow then off for 3 day :0)

Laura, me too, I was so disappointed in Idol last night. I like Kris, but just don't think he has as much talent (or voice) as Adam. But, the good news is almost all the final 5 or 6 will have great careers -- they were all amazing this year. I'm checking in here just to get motivated to get to my exercise today -- feeling a little sluggish. Oneday, hope you are feeling better today and sorry to hear of your illness and wishing you a fast and full recovery. Julie, glad you are taking time for yourself -- you deserve it. Long, you are such an inspiration - you're not even at your one year anniversary yet and look how great you've done!! It helps keep me motivated for sure. Barb, hope your nose gets better soon and everything I said about Long goes to you too, you've done great. I only lost 1 lb. this week, but I know I'll end up with a loss next week - my body is so weird the way it reacts. Made some tasty salmon patties for my lunch -haven't had much fish lately, so thought I'd better have some. Going to card party tonight where I'll have to be very firm and take only a few bites of whatever fabulous dessert is offered. Went out for dinner last night and had crab with cocktail sauce -- my new favorite way to eat steamed crab -- who would have ever thought I'd forego butter!! Amazing! Meredith, I'm hoping you have good news when I check back in later. Laura hope Nelson is feeling better. Wow, that is a great gift you got from your wellness center. I'm jealous! Have a great afternoon and evening everyone. Linda

Ok Linda - I don't want to work out today either - I drank coffee last night to stay up and watch idol - didn't get to sleep til after 12 and I get up at 5 !!! But since I may not get my Sat Morning work out in - I'm going to nite - I am drinking a strong glass of ice tea right now - cuz I could take a nap...

Hi all~

Protein: I think I am getting enough.

Sun: Cal 1049, prot 77 gms

Mon: Cal 817, prot 66

Tues: Cal 1300, prot 82

Wed: cal 1065, prot 66

Thurs: cal 882, prot 70

My doc told me to aim for 1000 calories and 80 grams of Protein. This week I was a little low on a couple days, but i have had a plateau this week. For the life of me I cannot figure it out. I am so afraid of increasing my calories too much. I haven't changed my ticker.. but I am actually at 261 today. I know.. i know.. stop weighing every day! I have exercised 5 days a week for the last month! It's just frustrating to me. These -1 lb a week... or for example this week, +2... just drives me NUTS!

I feel I am finally VERY near my sweet spot. I am a tiny bit on the tight side. Today, almost had a PB after lunch eating tilapia fish. But I am so enjoying the full feeling. I am scheduled for a "fill" for next Thursday- but they told me to cancel if I didn't need it. Can't decide whether to cancel it or go in and get a tiny bit out. Decisions. Decisions.

I sent Nelson to school today although he had a 99.4. He has no cough, no runny nose, eating good, no pain or acting funny. Yesterday he was actually completely fine and bouncing off the walls from being inside. I always tell the teachers to call me immed. if he acts sick or looks worse. They said he had 2 pieces of pizza today at "pizza day" and that he played in the garden and playground all of recess. Kids and germs.

Facebook CRACKS me up! When I was in highschool I used to call my local DJ and request songs almost every night. Sometimes we would talk a bit on the phone in between songs. A couple of times he let me "win" the concert ticket giveaways too! I met him when I had to go to the station to pick up the tickets. He definitely had a face for radio...LOL.. but was a nice guy. His girlfriend at the time (now his wife) remembered my name and friended me on FB. So now, after all these years we are reconnected! I am still shocked she remembered my name. It is a unique name and ojnly 20 in the whole country.

ok guys, off to watch So you think you can dance... dance... dance! Fold laundry and finish drying my hair.

hugs to all!

peasout~ Laura

Hi all~

Protein: I think I am getting enough.

Sun: Cal 1049, prot 77 gms

Mon: Cal 817, prot 66

Tues: Cal 1300, prot 82

Wed: cal 1065, prot 66

Thurs: cal 882, prot 70

My doc told me to aim for 1000 calories and 80 grams of Protein. This week I was a little low on a couple days, but i have had a plateau this week. For the life of me I cannot figure it out. I am so afraid of increasing my calories too much. I haven't changed my ticker.. but I am actually at 261 today. I know.. i know.. stop weighing every day! I have exercised 5 days a week for the last month! It's just frustrating to me. These -1 lb a week... or for example this week, +2... just drives me NUTS!

I feel I am finally VERY near my sweet spot. I am a tiny bit on the tight side. Today, almost had a PB after lunch eating tilapia fish. But I am so enjoying the full feeling. I am scheduled for a "fill" for next Thursday- but they told me to cancel if I didn't need it. Can't decide whether to cancel it or go in and get a tiny bit out. Decisions. Decisions.

I sent Nelson to school today although he had a 99.4. He has no cough, no runny nose, eating good, no pain or acting funny. Yesterday he was actually completely fine and bouncing off the walls from being inside. I always tell the teachers to call me immed. if he acts sick or looks worse. They said he had 2 pieces of pizza today at "pizza day" and that he played in the garden and playground all of recess. Kids and germs.

Facebook CRACKS me up! When I was in highschool I used to call my local DJ and request songs almost every night. Sometimes we would talk a bit on the phone in between songs. A couple of times he let me "win" the concert ticket giveaways too! I met him when I had to go to the station to pick up the tickets. He definitely had a face for radio...LOL.. but was a nice guy. His girlfriend at the time (now his wife) remembered my name and friended me on FB. So now, after all these years we are reconnected! I am still shocked she remembered my name. It is a unique name and ojnly 20 in the whole country.

ok guys, off to watch So you think you can dance... dance... dance! Fold laundry and finish drying my hair.

hugs to all!

peasout~ Laura

Well you are doing good on the protein- hows the sodium?? Is it that time of the month and forgive me I forget - but are you weighing every day :0)

Take a couple days off on the exercise and it might help - I know that for me the weeks that I exercised hard the scales didn't move that much then if I took a couple days off the would move

Glad your baby is back to his self...

it's 7:47 here so I have another 15 til Dance - better go start dinner...

Ttyl

Hugs Janet