Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm here to help...

The sun is just rising and looks like a beautiful day. Hopefully for all of us it will be…

Well, I am finally in onederland!!!!!! I am so happy.

Best wishes, Holly

April exercise 3/20

Banded 1/29/09

weight.png[/img]

The sun is just rising and looks like a beautiful day. Hopefully for all of us it will be…

Well, I am finally in onederland!!!!!! I am so happy.

Best wishes, Holly

April exercise 3/20

Banded 1/29/09

[/img]

Holly

:smile2:CONGRATULATIONS :smile:

ON

:wub:ONERDERLAND :wub:

:thumbup:WTG:thumbup:

Congrats Holly on onedurland!. I was thrilled when I hit that mark also. Now I am 181.2 and trying to get into the 170's. I take it 5 at a time now. I will loose more once I start in the garden, swimming, etc. Janet, I saw Traceeeeeeee last year at the state fair. It was a great show. I don't know whos coming this year but we usually have pretty good entertainment. I love country music but then again I love all music. My son is coming over to measure for the granite tonight. That is what he does for a living so got a good deal on that. Not that good of a deal but a much better deal than most, since I am the Mom. Anyway, I have started ordering stuff for the bathroom. I am trying to get him to get this done also before major fishing season and major overtime season comes in to effect. Fishing tournaments have already started. I got the cabinets ordered and the tub and sink and toilet. Am trying to figure out if I am going to tile or not. I want that old style look with the white hexagon floor and tiles walls three quarter way up but dont know yet. I can't afford the colors in that kind of tile since it is a handmade tile. I want that old style wavy look. I have found it in white and cream but I am kind of afraid of white or cream tile in the everyday bathroom with the grout. What do you guys think. Do you think I would have too much trouble with light grout on a heavily used bathroom. I am probably going to do it anyway but still thinking. My house has needed remodeling in the worst way so I am feeling better already just with the kitchen work. It is turning out beautiful. Yea I used to work for the Illinois Bell and then I retired and have been a caregiver off and on for a long, long time. I get attached to those old people. They are like little children. They depend on your every move. I retired from the phone company early since I had a dd and then twins 14 months later. My dh still works there and is in his 30th year now. I am very very greatful that he has had that good job ya know!!!. I'm out for now.

Beckyo:thumbup:

Holly...congrats on Onederland! and...wishing you continued success on your weight loss journey.

Becky....sounds like you know what you want with the tile and just go for it. We live on a farm and I have white everywhere. We remodeled 8 yrs ago and I love, love, love it every day. My floors our a light grey and the upkeep is not too bad. My kitchen dining set is a cross between cranberry and burgandy. Adds a lot of color with the white. I even found a Kitchen Aid professional mixer in that color along with a toaster. The Kitchen Aid toaster has so many features I swear it would butter the toast for me! We did 16' car siding on the walls and the ceilings in all the remodeled rooms and painted white. You just gotta do what seems right for YOU. They make such good grout cleaner now that you shouldn't have problems.

It's so hard to have the house ripped up (especially a kitchen) for so long but so worth it. The first time you cook your first meal for company, you will be so proud!

Holly congrats on Onederland!!

Becky, you could always opt for a little darker grout but keep your white tiles. I wouldn't go too dark on the grout but maybe a light gray or beige if you go off white. How exciting to be getting so much remodeling done!

Well I went shopping, to lunch and got pedicures with my daughter today. I had to take back my white jeans for a smaller size!! wOoHOO!! Also got them reduced in price as they were 20% off now! Double WooHoo!! And then my duaghter gave me a pair of dress slacks that she had gotten at Express that were too big and they fit me!! I am now officially wearing her hand me downs!! Triple WOOHOO!! She's a size 6 or 8 and these were 10's. Great day!!

Julie, I hope you are feeling stronger and better each day. Any idea how the bowel got perferated? I know that is spelled wrong. :eek:

Becky

On the tile issue - if you like white go for it - just seal it well and heck you are going to have runs down on the floor any way - and if the counter you are worried about - bleach :0) and seriously they make a sealer/color that you can pain over the old grout.

Long Congrats on those smaller sizes - I know how unbelieveable it is - you get to 12 - oh that's as small as I am going to get then it's 10 - then 8's - It is possible... Keep up the good work..

Well gang got gym tonite and I don't like Mondays I'm tired today...

Julie if you are reading - Hugs & Prayers hope you are feeling better...

ck back later chickies

Happy Monday to everyone!

Yesterday evening I got a little bored and wanted to eat/snack. Instead I went to Wal-mart and bought a Wii Fit. I have been wanting one and I thought - if you can jump on this and have some fun and get my hands away from the pantry door. I love it...I even woke up this morning and did some running, strength training and then some yoga. I will admit that it is not a tough workout, but it keeps you from sitting on the couch looking for something to eat.

Tomorrow I get my fill. I can say that I am nervous about it. Deep down I really need it. Of course, my dept is going out for lunch on Wednesday:eek:. I ran to the Internet and picked out a place that has a Tomato bisque Soup since I will not be eating anything solid in front of people just after a fill.

Does anybody here do Curves and are you on their SMART program?

I hope everyone has a good night.

Happy Monday to everyone!

Yesterday evening I got a little bored and wanted to eat/snack. Instead I went to Wal-mart and bought a Wii Fit. I have been wanting one and I thought - if you can jump on this and have some fun and get my hands away from the pantry door. I love it...I even woke up this morning and did some running, strength training and then some yoga. I will admit that it is not a tough workout, but it keeps you from sitting on the couch looking for something to eat.

Tomorrow I get my fill. I can say that I am nervous about it. Deep down I really need it. Of course, my dept is going out for lunch on Wednesday:eek:. I ran to the Internet and picked out a place that has a Tomato bisque Soup since I will not be eating anything solid in front of people just after a fill.

Does anybody here do Curves and are you on their SMART program?

I hope everyone has a good night.

Hey Claudine

Glad to see that you came back :(

I know a few pple who have the Wii's and they love them - My DS got one for Xmas and when I talked to him yesterday my 5 yr GD was kicking his butt in bowling - I will try it out for the first time this weekend when I go visit them..

I hadn't wanted to invest that kind of $$ if I'm not going to use it - I belong to a gym across the street from my house where I do the treadmill and I also have a personal trainer who I work with 2 x week with weight - tonite was arms - Wed will be legs - I really doubt I will buy one since I go to they gym - but can't wait to try it out..

In reading your post from this weekend - sounds like you do need a fill but just don't get so tight that you can't eat at all - for me - I'm at my sweet spot and have been since 1/08 and even though I am physically full after dinner 99.9% of the time - I will still be mentally hungry - I want to continue to eat cuz it taste good... But in saying that I think that you should be able to eat somewhat normal - I could not survive on eating 1/2 cup of food per meal for the rest of my life...

I like being able to eat my 4 oz of meat - 1/2 cup of veggies and a little rice if I have room -

I belonged to curves once - but that was before the new machines - I thought someone here or maybe it was my lucky #7 that was going to join - but don't remember - who it was..

Yes keeping busy is key - that's why I am online right now - if I'm bored and want to eat I come to lbt and post and then go to Facebook and play pathword or parking wars just to stay out of the kitchen..

Isn't the internet such a great tool - we can check out menus so that we can pre-plan what we are going to eat...

Hugs

Hello I was banded on April 1st and am slowly losing weight. I am having severe pain in left shoulder neck area after i eat. Should I be concerned and is there any tips or is this common

hi all, I'm here, but just barely.....so much pain..and the lack of moisture in the air and my body is dreadful....i can only sip Water occassionally.... My new friend is Mr Morphine........ thank goodness for drugs...I made it around the corridor today.... yeah!!! Must quit, I'm so tired... Hope all are well..... Julie

Hang in there Mrs.Bubba you are in my prayers.

Janet do you find joining a gym instead of working out at home motivates you more? I am thinking about joining a gym.

Where does your son live, locally to you?

During you weight loss journey have you ever not lost any weight in a month. This month has been very slow for me. I only lost 2 lbs in a month. I know that everyone is different I just like to know if maybe I am doing something wrong.

Hello,

I am considering the band but am unsure if it is right for me. I am 30 years of age, 5ft 4in and 221lbs. I do not have any health issues but am unsatisfied with the extra weight. Would the band be right for me also would I be able to get my insurance co. to cover the cost.

Thank you

What a great site!!!!!! Why did I not know of this lol. I just joined last night and found so many beneficial idea's here. I was banded Sept 18th 2008 and have done very well thus far. I just relcoated to NewYork and hopefully either this Friday or next going for my 3rd fill. I have had to struggle through this process as the states I lived in could never get things right for insurance, so I had to wing it. Everyone of you who has posted here have inspired me so much. Thanks a million. I went to bed last night so over whelmed with the support I see everyone giving out. I couldn't wait to get back on here this morning. I have a ways to go but I just try and look at it where I came from of 500 to be at 376 today. I lost over a 100 on my own before the band. My 38th b-day is coming up in August the end so gives me more to play with hahaha, and I have set a new goal for myself with that alone. Wish me luck and once again thank you for this thread.:(

Hello, I am considering the band but am unsure if it is right for me. I am 30 years of age, 5ft 4in and 221lbs. I do not have any health issues but am unsatisfied with the extra weight. Would the band be right for me also would I be able to get my insurance co. to cover the cost. Thank you

See your primary care doc for recommendations. Insurance coverage usually depends on BMI vs. co-morbidity factors... elevated cholesterol ? diabetes? sleep apnea? high BP, and each insurance is different. Some want you to have 6-12 mos of documented attempts to lose weight.

What a great site!!!!!! Why did I not know of this lol. I just joined last night and found so many beneficial idea's here. I was banded Sept 18th 2008 and have done very well thus far. I just relcoated to NewYork and hopefully either this Friday or next going for my 3rd fill. I have had to struggle through this process as the states I lived in could never get things right for insurance, so I had to wing it. Everyone of you who has posted here have inspired me so much. Thanks a million. I went to bed last night so over whelmed with the support I see everyone giving out. I couldn't wait to get back on here this morning. I have a ways to go but I just try and look at it where I came from of 500 to be at 376 today. I lost over a 100 on my own before the band. My 38th b-day is coming up in August the end so gives me more to play with hahaha, and I have set a new goal for myself with that alone. Wish me luck and once again thank you for this thread.:(

WELCOME to both of you.

This is a GREAT place to come for advice, encouragement, support and a slap on the wrist when you need it.... tough love! We care!!